Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Dec. 14th - Dec. 18th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2009, 01:11 AM (11,794 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Stefano sleeps like a Pharoah.

Truth serum, again? Didn't we just see that a couple years ago with Marlena? It seems like next we'll be seeing chloroform and quicksand.

Melanie didn't bother me or rather not for the reasons everyone else sited. Melanie, Vivian, Carly, Phillip, Victor and Kate seem to have so much potential.

There's a problem with the Vivian character in general. While I did enjoy her scenes today, it seems like such a throw back to Days of yesteryear. I guess I'm hoping for something a bit different. I do like that she doesn't automatically hate Mel but she still does see her flaws, it's refreshing.

I'm so glad Nicole is seeing that EJ's glossy finish is wearing off.

Brianna love scene wasn't horrible, much better than usual. Maybe because I thought Ari's hair was gorgeous and her outfit was cute. I really want to know what LH does that makes her hair so luxurious.
Edited by Halloween Family, Dec 18 2009, 06:31 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Yep, another liberal interpretation of "investigating" by the BPD...aka...superRAFE! I felt so bad for Steffy saying it he was doing all this for his son! I did love the laugh when he said that he hired the hitman to kill Rafe! LOL

As for the EJole scenes....damn...theyre still compelling and I love how Nicole didnt want to admit that she shouldnt love him! I cant wait til EJ is behind those bars himself- sooner or later superRafe is gunning after you! LOL

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Dec 18 2009, 06:08 PM
mer4santo
Dec 18 2009, 06:03 PM
Days4Life
Dec 18 2009, 05:16 PM
Am I supposed to be cheering Rafe on as he plays super agent and illegally drugs Stefano? Because I'm not. And how does he get all this access in police departments? John used to do stuff like this and I was okay with it because he was former ISA, former Salem PD and kind of an honorary investigator, but Rafe is a disgraced FBI agent (loved Stefano's spin on it the other day) and current (?) construction worker. I don't care how much the show wants to turn Rafe into the new John Black--he isn't John Black, and I resent him being forced on me as this super hero/savior of Sami and Salem kind of guy.
I was thinking something similar today and then realized that if Rafe is the next nuJohnBlack then why does Sami like him?
Because she's been morphed in to nuMarlena. :shame:
They've gone well past Marlena with the way they're writing Sami. She's not active enough to be Marlena or Carrie. She may be like Belle, but she reminds me more of Mimi - they can't commit to writing her "good", and she just can't come off as a viable lead no matter how much airtime she has.

jane1978

Halloween Family
Dec 18 2009, 06:30 PM
There's a problem with the Vivian character in general. While I did enjoy her scenes today, it seems like such a throw back to Days of yesteryear. I guess I'm hoping for something a bit different. I do like that she doesn't automatically hate Mel but she still does see her flaws, it's refreshing.
I quess I´m not following but why should Vivian hate Melanie? She is girl Phillip is dating and if Vivian wants to be Phillip´s mum again she can hardly start by critisising his choose of a girlfriend.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

jane1978
Dec 18 2009, 07:35 PM
Halloween Family
I quess I´m not following but why should Vivian hate Melanie? She is girl Phillip is dating and if Vivian wants to be Phillip´s mum again she can hardly start by critisising his choose of a girlfriend.

Exactly, she has no real reason (yet anyway) to dislike Melanie at this point since she is trying to score some points with Phillip. That's refreshing because usually the villiany moms tend to hate their childrens' mates right off the bat, following the idea that no one is good enough for for my baby.

Harmony233

Halloween Family
Dec 18 2009, 07:43 PM
jane1978
Halloween Family

Exactly, she has no real reason (yet anyway) to dislike Melanie at this point since she is trying to score some points with Phillip. That's refreshing because usually the villiany moms tend to hate their childrens' mates right off the bat, following the idea that no one is good enough for for my baby.
I never understood why Vivian hated Carly back in the day.I used to think that Vivian wanted Lawrence for herself.She used to look at him lustfully.LOL But at least the reason she hates her now makes sense.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 18 2009, 03:04 PM
Harmony233
Dec 18 2009, 02:40 PM
AS much as I love Viv and Carly scenes and there snarkness.I don't know those scenes just come off as odd.Maybe its just me but shouldn't Carly be freaked out to see Viv at the hospital.I don't know it just seems like Kate has more issues with Vivian over stealing the embroyo than Carly does for Vivian burying her alive.I mean yeah buried alive has been mentioned a few times but I would love a real flashback of it too.
One of my biggest issues with the show right now is that Vivian is being treated as more of an annoyance than a threat. Yes, Vivian is zany and fun... but she's also dangerous and psychotic, LoL. Why people aren't reacting to her more seriously, I'll never know.

Comic sparring is fun, but I hope things take a more serious turn soon.
Vivan wasn't particularly threatening when she left Salem, though, was she? Maybe the rest of Salem is treating her how they remember her from the end of her stint. I see Carly being cautious and not wanting to let Vivian know that she's being cautious. Did everyone know that Vivian buried Carly alive? I know that ended weirdly, but I can't remember if everyone else knew. The rest of my opinion on how Vivian is being treated relies on that...

jane1978

Sorry Ejami fans, but I really like Rafe in the investigating mode. Exactly like Stephano said he is a smug bastard, but that role suits Galen well. Totally loved the dynamic between him and Stefano today. IMO, this is the best written Stefano in atleast a decade. So much better than him plotting with his idiotic sidekicks and so much better than Sheffer´s I´m sick, weak and about to die version.

Edited by jane1978, Dec 18 2009, 08:15 PM.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

I agree about Stefano, the writing for him has been refreshing. Especially over the past month.

As for Nicole, god, I can't wait for AZ's maternity leave to start on screen. Why could she be taking ayear off. I need a break from her character, stat!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

The only part of today's show I enjoyed was Vivian. The rest of it just wasn't very interesting to me.

lysie
Member Avatar

UKDaysFan
Dec 18 2009, 08:09 PM
I agree about Stefano, the writing for him has been refreshing. Especially over the past month.

As for Nicole, god, I can't wait for AZ's maternity leave to start on screen. Why could she be taking ayear off. I need a break from her character, stat!
I haven't minded it until the last two weeks. She doesn't seem to be adding anything to the story now, and I don't see that changing (maybe I'll be wrong). At least she didn't pre-tape!

This is the fourth day in a row that I watched the whole show and had pretty much forgotten it by the end.

I don't like the random Lexie scenes. They always have her say stupid things at the end as kind of a filler (like "ooh burritos). Give her something to do or stop making me roll my eyes. I'm tired of EJ yelling. The Stefano/truth serum scene was way too similar to the truth serum scene two years ago. Like, he did the same thing. The BOPE stuff that I remembered to pay attention to was good, until Hope kissed Bo the same way Bo kissed her a couple of weeks ago. That also made me roll my eyes...though it was a good kiss. But they just did that. Hope breaking that picture and it just happening to crack right over face was totally cheesy, too. Henderson and Maxine should hang out.

Days4Life

jane1978
Dec 18 2009, 08:05 PM
Sorry Ejami fans, but I really like Rafe in the investigating mode. Exactly like Stephano said he is a smug bastard, but that role suits Galen well. Totally loved the dynamic between him and Stefano today. IMO, this is the best written Stefano in atleast a decade. So much better than him plotting with his idiotic sidekicks and so much better than Sheffer´s I´m sick, weak and about to die version.

Well, I'm not an Ejami fan--I have no personal investment in Sami's love life at all--but I still don't like Rafe's techniques. No, correct that--I don't like Rafe at all. Maybe it's the smugness, maybe it's because he was introduced in that horrible witless protection storyline, I don't know...maybe it's just that I like the bad boys, lol. I do agree that Stefano is being written wonderfully right now. I re-watched the chess scene with Kate three times just because it was so good.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 18 2009, 08:16 PM
UKDaysFan
Dec 18 2009, 08:09 PM

I haven't minded it until the last two weeks. She doesn't seem to be adding anything to the story now, and I don't see that changing (maybe I'll be wrong). At least she didn't pre-tape!

This is the fourth day in a row that I watched the whole show and had pretty much forgotten it by the end.

I don't like the random Lexie scenes. They always have her say stupid things at the end as kind of a filler (like "ooh burritos). Give her something to do or stop making me roll my eyes. I'm tired of EJ yelling. The Stefano/truth serum scene was way too similar to the truth serum scene two years ago. Like, he did the same thing. The BOPE stuff that I remembered to pay attention to was good, until Hope kissed Bo the same way Bo kissed her a couple of weeks ago. That also made me roll my eyes...though it was a good kiss. But they just did that. Hope breaking that picture and it just happening to crack right over face was totally cheesy, too. Henderson and Maxine should hang out.
Lol, I love EJ and even I am tired of his yelling. Such one dimensional writing *sigh*

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Dec 18 2009, 07:53 PM
Halloween Family
Dec 18 2009, 07:43 PM
jane1978
Halloween Family

I never understood why Vivian hated Carly back in the day.I used to think that Vivian wanted Lawrence for herself.She used to look at him lustfully.LOL But at least the reason she hates her now makes sense.
I still don't know why Vivian (except for Carly killing Lawrence) and Victor hate Carly so much. They should use some flashbacks and have the characters talk about it.

Rafe was fine today, nothing spectacular but at least watchable.

The writing for Stefano has been wonderful. It puts me a bit at ease that with Nicole off the canvas soon that they have another character who they will be able to invest their energies into. I too need a break from Nicole, her character was hogging too much of the writers attention.

Bope was pretty good today. Hope is way insecure and Bo doesn't know what to do because everything he does is wrong. The picture breaking was a cheap ploy but it worked on me. IMO, Hope is freaking all over the place but in a good way, the writers aren't throwing her under the bus.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Dec 18 2009, 08:23 PM
jane1978
Dec 18 2009, 08:05 PM

Well, I'm not an Ejami fan--I have no personal investment in Sami's love life at all--but I still don't like Rafe's techniques. No, correct that--I don't like Rafe at all. Maybe it's the smugness, maybe it's because he was introduced in that horrible witless protection storyline, I don't know...maybe it's just that I like the bad boys, lol. I do agree that Stefano is being written wonderfully right now. I re-watched the chess scene with Kate three times just because it was so good.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

six
Member Avatar

Brianna sex? A picture breaking at bopes? I must've missed a segment, or have already blocked these things out, because I don't remember those things at all lol.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Dec 18 2009, 09:58 PM
Brianna sex? A picture breaking at bopes? I must've missed a segment, or have already blocked these things out, because I don't remember those things at all lol.
I don't remember Brianna sex either, but I was having a hard time keeping up with them.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The writing for Vivian and Carly is wonderful. I'm loving their scenes. And I hope they get more scenes with Melanie in the mix.

Implosion

So let me get this straight...Ana has Sydney....
Wow!
Is it me, or does this sl not make any sense at all?
Imp

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great ending with Carly and Lexie finding the dead patient. So glad Vivian is starting her revenge. Also loved the reveal with Stefano not being involved and Anna being the cliffhanger. Great twist Days. I'm sure they will fill in the dots. Welcome back Anna.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply