Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Dec. 7th - Dec. 11th
Topic Started: Dec 6 2009, 06:37 PM (5,791 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 8 2009, 12:59 AM

And after all of Sami's... no EJ! Stop! Don't!... my mom and I both laughed when EJ got up and Sami sat on the bed she went straight into bitch mode like it was her turn. Is it just me or are they kind of playing Sami all over the place right now? I mean... one minute she's saying she's going to kill Nicole and acting like it and the next she's all tolerant of her and shit. Even if Nicole supposedly had this big epiphany where she picked up the phone to call Sami like she was going to bring Sydney home, it's still not realistic IMO that Sami would be AT ALL sympathetic or patient with her after what's happened so I don't know why they are going back and forth with her on that.
I laughed too because if Sami got in my face like that I would probablly start crying too. Sami being all over the place is just Sami. She's never really had very much self control and finesse isn't her specialty.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Oh, fuck off Hope. This is so irritating.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Vivian to Kate: "You know Stefano owns your soul... as well as what's left of your body" bwahahaha

Mason

Matt
Dec 8 2009, 01:20 PM
Vivian to Kate: "You know Stefano owns your soul... as well as what's left of your body" bwahahaha
I loooooved their scenes today! Louise Sorel and Lauren Koslow together are pure win.

Mason

Bo: "If this is your house, then why did you leave?"

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

six
Member Avatar

Did Stefano and Rolf download the real Hope's personality to a disc and swap it out with a crazy immature harpy's when no one was looking? What gives her the right to badger Carly about living with someone else, and picking Mia for info like that was really low. This has got to be one of the worst character assassinations on record. Loved Carly's line about not everything being about Hope.

Onto Mia, this girl lies as easily as Nicole does. Maybe she really is hers.

EJ looked nice today with his stubble, but that and Nicole escaping were the only interesting things about Cleveland. Enough standing around yelling and crying. Lets get this story solved before Syd is sorased to thirty. Roman's praise of Rafe for realizing most mom's wouldn't bash their daughters' heads in was telling, though. If that's great detective work in his eyes, no wonder the Salem police department is such a joke.

Vivian and Kate were awesome. They need a whole show dedicated to them. Did Vic show up at Bo's just to get Ciara? That scene was out of place.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

six
Dec 8 2009, 03:41 PM
Lets get this story solved before Syd is sorased to thirty. Roman's praise of Rafe for realizing most mom's wouldn't bash their daughters' heads in was telling, though. If that's great detective work in his eyes, no wonder the Salem police department is such a joke.
^^^This :applause:

peaches179

six
Dec 8 2009, 03:41 PM
Enough standing around yelling and crying. Lets get this story solved before Syd is sorased to thirty.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alligato
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Dec 8 2009, 11:12 AM
Yep - and for a while there "bitch" was the only word coming out of Victor's mouth.
I can't stand it when Sami says "capable of" as in "you don't know what he is capable of". She says it to Rafe when talking about EJ and Nicole, she says it to EJ when she talks about Stefano. It grates on my nerves!
I wish more people were saying that about her though. But alas...

Alligato
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 8 2009, 01:30 PM

I can't wait to see Vivian and Kate, and Bo getting skippy with Hope.

First time in awhile that I am not so looking forward to babynapping.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Those Vivian and Kate scenes where wonderful. I just love that rivalry.

LovingDays

Mason
Dec 8 2009, 01:30 PM

did u see Hope when he said that gush i love Bo
Edited by LovingDays, Dec 8 2009, 05:37 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

EJ is a wreck but he makes desperation look good. I wish they would throw away that grey Sears Wash n Wear suit away.

I don't mind the Bope turmoil but Bo's insistance about keeping Carly's secret is lame.

Stefano is still really working well in this story.

So are we at the Twist part yet? I feel like we are in the eye of a tornado, waiting for the shake up to happen. It seems like the list of suspects are:
Stefano-to play the hero OR to keep Syd away from Ejami.
Faye-she doesn't have the wherewithall to pull that off.
Dr. Baker-to sell a Dimera baby on the blackmarket.
EJ-?
Owen-revenge

Red Mist
Member Avatar

The best part of the show today was Kate and Viv's exchange. I am really looking forward to these. I wish they would cat fight in a public fountain and if it was over Victor *sighs* what a dream come true that would be.

I was wrapping gifts and it tends to make me a little more then crazy...I had myself a WTF moment. Stefano was the only one making sense to me in that circus.lol

Carly's kid just has to be Melanie...Not Mia Not Mia!

The show just felt like more filler. Some of the dialogue was just a repeat of things we have heard characters say before. I can't wait to see what crazy Nicole does next....I hope she changes her hair color again...flamming red. Do I dare to hope?

Speaking of Hope...She needs to get some because she is freaking uptight! Put out Bo.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Halloween Family
Dec 8 2009, 05:39 PM
So are we at the Twist part yet? I feel like we are in the eye of a tornado, waiting for the shake up to happen. It seems like the list of suspects are:
Stefano-to play the hero OR to keep Syd away from Ejami.
Faye-she doesn't have the wherewithall to pull that off.
Dr. Baker-to sell a Dimera baby on the blackmarket.
EJ-?
Owen-revenge
I'm not sure why you have a question mark next to EJ. I actually think EJ has the most interesting and most complete motive of anyone. There are three people who have deceived/betrayed him in this story, and in one fell swoop he can get revenge on all of them because they all want Sydney. He gets his revenge on Nicole for faking the pregnancy and lying to him, his revenge on Sami for trying to withhold his child from him and his revenge on Stefano for being in cahoots with Nicole to deceive him. He could have taken Sydney with one of two possible outcomes: either he took her to play hero to Sami, in which case her suffering will be short-term (and Stefano's as well, depending on if this alleged disownment ever takes), or he may intend to keep Sydney hidden from everyone permanently, though naturally I would assume somebody would figure it out eventually.

EJ's behavior has been pretty suspicious and it may all be a red herring, or he could be behind it. As has been noted here already, he sure seems to be stalling and shooting down everyone else's ideas and flat ignoring the advice about how to handle Nicole and the plan to fly commercial was never explained as making any sense when Brady had the Titan jet available. Like I say, it could all add up to nothing but I really think EJ being behind it would be really good story. But I guess we'll know . . . I was going to say "soon enough," but I should probably say, "eventually."

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

The only reason I put EJ was because all of those red herrings you mentioned, but all his irrational behavior seems more like paranoia setting in or one of Susan's looney genes clicking on. I just don't see a good motive for EJ to be the napper because he can find a better way to exact revenge on all those people, it seems like too much effort for him to be the culprit. and I really don't see the need for him to play hero to Sami--it won't really change her stance on him.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Halloween Family
Dec 8 2009, 06:16 PM
The only reason I put EJ was because all of those red herrings you mentioned, but all his irrational behavior seems more like paranoia setting in or one of Susan's looney genes clicking on. I just don't see a good motive for EJ to be the napper because he can find a better way to exact revenge on all those people, it seems like too much effort for him to be the culprit. and I really don't see the need for him to play hero to Sami--it won't really change her stance on him.
I actually think this is the easiest way for EJ to exact revenge on those three people, since the one thing they have in common is Sydney and wanting her. This way he doesn't have to come up with a dastardly revenge plan like a Bond villain for each one separately. With Sami, it's complete tit for tat.

I also don't see why it's any more effort for him to be the culprit than it would be for Stefano. And it's actually easier for him, who still has Daddy's resources, apparently, even though there's supposed to be the disownment, than it would be for, say, Owen, who has no money as far as we know and no resources, nor do we have any reason to believe he knows anything about Nicole being on the run or being in Cleveland. EJ will just use somebody he hires anyway, he wouldn't actually do the napping. It would have to be a really seat-of-the-pants plan for anybody but EJ or Stefano or someone affiliated with them. Even the hotel clerk, who I still think would be the utterly lamest of the possibilities, wouldn't have had much time to formulate a plan. I'm not saying I would necessarily hate it if Dr. Baker or Owen was behind it--in fact, I'd be happy to see Dr. Baker again--just that there are more holes to fill for them than if it were EJ or Stefano.

I don't agree either that EJ returning Sydney to Sami wouldn't change her stance on him. I agree that she doesn't love him, but she would probably believe he had truly forgiven her if he returned Sydney to her and didn't fight over custody with her any more, and if EJ wants to start a relationship with her then perhaps he would think that's a good first step. Heaven knows I don't want that to happen, but I could see it.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 8 2009, 06:28 PM
Halloween Family
Dec 8 2009, 06:16 PM
I actually think this is the easiest way for EJ to exact revenge on those three people, since the one thing they have in common is Sydney and wanting her. This way he doesn't have to come up with a dastardly revenge plan like a Bond villain for each one separately. With Sami, it's complete tit for tat.

I also don't see why it's any more effort for him to be the culprit than it would be for Stefano. And it's actually easier for him, who still has Daddy's resources, apparently, even though there's supposed to be the disownment, than it would be for, say, Owen, who has no money as far as we know and no resources, nor do we have any reason to believe he knows anything about Nicole being on the run or being in Cleveland. EJ will just use somebody he hires anyway, he wouldn't actually do the napping. It would have to be a really seat-of-the-pants plan for anybody but EJ or Stefano or someone affiliated with them. Even the hotel clerk, who I still think would be the utterly lamest of the possibilities, wouldn't have had much time to formulate a plan. I'm not saying I would necessarily hate it if Dr. Baker or Owen was behind it--in fact, I'd be happy to see Dr. Baker again--just that there are more holes to fill for them than if it were EJ or Stefano.

I don't agree either that EJ returning Sydney to Sami wouldn't change her stance on him. I agree that she doesn't love him, but she would probably believe he had truly forgiven her if he returned Sydney to her and didn't fight over custody with her any more, and if EJ wants to start a relationship with her then perhaps he would think that's a good first step. Heaven knows I don't want that to happen, but I could see it.
I think in his twisted mind, he may believe that it is a way to get back into a relationship with Sami, but I doubt it would work. If he is truly going to harden and go to the dark side, then if he does bring Sydney back, his being rejected by Sami would be a catalyst for that to happen.
I am not counting him out as a participant in this second kidnapping for a second. The fact that he lied to Sami about not having his goons involved and solely going with the Salem PD should show Sami that he still isn't trustworthy, if she had any doubts about that.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 8 2009, 06:28 PM

EJ:

I agree it's the easiest in the sense that he can kill 3 birds with one stone. If his plan is to keep Sydney away from everyone permanantly, then logistically how would it work. He's not like Stefano, he's more of a hands on kind of dad so unless EJ is going to be leaving Salem I don't see this happening. What about Johnny? Is he going to kidnap him too? I don't see EJ making a Sofie's Choice. Again, it doesn't seem worth all the effort.

Yes, I agree EJ wouldn't get his hands dirty in all this, he would hire someone to do it which is making me think we might have a Man on Fire situation, crap.

He might score half a point with Sami by playing hero, doesn't seem worth the effort. I don't think she gives a shit if EJ forgives her or not, she just doesn't want him to hassele her over custody issues. I do think EJ still has it bad for Sami but he should know better that this method won't pan out for him, crap...this is probablly what they are going to do, thanks Paxton,lol.

Owen:
Who needs money to buy a blunt object to crack Nicole in the head? Sydney herself would be the paycheck.

Hotel Clerk:
The spoiler pic from CD Twitter does look like the clerk but I didn't even want to put out there in the ether because that would be the lamest.

In fact, this whole twist seems like it's turning out to be a big jerkoff.

Unrelated, it was nice touch albeit tiny to have Stefano say he has experience in these types of situations, it made me think that is how he found EJ when he was a child. Also, nice was Victor spending time with Ciarra and picking her up.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I just want it to be EJ because I'm tired of the whiny "you took my toy away and I want it back" bullshit attitude that he's been exhibting!
I thought this fucker was going to be proactive and not let things be done to him? Shit, kidnapping Syd from Nicole would be so fuckin DiMera. I miss that side of him!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply