Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Dec. 14th - Dec. 18th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2009, 01:11 AM (11,632 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Week of Dec. 14

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know it's a little early for this, but I finished my Christmas shopping today so I'm in a very happy Christmas mood. :)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Awww Jennifer ... I miss the Devereux's so much.

Deleted User
Deleted User

☼ Jinx ☼
Dec 13 2009, 07:42 PM
Awww Jennifer ... I miss the Devereux's so much.
I bet I miss them more :)
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Of all the shit I posted it's Jen you notice, Jinxie? LOL.

Personally I love the Kristen-snowman fight. :lol:

AlisonLou

I'm now confused about the Bo/Hope/Carly/justin storyline. There is an interview with Crystal Chappell in the Aussie tv week. In the interview the interviewer asks if Carly has any residual feelings for Bo? she says that Carly has no romantic feelings for Bo whatsoever. Carly knows how much he loves Hope. She met him just after Hope's "death". At the time, he told her he didn't want to live anymore. She understands that he only loves Hope - and will always lover her. She has no intention of going after Bo. She's very comfortable just being his friend.

I already assumed this was the case. If they are going to play Bo and Carly as just friends then that's great because I like them as just friends but I'm confused as to where this storyline is going? It sort of all makes sense but it's a bit confusing. I'm thinking that they are no definately going with a Carly and Dan pairing and they will be getting Bo and Hope back together at some point. I just wish the writers would make it clear what direction they are going in with this storyline. It's just all so confusing. I guess they were telling the truth when they said Carly wasn't an interloper and going to come between Bo and Hope which I'm happy about because Carly is a good character and doesn't deserve to be another Billie.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I know she'll end up with someone, who is the question. I kind of think that her hands are going to be pretty full with Viv for the next few months.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

thanks for the christmas postings! i miss jack and jen so much. sorry, missaremind, the first thing i noticed this morning was jen. it made me all warm and happy inside.

i have to admit i'm confused about ej and sami's grand plan to irk stefano into telling them where sydney is. i know ej hasn't forgotten about stefano's odd behavior after waking up from the coma, and how he was dead-set on telling ej and sami 'something' until sami burst in and started lambasting him. all sami has ever succeeded in doing is pissing stefano off and recently, his anger at her at her kept him from telling ej and sami about sydeny when he seemed determined to do so. why in the heck do either of these two think this is a good idea? it feels like all ej, sami and rafe have done this entire kidnapping is fumble around in the dark coming up with one bad idea after the next.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Dec 14 2009, 08:16 AM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Dec 14 2009, 05:27 AM
I'm now confused about the Bo/Hope/Carly/justin storyline. There is an interview with Crystal Chappell in the Aussie tv week. In the interview the interviewer asks if Carly has any residual feelings for Bo? she says that Carly has no romantic feelings for Bo whatsoever. Carly knows how much he loves Hope. She met him just after Hope's "death". At the time, he told her he didn't want to live anymore. She understands that he only loves Hope - and will always lover her. She has no intention of going after Bo. She's very comfortable just being his friend.

I already assumed this was the case. If they are going to play Bo and Carly as just friends then that's great because I like them as just friends but I'm confused as to where this storyline is going? It sort of all makes sense but it's a bit confusing. I'm thinking that they are no definately going with a Carly and Dan pairing and they will be getting Bo and Hope back together at some point. I just wish the writers would make it clear what direction they are going in with this storyline. It's just all so confusing. I guess they were telling the truth when they said Carly wasn't an interloper and going to come between Bo and Hope which I'm happy about because Carly is a good character and doesn't deserve to be another Billie.
Well as someone who enjoys both Bo and Hope as well as Bo and Carly, I don't really mind not knowing where the story is going and with which woman Bo will end up. I will be happy either way as long as the writing is there for it, cause I know the actors' chem will be there. I don't think even if Bo and Carly happens that she will automatically become another Billie because of the way Bo and Hope's marriage has somewhat naturally come apart (even with the extra-shrewish writing for Hope).

But I'm not sure how much can be read into some Crystal Chappell comment to Australian television. Aren't they like eight or nine months behind the U.S.?

dc cubs
Member Avatar

AlisonLou

A possible scenario for this could be that Carly does not go after Bo. However, Hope and Bo are having their own serious problems right now. Hope doesn't trust Carly and is digging around for info on her. I think the Brady marriage is going to fall apart due to Bope's own struggles and not because of Carly. I'm not saying her being there didn't make things worse but it wasn't the sole reason.

Bope breaks up and then Bo and Carly slowly get back together. I have been a fan of both pairings so I'm not trying to start any fan base wars here. This is just a possible way things could play out.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Lindsay Hartley sounds sick today.

Why is Arianna the only person we ever see working on this show?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Dec 14 2009, 11:18 AM
AlisonLou

A possible scenario for this could be that Carly does not go after Bo. However, Hope and Bo are having their own serious problems right now. Hope doesn't trust Carly and is digging around for info on her. I think the Brady marriage is going to fall apart due to Bope's own struggles and not because of Carly. I'm not saying her being there didn't make things worse but it wasn't the sole reason.

Bope breaks up and then Bo and Carly slowly get back together. I have been a fan of both pairings so I'm not trying to start any fan base wars here. This is just a possible way things could play out.
I agree. I think they've been very careful about how they are splitting Bo and Hope. They started their issues in advance f Carly's return and have had Justin and Carly trying to help them get together or simply being friends.

I agree with IMA too about the fact that not knowing where they are going is better. They could do Carly and Bo or Carly and Justin or Carly and Daniel. They can throw Hope at Justin or reunite her with Bo. The uncertainty is what IMO is helping the story.

LovingDays

Kenny
Dec 14 2009, 01:56 PM

Daniel to

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2009, 02:01 PM
I agree with IMA too about the fact that not knowing where they are going is better. They could do Carly and Bo or Carly and Justin or Carly and Daniel. They can throw Hope at Justin or reunite her with Bo. The uncertainty is what IMO is helping the story.
That's all fine and dandy... as long as it's actually going someplace. I don't want the writers muddying up these romantic entanglements for too long. That gets boring after a while and it makes it seem like the writers themselves aren't sure where the rooting interest lies.

I think what's frustrating me at this point is the possibility of a Carly/Daniel pairing. I really don't want that, LoL. If it's not gonna happen, the writers should let us know now so we don't have to waste time dreading it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 14 2009, 01:56 PM

Well, we do see Daniel, Melanie, Stephanie, and Nathan at the hospital all the time.

Then there is EJ, Stefano, Victor, Brady, and Philip who all seem to do most of their corporate business from their homes. Same with Justin, who seems based out of Victor's house.

LH did seem a bit under the weather today. I liked her scenes with Gabi and Rafe. I like that we got a break from Gabi after she burst on the scene.

The Sami/EJ scenes at the beginning continued to annoy me just like they did at the end of Friday. The writing and acting was a mess on Friday and today in those scenes. What were JS and AS doing? James had this annoying smile and he was just moving around all strange and Ali was way over the top. Both of them were dreadful and it seemed like whoever wrote the scene had no idea how to get what they wanted to across. Once Rafe showed up, it got better but not because of him. It was because whoever was writing seemed to wake up LOL. I did like the Sami/Stefano scenes with Rafe and EJ listening in. They are doing a good job keeping Stefano suspicious.

Loved Stefano vs Bo and I continue to enjoy how they are tying to back to Ciara's kidnapping for Bo. Stefano's mentioning of that was a nice touch.

I enjoyed the Nicole/Chloe scenes and how Chloe seemed to soften toward her as the episode wore on. At the start, you could tell she did not want to be there. I did like how they had Nicole explain how things came about with her and EJ and how things seemed to arrive at this point. Nice cliffhanger with Nicole remembering Sydney was taken by a woman and I loved the mystery woman scenes with her singing lullabies. Classic JER kind of stuff with that. Little Sydney is so cute and talented LOL. I just loved when the woman told her they would be spending alot of time together and Sydney just went "Yep." At least that is what it sounded like she said LOL. Looks like Sydney is happier to be with the kidnapper :laugh: .

I enjoyed Carly vs Justin again and the Daniel and Justin scene. I love Justin like this. I saw some chemistry there with CC and SC. Not sure about them as a potential pairing but I do think something could be there. Good Bo and Justin scene and Bo and Carly scene at the end too.

Not too bad for a Monday episode. And KA looked very good in the previews for tomorrow with her hair pulled back and that white sweater.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 14 2009, 02:09 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2009, 02:01 PM
That's all fine and dandy... as long as it's actually going someplace. I don't want the writers muddying up these romantic entanglements for too long. That gets boring after a while and it makes it seem like the writers themselves aren't sure where the rooting interest lies.

I think what's frustrating me at this point is the possibility of a Carly/Daniel pairing. I really don't want that, LoL. If it's not gonna happen, the writers should let us know now so we don't have to waste time dreading it.
I would think by now this regime has proven they don't just do things. It has to be going someplace. Plus, they spent so much time slowly developing the story and the relationships, just like the baby switch story a year ago. You can tell this is going to be their next big story and that they are investing alot into it.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Shock of shocks. I actually saw sparks between Carly & Daniel today. I could stand watching this explored further.

Harmony233

Matt
Dec 14 2009, 02:15 PM
Shock of shocks. I actually saw sparks between Carly & Daniel today. I could stand watching this explored further.
I actually saw some chemistry between them too.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2009, 02:11 PM
Well, we do see Daniel, Melanie, Stephanie, and Nathan at the hospital all the time.
We rarely see them working though, LoL. Stephanie and Nathan might be shown at the hospital quite often, but giving each other horny eyes in the lobby 24/7 is hardly what I would call work. I do give the show credit for trying to attempt the look of "work" though. I just wish we saw the characters in action a little more.

As for the characters who run their businesses from home, that's lazy. That's the show's way of saying "these people are multi-millionaires but we're too busy to build a work set and show how they actually earn the big bucks." What ever happened to Titan? With all the plotting and the scheming and the fighting that these people do in their living rooms, does anyone actually believe that they find the time to focus on work and making a living?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 14 2009, 02:23 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2009, 02:11 PM
We rarely see them working though, LoL. Stephanie and Nathan might be shown at the hospital quite often, but giving each other horny eyes in the lobby 24/7 is hardly what I would call work. I do give the show credit for trying to attempt the look of "work" though. I just wish we saw the characters in action a little more.

As for the characters who run their businesses from home, that's lazy. That's the show's way of saying "these people are multi-millionaires but we're too busy to build a work set and show how they actually earn the big bucks." What ever happened to Titan? With all the plotting and the scheming and the fighting that these people do in their living rooms, does anyone actually believe that they find the time to focus on work and making a living?
I agree with you on Titan. They had that small Titan lobby set being used alot a year ago. Why not pull that out? I know they used pieces of it for the hospital but they can just create a new one. I know they have to stay within budget but, to me, a small Titan set would not hurt. I don't expect to see a Dimera work set because when have they ever had one? LOL.

However, in regards to the hospital, when have we ever seen them in action? You only see characters at work in hospitals when a character is sick or injured.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 14 2009, 02:27 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2009, 02:26 PM
However, in regards to the hospital, when have we ever seen them in action? You only see characters at work in hospitals when a character is sick or injured.
LoL. I know. I'm just saying... it would be nice to see them in action. I think it makes the characters more interesting when we actually get to see them in their professional element, whether they're waiting tables or saving lives.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply