Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Guiding Light Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:44 PM (2,330 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Scott Bailey was a horrible actor, but DAMN that body made it all worth while. I remember a sex scene he had with Tammy. Very hot.
Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Did anyone like Danny/Marina as a couple??? I was disgusted by them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ever since Aubrey Dollar left, Marina was useless.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I actually liked Mandy Bruno in her first five or six months on the show. She was definitely no Aubrey Dollar, but she was a suitable replacement (I never saw Kit whatserface as Marina, but I read she was awful). I even liked Danny/Marina when it first started. It was a refreshing change from Danny and NSA's abomination of Michelle. It wasn't until Danny and Marina broke up that I really started to dislike Bruno and the character of Marina. And then it was rapidly downhill from there.

Mason
Member Avatar

ga68153
Dec 30 2009, 04:51 PM
Did anyone like Sandy??? The guy that pretended to be Reva's son..... I hated how he turned into a psycho just to prop Jammy (even though they were hot).
Sandy was okay and Scott Bailey wasn't that bad of an actor (not to mention, like Amello said, he was nice as HELL to look at). The problem was always the writing for his character, IMO.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Another storyline I remember was something with Blake and Ross, and some pyscho named Tori (?). Why she was obsessed with Ross? (That's how I remember it). lol

Mason
Member Avatar

ga68153
Dec 30 2009, 07:34 PM
Another storyline I remember was something with Blake and Ross, and some pyscho named Tori (?). Why she was obsessed with Ross? (That's how I remember it). lol
Yes, Ross and Blake's last storyline. I didn't buy Ross cheating on Blake with a student young enough to be his daughter, but the story got fun when Tory flipped out and locked Blake in a basement cell at the harbor, LoL.

Eric83
Member Avatar

I also loved that Holly/Sebastian storyline. I don't know what the majority of fans tink about this SL, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Even when she got locked up in that cell.

The Beth/Rick affair while he was married to Mel was LAME-O. They were at Towers, and they kissed and Mel saw it and walked out. I was like GROW SOME BALLS BITCH! I will never forgive whoever SORASed their daughter from 16 months to 16 years old. :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

Mason
Member Avatar

Quote:

I also loved that Holly/Sebastian storyline. I don't know what the majority of fans tink about this SL, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Even when she got locked up in that cell.

I liked it too. I loved all the Roger flashbacks and the revisiting of Holly's history with him. And it was Holly's last storyline. :(

I hated Sebastian though - especially after that storyline ended and he became Alan's glorified thug.

Quote:

The Beth/Rick affair while he was married to Mel was LAME-O. They were at Towers, and they kissed and Mel saw it and walked out. I was like GROW SOME BALLS BITCH! I will never forgive whoever SORASed their daughter from 16 months to 16 years old. :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

Yes, that was all very stupid. In fact, pretty much everything Kreizman did with Beth was stupid, from her affair with Rick to marrying and having a child with ALAN (of all people!) to holding Gus and Alan hostage to marrying Rick to sleeping with Coop. All dumb. Beth finally got some respectability back in 2009.

But I always thought Rick's marriage to Mel was forced. Their relationship never seemed believable to me, for whatever reason. Mel was never a very well-developed character.
Edited by Mason, Dec 30 2009, 07:50 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Also how long was Reva in jail for pulling the plug on Richard. I remember watching some big dramatic scene with her being brought to jail, and giving up her wedding ring and all that. She was out in like 2 weeks LOL, how did she get out?

Mason
Member Avatar

ga68153
Dec 30 2009, 07:51 PM
Also how long was Reva in jail for pulling the plug on Richard. I remember watching some big dramatic scene with her being brought to jail, and giving up her wedding ring and all that. She was out in like 2 weeks LOL, how did she get out?
I loved that storyline, but you know, I don't even really remember how it ended, LoL!

Eric83
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 30 2009, 07:53 PM
ga68153
Dec 30 2009, 07:51 PM
I loved that storyline, but you know, I don't even really remember how it ended, LoL!
Lol, me as well. But I hated Laura Wright as Cassie. She was never likeable to me at ALL. I heard that back in the late 90's, KZ was going to audition to play Cassie. Sort of some kind of "look-a-like" thing. That would have been a disaster. :ermmmm:

Mason
Member Avatar

ga68153
Dec 30 2009, 07:56 PM
I heard that back in the late 90's, KZ was going to audition to play Cassie. Sort of some kind of "look-a-like" thing. That would have been a disaster. :ermmmm:
LoL! That would have been one hot ass mess!

I loved Laura Wright as Cassie up until 2003, when she was paired with Edmund. For me, that was the beginning of Cassie's character destruction, and it just got worse from there.

Eric83
Member Avatar

I always wondered why they brought back Bradley cole to play Jeffrey. he couldnt have been that popular.

Mason
Member Avatar

I think they wanted to recreate the magic between Bradley Cole and Laura Wright that they had with Richard and Cassie, but it just wasn't there between Jeffrey and Cassie. Plus, Jeffrey was a terrible character from start to finish. I was so hopeful that he would be written off once Weston got the boot and Kreizman took over, but unfortunately it never happened.

Eric83
Member Avatar

I hated this opening:

Edited by Eric83, Dec 30 2009, 09:58 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Fixed! (To embed videos, just do [flash]URL[/flash]).

Anyway, I loathed that opening too, but at least it was better than this piece of crap....

Edited by Mason, Dec 30 2009, 09:59 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar

LMAO, I thought that was creepy, and actually that "Love Will Save the World" shit comes in second in worst GL openings. That reeked of Ellen Wheeler.

Mason
Member Avatar

ga68153
Dec 30 2009, 10:03 PM
LMAO, I thought that was creepy, and actually that "Love Will Save the World" shit comes in second in worst GL openings. That reeked of Ellen Wheeler.
Uggggggh....that song......

Eric83
Member Avatar

This should have been used longer.

Did you enjoy Joan Collins as Alex?
Edited by Eric83, Dec 30 2009, 10:10 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply