Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passions Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:41 PM (12,550 Views)
Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I watched Passions from the start and always hated Theresa for initially going after Gwen's man.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Ahhh! I loved Theresa, the doe-eyed spanish princess. To me, she was perfect and Ethan is the biggest douche in the world for wanting to be with duck face Gwen, barf.

I remember going online a long time ago to a Passions fan page, and there was a lot of weird people I got to know. Some were legit into witch craft and some other weird shit

Queen B
Member Avatar

I fucking loved Liz, I was pissed when they let her go. I always loved Eve but I loved their rivalry as sisters and thought it was well written. I hated that Liz was trying to steal T.C away from Eve but I also felt she had a legit reason to hate her sister.

Queen B
Member Avatar

I hated this Katherine ho since day one. She ran off with another woman's husband, leaving her 2 children to get tortured for years while she was fucking Martin in Mexico. I loved Pilar from the beginning and then they brought Martin back with this dirty slut and tried to sell them as forbidden lovers. Give me a break! Pilar was pretty much the only character who didn't get a decent ending and she was probably the only character on this show that deserved one lol.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Checkers
Dec 18 2011, 05:38 PM
I loved Passions (the early years at least). I remember all the promos for it before it premiered. When I finally saw it, it wasn't what I was expecting. I watched it everyday during the Summer. It was the one soap I remember all my friends watched.

I loved Ethan/Theresa. I always rooted for Kay. I had a soft spot for her.
I liked Charity in the beginning and rooted for her over the first actress who played Kay, that was until Danica Wright (I think that's her name) came in and made that role her own.
Grace and Jessica were absolute cunts to Kay! I wanted her to smack the shit out of both of them

Shick
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 17 2012, 10:48 AM
I fucking loved Liz, I was pissed when they let her go. I always loved Eve but I loved their rivalry as sisters and thought it was well written. I hated that Liz was trying to steal T.C away from Eve but I also felt she had a legit reason to hate her sister.

LOL I loved Liz and still love actress Amelia Marshall. She needs to be scooped up by another soap ASAP. Liz and Eve had so many good catfights. I remember one episode where Liz and Eve slapped each other like five times in one episode haha. So over the top, and so Passions :laugh:

Queen B
Member Avatar

Shick
Dec 17 2012, 06:57 PM
Queen B

LOL I loved Liz and still love actress Amelia Marshall. She needs to be scooped up by another soap ASAP. Liz and Eve had so many good catfights. I remember one episode where Liz and Eve slapped each other like five times in one episode haha. So over the top, and so Passions :laugh:
I go through my phases where I stumble upon a clip on youtube and end up getting sucked in again. The show was so ridiculous and terrible but I know it was done on purpose lol, JER had quite the imagination.

Someone posted this clip on SON and I died laughing.

Theresa was so over the top! I remember being younger and being a fan of Ethan/Theresa but now watching these old episodes I think Theresa was probably the most disgusting female on the show and they should of made Gwen more human. I couldn't help but feel bad for her when she lost Sarah in L.A and then lost the baby Theresa was carrying. I was sad when Gwen lost Jane as well near the end. Theresa's actions all seemed to be justified because her and Ethan were 'meant to be together'. Psh!

Queen B
Member Avatar

Oh, and this! Gwen and Theresa arguing over Ethan's dick and who turns him on more at Luis' funeral :shame:

Queen B
Member Avatar

I can't even begin to describe my love for Beth and Edna.

Shick
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 17 2012, 09:44 PM
Shick
Dec 17 2012, 06:57 PM
Queen B

I go through my phases where I stumble upon a clip on youtube and end up getting sucked in again. The show was so ridiculous and terrible but I know it was done on purpose lol, JER had quite the imagination.

Someone posted this clip on SON and I died laughing.

Theresa was so over the top! I remember being younger and being a fan of Ethan/Theresa but now watching these old episodes I think Theresa was probably the most disgusting female on the show and they should of made Gwen more human. I couldn't help but feel bad for her when she lost Sarah in L.A and then lost the baby Theresa was carrying. I was sad when Gwen lost Jane as well near the end. Theresa's actions all seemed to be justified because her and Ethan were 'meant to be together'. Psh!
Lol I got through those phases too! The Gwen/Theresa stuff is always a laugh! and LMAO at that clip! Poor Lindsay Hartley having to say that whole sentence in one breath :laugh: :laugh:

Only reason I liked Gwen was because I watched from day 1 and they made it early on like Theresa was some crazed fan of Ethan and was stalking him away from his fiance Gwen :tounge: Unfortunately, JEr turned Gwen into some crazy psycho bitch by 2003. I do not blame so many people for hating her. But yes, I was so sad when she lost Sarah only to have Theresa technically "take" away a second chance at having a child. That storyline really pissed me off.

Shick
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 17 2012, 09:47 PM
Oh, and this! Gwen and Theresa arguing over Ethan's dick and who turns him on more at Luis' funeral :shame:

LOL no one could bring the intensity and over the top craziness like Liza Huber could. Omg, some of the rants Gwen went on were out of this world :lol: :lol: Her acting was below average to say the least for the first few years, but when she came back in 03-04, she was like some warped tornado haha

Lmao Gwen describing Ethan in bed!
Edited by Shick, Dec 17 2012, 10:01 PM.

Shick
Member Avatar

LMAO go to the 1 minute mark of this clip. Gwen runs into the room screaming like a banshee and takes the disks out of Pilar and Theresa's hand :roflol: wow I miss this show

Queen B
Member Avatar

Liza Huber was great, everytime she walked into a scene with Theresa I was scared for her life! Gwen always looked like she wanted to snap the little ho in two

Shick
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 17 2012, 10:06 PM
Liza Huber was great, everytime she walked into a scene with Theresa I was scared for her life! Gwen always looked like she wanted to snap the little ho in two
HA I was nervous too! Do you remember that bed pan scene at the hospital after Sarah died? Gwen starts whacking Theresa with the thing LMAO .. Liza scared even me half the time :scared:

Queen B
Member Avatar

Yes! That was terrifying lmao. My favorite fight of all was when Gwen went after Theresa with the baseball bat.

Its sad that they turned Gwen into a cartoon character in the end instead of playing it like they were just two desperate women that couldn't let go of Ethan or their children. They were both insane and I still say Ethan was never worth it

Queen B
Member Avatar

OMG the comments for this video is hilarious. These two little girls are threatening each others lives because ones a Gwen fan and the other is a Theresa fan

Shick
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 17 2012, 10:22 PM
OMG the comments for this video is hilarious. These two little girls are threatening each others lives because ones a Gwen fan and the other is a Theresa fan

LMAO!!!

nightfan

Queen B
Dec 17 2012, 10:22 PM

Those comments are insanely hilarious. so wrong!
Anyway, I got a kick out of the clip of Theresa giving the long monologue to rehash the story, upstream in the thread.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I am loving all of the video clips. *sigh* I miss Passions so much!!!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Edna and Norma were always awesome. I still love the scene where Edna first sees Norma's "father". Can't find it though at the moment!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply