Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Search for Tomorrow Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:39 PM (1,444 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Search for Tomorrow
1951 - 1986

Discuss Search for Tomorrow here.
Edited by Mason, Dec 16 2009, 05:21 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RutherfordBHayes

I have a question...it has been bugging me for years. As we know, a lot of actors go behind the scenes later on in their careers...Ellen Wheeler, Chris Goutman and Larkin Malloy, Michael Conforti and Millee Taggart, just to name a few. After his memorable portrayal of Keith Whitney/Jonah Lockwood on 'Edge of Night,' in 1970-71, Bruce Martin appeared, briefly, on Love of Life. But, then, I noticed in the production credits of SFT a 'Bruce Martin.' Granted, Bruce Martin is a very common name, but I was wondering, and always presumed it was one and the same. Could anyone enlighten me?

RutherfordBHayes

I was just reading my local newspaper and was saddened to read of the passing of Kathy Beller's mother, Barbara, last month, on January 18 at the age of 81. Kathy played Liza on SFT from 1971 - 1974.

RutherfordBHayes

I am getting a DVD of the very first episode of 'Search for Tomorrow' - Sept. 3, 1951. Can't wait to see it!

stluee
Member Avatar
Soap City

I hope they go the route with all soaps!I remember a song Liza sang on the show,it stayed with me.
You can love again?
Anyone remember this?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

RutherfordBHayes

Wonderful news to pass along...Jane Krakowski (SFT 1984-86), and now on '30 Rock,' is pregnant! Congratulations to the mommy-to-be!

hendersonite

Bruce Martin left the acting profession circa 1974 and got a job with CBS in production. He was a stage manager at SFT during their last years at CBS.

RutherfordBHayes

Congratulations to Jane Krakowski (now of '30 Rock') on the birth of her first child, a little boy!

RutherfordBHayes

I have an idea, so, I am throwing this out to the Administrators. I was wondering if you could reach out to Lynn Loring, an original cast member of SFT, and interview her to commemorate what would have been the show's 60h anniversary this coming September. Lynn was with the show from 1951-61. With the state of the soap world the way it is, it would do my heart good to re-visit the golden days with 'Patti.'

*6Lee

Question: I am watching some 60's SFT's. Did the Bergman's ever adopt Jimmy? Who was he? His mother (Monica) was played by Barbara Baxley. Who was she character wise? A troublemaker? Finally, what was the story with Marion? Did she claim to have an affair with Arthur Tate? Thanks for any data!

morlock sevigny

Jimmy was Stus nephew.Originally it was understood that he was Stu and Marges son but then that was re-written.Monica was Stu's sister who returned and now wanted to be a proper mother to Jimmy. Why the writers chose to do this and get rid of Jimmy I do not know.

*6Lee

Thanks so much. What about the Metcalfes? I have seen an episode with Allison & Fred and his interfering mother. Do you remember anything abouth their story? I was a late SFT watcher, first seeing Wendy run away from home, working as a waitress and calling herself "Dawn". Spence Langley (Timothy Patrick Murphy) chatted her up at the counter. You think of TPM's 1980 youth and promise, and then so effective on "Dallas" as Mickey. It seems so poignant to recall him like that- and sad.

RutherfordBHayes

Happy 60th Anniversary, SFT. We sorely miss you (Sept. 3, 1951 - Dec. 26, 1986)

hendersonite

It was ten years ago today that Mary Stuart passed away.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

*6Lee
Aug 18 2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks so much. What about the Metcalfes? I have seen an episode with Allison & Fred and his interfering mother. Do you remember anything abouth their story? I was a late SFT watcher, first seeing Wendy run away from home, working as a waitress and calling herself "Dawn". Spence Langley (Timothy Patrick Murphy) chatted her up at the counter. You think of TPM's 1980 youth and promise, and then so effective on "Dallas" as Mickey. It seems so poignant to recall him like that- and sad.
TPM had so much potential. He was so talented, handsome and had that innate star quality. I really believe he would have been a force in the industry. :frownie:

hendersonite

Just a reminder, Search premiered 61 years ago today!

Graves72

Allison came on as a teen and bratty niece to the wealty witch Aunt Cornelia, who was Arthur Tate's aunt. After a few years and with a new actress, she matured and wed Fred. He became an alkie, and I think he kicked it through AA. Allison became a leading character and friend to Jo Tate.

hendersonite

Search for Tomorrow premiered 62 years ago today.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Just read that Louan Gideon, who replaced Sherry Mathis as Liza Sentell during Search's final two years, has died. She had retired from acting and was working as a real estate agent in North Carolina. She was 58.

Now both Lizas are gone. :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply