Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Dec. 7th - Dec. 11th
Topic Started: Dec 6 2009, 06:37 PM (5,896 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Halloween Family
Dec 8 2009, 08:03 PM
I agree it's the easiest in the sense that he can kill 3 birds with one stone. If his plan is to keep Sydney away from everyone permanantly, then logistically how would it work. He's not like Stefano, he's more of a hands on kind of dad so unless EJ is going to be leaving Salem I don't see this happening. What about Johnny? Is he going to kidnap him too? I don't see EJ making a Sofie's Choice. Again, it doesn't seem worth all the effort.
ROFL. The day something on this show makes logistical sense is the day I think it's not Days of Our Lives. But I already mentioned in an earlier post that was an issue--long term concealment--and I would assume it would be written to have some sort of fatal flaw in the plan. I'm not sure I buy that EJ is such a loving hands-on dad that he wouldn't ship Sydney off to a boarding school or somewhere to keep her away from everyone he's pissed at. And of course I don't see that EJ has it bad for Sami--JS hasn't sold me on that in literally years and the writing's done very little either--but I suppose you knew I felt that way and we can agree to disagree like usual.

As far as him not keeping Johnny from Sami, there's no reason to because he isn't the child she tried to keep from him (strangely, given how he was conceived)--I mean, she tried while she was pregnant but eventually just gave up. It also deflects suspicion from him as the kidnapper if he's not keeping her other child from her.

But, this all has more to do with motive than logistics anyway. Frankly, it's logistically unreasonable for anyone to kidnap Sydney and keep her for all that long. That's why I think it's more likely that if EJ's the kidnapper, his plan would be to keep Sydney from Sami for a while to ramp up her gratitude at him returning her and to pay her back simultaneously. Nicole's not a problem because she's in jail. Stefano to me is the question mark because EJ's been rambling about breaking with Daddy but I sure haven't noticed him really moving out, even though as Salem's new drug lord surely he can afford his own place.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

How annoying was Hope today badgering Mia like that? Jesus Christ.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Paxton, That's the problem sometimes with overanalysizing the stories because they are usually short term bursts that don't come to fruition in the longterm. You were right before about Stefano not having to convince EJ about taking Nicole back because the whole thing would would blow up before he got a chance to, so EJ kidnapping Sydney seems pretty likely now. I do have a hard time believing EJ would send an infant to boarding school but who knows how he would rationalize it, especially if he's suppose to lose his marbles.

It's not that I have a problem with EJ doing a selfish or manipulative thing, it's just that I am tired of seeing EJ being so dumb. I'm afraid that if he is the kidnapper that he'll have a plan held together by bubble gum and straws. The twist feels like it's too much already.
Edited by Halloween Family, Dec 8 2009, 09:17 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Hey, I'm not pretending to be an oracle or insisting EJ has to be the kidnapper. I just think he has the best motive and I think it would be the best story, which is why it won't happen because the writers and I rarely agree on what would make good story.

"Bubble gum and straws" made me giggle.

On another note, re: yesterday's show, it can't be said enough what a bitch Melanie was to Carly. I know it's all a stupid plot point but I just can't stand anyone being unreasonably bitchy, especially when it's someone I can't stand in the first place.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

If EJs the kidnapper, it would be the smartest thing he's thought of since Spring! Its totally his M.O. to act like the hero too and deliver Syd to Sami.

Sami would be grateful and you get barf-worthy EJ and Sami scenes, Rafe is all warning Sami not to get too close and she blows up at him. Then super Rafe gets a clue and decides to get his Sherlock Holmes hat on and goes on to prove that EJ did plan the kidnapping after Nicole took Syd.

SAFE would have the angst as EJ being interloper and may even break up and they're reunited by Spring where they can be lovey-dovey (and when I can use the FF button..been using it a lot lately!)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Paxton
Dec 8 2009, 08:57 PM
Stefano to me is the question mark because EJ's been rambling about breaking with Daddy but I sure haven't noticed him really moving out, even though as Salem's new drug lord surely he can afford his own place.
At this point, I can deal with it being EJ. Not that I really want him to be it, because I think there's other more interesting possible kidnapping suspects out there, but I'm still not sold that it's him.

Stefano has said and done a few more things to make me suspicious like the whole thing today (or is in tomorrow's Prevuze? I can't remember) about how Stefano is going to get revenge on all of Nicole, Samantha and EJ for trying to keep Sydney for him. This could very well be a red herring, but I'm racking my brain trying to think... when has Stefano been a suspect for something and turned out to have not actually been responsible or the one blamed in the end? Even this baby swap ordeal they brought Steffy in the middle of it, without ever really explaining how he came to find out about it.

Now if Stefano somehow hired the person who kidnapped Sydney from Nicole and it turns out it was Meredith or Emily, as much as I don't like Rafe or as much of this baby swap drama turning out to be about Rafe, at least that storyline would get some sort of resolution... I hope.

I don't buy the idea of Kate having anything to do with the kidnapping, if only because she's like the only person in Salem who seemed to not fall under Sydney's spell when holding her, and despite her whole litter of brats she's just so... un-maternal... at least when it comes to babies. It would be weird. I mean the baby might spit up on her fur coat or something.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Where was the bathroom in Nicole's room? I thought that the door I saw her picking was the bathroom door at first... :laugh:

I know the bathroom was probably in the "unseen" area of Nicole's hospital room though.

Poor dopey cop guarding the door of Nicole's room being so amazed that Super Rafe used to be in the FBI... :rolleyes:

My favorite scenes were the ones with Kate/Vivian, Victor/Ciara and Victor/Vivian. The rest was just boring and dragged along so much.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Rhi
Dec 8 2009, 10:13 PM
Poor dopey cop guarding the door of Nicole's room being so amazed that Super Rafe used to be in the FBI... :rolleyes:
He sure has gotten more mileage out of a job he was fired from than just about any character I can ever remember.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ I thought it was odd when the police asked Rafe to go along with him to question the couple that saw Nicole in the bus station. Why would Rafe be asked? He is a construction worker!
Either make the guy a cop/FBI or stop involving him!

Mason
Member Avatar

Rhi
My favorite scenes were the ones with Kate/Vivian, Victor/Ciara and Victor/Vivian. The rest was just boring and dragged along so much.
Same here. Thank God for Vivian, because she's the only thing keeping me interested in the show, right now.

angmc
Member Avatar

I don't think EJ had Sydney taken from Nicole as much as many are hoping. I guess we'll have to wait for spoilers tomorrow to confirm it.

aimees76
Member Avatar

The way Rafe is treated reminds me of how John was ... even though he really wasn't a cop/detective/ISA guy anymore, he was always sitting in on those types of convos and going along for the ride on everything. He was like honorary or something .. seems like Rafey is the new John ... *gags* :(

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Dec 8 2009, 10:24 PM
Rhi
Same here. Thank God for Vivian, because she's the only thing keeping me interested in the show, right now.
I just made a post in the wrong forum! I had posted in the spoilers something I should have posted here:
From reading these discussions, I think I'm glad that I'm still working on Thursday's episode of Days,while I'm all caught up with OLTL. Somehow, not much on Days is captivating me.
But, count me in as one who is hoping it's EJ who took Sydney. If nothing else, it won't be more of the same "Stephano did it".

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

aimees76
Dec 8 2009, 10:47 PM
The way Rafe is treated reminds me of how John was ... even though he really wasn't a cop/detective/ISA guy anymore, he was always sitting in on those types of convos and going along for the ride on everything. He was like honorary or something .. seems like Rafey is the new John ... *gags* :(
*gags* with you

Wonder if we'll find out later on that the time he spent at the convent was actually him studying to be a priest?

pixiedust

Viv and Syd need their own show, I could watch those two all day!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 8 2009, 09:21 PM

On another note, re: yesterday's show, it can't be said enough what a bitch Melanie was to Carly. I know it's all a stupid plot point but I just can't stand anyone being unreasonably bitchy, especially when it's someone I can't stand in the first place.
I know, I hate that too. It might have taken more time but it would have made more sense to have the conflict between Mel and Carly at the hospital in their professional capacities, there's tons of stuff were they could legit clash and Melanie would have a good reason to hate Carly.

designergirl777
Member Avatar

So watching Days today I found myself very annoyed. So glad Mia isn't going to be Carly's daughter because she's just being a little witch. Carly was nothing but nice to her and now because Mia is uncomfortable with what she revealed she has to be rude and insolent. And that comment she made to Hope today about Carly and "how she shouldn't trust her and and should stay away from her", that was uncalled for. And then Hope's smart reply "smart girl"

The other thing that really burned me was Hope insisting on knowing Carly's secret and how that's somehow the problem in her marriage. First of all Hope it's none of your business. It's Carly's business and whomever else she deems worthy to know. And another thing, the reason your marriage is on the rocks is because it's your way or no way and you moved out. So take some responsibilities for your poor decision making and stop laying it at Carly's doorstep. Uh lately I just can't stand Hope's attitude. I usually like Hope a lot, but she's really pissing me off lately. I feel bad for Bo. He's just trying to help a friend out and I can respect that. But instead of some understanding all he gets in return is jealous accusations and a shrewish wife.

Oh and Hope forgive Carly for actually being friends with "YOUR FAMILY". She can't help it that she actually lived there and had connections with people some of them actually being Hortons. It makes me wish Francis were still on the show because Mrs. H and Carly always got on. Carly having saved her life and all (twice). And Alice having helped Frederick and Juanita rendezvous with one another without Victor knowing about it.

Sorry for the long rant but I am peeved.

kitkat
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 8 2009, 11:28 PM
aimees76
Dec 8 2009, 10:47 PM
*gags* with you

Wonder if we'll find out later on that the time he spent at the convent was actually him studying to be a priest?
that's very comical... and as much as I love love love Rafe, I gag with you. I don't want Rafe to be shown as a John type. Hey designergirl777... love your Avatar.
Edited by kitkat, Dec 9 2009, 01:55 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

designergirl777
Dec 9 2009, 01:45 AM
Oh and Hope forgive Carly for actually being friends with "YOUR FAMILY". She can't help it that she actually lived there and had connections with people some of them actually being Hortons. It makes me wish Francis were still on the show because Mrs. H and Carly always got on. Carly having saved her life and all (twice). And Alice having helped Frederick and Juanita rendezvous with one another without Victor knowing about it.

Sorry for the long rant but I am peeved.
I'm really hoping Maggie gets in Hope's face about that since they seem to be focusing on Carly and Maggie as friends. Carly was good friends with all of Hope's loved ones in Salem during her time on the show. That is why I really miss Jennifer right now because she was Carly's best friend and that would really be interesting to see.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

They really have given up on trying to hide Arianne Zucker's pregnancy, haven't they? It was so obvious today.

Where in the hell did Nicole go? I assumed that door led to the bathroom, not another exit into a hallway.

For the first time since the summer, I actually liked Hope. She still came off as a bitch in her scenes with Bo and Carly, but Kristian Alfonso played it differently or something because I wasn't annoyed. She felt more Hope-like, rather than just spiteful bitch. She seemed to think that she was better than Carly and that's how Hope should be, at least I think so. I loved her questioning Mia at Java Cafe. She seemed so genuine in her questions to not make Mia suspicious, but you could also hear the bitch in her trying to get answers about Carly's secret maybe. Loved her today, and that's something I can't say a lot lately. I hope it continues.

Kate and Vivian's exchange at Java Cafe was great. These two are such great rivals. They put the last decade of Kate vs. Sami to shame. Vivian is Kate's top enemy, not Sami.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Dec 9 2009, 02:22 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply