Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Dec. 14th - Dec. 18th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2009, 01:11 AM (11,873 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 14 2009, 02:29 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2009, 02:26 PM
However, in regards to the hospital, when have we ever seen them in action? You only see characters at work in hospitals when a character is sick or injured.
LoL. I know. I'm just saying... it would be nice to see them in action. I think it makes the characters more interesting when we actually get to see them in their professional element, whether they're waiting tables or saving lives.
Oh, no doubt. I would love that. I always get a kick out of Lexie trying to save people's lives and getting shown up by everyone else :laugh: .

Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 14 2009, 02:35 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

"Rafe is ex- FBI he knows what he's talking about!"...... :rolleyes:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Why do they bring up the Hernandez mom all the time? Ugh. I hope she never shows up in Salem except possibly to lasso in her brood and take them back to Hernandezland or have some crisis that causes them all to leave Salem so they're off our screens. The two Hernandez girls annoy me even when it appears their only purpose in an episode is to discuss the possibility of EJ and Sami getting back together after Sydney is found. I can only imagine how much more annoying these two are to everyone else who doesn't give a crap about Ejami! "That reminds me... I have to go check on Sami." :eyeroll: What is he afraid of? She'll stick a fork in a light socket if he isn't there to stop her? Get in to the cleaning closet and drink something toxic? Set the townhouse on fire by playing with the stove? And how the hell can he open the door and jump right in the conversation... unless he had his ear up to the door and was spying on EJ and Sami? EVERYTHING about the writing for this character is fucking obnoxious. UGH and then Luis and Paloma are in the trivia, too? :puke:

Nice to see Bo and Stefano together even if it is just another dose of Brady sanctimony vs. DiMera condescension. PR and JM always have good chem. Much better adversaries than JT's Roman and Stefano at this point, really. What's with Stefano and the black leather jacket though? That doesn't really seem his style. Did the wardrobe department get some kind of discount at Wilsons Leather to outfit everyone like they're in a DOOL motorcycle gang?

LoL at their big plan for Sami to wear the wire and them being able to acquire the wire and get everything set up without any trouble. Hey, maybe Rafe got fired from the FBI for stealing equipment? :lol: Can't help it but I always enjoy Sami-Stefano confrontations. "I want her back too, you idiot!" Stefano is so :lol: And I enjoy Sami actually giving a damn at how what Stefano did hurt EJ and throwing that in Stefano's face the same way Stefano brings up what Sami did to him. :wub: Both of them insulting each other at how big their broods are is pretty great too.

Damn you Crystal Chappell! You made me enjoy a Dan scene and you're the first person whose chem I enjoyed with SC since the brief moments Lexie used to have with Daniel back in the day. I know everyone else hates the possibility, but at this point, I can deal with Carly having shared a secret spawn with Daniel if he's the daddy.

Looks like Justin is still a douche today. I really don't get what they are supposed to be accomplishing with this character with his Bo-Carly cockblocking masquerading as Bo and Hope cheerleading. If they were supposed to have been such good friends before that Carly thought to turn to him for help after she killed Lawrence I just don't get him going off on her like this? Unless we're supposed to draw some connection between his grief over his own marriage to Adrienne breaking up and not wanting that to happen to Bo and Hope? But if that's the case they need to paint that picture a little more clearly and have Justin come out and say it.

Chloe and Nicole's talk was good. LOL at Chloe forgiving her and taking her back so easily. She's such a chump. But it was nice for Nicole to have someone to get all that out with. I'm also glad they brought up how much of Nicole's relationship with EJ was about her being in competition with Sami more so than her actual interest in EJ. That's pretty much what I got out of it too so it annoyed me the last couple months hearing her claim all the time to justify everything she did in the Sydney revelations that the only reason she did what she did with the baby swap was out of love for EJ. A few "my baby" slips here and there, but she seems to be coming to her senses a little bit more in the slammer.

Still enjoying mystery woman and my little doses of Sydney.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny
Dec 14 2009, 02:29 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2009, 02:26 PM
However, in regards to the hospital, when have we ever seen them in action? You only see characters at work in hospitals when a character is sick or injured.
LoL. I know. I'm just saying... it would be nice to see them in action. I think it makes the characters more interesting when we actually get to see them in their professional element, whether they're waiting tables or saving lives.
Unfortunately, nowadays Phillip, Victor and Brady seem to do all their Titan work from cell phones at the Java Cafe.

six
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 14 2009, 03:01 PM
And how the hell can he open the door and jump right in the conversation... unless he had his ear up to the door and was spying on EJ and Sami? EVERYTHING about the writing for this character is fucking obnoxious. UGH and then Luis and Paloma are in the trivia, too? :puke:

I wondered the same thing, and while I don't mind Ari, it'd be nice to see someone besides the Hernandez family at the Brady Pub.

Justin and his need to insert himself into everyone else's life is creepy. He's not a bad character, but they either need to bring on a love interest or a kid or focus on his career if he's going to stay, because the current things he's doing aren't working. Love Carly's reaction to it all, though, biting her lip and batting her eyes at him.

LOL at Sami and Stefano's convo about who had the most kids.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I really hate this Carly/Daniel crap already. I hate to see her wasted with that loser. and besides its messing with my dreams for a Justin/Carly romance lol.

I love Justin, but please can the writers give him more to do than play interference or whatever with the whole mess with Carly/Bo/Hope. I want more for Justin!!!!

Harmony233

Mirage75
Dec 14 2009, 04:05 PM
I really hate this Carly/Daniel crap already. I hate to see her wasted with that loser. and besides its messing with my dreams for a Justin/Carly romance lol.

I love Justin, but please can the writers give him more to do than play interference or whatever with the whole mess with Carly/Bo/Hope. I want more for Justin!!!!
Carly and Justin have some chemistry going on there too.I would love to see Victors reaction if they hooked up.LOL

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

The kidnapper has really pretty hands. They need to reveal her soon because it's getting too creepy having her whisper all that crazy shit. I think they are going for The Hand that Rocks the Craddle but it's not working.

Lindsay looks really nice with her french braids. It makes me wish Chloe would braid her hair once in a blue moon, it would be nice to see Chloe looking more casual. Yes, LH sounds sick. Hopefully, Galen will catch it and he'll get his sexy subdued voice again.

Ejami sucked today. They sounded like Jughead and Veronica plotting about the big dance. And that was their big bright idea? To have Sami annoy Stefano to death? Stupid. Also, they need to tone down the WTF looks.

Carly looked pretty except for her moldy lipstick. Dan and Car had good collegue chemistry but I do not want to see Dr. Dan messing up Carly!!!! The hostility between Justin and Carly is good but that's another pairing I hope they are not going to go thru with.

Bo in cop mode sucks. Loved the interaction between Bo and Justin, though. A real man vs. the little bitch.

Nadia did well in the scenes with Nicole when she said "I miss you", it was a nice tender moment between Nicole and Chloe. Nicole's wig continues to make me itchy, throw that thing away and while they're at it throw those blasted Bumpits away too. It was a nice touch having nicole's nail polish be chipped.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

My favorite scene of the day really was Steffy and Sami taking swipes at one another about how many kids both of them have.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm happy I actually get to watch an episode in the same day! My thoughts:
1. Gabi and Arianna....meh
2. Now that you guys mention it, the EJ/Sami plan did seem right out of the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew or Scooby-Doo. Something just isn't clicking with those people. The whole "search" involving them is blah.
3. Chloe and Nicole were super. The juxtaposition between Nicole's revelation of "the taker as a woman" and the voice was pretty cool.
4. I am SO freaking disappointed in Justin right now, it's not even funny. But, yeah, I liked Carly with Daniel. She's actually his age!
5. Bo and Stephano were great. Stephano and Sami together....not so much. I just can't muster up much like for Sami anymore, even at her "best".

peaches179

Halloween Family
Dec 14 2009, 06:09 PM
Ejami sucked today. They sounded like Jughead and Veronica plotting about the big dance. And that was their big bright idea? To have Sami annoy Stefano to death? Stupid. Also, they need to tone down the WTF looks.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cassie1013

Harmony233
Dec 14 2009, 04:45 PM
Mirage75
Dec 14 2009, 04:05 PM

Carly and Justin have some chemistry going on there too.I would love to see Victors reaction if they hooked up.LOL
LOL - Victor's reaction to any of the prospective pairings would be amusing, with Bo as his son, Justin as his nephew, and Daniel as his godson.

I miss seeing the characters at work, too. It's something I've always liked about Y&R. I loved the Titan set in the late 90s' early 00's - I wish they'd bring that back. Was the smaller Titan set from last year part of the original?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Can Nicole and Chloe patch their friendship up because I miss girl friendships at DAYS. Gone are the days of Hope and Jennifer just having girl talk and not wanting to pull each others hair out!
I think that scene was good because Nadia was talking to Ari....not Chloe talking to Nicole. I thought the last line when Nadia saying "Really....nice hair" was just to give her a lil' pep talk because she could see she needed it! Man after all the lies, Nicole (and Ari) can still have sympathetic people coming to see her! I really like that scene...thanks writers!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

EJ & Sami looked amusing as they had another one of their Blair Warner-esque "Brilliant Ideas" (Patent Pending).

I'd kill for someone to do a video montage of EJ waving his hands set to "Flight of the Bumble Bee".

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^LOL..."I have another one of my BRILLLiant ideas!"LOL Then she turns her head and her bouncy curls flow! (Too bad Sami doesnt have that bounce in her hair!)

lysie
Member Avatar

OMG. Y'all weren't kidding about those EJAMI scenes. They were awful. When Rafe makes a scene better, there's a problem. Sami bugged me during the Stefano showdown, too. All that head bobbing. Ugh.

This is the first time ever that I wasn't annoyed with Daniel. All of my annoyedness went to Justin. Amazing.

Bo was looking good today.

That's literally all I remember.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I enjoyed the Carly/Daniel scenes today. I adore Carly and I love how Daniel doesn't hesitate to stand up to anyone for what he believes. I want the Carly/Daniel friendship explored further but I want Daniel with Chloe romantically. I also want Carly with Bo. I know Bo/Hope will eventually get back together but I'd be happy with some romantic Bo/Carly moments. Justin needs to mind his own business and I'm glad Bo told him to do so. Bo and Daniel are my favorite DAYS men right now.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 14 2009, 07:34 PM
I'd kill for someone to do a video montage of EJ waving his hands set to "Flight of the Bumble Bee".
Matt - you are on a roll today! I am cracking up at every post!

I like Shawn Christian, so seeing him with Carly makes me happy. He looked genuinly happy and so did she. Yes, I saw sparks. SC looks like he could go up against CC, and I think the only time Danloe works is when they are having hot sex. It would also be great to see Chloe get a little bit of her own crap with Daniel wanting Carly but promised to Chloe. See how it feels, hooch!
It does make Daniel seem like a serial dater. At least not a pedophile! :)

EJ and Sami sucked! Big ass! Their plan sounded so stupid, and they couldn't sell it. So friggin over the top and fake...it was kind of hard to watch. Supposedly, those two can do so much better and I keep waiting to see them mesh again, and so far, they are awful. And LOL about Sami annoying Stefano to death. Why would he admit anything to her even in his anger? Stupid!

It was nice to see Chloe and Nicole. For some reason, I thought their meeting was going to go really bad like Chloe was going to treat her like shit and walk off...surprisingly, it was nice. NB does good work opposite AZ and I think it is because she is more natural. I can't wait for that wig to go away though...reminds me of Chelsea. Hated her hair too.

Oh Justin. You just piss me off. What is your deal, dude?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Okay. Here's my problem with Justin. I feel like I could get behind him trying to save Bo and Hope's marriage if he wasn't having his own marital problems with Adrienne. If he and Hope were seriously developing a genuine friendship with no thoughts of anything romantic coming about, I could be okay with Justin's current position, being the poster child for Bo and Hope. However, that's not the case. Justin is facing marital problems of his own and has shared scenes with Hope that indicates there are feelings there. Even Carly pointed it out. So as a result, Justin just seems like an annoying pest in all of this, who's intentions aren't clear. If things are what they seem and Justin does have a thing for Hope, you would think that he wouldn't be doing things to keep their marriage safe. I'm not asking for Justin to start scheming to break up Bo and Hope. Just have him step back and watch the marriage crumble, and be there to support Hope afterwards.

Here is how I think the story should've gone and go in the future. Like I said above, if the original plan was to have Justin be a supporter for Bo and Hope and be against Carly, accusing her of trying to break them up, then Justin and Adrienne should've still been happily married. That way, a genuine friendship could develop between Justin and Hope, something we don't see on soaps nowadays. There should've been no indications that Justin has feelings for Hope, including the accusations from Bo and Carly, not yet at least. Then as Bo and Hope are dealing with their own marital problems, you have Carly in Salem and Justin would be rightfully doing something for his friend, Hope, and that's trying to keep things from going bad for her. Meanwhile, all of the time he's spending in Salem starts to put a strain on his own marriage and he faces marital problems with Adrienne. At this point, you have a real friendship between Justin and Hope fully developed after months of living together, platonically, and the two are dealing with the same marital problems. Feeling the need for what's missing in their lives, a romantic partner, their friendly feelings would be turn romantic and we could actually have a genuine pairing develop with no foul-play. It would be natural and unforced, unlike what's starting to happen now.

Anyway, I'm still not seeing the chemitry between Shawn Christian and Crystall Chappell that I wanted, but it seems like others do, and I'm usually late to the sensing of chemistry between two actors. I'm just now starting to accept Philip and Melanie. And it took me months to see anything between Daniel and Chloe.

I like the decorated DiMera mansion, but I have to ask. Where is the tree? I noticed some little dinky tree in the back, and it looked like it was sitting on the piano. I know that's not the DiMera mansion's Christmas tree. What happened to that massive tree that used to sit in the back right of the main room? It looked great!

Sami, EJ and Rafe annoyed me today, but at least Sami's slightly back to what she's best at and that's decieving others, this time it being Stefano.

The kidnapper scenes are definitely starting to get a little creepy. And I don't think that's what's intended. I'd rather not see them everyday because it's starting to become a bit much.

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 14 2009, 11:31 PM
What happened to that massive tree that used to sit in the back right of the main room? It looked great!
It was sold to help pay Ali Sweeney's massive salary.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply