Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sunset Beach Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:38 PM (8,603 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Sunset Beach
1997 - 1999

Discuss Sunset Beach here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I never watched when it was on NBC, but I've seen clips on Youtube and it was decent. I liked that storyline where the boat turned upside down, but did any characters actually die?

Also they had promos on Youtube, about this couple. I forget the name, but the woman lied about having a baby I think so she adopted one. Little did she know the baby was the product of an affair her mother and husband had. I would have LOVED to see that storyline play out.

Mason

ga68153
Jan 4 2010, 04:42 PM
I never watched when it was on NBC, but I've seen clips on Youtube and it was decent. I liked that storyline where the boat turned upside down, but did any characters actually die?
I never actually watched BEACH either except for during Shockwave (the boat storyline). I think a few people died, but I'm pretty sure they were all small characters and day players.

Quote:

Also they had promos on Youtube, about this couple. I forget the name, but the woman lied about having a baby I think so she adopted one. Little did she know the baby was the product of an affair her mother and husband had. I would have LOVED to see that storyline play out.

TaintedBeach is a user on YT with LOTS of BEACH clips. I know she/he has a lot of stuff from that storyline.

Eric83
Member Avatar

^ Thanks I will check it out later.

Have you ever seen the infamous turkey baster scenes? Lol, I did see them in low quality. Does TaintedBeach have those in better quality?
Edited by Eric83, Jan 4 2010, 04:50 PM.

Mason

ga68153
Jan 4 2010, 04:50 PM
Have you ever seen the infamous turkey baster scenes? Lol, I did see them in low quality. Does TaintedBeach have those in better quality?
I'm sure I've seen them at some point, LoL. I don't know if TaintedBeach has them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Did NBC own this show outright? I remember reading an article concering AW cancellation, and it said SuBe had its contract renewed for 6 more months. Of course it wasn't renewed after that, but I thought shows owned by the network didn't have contracts.
Edited by Eric83, Jan 4 2010, 05:01 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Terrible, terrible show with only a select few good things about it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 4 2010, 05:05 PM
What did you like about it?

And did the whole thing really end up being a dream? I hate that plot device.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ga68153
Jan 4 2010, 05:06 PM
Amello

I watched the last episode. Everything actually happened. Meg just dreamed everything was a dream.

Well, mostly certain actors and some good cat-fights LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 4 2010, 05:09 PM
ga68153
Jan 4 2010, 05:06 PM
Amello

I watched the last episode. Everything actually happened. Meg just dreamed everything was a dream.

Well, mostly certain actors and some good cat-fights LOL
Wow she dreamed everything was a dream LOL. Was JER ever writing for this show or was he just a consultant?

Eric83
Member Avatar

Was that Asian character any good? I saw her scene where she was leaving the show, and nothing else. Was she in frontburner stories?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great show! SUN will go down in my book as one of my favorite soap operas of all time.

It was just a fun soap, and not in the PSNS sense either. Even though the last year got kind of sketchy, 1997-1998 was solid, campy storytelling. It was great. I'll never forget the day the earthquake began, and then a week later when the boat capsized.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ga68153
Jan 4 2010, 05:10 PM
Was JER ever writing for this show or was he just a consultant?
I'm pretty sure he was only a consultant.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ga68153
Jan 4 2010, 07:14 PM
Was that Asian character any good? I saw her scene where she was leaving the show, and nothing else. Was she in frontburner stories?
You're talking about Kelly Hu's character, Rae Chang. She was only on briefly, but she was involved in a popular coupling with Casey. I'm not sure why the character was written out so soon.

Kenny
Member Avatar

ga68153
Jan 4 2010, 04:42 PM
Ahh. Olivia/Cole/Caitlin. I thought that story would never end.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Olivia/Cole/Caitlin was such a scandalous, dirty, but very very hot storyline!

Eric83
Member Avatar

I love this show's theme song it is so catchy.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Did anyone think Aaron Spelling's son was a good actor? I thought he was HORRIBLE! Lol

Mason

ga68153
Jan 5 2010, 06:56 PM
Did anyone think Aaron Spelling's son was a good actor?
From what little I saw of him on Beverly Hills, 90210 and from BEACH clips....HELL no! Even though they both got their starts because of their dad, at least Tori Spelling has some talent, 'cause her brother sure didn't!

Eric83
Member Avatar

^ Has he had any acting gigs since then?

I saw some clips of Eddie Cibrian (Cole) and damn was he sexy.

I tried to find a promo of him on the beach rolling around with some woman, but I can't find it anymore. It was HOT!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply