Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC Interview with Deidre Hall Entertainer of the Decade; TVGC Exclusive
Topic Started: Dec 15 2009, 01:58 AM (6,400 Views)
cassie1013

Mason
Dec 15 2009, 03:49 AM
Well Nelson did report last year that they didn't really get along off-screen....there was a big brouhaha about it amongst J&M fans, LoL.
LOL, omg, that fan base cracks me up. HOWEVER! I think they have some off screen 'drama', if ya know what I'm sayin'.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Dec 15 2009, 03:40 AM
I'm so glad she was named entertainer of the decade and I can see why she would be named that. Who would've ever thought Deidre Hall would be fired from DAYS? Remember the outrage it caused when word broke? People really began to remember how much of DAYS revolved around Marlena, whether she had a lot do this decade or not. Marlena was the central character of the show if she was involved in front-burner storylines or not. To this day, nearly a whole year later, I still can't believe she's gone. Salem hasn't been the same without her.

I agree she was always the central character but what does that have to do with this decade? Yes, her exit made a HUGE impact on the daytime world and on the entertainment industry even. However, that Qualifies more as STORY OF THE DECADE or something along those lines.

Entertainer of the Year should go to someone who entertained consistently. Did Deidre do that? Sure but when you consider all the possibly other candidates, it makes no sense. In the 90's for sure. In the 2000's where she spent more time on the backburner, no. Her presence on the show is not enough. This is a ten year period and she didn't have much of anything.

I am happy to see her recognized but I don't get it LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Southofsoap
Dec 15 2009, 03:46 AM
Quote:

TVG: Do you keep in touch with anyone from DAYS?
DH: Martha Madison, Mary Beth Evans and a little bit of the crew.

The fact she doesn't mention Drake is telling.

At the time, I got the impression that she enjoyed it when her character wasn't tied to his. When "John" died, the character of Marlena was invigorated, when he returned she went back to phoning it in.
I think they both liked it better away from each other. Drake had other successful pairings away from her and Dee did away from him.

Drake seemed very happy when he was paired with Tamara Braun's Ava and Dee seemed excited about the story following John's death. As Mason said, Nelson reported that they had a falling out but they did seem to make up at some point. However, I doubt they were ever as close as they once were.

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
I still would love to know what the original plans were for the Salem Serial Killer storyline. What was originally supposed to be revealed that made Marlena snap and kill off all of her friends like that?
I think the weirdest thing about that serial killer storyline was how almost every person was murdered simply because they knew who the killer was or got too close to figuring out the truth. It all started with Abe (for seemingly no reason) and from there people just started getting whacked because they got close to finding out who did it. It's not as if there was some huge deeper meaning behind it.

In the end, Abe was the only intended victim and everyone else was just collateral damage. What was the motive for Abe's death though? Everyone else died because they got too close to the truth, so what motive can be given for Abe's death since it was his murder that got the ball rolling in the first place? The writers never really explained that.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 03:58 AM
In the end, Abe was the only intended victim and everyone else was just collateral damage. What was the motive for Abe's death though? Everyone else died because they got too close to the truth, so what motive can be given for Abe's death since it was his murder that got the ball rolling in the first place? The writers never really explained that.
There were reasons, they were just really contrived.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
DrewHamilton
I still would love to know what the original plans were for the Salem Serial Killer storyline. What was originally supposed to be revealed that made Marlena snap and kill off all of her friends like that?
I think the weirdest thing about that serial killer storyline was how almost every person was murdered simply because they knew who the killer was or got too close to figuring out the truth. It all started with Abe (for seemingly no reason) and from there people just started getting whacked because they got close to finding out who did it. It's not as if there was some huge deeper meaning behind it.

Nope. That was the problem. And the further we got into the story, there were more and more holes, which were made even worse when the story got changed.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
When "John" died, the character of Marlena was invigorated...
Yes!

I especially loved this scene post-John's death.

Ah, what could've been...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Loved that!

John's death was a masterpiece and it created so much potential...all shot away because Corday was too afraid. Ugh. Why couldn't he say FU to the fanbases a year sooner so we could've gotten a good Marlena story? :laugh:

Mason
Member Avatar

God, those scenes were SO.FUCKING.GOOD!
Edited by Mason, Dec 15 2009, 04:03 AM.

cassie1013

Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 04:01 AM
Southofsoap
When "John" died, the character of Marlena was invigorated...
Yes!

I especially loved this scene post-John's death.

Ah, what could've been...
Dude, we must think alike. I was just thinking of this scene when posting earlier about the feud and it being about Sami and not enough Marlena. This scene was great, and what the fued should have been. I think Joe and Deidre have amazing chemistry... I'm sad it was never went with, on a romantic level...even though he was kind of obsessed with her. I'm sorry, but Kate and Stefano will NEVER hold a candle to the chemistry Marlena and Stefano had!!!

I expect tomatoes to be thrown at me from the J&M fanbase, but... MARLENA AND STEFANO ARE HOT.
Edited by cassie1013, Dec 15 2009, 04:12 AM.

cassie1013

Mason
Dec 15 2009, 03:59 AM
Kenny
There were reasons, they were just really contrived.
Didn't they end up lumping Colin's death in there, too?

And I thought Jack was first to die? With a brick or something? lol.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 15 2009, 04:03 AM
God, those scenes were SO.FUCKING.GOOD!
Yep!

I still remember that scene with Marlena rocking back and forth in her chair sobbing after John's funeral. Deidre was so good. Marlena was broken but she came alive in a whole new way. What ever happened to that Kill Bill-esque kick ass Marlena story that we were promised?!

And looking at that clip with Marlena and Stefano from 2007, it's amazing how much different the show looks now compared to two years ago when Ed Scott was still on the payroll. The show looked so moody and rich back then. The lighting was perfect. It makes the visual appeal of the show today all the more unbearable. Bad sets, bad lighting, bad music, bad everything...

Kenny
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 15 2009, 04:09 AM
I'm sorry, but Kate and Stefano will NEVER hold a candle to the chemistry Marlena and Stefano had!!!
Did you ever see Marlena's seduction of Stefano at Maison Blanche in 1994?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdgit-mHA6o

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 04:11 AM
What ever happened to that Kill Bill-esque kick ass Marlena story that we were promised?!
Corday. As usual. :hmmph:

Kenny
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 15 2009, 04:10 AM
I thought Jack was first to die? With a brick or something? lol.
Nope. Abe was the first murder. I recall him being shot and Jack hearing it from up the road as he was walking out of his house or something, LoL. After that was Jack getting bricked. Then Maggie... I think. Then Caroline and Cassie. Then Roman. Then Tony. Then Doug and Alice.

cassie1013

Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 04:13 AM
cassie1013
Dec 15 2009, 04:09 AM
I'm sorry, but Kate and Stefano will NEVER hold a candle to the chemistry Marlena and Stefano had!!!
Did you ever see Marlena's seduction of Stefano at Maison Blanche in 1994?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdgit-mHA6o
I saw it a few years ago, lol, thanks for the repost actually! That was the scene that started it all for me, re: Stefano/Marlena. I had always grown up 'hating' Stefano (you know, love to hate kinda thing), and then I saw that and didn't know what to think. But they are on FIRE in this scene! I wish they would have just had sex... LOL, EJ and Sami will never be Marlena and Stefano!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I remember Drake saying he wanted him and Koslow to work together and become the next big couple(or something to that effect) remember all that Jate uproar?

I think this interview is pretty telling.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Abe wasn't the first attack though. Bo and Hope were at the fashion show. Like the others you mentioned after Abe, he got to close to finding out that Marlena attacked Bo and Hope. So the real question is why did Marlena go after Bo and Hope?

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 15 2009, 04:22 AM
Abe wasn't the first attack though. Bo and Hope were at the fashion show. Like the others you mentioned after Abe, he got to close to finding out that Marlena attacked Bo and Hope. So the real question is why did Marlena go after Bo and Hope?
Oh, that's right! I had forgotten all about that.

I enjoyed the story for what it was at the time, but looking back there were alot of holes, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kirk
Dec 15 2009, 04:21 AM
I remember Drake saying he wanted him and Koslow to work together and become the next big couple(or something to that effect) remember all that Jate uproar?
Didn't he make a joke during that chat about how everyone should wish for Marlena to stay dead so JATE could live on? I remember it pissing alot of fans off, LoL. Many of the J&M fans were calling for Drake's head at the time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply