Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Guiding Light Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:44 PM (2,078 Views)
Mason

I agree. I loved that opening.

And I loved Joan Collins as Alexandra! So delicious. I preferred her three short months as Alex to the nearly seven years that I saw of Marj Dusay.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

And who decided upon that short version of Hold on to Love? That was a dreadful five years of that shit.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Alexandra (Joan Collins) busts Olivia at Thanksgiving (2002)

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Eric83
Member Avatar

I used to love cheesy shit like this. I missed the big natural disasters back when GL had a budget......

Speaking of this, I didn't like this Marah. I loved Nancy McKeon, and was so sad when she left.

Mason

That was a good summer. Unlike most, I never hated San Cristobel. On the contrary, I loved most of it.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Remember when Reva had a stalker? Lol.... Didn't it end up being Alex?

Mason

ga68153
Dec 31 2009, 05:32 PM
Remember when Reva had a stalker? Lol.... Didn't it end up being Alex?
Yeah. That was stupid. I did like that we got to see Annie again for a couple of episodes, though (even if it was that dreadful Signy Coleman incarnation).

Eric83
Member Avatar

Were you a fan of the Santos family? I loved Tony until he was recasted, and I loved Carmen.

Mason

ga68153
Dec 31 2009, 05:37 PM
Were you a fan of the Santos family? I loved Tony until he was recasted, and I loved Carmen.
I LOVED Carmen! I loved Danny too, but mostly when Bethany Joy Lenz played Michelle. I could have done without the rest of the Santos family, though, LoL.

Speaking of Carmen (and Joan Collins's Alex), I loved this scene:

Eric83
Member Avatar

^ Oh yeah! Did they ever try Carmen and Edmund as a couple?

Mason

ga68153
Dec 31 2009, 06:10 PM
^ Oh yeah! Did they ever try Carmen and Edmund as a couple?
I think so...

Eric83
Member Avatar

I also remember when Philip "died", he left Company to Lizzie and she took over, and Lizzie/Coop developed a romance. I liked Lizzie/Coop as a couple. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Mason

^ I did too. John Driscoll and Crystal Hunt had great chemistry together. I hated how Lizzie was thrown under the bus for Jonathan/Tammy, just because John Driscoll didn't have the same chemistry with Marcy Rylan that he had with Crystal Hunt.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Michelle and Tony as a couple was so wack. I hated them, and he ended up dying for her...no?

Mason

ga68153
Dec 31 2009, 06:25 PM
Michelle and Tony as a couple was so wack. I hated them, and he ended up dying for her...no?
They were terrible. All I remember is Tony falling off a cliff or something and me being happy about it, LoL.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Yeah, but nothing could top the suckiness of Josh/Cassie...LMAO!

Mason

ga68153
Dec 31 2009, 06:37 PM
Yeah, but nothing could top the suckiness of Josh/Cassie...LMAO!
WORST. FUCKING. COUPLE. EVER.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Yeah, I sort of tuned out during the production-model change. Do you know why or how Josh became a minister/preacher?

Mason

ga68153
Dec 31 2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I sort of tuned out during the production-model change. Do you know why or how Josh became a minister/preacher?
Not really, LoL. I feel like that happened just a few months before I stopped watching GL a second time.

Eric83
Member Avatar

How did you feel when you first saw the new production model?

I thought it was just in that first scene, and then when I kept seeing it I got freaked out. Then the theme song started, and I was freaked out and was like WTF?!!. Lol, I had to go on the internet and find out what the hell happened to GL. That's actually how I discovered the world of soap message boards. :lol:
Edited by Eric83, Dec 31 2009, 06:46 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply