Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Guiding Light Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:44 PM (2,243 Views)
Checkers
Member Avatar

I'm watching Maureen's death and the aftermath. Crying my eyes out.

Bridget, Roger, Vanessa, and Michelle are breaking my heart.

I only watched GL for a short time in the early 2000s. I was pretty obsessed with Tony/Marah around that time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Reading this thread makes me happy to see people liked Phillip and Harley. I adored them so much.

I loved Harley with Alan Michael (Carl Evans) back in the late 80s. Too bad that couple got ruined pretty fast.

There are so many GL clips online.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Quote:

Reading this thread makes me happy to see people liked Phillip and Harley. I adored them so much.

I loved Harley with Alan Michael (Carl Evans) back in the late 80s. Too bad that couple got ruined pretty fast.

I loved both of these couples. I'm probably one of the few people who actually preferred Harley with Phillip instead of Beth.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Crazygirl
Nov 16 2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:

I loved both of these couples. I'm probably one of the few people who actually preferred Harley with Phillip instead of Beth.
Shoot, I thought I was the only one too. They were such a great couple. I just wanted Beth to move on. I hated that they had Phillip cheat on Harley with Beth.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Checkers
Nov 16 2011, 11:06 PM
Crazygirl
Quote:

Shoot, I thought I was the only one too. They were such a great couple. I just wanted Beth to move on. I hated that they had Phillip cheat on Harley with Beth.

Oh me too! I never forgave Phillip for cheating on Harley. I hated that story line :shame:

Checkers
Member Avatar

Crazygirl
Nov 16 2011, 11:07 PM
Checkers
Nov 16 2011, 11:06 PM
Crazygirl
Quote:

Oh me too! I never forgave Phillip for cheating on Harley. I hated that story line :shame:
I did love this moment.

:wub:

Phillip being jealous of Harley and Edmund.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Oh I loved that scene! I also loved Harley back then. They really ruined her character at the end of her run.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I had stopped watching GL so I'm glad I didn't see that. I loved her character when I was watching. I loved how fiesty, smart, and just normal she was.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Be glad you didn't see how badly they destroyed her at the end. I did love her with Gus too though, I hated when he died.

Your avatar makes me :'(

Checkers
Member Avatar

I remember when her and Gus first started I liked them.

Love me some R&S. :'(
Edited by Checkers, Nov 18 2011, 05:11 PM.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

^^I loved Robin and Stone too, now I love her with Patrick.

I loved Gus and Harley at first too, they ruined them too in the end. Sad.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I like Robin and Patrick too.

So many characters and couples got ruined by GL's end. I had tried to get into the show after years of not watching. I didn't recognize anyone and the new format was just weird.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

^^I agree. I have still never watched the final episode. The show looked so bad towards the end that I couldn't even watch it anymore. It was sad to watch a one time great show go out that way IMO.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I tried getting back into GL towards the end but I barely recognized anybody. I've gone back and watched some GL stories from the 90s and 80s. The show was so good back in the day. It's a shame how much it changed.
Edited by Checkers, Dec 18 2011, 05:25 PM.

paul89

almose the end of the show there was a old lady hideing in a big house that was half danny and micheall house with marh where can i fine that clip?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply