Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Dial:Peter Reckell Inteview
Topic Started: Dec 15 2009, 11:57 PM (1,132 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Interview Days: With Carly Back, Bo Has His Hands Full

Daytime Dial: How has been having Crystal Chappell back as Carly Manning?
Peter Reckell: There are two levels: First of all, Bo and Hope have been together for so long and the writers have found it difficult to make our stories interesting. And bringing Carly back makes it a lot more exciting and interesting on a lot of new levels that when Crystal was here before we didnít have, because Hope wasnít here. And so thereís a lot, you know, thereís a lot of history with both these women and so itís pretty intense. And then on the other level of working with two amazing actresses, it makes my life fun.

DD: What kind of response are you getting from your fans about this new story line?
Peter Reckell: I actually was really surprised of the response because the news came out when I went to New York on a publicity tour for the Emmys, and so I got to speak to a lot of fans and people like yourself. And almost everybody I spoke to was really, really excited about Crystal coming back to the show. Mostly because it would bring some interest to the Bo and Hope storyline.

DD: Who would be the one person that Bo would turn to for advice?
Peter Reckell: Right now itís kind of cool because thereís really nobody. Iím helping Carly so itís ó actually today weíre doing scenes about that where Carly comes into town and sheís kind of a mess, and so I feel good because I can help her. But at the same time Iím frustrated, because I usually go to Hope and we canít talk anymore. So right now Iím kind of up in the air, kind of in limbo.

DD: Would Bo let himself truly fall back in love with Carly or will that be really hard for him to do because of Hope? Is he going to be all conflicted and not know what to do eventually?
Peter Reckell: Oh yeah, itís a perfect soap opera story. Thereís all that conflict and turmoil and which direction do I go? When Carly was around before Hope wasnít around, so I let myself totally fall in love with her. Heís between a rock and a hard place. Bo and Hope are having problems and the feelings for Carly just start to come up.

DD: How would you characterize the differences between Boís relationship with Carly and Boís relationship with Hope?
Peter Reckell: With Bo and Hope, that whole relationship started when we were both pretty young. And itís kind of a first love ó with the depth and weight that that carries. And then the Carly relationship was more of adult relationship. I guess thatís it ó thereís the first love, and then thereís the love that comes after that.

DD: How has Bo developed and changed throughout the years?
Peter Reckell: When I came back to the show a couple years ago and Bo was a cop, I was like what the ó thatís the furthest thing from my mind. I never thought Bo would be a cop, because his relationship with Roman was Roman was the cop and the white knight, and Bo rebelled against that. And now here I am a cop, and Iím one of the top cops. And itís like what the heck? How did I get here? But itís been a natural progression: maturing, having a family and being responsible. But I think that renegade is still in there. And Iím hoping that with this story line with Carly that might come out a little bit more again.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/2009/12/interview-days-with-carly-back-bo-has.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good interview. Seems like it was conducted awhile ago but whatever.

PR is so bad with timelines though. I remember in one of the interviews prior to CC returning, he mentioned his favorite story with her was the buried alive story and he wasn't even playing Bo then and now here he is talking like he returned as Bo a mere few years ago when it's been over a decade LOL.

I liked his responses regarding his relationships with Carly and Hope and I do hope they tap a bit more into his renegade side a bit.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Interesting interview although it sounds like it's not exactly recent. Anyway I like how he described Bo's relationships with Carly and Hope. It's becoming one of my favorite story lines. I love Carly! :D I've only been watching DAYS for a decade so I didn't see when Bo and Carly were engaged but it's a very different relationship than Bope.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Yeah, it must be old since he talks about Carly's arrival to town being filmed. It was just posted today though.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Dec 16 2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah, it must be old since he talks about Carly's arrival to town being filmed.
Unless maybe Carly leaves town again for some reason...?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 12:30 AM
Angie79
Dec 16 2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah, it must be old since he talks about Carly's arrival to town being filmed.
Unless maybe Carly leaves town again for some reason...?
Probably not. Alot of the questions seemed like stuff that he would answer around the time of her return like how he feels about her returning, the reason it's a good idea, etc.

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

This is an old interview. It's exactly the same stuff that came out of the telecon that Peter and Crystal did before the Day of Days event. I double-checked the transcript. So not sure why that site only posted it today. :shrug:

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie.

I think the Carly storyline is breathing new life into Bo. I love Bo and Hope but truthfully the couple has had underlying issues (and not much of a storyline) since Zack's death. Although I found Hope and Pattycakes sexy, their relationship was a total lie and the viewer could never invest in it for one second. The same thing applied to the Bille/Bo fling. That angst was a mishhash of confusion, misunderstandings and lies.

The storyline with Carly is totally different. I don't think Carly came to Bo with a hidden agenda. Her feelings for Bo are just now becoming apparent to her. Hope has been a witch on wheels since the Ciara kidnapping and that has eased the way for Carly to rekindle Bo's affection for her. It seems to be a good setup for Bo to really be torn about what and who he wants in his life. Now had this child of Carly's been Bo's, viewers would be more inclined to think that Bo might turn to Carly totally, at least in the short-term. But there might be enough impetus for Hope to realize, somewhere down the line, that she is ready to put the past to rest and fix her marriage.

I'm enjoying the story so far. I don't even mind Carly's scenes with Dr. Dirty. They seem more of a match to me than Chloe and he do.

KathyRon

Whoa! Peter did this a while ago. This is is an old interview! :shame: Especially, since we are about to go into the next and last Phase of this storyline which is the Bo & Hope love story 2.0 and Carly's next big story! :dance: I think it is going to be a great opportunity for all these vets to be in the forefront of some great upcoming stories for all those involved! :cheer:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

KathyRon
Dec 16 2009, 11:13 AM
Whoa! Peter did this a while ago. This is is an old interview! :shame: Especially, since we are about to go into the next and last Phase of this storyline which is the Bo & Hope love story 2.0 and Carly's next big story! :dance: I think it is going to be a great opportunity for all these vets to be in the forefront of some great upcoming stories for all those involved! :cheer:
Just curious but where are you getting all this info about "next phase" and "Bo and Hope love story 2.0" and "Carly's new story" from. I would really like to know because I've heard nothing of the sort. We know things should be exploding in the weeks to come with the Vivian/Carly/Bo/Hope/Justin/etc stuff but there has been nothing specific about phases or anything other then Corday in August talking about how Ciara's kidnapping and the aftermath was phase one.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply