Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sunset Beach Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:38 PM (4,139 Views)
Mason

ga68153
Jan 5 2010, 07:09 PM
I saw some clips of Eddie Cibrian (Cole) and damn was he sexy.
And still is (even if he is an adulterous tool IRL)...my God...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I can't believe it was with Leann Rimes of all people LOL.

This show really was good I'm watching the Olivia/Cole/Caitlin storyline now it is so good. Were they really running this show at like 2am in some markets? It seems like the show never had a fair chance.

Mason

ga68153
Jan 5 2010, 07:14 PM
Were they really running this show at like 2am in some markets? It seems like the show never had a fair chance.
It didn't, as I recall. NBC wrote it off too easily, IMO. Instead of putting it on before DAYS in most markets, they should have put it on at 3 PM ET, after AW, when there would be a potentially larger younger audience (which I'm sure was the demographic target for BEACH).

Eric83
Member Avatar

This theme rocked too!

Mason

I would kill to have Shawn Batten (Sara) on a soap again. She kicked so much ass as Natalia Carlisle on MTV's Spyder Games!

Eric83
Member Avatar

So who was Gabi? Who raped her? I saw a YT promo about her rape trial.

Mason

ga68153
Jan 5 2010, 07:28 PM
So who was Gabi? Who raped her? I saw a YT promo about her rape trial.
I don't know too much about Gabi except that she stole her sister's man and then cheated on him with his brother, a priest, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Eric83
Member Avatar

What's the name of the guy that played Casey? He couldn't act but damn he was/is fine.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 4 2010, 10:15 PM
Great show! SUN will go down in my book as one of my favorite soap operas of all time.

It was just a fun soap, and not in the PSNS sense either. Even though the last year got kind of sketchy, 1997-1998 was solid, campy storytelling. It was great. I'll never forget the day the earthquake began, and then a week later when the boat capsized.
Same here, it's my favorite after Days. I agree about the last year, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the first two.

I love the intro in the thread's first post, it was much better than the intro they had the first year.

I still don't understand how Sunset Beach only lasted for three years when Passions was on for many more.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 4 2010, 05:05 PM
Terrible, terrible show with only a select few good things about it.
Why do you think it was terrible? It had everything a good soap should have IMO.

Eric83
Member Avatar

I am really into this Olivia/Cole/Caitlin storyline. It is so good!! I wish I had branched out to other soaps sooner, I was addiced to CBS daytime during this show's run. It defenitely shouldn't have been cancelled as early as it was.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I loved the Caitlen/Cole/Olivia storyline. It got even better when Annie got involved. I loved that one cliffhanger when Caitlen & Olivia drove off the cliff leading Caitlen to miscarry.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I'm rewatching some early episodes on dailymotion and the writing is so bad. They should of kept Olivia as a drunk.

King
Member Avatar

I cant put into words how much this show defined my teenage years. LOL.

This will go down as one of my fav soaps. By a mile. Probably my #2 behind DAYS. Maybe #3 behind PSNS if I eliminate the last four years from my memory.

soapfan1

I loved this show when I was a teen.I always thought it should have lasted longer than it did.It may not have been the best written soap but it was entertaining and fun to watch.It's one of my all time favorites.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Does anyone else think this could have been a perfect fit for FOX? I'm sure they would have been interested in a soap lineup in the late 90's, and this show was right up their alley. At this point, FOX was getting lower numbers than NBC, so I am sure they wouldn't have minded the low ratings, and would have actually gave them a chance to build an audience. It most likely wouldn't be on the air now, but it could have lasted longer.

soapfan1

EricV
Feb 10 2010, 06:29 AM
Does anyone else think this could have been a perfect fit for FOX? I'm sure they would have been interested in a soap lineup in the late 90's, and this show was right up their alley. At this point, FOX was getting lower numbers than NBC, so I am sure they wouldn't have minded the low ratings, and would have actually gave them a chance to build an audience. It most likely wouldn't be on the air now, but it could have lasted longer.
Possibly.It wouldn't be too hard for anyone to be more committed to a soap than NBC lol.I think if the show had of been on another network,it would have lasted maybe a few years longer than it did.Unfortunately,it was put on a network who no longer cared about the soap genre.NBC cancelled SuBe and AW during the same year.I always thought Sube was cancelled too soon and should have been given at least another year to try to grow an audience.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It was the perfect fit for FOX. Never should have been on NBC.

Manny
Member Avatar

Awwww... I loved this show so much! I followed it through several network changes here in Croatia, just to see it end. I didn't have DSL connection back then and I didn't use internet much, so all I had was TV. It started on Croatian TV, but ended after season 1. Then 2nd season I watched on Bosnian TV and 3rd season I watched on another Bosnian TV network. LOL

It was SO POPULAR here... I remember when it was canncelled after only 1 year, for YEARS later people kept asking if they would continue airing it.

But I agree, years 1 and 2 have been AMAZING soap! Year 3 was pretty boring IMO. The stories slowed down and got too stretched out.

After it finished, I even wrote a Sunset Beach fan fiction.. it had like 100 episodes and I even had a pretty good number of people reading it every day.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply