Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC Interview with Deidre Hall Entertainer of the Decade; TVGC Exclusive
Topic Started: Dec 15 2009, 01:58 AM (6,389 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Matt
Dec 15 2009, 02:18 PM
OneBadKitty
Dec 15 2009, 02:15 PM
Sorry about going off topic but since we're discussing nutty fans...

The Sonny & Carly fans first bombarded the studio with baby gifts, then I heard some of them actually reinacted not only the scenes where Carly gives birth, but they also reinacted Sonny/Carly love scenes.

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
And we wonder why people like the morning hosts on MSNBC make fun of soaps and their fans.
Yep.

I'm all for fan campaigns and supporting a couple but taking things to such extremes makes me quite concerned for these people.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I've been waiting for this interview for, like, a week, and I still managed to miss it by seven pages....
Edited by lysie, Dec 15 2009, 03:31 PM.

six
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty

The Sonny & Carly fans first bombarded the studio with baby gifts, then I heard some of them actually reinacted not only the scenes where Carly gives birth, but they also reinacted Sonny/Carly love scenes.

:scared:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OneBadKitty

Wait... how does that even make sense? Isn't Michael technically AJ's kid, not Sonny's?

sungrey

Matt
Dec 15 2009, 01:59 PM
six
Dec 15 2009, 01:56 PM
I could see fans simply being excited that something they sent in might get used on the show. For me, the weirdest thing is that Days really did use the sheets.

Was there a story behind the headless dolls, or was it just random insanity?
At the time, the writers had split up Danny & Michelle and were seemingly leaning towards a potential Cassie/Danny pairing to capitalize on the Laura Wright-Paul Anthony Stewart history from Loving. Story goes that the Manny fans didn't like that idea too much and sent the dolls to Wright as a "warning" to keep her hands of off PAS. Very psycho. I think there was a big blow up about it in the boards at the time and, possibly, at a couple of fan events. Some of the fanbases can be rather scary because they aren't playing with a full deck.
And that really pissed me off. I wanted them to do a Cassie/Danny story for that very reason but the Manny fans got so upset... eventually when Paul Anthony Stewart and Nancy St. Alban were written off GL I was like "er, be careful what you wish for..."

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Wow...what a wonderful and insightful interview.

Thanks, Nelson!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2009, 01:48 PM
Kenny
Dec 15 2009, 01:45 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2009, 01:38 PM
The sheets thing was probably nothing more then an innocent mistake. The fact that fans went to the extreme of buying bed sheets for a fictional couple in the first place is a problem in and of itself IMO.
Eh... fanbases send things into the show all the time to express their support of various couples.
Yeah but bedsheets? Usually they send candy or some other item to TPTB to reunite their couple or give them more screentime. What fanbase has ever sent bed sheets or something else that intimate? To me, that is way too obsessive for fictional characters. There is supporting a couple and then there is just being nuts LOL. Days may encourage fanbase reaction but I don't think they would ever expect something like that.
If you think sheets are intimate what would you think of underwear? I know of at least one fanbase that sent in underwear.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Oh wait, it might have been Morgan's birth - oh hell, it was one of Carly's kids on GH.

cassie1013

Rhi
Dec 15 2009, 07:32 PM
PhoenixRising05
Kenny
PhoenixRising05
The sheets thing was probably nothing more then an innocent mistake. The fact that fans went to the extreme of buying bed sheets for a fictional couple in the first place is a problem in and of itself IMO.
Eh... fanbases send things into the show all the time to express their support of various couples.
Yeah but bedsheets? Usually they send candy or some other item to TPTB to reunite their couple or give them more screentime. What fanbase has ever sent bed sheets or something else that intimate? To me, that is way too obsessive for fictional characters. There is supporting a couple and then there is just being nuts LOL. Days may encourage fanbase reaction but I don't think they would ever expect something like that.
If you think sheets are intimate what would you think of underwear? I know of at least one fanbase that sent in underwear.
LOL, seriously? Well...now that I think about it, I can see some crazed fans sending lingerie.

You know what really gets me? When fans full on send BAKED GOODS to the actors...and the actors eat them, LoL! Like, how do you know it's not some crazed anti-[insert-character-name-here] trying to poison you?!

cassie1013

PhoenixRising05
Kenny
PhoenixRising05
I agree, but either way, you can't deny the fact that it is amusing!
Edited by cassie1013, Dec 15 2009, 07:58 PM.

lastDays
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Dec 15 2009, 02:30 AM
i dont care about marlena im so happy she left with john
Same here :hail:

cassie1013

six
I could see fans simply being excited that something they sent in might get used on the show. For me, the weirdest thing is that Days really did use the sheets.
I think they use a lot of shit they get - times are tough man, gotta cut corners where ya can! And if that means saving $100 bucks on sheets....

misch
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 15 2009, 10:37 AM
Great interview Nelson. I really miss Marlena on screen. My poor mother is certain Marlena is the secret kidnapper.
That would have been the best twist :rockon:
It was great to hear from her after a year and I really miss watching her on Days. I still think there would have been a ton of potential with the way some of the storylines are developing. And I've would've loved Marlena going at Stefano over Sami anyday.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 15 2009, 03:49 AM
Well Nelson did report last year that they didn't really get along off-screen....there was a big brouhaha about it amongst J&M fans, LoL.
THAT is like the biggest understatement of the DECADE LMFAO :P

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rhi
Dec 15 2009, 07:32 PM
PhoenixRising05
Kenny
PhoenixRising05
I would feel the same LOL.

But I do agree it is amusing but it's also disturbing. I remember those sheets costing alot of money too. To me, it's just too extreme.

Anyone remember the beautiful ad that the J&M fanbase paid for in SOD the week of their last episode? THAT is what I have no problem with. Things like and minor items. When it gets to such extremes is when it becomes disturbing IMO.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Dear god... I just read all the pages in this thread, and it brought up some of the most INSANE memories, being a huge J&M fan lmao! I am so happy to say I was and am a fan of J&M, but that I NEVER took part in ANY of those "campaigns" :P

lysie
Member Avatar

♥ Tammy ♥
Dec 15 2009, 11:43 PM
Dear god... I just read all the pages in this thread, and it brought up some of the most INSANE memories, being a huge J&M fan lmao! I am so happy to say I was and am a fan of J&M, but that I NEVER took part in ANY of those "campaigns" :P

LOL. I know, me either. And I for one couldn't care less if Drake and Deidre are even aware that the other exists outside of their scenes.

VetsRock
Member Avatar

misch
Dec 15 2009, 10:09 PM
darraholic
Dec 15 2009, 10:37 AM
Great interview Nelson. I really miss Marlena on screen. My poor mother is certain Marlena is the secret kidnapper.
That would have been the best twist :rockon:
It was great to hear from her after a year and I really miss watching her on Days. I still think there would have been a ton of potential with the way some of the storylines are developing. And I've would've loved Marlena going at Stefano over Sami anyday.
ICAM
I am with Dee,I don't watch either, I have tried,but to many new people(I don't mind few),but the storys aren't there and most of all I am not into Sami/Teens saga hour

six
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 15 2009, 08:01 PM
six
I think they use a lot of shit they get - times are tough man, gotta cut corners where ya can! And if that means saving $100 bucks on sheets....
That almost makes me want to do what some here would consider crazy and take up a collection for some new sets. I'm sick of the pier. :laugh:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

six
Dec 16 2009, 11:12 AM
cassie1013
Dec 15 2009, 08:01 PM
six
That almost makes me want to do what some here would consider crazy and take up a collection for some new sets. I'm sick of the pier. :laugh:
LMAO - or at least some new decor for the existing sets. Why exactly is it that the DiMera mansion is sort of purple on the inside? Or that Java cafe looks like a little kid's play kitchen set? Or that the pier looks the same whether it's in Salem...or Cleveland? :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply