Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Dec. 14th - Dec. 18th
Topic Started: Dec 13 2009, 01:11 AM (11,857 Views)
cassie1013

Kenny
Dec 14 2009, 11:34 PM
DrewHamilton
Dec 14 2009, 11:31 PM
What happened to that massive tree that used to sit in the back right of the main room? It looked great!
It was sold to help pay Ali Sweeney's massive salary.
Is she really being paid that much? Not more than Kristian or Peter, I wouldn't think.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 14 2009, 11:40 PM
Kenny
DrewHamilton
What happened to that massive tree that used to sit in the back right of the main room? It looked great!
Is she really being paid that much? Not more than Kristian or Peter, I wouldn't think.
I honestly have no clue, but considering the amount of episodes she's in plus her primetime gig hosting The Biggest Loser, I'm sure she makes quite a bit of money. NBC adores the girl.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Kenny
DrewHamilton
Oh, I'm sure Sweeney passed Alfonso in salary years ago.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 14 2009, 11:43 PM
cassie1013
Kenny
DrewHamilton
I honestly have no clue, but considering the amount of episodes she's in plus her primetime gig hosting The Biggest Loser, I'm sure she makes quite a bit of money. NBC adores the girl.
She did take a pay cut at Days but yeah. She does well LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
cassie1013
Kenny
DrewHamilton
I think she did last year during the cuts but I don't think she would've before that, shockingly LOL.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2009, 11:45 PM
DrewHamilton
cassie1013
Kenny

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think she did last year during the cuts but I don't think she would've before that, shockingly LOL.
I knew that, but it's still shameful.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

The thing with Justin trying to save Bope's marriage is that he comes off like a gossipy girl, I mean what guy cares that much about someone else's marriage? To me, it's pretty clear that Justin in inserting himself into Bope married life because he wants to take Bo's place. I don't know how Justin was in the past but Carly's right, he is coming off as passive agressive in his little bitch sessions. I'm rooting for Hope to NOT even entertain Justin romantically but I do like the role he is playing in their story. Carly, on the other hand, is a bit more of a threat. Bo and Carly share a history, Carly is going through something traumatic, she's alone, Bo is being a supportive friend; it's only natural for her to start to have romantic feelings for Bo (again). Bo is also in a bad place too. He wants Hope in his bed but after all these years of her shit, he can only take so much. It's to where Bo can't speak without it being wrong, he's tired of being the bad guy. Now you have Carly who looks up at him with adoring eyes + he's lonely = perfect reason to cheat (if he's not careful). Like i said before, I SO don't want Justin and Hope to hook up and I'd be ok if Bo & Carly continue to have romantic moments BUT I don't want it to be consumated. I want Bope to get back together. And I'm not even a Bope fan, lol.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Dec 14 2009, 11:46 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2009, 11:45 PM
DrewHamilton
cassie1013

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I knew that, but it's still shameful.
Indeed.

As far as Justin goes, I think like Carly he's trying to convince himself he has no developing feelings for Hope just like Carly is convincing herself she has no reignited feelings for Bo. They are both in denial and neither one wants to cause problems or act on what they are feeling. I think Justin is doing what he is doing in order to help conceal his own feelings. I think he's just acting out and, eventually, he will realize how right Carly is about what what he is doing just as Carly will realize how Justin is right about her still loving Bo. That is just how I see it though but I do like Justin as an asshole like this LOL.

cassie1013

Kenny
cassie1013
Kenny
DrewHamilton
She is on a lot, but I thought that was because she was a cheaper vet than KA or PR. Don't the contracts work like this: you are paid X amount to appear in X amount of episodes, than anything over that is 'overtime' in a sense?

Either way, AS is used far too much. They need to chill out. And yeah, NBC adores her because clearly AS has done some good networking ... which is smart, on her part.

Kenny
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 14 2009, 11:55 PM
She is on a lot, but I thought that was because she was a cheaper vet than KA or PR.
In the case of Alison Sweeney, I don't think it works like that at all. I have no doubt she's the highest paid actress on Days right now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 14 2009, 11:57 PM
cassie1013
Dec 14 2009, 11:55 PM
She is on a lot, but I thought that was because she was a cheaper vet than KA or PR.
In the case of Alison Sweeney, I don't think it works like that at all. I have no doubt she's the highest paid actress on Days right now.
Same here.

Sure, she took a big cut and even with her high salary she is nowhere close to what Deidre Hall was making but she makes it up with money she makes from TBL and any other projects she does.

AlisonLou

Halloween Family
Dec 14 2009, 11:47 PM
The thing with Justin trying to save Bope's marriage is that he comes off like a gossipy girl, I mean what guy cares that much about someone else's marriage? To me, it's pretty clear that Justin in inserting himself into Bope married life because he wants to take Bo's place. I don't know how Justin was in the past but Carly's right, he is coming off as passive agressive in his little bitch sessions. I'm rooting for Hope to NOT even entertain Justin romantically but I do like the role he is playing in their story. Carly, on the other hand, is a bit more of a threat. Bo and Carly share a history, Carly is going through something traumatic, she's alone, Bo is being a supportive friend; it's only natural for her to start to have romantic feelings for Bo (again). Bo is also in a bad place too. He wants Hope in his bed but after all these years of her shit, he can only take so much. It's to where Bo can't speak without it being wrong, he's tired of being the bad guy. Now you have Carly who looks up at him with adoring eyes + he's lonely = perfect reason to cheat (if he's not careful). Like i said before, I SO don't want Justin and Hope to hook up and I'd be ok if Bo & Carly continue to have romantic moments BUT I don't want it to be consumated. I want Bope to get back together. And I'm not even a Bope fan, lol.
Totally agree with you! I'm so over Bope cheating on each other! Time for them to grow up and fix up their problems! I liked Carly not taking Justin's crap and giving it back to him! Justin's a real arrogant jerk! I want Bope back together too! I just hope with the Mickey stuff coming up we don't get a repeat of the Morgan Island fiasco with Justin! I do not want Hope running to Justin for comfort and end up sleeping with him like she did with Patrick on Morgan Island! The only differences in the storylines would be that instead of Morgan Island they would be using the KMansion.
And I DO NOT want to see another split scene of Bope making love to other people! That split scene of Hope/Patrick and Bo.Billie was gross and just nasty! I hope Bo's the one comforting Hope!
Edited by AlisonLou, Dec 15 2009, 01:11 AM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Dec 15 2009, 12:29 AM
I'm so over Bope cheating on each other! Time for them to grow up and fix up their problems! I liked Carly not taking Justin's crap and giving it back to him! Justin's a real arrogant jerk! I want Bope back together too! I just hope with the Mockey stuff coming up we don't get a repeat of the Morgan Island fiasco with Justin! I do not want Hope running to Justin for comfort and end up sleeping with him like she did with Patrick on Morgan Island! The only differences in the storylines would be that instead of Morgan Island they would be using the KMansion.
And I DO NOT want to see another split scene of Bope making love to other people! That split scene of Hope/Patrick and Bo.Billie was gross and just nasty! I hope Bo's the one comforting Hope!
It's not even about breaking the Holy Supercouple, it's about showing something different yet realistic at the same time.

btw, what does Mockey mean?

I really hated Patrick and Hope together.

cassie1013

OMG, EJ and Sami - STFU and calm the fuck down! Totally over the top. LoL, wow, it was like watching Dumb and Dumber on a few hits of speed.

Loving the build up to the kidnapper reveal, though, I think it's obvious who it is at this point. She was doing an OK job of disguising her voice early on, but slipped up a couple times in Monday's ep.

Daniel/Justin/Carly - who the hell needs Bo? I definitely see sparks between her and Dnaiel, and as I mentioned before, loving Carly and Justin chem. In fact, the only pair I see lacking in chemistry in this whole group is Carly and Bo!

Also, Carly referring to Daniel as a young man was amusing. Um, yeah Carly, like the same age as maybe..you? If he's potentially the daughter's father, he can't be that young. LOL and also, when she said she wanted to take time to be a fit wife and mother - this must have been a long ass time ago, with the Nicholas SORAS.

WTF is with that damn pier and why is Carly always hanging out there? So odd.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

cassie1013
Dec 15 2009, 12:40 AM
I like that they have her going there alot. Carly always loved the pier during her first stint on the show. Of course, she lived on the boat with Bo so that is probably why. I think the show even mentioned her love of the pier early on in her return.

cassie1013

I think they should continue to build the Carly/Bo connection, but as really good friends. I fear if things progress too fast - on a romantic level - she'll end up like another Billie. JMO, of course, but before we ever get to a Carly/Bo romance, there's Daniel and potentially Justin, too. It was really smart to have this other s/l going at the same time.

cassie1013

Halloween Family
Dec 15 2009, 12:38 AM
Ugh, I'll second that. I hate how Hope can never seem to have a legitimate interloper/love interest, unlike Bo who consistently had Billie, and now Carly. Hope always gets the short end of the stick, even now with Justin...who wasn't even supposed to be on the show long term, LOL.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

cassie1013
Tim, you know I love your fanwanking, but we all know the reason they have Carly hanging out at the pier is because this show is cheap as hell and the pier is their new flavor of the month set.

AlisonLou

Halloween Family
Dec 15 2009, 12:38 AM
AlisonLou
Dec 15 2009, 12:29 AM
I'm so over Bope cheating on each other! Time for them to grow up and fix up their problems! I liked Carly not taking Justin's crap and giving it back to him! Justin's a real arrogant jerk! I want Bope back together too! I just hope with the Mockey stuff coming up we don't get a repeat of the Morgan Island fiasco with Justin! I do not want Hope running to Justin for comfort and end up sleeping with him like she did with Patrick on Morgan Island! The only differences in the storylines would be that instead of Morgan Island they would be using the KMansion.
It's not even about breaking the Holy Supercouple, it's about showing something different yet realistic at the same time.

btw, what does Mockey mean?

Sorry I meant to say Mickey. I've fixed up my post now. Thanks!x :smile:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Dec 15 2009, 01:11 AM
cassie1013
Tim, you know I love your fanwanking, but we all know the reason they have Carly hanging out at the pier is because this show is cheap as hell and the pier is their new flavor of the month set.
Normally, I would agree (and I'm sure them being cheap plays into it) but Carly really did love the pier LOL. As I said, they even made reference to it when she first returned to Salem.

And what are you talking about? The pier is always their flavor of the month set :laugh: .
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 15 2009, 01:17 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply