Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Dec. 14th - Dec. 18th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2009, 01:11 AM (11,810 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

Jane - excellent analysis on the Bope marriage and nobody wanting to make the first move...i see that too. It is frustrating but I am glad that the marriage is all messed up before anything with Carly develops.

I FLOVED Rafe and Stefano! I loved Rafe's questions to Stefano and Steffie laughing at putting a hit out on Rafe was funny. It's weird at how I have warmed up to Rafe recently...maybe it is because I am impressed at all the work he is doing while the actual parents sit around throwing themselves a pity party.

It is so damn weird to me that EJ hears his father spill about how much he loves him and all that he would do for him, then he sees Nicole she tells him that she still loves him and would do anything for him...yet he shuns them both for giving him his child and kisses Safe's ass? Sami who hated him so much that she denied him his child until she died, and Rafe who intended to adopt her?
THAT is why I need Ej to be behind the kidnapping...so I don't lose all respect for him. Apologizing to Rafe for upsetting Arianna was unbelievable. Can the real Ej please stand up?

I thought Ej and Nicole were awesome together in the jail cell. I love Ej when he is in his powerful mode...just friggin sexy! "playing hard to get, sweetheart?" - now THAT is the EJ I know and love!

I also love Ari and EJ...and again it bothers me she is so damn smug (must get it from her brother) that she condemns Nicole for lying and needs her to be in jail where Ari herself lied about something big and was in jail. The only reason I feel Ari is so hell bent on trashing Nicole is because of her jealousy of Brady...I dont even think Ari has ever met Nicole.

I was freaked out by Carly's corpse and the big sprig of baby's breath in her hair. Nasty. Love the story though.

Oh, and Anna. I am still confused by the fall on the head and the cold baby thing, but it is nice to see her finally revealed...now maybe we can see who, if anyone, she is working with.
Pretty good week!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 19 2009, 07:52 PM
I don't think soaps ever tell menopause stories for women because then that eliminates a woman's possibility for a who's the daddy storyline.

I mean hell they had Marlena pregnant what was it? Like five years ago?
They could do a perimenopause story, where she could still get pregnant and still have all the issues that come with menopause. I'd be down with that as long as they tell the story from the character's POVs--right or wrong--and don't turn it into a Public Service Annoucement.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Alligato
Dec 19 2009, 07:57 PM
Oh, and Anna. I am still confused by the fall on the head and the cold baby thing, but it is nice to see her finally revealed...now maybe we can see who, if anyone, she is working with.
Pretty good week!
I was thinking that the freezing baby thing was contrasted with Sami being in a nice warm fireplace heated house and Nicole being distraught to make the audience more sympathetic for Nicole and whatever future baby plan they have for her.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Quote:

Apologizing to Rafe for upsetting Arianna was unbelievable.

I thought EJ was just screwing with Rafe with that apology, maybe just to get the wheels turning in Rafe's head that Ari is on his radar.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Dec 19 2009, 08:07 PM
Alligato
Pretty good week!
I was thinking that the freezing baby thing was contrasted with Sami being in a nice warm fireplace heated house and Nicole being distraught to make the audience more sympathetic for Nicole and whatever future baby plan they have for her.
By future baby, you mean Sydney??!? ;)

I could go a really long time and not watch another Days character be pregnant!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Dec 19 2009, 08:11 PM
Quote:

Apologizing to Rafe for upsetting Arianna was unbelievable.

I thought EJ was just screwing with Rafe with that apology, maybe just to get the wheels turning in Rafe's head that Ari is on his radar.
I agree. That apology was a scam. Even the look on his face showed that, and Rafe's answer to him was unrealistic,too, seeing that he told EJ just recently to stay away from his sister.

TINA222
Member Avatar

EJ was messing with Rafe for sure. There was no other reason to mention it. Just to kinda put it out there he has been talking to Arianna. Now Rafe will mention it to her. All part of EJ's master plan.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I totally agree. EJ is letting it be known to Rafe that he and Ari have been 'chatting'. ;)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

mer4santo
Dec 19 2009, 02:43 PM
cassie1013
Dec 19 2009, 12:11 AM
And I think I say this every week - but WHO the hell dresses Ali Sweeney so terribly? It's not only the style that's bad - the things they put her in are either a. wrong for her body type, b. outdated, or c. too immature (I'm sorry, the Blair Waldorf-wannabe headbands have got to go!). Sami was annoying, as usual.
:hail:
I think this consistently. Is wardrobe trying to imply that Sami is wholesome? Well if falls on deaf ears and offended eyes.
Maybe she makes suggestions for Sami's attire..... :unsure:

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Alligato
Dec 19 2009, 08:33 PM
Halloween Family
Dec 19 2009, 08:07 PM
Alligato
Pretty good week!
By future baby, you mean Sydney??!? ;)

I could go a really long time and not watch another Days character be pregnant!
Have no idea. Not sure that they would make Sydney Nicole's baby right off the bat, it might depend on how she is redeemed or if the writers think she needs redeeming at all. IMO, Nicole doesn't need to be redeemed in the sense of prison, she's already been redeemed by loving (as warped as it may be) Sydney and for me SydNic was golden. Doesn't mean I wouldn't mind EJ torturing her but I'm afraid to even want that. It just was really weird that the fire place scene was done while Syd was freezing, Sami is uncharacteristaclly calm while Nicole is sobbing her eyes out. It makes me wonder if Sami is in cahoots with Anna.

As for another character being pregnant, it got me thinking about Hope's deal and if she were perimenopausal, they could give her a big oopsie! pregnancy, I think there's a term for that "menopause baby". At the same time, one of the other Salemites could be dealing with fertility issues say Danloe or even Nicole. just thinking out loud...I know it's a ugh-s/l with having more pregnancies and Danloe, lol.
Edited by Halloween Family, Dec 19 2009, 11:05 PM.

cassie1013

mer4santo
cassie1013
And I think I say this every week - but WHO the hell dresses Ali Sweeney so terribly? It's not only the style that's bad - the things they put her in are either a. wrong for her body type, b. outdated, or c. too immature (I'm sorry, the Blair Waldorf-wannabe headbands have got to go!). Sami was annoying, as usual.
I think this consistently. Is wardrobe trying to imply that Sami is wholesome? Well if falls on deaf ears and offended eyes.
But what I don't get is why. I realize this show is set in a small town, but that never affects soap opera style. Look at Kate. Look at Hope - Hope is dressed exactly how Kristian would in real life: LA chic (designer jeans, blazers, cute tops etc.). All contemporary brands, as well.

Like that leather coat/blazer thing Sami had on the other? Where the hell did they even buy that? Tabi's ? lol.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cassie1013
Dec 19 2009, 11:17 PM
mer4santo
cassie1013
But what I don't get is why. I realize this show is set in a small town, but that never affects soap opera style. Look at Kate. Look at Hope - Hope is dressed exactly how Kristian would in real life: LA chic (designer jeans, blazers, cute tops etc.). All contemporary brands, as well.

Like that leather coat/blazer thing Sami had on the other? Where the hell did they even buy that? Tabi's ? lol.
By contemporary brand, do you mean HER brand? LOL Because of lot of what she wears is from her line. Loved the necklace Friday. Wish I could afford it!

Days4Life

I was thinking the reason behind Anna falling and the house getting so cold is because they are going to have Sydney get sick and Anna will have to contact her accomplice because the baby needs medical attention. Maybe that's how they are going to reveal the next twist. I also noticed the twin they used for Sydney in Friday's episode looked very red around her eyes, the way babies often look when they are sick.

cassie1013

ladyofthelake
Dec 20 2009, 05:55 AM
cassie1013
mer4santo
cassie1013

By contemporary brand, do you mean HER brand? LOL Because of lot of what she wears is from her line. Loved the necklace Friday. Wish I could afford it!
No, I mean like Seven for all Mankind, J Brand, Trovata, Milly, etc. I recognize a ton of stuff she wears when looking around the Neiman Marcus contemporary section, LoL. Sami used to be dressed in a TON of Juicy Couture, but they dropped that look for this weird, outdated bad jean, button up and sweater look.

Oh, yeah, KA does wear her own jewelery - that's right.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cassie1013
Dec 20 2009, 04:58 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 20 2009, 05:55 AM
cassie1013
mer4santo

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepgot

No, I mean like Seven for all Mankind, J Brand, Trovata, Milly, etc. I recognize a ton of stuff she wears when looking around the Neiman Marcus contemporary section, LoL. Sami used to be dressed in a TON of Juicy Couture, but they dropped that look for this weird, outdated bad jean, button up and sweater look.

Oh, yeah, KA does wear her own jewelery - that's right.
Gads, it just looks like clothes to me (spoken as the person who shops at Kohl's and Old Navy. More bang for the buck that way :D ). I do know, though, she has worn her own line, too.
Since Sami just passed $50,000 off on Nicole, Sami probably can't afford Neiman-Marcus anyway. And, as somewith with toddlers, she SHOULDN'T be wearing anything but Target and Walmart! At least around the kids.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^LOL, lady, you crack me up!
But you forget that Sami hasn't seen or even mentioned those kids of hers in eons so she could wear Juicy if she wanted...

ps - i love Kohl's!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply