Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC Interview with Deidre Hall Entertainer of the Decade; TVGC Exclusive
Topic Started: Dec 15 2009, 01:58 AM (6,559 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 12:25 PM
Sindacco
Dec 15 2009, 12:16 PM
Sami: She was angry at Abe and Lexie because they wouldn't let her talk to Brandon on the phone.
Oh boy. What a motive for murder, LoL.
With classic Sami...it fits!

Like someone upthread, it's interesting to me she doesn't list Sweeney as someone she keeps in contact with. Or any of the cast. Not that I believe they have to all be friends forever; it's just something that caught my attention.

Thanks for the interview! I hated Marlena but enjoyed seeing her tortured (it's partly how I got hooked on this crack), and I think it's a real weakness that she's not on the show anymore, mostly because I think they missed a whole potentially-awesome dimension during Sami's baby bullshit because Marlena wasn't there. Gosh, they could've shown scenes with her and Sami, where Sami learned and expressed herself and actually matured on-screen instead of this whole transition to bland-ass "heroine" through victimhood.

Whatever, glad she's enjoying her time off.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 01:00 PM
cassie1013
Dec 15 2009, 12:59 PM
^ The Jate vs. Jarlena thing was INSANE. Like, wow. I don't think I've ever seen fanbases get so out of hand, lol.
Jope vs. Jarlena was worse. With that mix, you had two pissed off supercouple fanbases.
OMG!

That was the worst. Talk about a firestorm. Both situations were pretty bad though. Don't even get me started the Steve/Kayla and J&M bed sheet scandal. That was a mess LOL.

cassie1013

Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 01:00 PM
cassie1013
Dec 15 2009, 12:59 PM
^ The Jate vs. Jarlena thing was INSANE. Like, wow. I don't think I've ever seen fanbases get so out of hand, lol.
Jope vs. Jarlena was worse. With that mix, you had two pissed off supercouple fanbases.
That was bad, but it was before online really took off...If it happened today, would be 10x as worse.

I liked the Jope vs. Jarlena, LOL! Kristian Alfonso as Gina was friggin' genius!

^ Phoenix - LMAO! Forgot about the sheets fiasco. LOL - I realize the irony in saying this - but soap opera fans... gotta love it. What happened there exactly? J&M fans sent new sheets and they used them for the Payla scene? Or were they old J&M sheets that were used?

Kenny
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 15 2009, 01:07 PM
^ Phoenix - LMAO! Forgot about the sheets fiasco. LOL - I realize the irony in saying this - but soap opera fans... gotta love it. What happened there exactly? J&M fans sent new sheets and they used them for the Payla scene? Or were they old J&M sheets that were used?
J&M fans bought a comforter (or bed linens or something?) for John and Marlena to have sex on but the show had Steve and Kayla romping around on it instead, LoL.

cassie1013

^ That's right...talk about the ultimate slap in the face! This is why I'm not a 'supercouple' fan. *shakes head*

Kenny
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 15 2009, 01:19 PM
^ That's right...talk about the ultimate slap in the face! This is why I'm not a 'supercouple' fan. *shakes head*
And on top of it all, wasn't that around the same time that Days got rid of the Penthouse set and J&M were homeless? That was such a harbinger of doom. I knew it meant bad things, LoL.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cassie1013
LOL. It's safer being a devil's advocate. I jumped off the fanbase wagon after the Shelle/Shimi days, and those were tame compared to this other stuff. :D

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 01:17 PM
J&M fans bought a comforter (or bed linens or something?) for John and Marlena to have sex on but the show had Steve and Kayla romping around on it instead, LoL.
eww

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 01:23 PM
cassie1013
And on top of it all, wasn't that around the same time that Days got rid of the Penthouse set and J&M were homeless? That was such a harbinger of doom. I knew it meant bad things, LoL.
See, while I, personally, didn't see reason to get very upset about the Penthouse (a little upset, sure) I can at least understand why one would get upset about that.

The sheets thing was probably nothing more then an innocent mistake. The fact that fans went to the extreme of buying bed sheets for a fictional couple in the first place is a problem in and of itself IMO.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
cassie1013
LOL. It's safer being a devil's advocate. I jumped off the fanbase wagon after the Shelle/Shimi days, and those were tame compared to this other stuff. :D
Yep. It also makes it easier to watch the show.

I like some couples. In fact, I love some couples but I'm never locked in to wanting them and only them. I'm all for what makes a good show, first and foremost.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2009, 01:38 PM
The sheets thing was probably nothing more then an innocent mistake. The fact that fans went to the extreme of buying bed sheets for a fictional couple in the first place is a problem in and of itself IMO.
Eh... fanbases send things into the show all the time to express their support of various couples.

six
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Kenny
cassie1013
See, while I, personally, didn't see reason to get very upset about the Penthouse (a little upset, sure) I can at least understand why one would get upset about that.

IDK about all soaps but Days seems to encourage that kind of fan interaction. I'm assuming the sheets were part of a campaign right? I've never done any of those campaigns, but don't see why it's a problem for those who enjoy them.

Very nice interview from DH. She handled the questions very graciously.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 01:45 PM
PhoenixRising05
Eh... fanbases send things into the show all the time to express their support of various couples.
Yeah but bedsheets? Usually they send candy or some other item to TPTB to reunite their couple or give them more screentime. What fanbase has ever sent bed sheets or something else that intimate? To me, that is way too obsessive for fictional characters. There is supporting a couple and then there is just being nuts LOL. Days may encourage fanbase reaction but I don't think they would ever expect something like that.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Anyone remember when the psycho Manny fans from GL sent those headless Barbie dolls to Laura Wright?

six
Member Avatar

I could see fans simply being excited that something they sent in might get used on the show. For me, the weirdest thing is that Days really did use the sheets.

Was there a story behind the headless dolls, or was it just random insanity?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

six
Dec 15 2009, 01:56 PM
I could see fans simply being excited that something they sent in might get used on the show. For me, the weirdest thing is that Days really did use the sheets.

At the time, the writers had split up Danny & Michelle and were seemingly leaning towards a potential Cassie/Danny pairing to capitalize on the Laura Wright-Paul Anthony Stewart history from Loving. Story goes that the Manny fans didn't like that idea too much and sent the dolls to Wright as a "warning" to keep her hands of off PAS. Very psycho. I think there was a big blow up about it in the boards at the time and, possibly, at a couple of fan events. Some of the fanbases can be rather scary because they aren't playing with a full deck.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

You don't even want to know what the Sonny and Carly fans did when Michael was born on GH. :drunk:

six
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 15 2009, 01:59 PM
six
Dec 15 2009, 01:56 PM

At the time, the writers had split up Danny & Michelle and were seemingly leaning towards a potential Cassie/Danny pairing to capitalize on the Laura Wright-Paul Anthony Stewart history from Loving. Story goes that the Manny fans didn't like that idea too much and sent the dolls to Wright as a "warning" to keep her hands of off PAS. Very psycho. I think there was a big blow up about it in the boards at the time and, possibly, at a couple of fan events. Some of the fanbases can be rather scary because they aren't playing with a full deck.
Wow. It's a wonder shows still do meet and greets with crazy people like that out there. Yes, I know most fans are sane, but it only takes one...

OBK, yes we do! ;) This is an interesting hijack.
Edited by six, Dec 15 2009, 02:10 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Sorry about going off topic but since we're discussing nutty fans...

The Sonny & Carly fans first bombarded the studio with baby gifts, then I heard some of them actually reinacted not only the scenes where Carly gives birth, but they also reinacted Sonny/Carly love scenes.

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OneBadKitty
Dec 15 2009, 02:15 PM
Sorry about going off topic but since we're discussing nutty fans...

The Sonny & Carly fans first bombarded the studio with baby gifts, then I heard some of them actually reinacted not only the scenes where Carly gives birth, but they also reinacted Sonny/Carly love scenes.

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
And we wonder why people like the morning hosts on MSNBC make fun of soaps and their fans.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply