Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sunset Beach Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:38 PM (3,609 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

Eric83
Jan 5 2010, 07:28 PM
So who was Gabi? Who raped her? I saw a YT promo about her rape trial.
Gabi came to town as Paula's sister. Paula was a cop, dating another cop, Ricardo Torres. Gabi tried everything to break up Paula and Ricardo and eventually, she got Ricardo to sleep with her. Then she accused him of rape, but during her witness testimony, she broke down in tears, remembering that it was her FATHER who raped her when she was a child and not Ricardo. Soon after Paula left town, hurt by Ricardo's deceit and a little after that Gabi and Ricardo became a couple and she basically became a good girl... well, then she had sex with Ricardo's brother who was a priest! :lol: Then they lied and lied about it, until a video tape of them having sex showed up, Ricardo saw it and had a stroke...

Awwww... so good!

But I actually LOVED Antonio and Gabi. They were much hotter than Ricardo and Gabi. Although they dragged out Ricardo finding out for SO LONG! And I didn't like Ricardo going mad and trying to kill Gabi and Antonio... that was a bit too much, IMO.
Edited by Manny, Mar 23 2010, 08:53 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ivy

Eric83
Jan 5 2010, 07:33 PM
What's the name of the guy that played Casey? He couldn't act but damn he was/is fine.
Timothy Adams played Casey. In recent years, he has been on OLTL as Marcy's brother Ron Walsh. Yeah, he is fine!

maggiexxx

The first season of sunset beach is on Dailymotion. It's posted by sunsetfan.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I loved Sunset Beach!! I remember staying home from my summer job in '98 to watch the earthquake hit haha. Annie was definitely my favourite character on the show. The fights she would get in to, and those fantasies..

Checkers
Member Avatar

I loved Sunset Beach. During the summer I was hooked on it. I loved all the outdoor location shots.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

I loved this show! I discovered it airing at 3am after we moved & I had no cable, so had to watch local channels only. After 2 episodes, I was hooked. Annie & Meg were my favorite characters. Loved Annie & Jude's sex scene on the couch with "Smooth" by Rob Thomas & Santana playing. Hot! :wub:

King
Member Avatar

SUN is probably going to go down as my favorite soap of all time.

DAYS is getting into that PASSIONS mold for me where there have now been more/far worse bad years than there were good.

SUN only had three amazing years.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

12 Years ago today, Sunset Beach went off the air. How I miss thee.

I miss Olivia's drinking.
I miss Olivia & Gregory's messed up marriage.
I miss Annie's fantasies.
I miss Annie wreaking havoc on Meg & Olivia.
I miss Cole & Caitlen.
I miss the hotness that was Antonio and Gabi.
I miss the turkey baster lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Eric83
Gabi was raped by a family member as a child. I'm thinking her father, but I can't remember exactly.

She first came to town to try and steal Paula's boyfriend Ricardo. Gabi & Ricardo slept together which caused Ricardo & Paula to break up. Paula left town, so Ricardo & Gabi got together. Gabi was a bad girl at first, but she became one of the heriones of the show. Ricardo's brother Antonio came to town and he and Gabi had a torrid affair. Antonio & Gabi were freaking HOT. Gabi married Ricardo though. Then Ricardo had a stroke or something and used it to keep Gabi in a marriage with him. He tried to get revenge on Antonio & Gabi, but at the end of the series he and Gabi finally broke up. Gabi decided to leave Sunset Beach at the end of the series. Priscilla Garita was one of my favorite actresses on the show.

My Favorite Storyline was probably the Caitlen/Cole/Olivia mess.

A drunken Olivia sleeps with her daughter (Caitlen) boyfriend (Cole). Olivia & Caitlen both wind up pregnant. Olivia & Caitlen end up in a horrific car crash (The car ended up driving off a cliff.) Olivia survived the crash, but Caitlen was missing and presumed dead. Caitlen was rescued by some Church hospital and nursed back to health, but she had lost the baby. Caitlen then faked her pregnancy to hold on to Cole, with the help of Annie. Annie was plotting to marry Gregory, so she wanted to destroy any love between Gregory & Olivia. Annie helped Caitlen fake her pregnancy, so she then stole Olivia's baby and passed it on to Caitlen. It was such a soapy mess.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

I loved Cole & Caitlin.

ivanpula84

I loved this soap.

twink
Member Avatar

I loved Sunset Beach easily one of my favourites.
I especially loved Ben and Meg, shame Clive Robertson hasn't done too much since.

Tom

twink
Feb 19 2012, 04:20 PM
I loved Sunset Beach easily one of my favourites.
I especially loved Ben and Meg, shame Clive Robertson hasn't done too much since.
I was a big SuBe fan but oddly, didn't get into Ben and Meg's story until the YouTube Age. I was a Maria/Ben shipper all the way. That's probably because I didn't see the Ben/Meg beginning, with him driving out to the farm and all. Didn't watch until just before Shockwave. Then got nostalgic after seeing the YouTube clips several years later.

twink
Member Avatar

Did anyone watch the Terror Island episodes? I remember it had quite a bit of hype around it at the time.

CoronaDays
Member Avatar

When I was in elementary school, Sunset Beach used air at noon and I used to go home for lunch to watch the show, lol. I was really into the Caitlin/Cole/Oliva storyline and loved Meg and Ben together. Sad the show was cancelled. I think the writing and storylines were way better than Passions.

Manny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 31 2011, 02:10 PM
Eric83
Gabi was raped by a family member as a child. I'm thinking her father, but I can't remember exactly.

She first came to town to try and steal Paula's boyfriend Ricardo. Gabi & Ricardo slept together which caused Ricardo & Paula to break up. Paula left town, so Ricardo & Gabi got together. Gabi was a bad girl at first, but she became one of the heriones of the show. Ricardo's brother Antonio came to town and he and Gabi had a torrid affair. Antonio & Gabi were freaking HOT. Gabi married Ricardo though. Then Ricardo had a stroke or something and used it to keep Gabi in a marriage with him. He tried to get revenge on Antonio & Gabi, but at the end of the series he and Gabi finally broke up. Gabi decided to leave Sunset Beach at the end of the series. Priscilla Garita was one of my favorite actresses on the show.

My Favorite Storyline was probably the Caitlen/Cole/Olivia mess.

A drunken Olivia sleeps with her daughter (Caitlen) boyfriend (Cole). Olivia & Caitlen both wind up pregnant. Olivia & Caitlen end up in a horrific car crash (The car ended up driving off a cliff.) Olivia survived the crash, but Caitlen was missing and presumed dead. Caitlen was rescued by some Church hospital and nursed back to health, but she had lost the baby. Caitlen then faked her pregnancy to hold on to Cole, with the help of Annie. Annie was plotting to marry Gregory, so she wanted to destroy any love between Gregory & Olivia. Annie helped Caitlen fake her pregnancy, so she then stole Olivia's baby and passed it on to Caitlen. It was such a soapy mess.

It was Gabi's father (maybe it was step-father, though), but before that was revealed, Gabi accused Ricardo of raping her, for which Ricardo underwent a trial, but during the trial, Gabi broke down and remembered that she was sexually molested as a child. Good stuff. Paula left town after the trial.

And I loved that they took their time with the baby switch storyline. It just wouldn't work so well if they played it out in one year (something I liked during Days' Baby Switch too).

And Mikey, SuBe will stay my favorite soap too! Days will always be close by, but I somehow still liked SuBe more. I loved their big, umbrella storylines (Terror Island, Shockwave). And Shockwave is probably the best catastrophe ever made on soaps, IMO. Along with AMC's 1994 Tornado.

Awesome!

I miss SuBe now. *sigh*

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Shick
Oct 18 2011, 02:09 AM
I loved Sunset Beach!! I remember staying home from my summer job in '98 to watch the earthquake hit haha. Annie was definitely my favourite character on the show. The fights she would get in to, and those fantasies..
This. So much this! Annie, her Aunt & Olivia were the best IMO. I LOVED when they all went on the ship and it tipped over- like the Poseidon movie. So awesome!

paul89

i love it im watching the full show on yt :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply