Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passions Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:41 PM (11,233 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Passions
1999 - 2008

Discuss Passions here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

What was everyone's favorite storylines?

I will admit I loved Hell in the Closet, and pretty much anything Deanna Wright's version of Kay was involved in. There was a clip on Youtube where she slapped her mother Grace and called her a bitch. That was some great stuff! I also loved when she put Charity's "essence" on her so Miguel thought he was making love to Charity. Man, JER wrote some loony stuff but boy was it entertaining!

And of course Tabitha/Timmy :wub: :wub: :wub:

The Theresa/Ethan/Gwen shit went on for far too long, and by the show's end, I could care less that Theresa and Ethan ended up together.

I also hated after years of Shuis pimping they didn't even end up together. Antonio comes back from the dead, and nobody acknowledges how weird it was.

Mason

ga68153
Jan 1 2010, 01:58 PM
What was everyone's favorite storylines? I will admit I loved Hell in the Closet, and pretty much anything Deanna Wright's version of Kay was involved in.
Hell in a Closet was my favorite PASSIONS storyline. I've never understood why it was so hated. To me, it was PASSIONS at its best. I also loved everything involving Evil Charity, from the prom boat to the mine shaft. That was some good stuff!

Deanna Wright was my favorite Kay. Heidi Mueller sucked, and after she became Kay, I really didn't care one way or the other about the character.

Quote:

And of course Tabitha/Timmy :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh, man, I miss the days of Tabitha and Timmy. Forget Luis/Sheridan, Ethan/Theresa, etc., they were the real PASSIONS supercouple. The show was never the same after JRE died. :(

Quote:

The Theresa/Ethan/Gwen shit went on for far too long, and by the show's end, I could care less that Theresa and Ethan ended up together.

I always hated Theresa and was rooting for Gwen (not for her to be with Ethan, though, because I felt she deserved better) up until JER ruined her character to make Theresa look good (they both looked like shit in the end, though).

Quote:

I also hated after years of Shuis pimping they didn't even end up together.

I was a huge Shuis fan from 2000-2005, and if someone had told me then that they wouldn't end up together at the very end, I would have been pissed. But Sheridan was eventually ruined, and I stopped caring whether or not Shuis got back together. And I became a fan of Luis/Fancy, anyway, so I was happy when they ended the show together.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I still can't believe after 9 years of the show, and the longing Sheridan and Luis went through to be together, they didn't end up together in the end. I'm glad I stopped being a fan of the show back in 2005. I would've been pissed if I watched faithfully through the whole series only to be disappointed like that. Luis and Fancy? Please! They are pathetic, compared to Luis and Sheridan.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Another storyline I liked was when Whitney got pregnant with Chad's baby and then found out Chad was her brother (well at least for that time she thought that). Fox had a big crush on her, so she slept with him and claimed to be pregnant with his baby. How did the whole truth come out? Did Whitney confess?

Mason

ga68153
Jan 1 2010, 04:46 PM
Another storyline I liked was when Whitney got pregnant with Chad's baby and then found out Chad was her brother (well at least for that time she thought that).
That was disgusting. Almost as fucking gross as Vincent raping and getting pregnant by his own father. :puke:

Eric83
Member Avatar

^ Oh yeah I hated when Vincent and Chad had the "affair".

Do you remember the Tsunami? LOL. Harmony was back to normal so soon after the tsunami hit, I really don't see what the point of it was.

Mason

ga68153
Jan 1 2010, 05:32 PM
Do you remember the Tsunami? LOL. Harmony was back to normal so soon after the tsunami hit, I really don't see what the point of it was.
A stunt for ratings. It really didn't change much, story-wise. And the show turned to shit as soon as it was over.

Logan2010

One of my favorite scenes from the show was back in November 2006 when Ivy was finally exposed by Kay by telling Sam and the others that she hired David to pretend to be Grace's first husband. That also led to Sam breaking up with Ivy for awhile. Grace immediately found out about this in Italy and tried to come back home but gets killed in a train crash caused by Vincent two months later.

Mason

Ivy getting exposed came years too late, and had such little impact considering Grace and David weren't even on the show when it happened. By that point, I don't even know why they bothered exposing Ivy anyway. Sam and Ivy got back together anyway, and Sam forgave Kay like the next Harmony day, LoL.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Passions was the first soap I really got into. :wub: I was in HS when the show was at its best (2001-2005) and I remember watching it during lunch breaks with classmates and talking about it with friends. I stopped watching in 2005 when they broke up Fox & Whitney, then started again when Ethan & Theresa FINALLY had a chance to be together, but didn't get DirectTV so I relied on clips from sites but at that point my only hope was that Ethan & Theresa got married. I'm still mad Luis & Sheridan never got together (Lancy and Sheritonio make me sick :puke: ) in the end but I heard if the show had gone on Fancy would have miscarried her baby with Luis and Shuis would've had an affair. So that makes me HAPPY! :D

I hate that the writers never gave Foxney a real chance as there was a fan base that wanted them together. I NEVER liked Chadney. I did watch briefly during the Tsunami, for Shuis and ET. It was good but I hated how ET/Gwen was kept going for so long. Honestly it was ridiculous, however I did like seeing the roles reverse as Ethan began to pursue Theresa when she got with Jared. That was SO WONDERFUL to see. :applause:

Despite its problems Passions will always have a special place in my heart. I actually have a collection of Passions tapes from summer 2004 to summer 2005 and I still watch them from time to time. :eyeroll:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

My least fave was that damn tabloid storyline,7 years for Ethan to learn the truth was just pathetic.Other than Ethan I loved Theresa paired with Fox,Lindsay and her husband have such great chemistry together.

I don't really know what my fave storyline was,I enjoyed Charity sinking the prom boat,I liked Ethan being the one to chase Theresa when Gwenwitch was gone and even though as an ET fan it was sad the scene in Rome with Theresa giving up Ethan I think it was one of Lindsay's BEST moments.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Who did you guys think was the hottest hunk on the show??? I loved Luis, but then there was Ethan so I don't know LOL, but if I had to pick an older character I'd pick Sam :wub: :wub: :wub: ...Damn was he hot!!!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Justin Hartley was the hottest Passions hunk. Period. End of story.
Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 4 2010, 03:52 PM
Oooh, I forgot about him.

Fox/Kay :wub: :wub: :wub:

Deleted User
Deleted User

ga68153
Jan 4 2010, 03:56 PM
Amello

Fox/Kay sucked, IMO. They would have been amazing if Deanna Wright and Justin Hartley were in their roles and Kay and Fox both stayed anti-heroes/heroines, but the terrible recasts and the complete whitewashing of their characters ruined all that potential.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jan 1 2010, 06:16 PM
ga68153
Jan 1 2010, 05:32 PM
A stunt for ratings. It really didn't change much, story-wise. And the show turned to shit as soon as it was over.
The show fell completely apart after that. It had brief moments of being good but it was pretty much a consistent mess. We got the hideous Sheridan/Chris junk and what seemed like one rape after another.

Oh, and just watching that "death of a dream" scene of Ethan and Theresa in Rome reminded me of one of the brief times after the tsunami that Passions was good. That scene was Lindsey Hartley's BEST IMO and I loved the character growth we saw in Theresa during that time.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Jan 4 2010, 03:58 PM
ga68153
Amello

Fox/Kay sucked, IMO. They would have been amazing if Deanna Wright and Justin Hartley were in their roles and Kay and Fox both stayed anti-heroes/heroines, but the terrible recasts and the complete whitewashing of their characters ruined all that potential.
Yep. I liked Mueller at first but by the time they got to Fox/Kay, I couldn't stand her. I always felt the Tabitha/Kay friendship is what made her seem better then she was thanks to Juliet Mills.

I really wish Deanna Wright stayed in the role. LOVED her.

Eric83
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 4 2010, 04:02 PM
Amello
ga68153
Amello

Yep. I liked Mueller at first but by the time they got to Fox/Kay, I couldn't stand her. I always felt the Tabitha/Kay friendship is what made her seem better then she was thanks to Juliet Mills.

Deanna Wright is my favorite Passions actress EVER! Maybe I'm overexaggerating but she was REALLY good. Any other actress playing Kay would have come across desperate and weird, but she came off as a bitch who knew what she wanted. I remember seeing a promo where Charity returned in like 2006 or 2007 (a recast), what became of that? By that time I wasn't watching Passions much, and never got around to watching.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ga68153
Jan 4 2010, 04:05 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 4 2010, 04:02 PM
Amello
ga68153

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Deanna Wright is my favorite Passions actress EVER! Maybe I'm overexaggerating but she was REALLY good. Any other actress playing Kay would have come across desperate and weird, but she came off as a bitch who knew what she wanted. I remember seeing a promo where Charity returned in like 2006 or 2007 (a recast), what became of that? By that time I wasn't watching Passions much, and never got around to watching.
Same here. Once she left a majority of my interest went away forever and I was never hooked on the show again.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply