Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passions Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:41 PM (11,021 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Martsolf was the better Sam offspring.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Dec 31 2010, 12:26 PM
Martsolf was the better Sam offspring.
But Schuldt looked more the type, at least, when he was originally envisioned as. And this was Passions, acting was second nature. LoL

And again, this was Passions so lets not waste too much time arguing.
Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I preferred Travis Schuldt as Ethan. He definitely fit the character better. The prissy (remember his rant after Theresa spilled paint on him) spoon-in-mouth yet painfully naive rich boy. I felt far more invested in his Ethan than I ever did with Martsolf in the role.

Martsolf was meh. I like him far better as Brady on DAYS. I like him a TON more than I ever thought I would.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Schuldt was def the better actor but Martsolf had better chemistry with Theresa IMO.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

No one had chemestry with anyone on that show. Thats what happens when you're 100% plot driven and refuse to deviate.

blueskies
Member Avatar

For me, I really didn't like most of the recasts. As for Kay, I loved Taylor and Deanna, but did not like Heidi in the least. All 3 Jessica's were really the same for me. And it took me forever to get used to Eric as Ethan. Travis was just the perfect uppity smart-but-naive good guy.

Ethan: Travis Schuldt or Eric Martsolf?
Gwen: Liza Huber or Natalie Zea?
Kay: Taylor Anne Mountz, Deanna Wright or Heidi Mueller?
Simone: Lena Cardwell, Chrystee Pharris or Cathy Jeneen Doe?
Miguel: Jesse Metcalfe, Adrian Bellani or Blair Redford?
Chad: Donn Swaby or Charles Divins?
Fox: Justin Hartley or Mark Cameron Wystrach?
Jessica: Mary Elizabeth Winstead , Jade Harlow or Danica Stewart?
Hank: Dalton James or Ryan McPartlin?
Edited by blueskies, Dec 31 2010, 10:46 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Danica Stewart was truly just awful. She's just a slight step better then Charity Rahmer in the acting department.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

^Agree

Jade Harlow and Deanna Wright were great!

KMan101
Member Avatar

They were my favorite Kay and Jessica. I liked the original two (Mary Elizabeth Winstead & Taylor Mountz) a lot but Deanna Wright and Jade Harlow were great recasts.

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

I hattttttttttttttttttttttttttted that Kay!

Kenny
Member Avatar

WTGH
Jan 2 2011, 10:03 PM
Taylor Anne Mountz > all the others

Posted Image

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Rick
Jan 2 2011, 03:44 PM
^Agree

Jade Harlow and Deanna Wright were great!
I cant believe I used to watch this.

Mason

Drew
Jan 2 2011, 10:55 PM
I cant believe I used to watch this.
LoL! That was the same thing going through my head when I watched that clip. At least I can use the excuse that I was too young/stupid to know better at the time.
Edited by Mason, Jan 2 2011, 11:04 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Drew weren't you a huge Deanna Wright fan too? I seem to remember you on SON gushing about her all the time.

Did Jade Harlow's Jessica ever have a storyline? I can't really remember much of her.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Kenny
Jan 2 2011, 10:22 PM
WTGH
Jan 2 2011, 10:03 PM
Taylor Anne Mountz > all the others

Posted Image
I can't get over how much a co-worker looks like her. I wish she would of returned to daytime.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Yes I was. Though looking back through all of the Kays, I actually think Heidi Mueller was the best. She was the most natural acting of all of them, even though she never got anything substancial to actually do. Wright definitely started to shine when she started hating her mother, but she did have alot of cardboard soap actress moments.

Manny
Member Avatar

I just can't decide which Kay I loved more.. Deanna and Taylor Anne were both just AWESOME! But it was good for them to leave Passions. That show was the ultimate trash. And it got worse as it went on.

Mason

Ew, Mueller was awful and totally ruined Kay.

blueskies
Member Avatar

^agreed Mason. I couldn't stand Mueller. Didn't help that they never had a decent Miguel recast after Metcalfe left. But the last one was the WORST!

I love Passions for what it was. I actually think it was wayy more believable than any other soap I've seen, simply b/c you could use magic to explain away anything. Not so with soaps like Days, where stillborn babies come back to life, along with every other person on the show. So, on that, I still say Passions was the best soap (even when it was wayyy overboard on the psycho-factor at the end there...)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I would of loved to have seen another writer write for Passions.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply