Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another World Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:46 PM (4,345 Views)
somersetfan
Member Avatar

Logan2010
Jan 11 2010, 06:47 AM
Right now it is time to think who is your favorite actor/actress in the role as original or recast.

Amanda: Sandra Ferguson, Christine Tucci or Laura Moss
Donna: Anna Stuart or Philece Sampler
Gary: Timothy Gibbs or John Littlefield
Grant: Dack Rambo or Mark Pinter
Iris: Beverlee McKinsey or Carmen Duncan
Jamie: Laurence Lau or Russell Todd
Josie: Alexandra Wilson, Amy Carlson or Nadine Stenovitch
Lorna: Alicia Coppola or Robin Christopher
Marley: Ellen Wheeler, Anne Heche or Jensen Buchanan
Matt: Matt Crane, Brian Krause or Jeff Phillips
Paulina: Cali Timmins or Judi Evans
Sam: Robert Kelker-Kelly, Danny Markel or Brian Lane Green
Vicky: Ellen Wheeler, Anne Heche or Jensen Buchanan
Amanda: Sandra Ferguson
Donna: Anna Stuart :hail:
Gary: Timothy Gibbs
Grant: Mark Pinter
Iris: Beverlee McKinsey
Jamie: Laurence Lau (really Richard Bekins, but if I have to choose between those two....)
Josie: Amy Carlson (liked the others though)
Lorna: Robin Christopher
Marley: Ellen Wheeler
Matt: Matt Crane
Paulina: Judi Evans
Sam: Robert Kelker-Kelly
Vicky: Anne Heche
Edited by somersetfan, Oct 8 2010, 07:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bremol
Member Avatar

I wish I could find eps from 97 to the end because that's when was watching. Felicia Gallant dressed in an all white suit with a scarf on her head and big sunglasses was what drew me into the show just in time for the Alexander Nicos (not sure I've spelled the name right) storyline. Seeing Felicia fly through that skylight...wow. I hated that they made him bad, though. I liked him and Felicia together.

The weird Secret Garden-esque storyline with Amanda and...can't remember the guy's name...was a storyline I could've done without though. Oy.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I still hold out hope that one day all the soaps will be available to download via itunes or something. I'd gladly pay to watch.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Amanda: Sandra Ferguson, though I did also like Christine Tucci
Donna: Anna Stuart :wub:
Iris: Carmen Duncan (never got to see McKinsey)
Jamie: Russell Todd
Josie: Amy Carlson
Lorna: Alicia Coppola
Marley: Ellen Wheeler
Paulina: Cali Timmins BY A MILE!!
Sam: Robert Kelker-Kelly or Brian Lane Green
Vicky: Anne Heche

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm totally loving Cali Timmins as Paulina. I never watched her until watching on youtube. Judi is a great actress but Cali had a special perk about her that made Paulina great.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

As usual I'm the odd ball.

Catlin & Sally were one of my fav's.

flasoxgirl

Donna: Anna Stuart
Grant:Mark Pinter
Iris: Carmen Duncan
Jamie: Laurence Lau
Josie: Alexandra Wilson
Marley:Jensen Buchanan- I know I am the odd one here but I started watching after Anne left the show
Paulina: Cali Timmins This is really hard I honestly loved them both
Sam: Robert Kelker-Kelly-my claim to fame is that RKK moved to my hometown after he left the show and worked at a daycare center.
Vicky:Jensen Buchanan

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

lightandday
Oct 15 2010, 11:00 AM

I *loved* Caitlin & Sally. They were the show's "IT" couple when I first started to really pay attention to soaps in the early/mid 1980s. I always loved the fact that the actors (Thomas Ian Griffith & Mary Page Keller) actually got married in really life (and are still together!)

Hopin4more

Iris: Beverlee McKinsey
Jamie: Laurence Lau
Josie: Alexandra Wilson
Lorna: Alicia Coppola or Robin Christopher (they were both really good but would but Alicia first sing she looked so much like her "mom")
Marley: Ellen Wheeler (Anne would be a close second)
Paulina: Judi Evans (But liked Cali Timmins almost as much)
Sam: Robert Kelker-Kelly
Vicky: Anne Heche (she played wicked better!)

awnut29

hi

i am looking for some another world episodes from 1995-1998 can anyone help me

Dominic18
Member Avatar

Why did Hulu take the videos down?!!?

*6Lee

You are right, chooky 54. The 1960's abortion storyline featured Pat Matthews (Susan Trustman, who mistakenly thought aborting Tom's child left her sterile). Fall 1975 storyline (which Harding Lemay wrote after his gay Michael story fell apart) featured Pat's daughter, Marianne (Ariane Munker), who aborted Chris Pierson's (Stephen Yates) baby after he deserted her during her first semester of college. HLM said he was not that invested in the story because his hopes were dashed with the one he planned. That is distressing because the story was excellent- played out over months, no moralizing, no cop outs as soaps were likely to do (marriage, miscarriage). It was, most of all, a family story, affecting Marianne's brother- and her parents, whose marriage ended in part because of everyone's efforts to keep the news from father John Randolph (Michael Ryan). I remember this story vividly- it was real, grown up soap. Lionel Johnston was wonderful as boy next door Mike Randolph; his liberated girlfriend Glenda Toland was played by a a very natural actress- Maia Danziger (still acting today).

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Poor Philece Sampler got such a raw deal when she was cast as Donna. They could have cast Meryl Streep in the role and she just would not have measured up. As so many others have said, Anna Stuart WAS Donna and was simply irreplaceable. Some roles can't be recast.

That said, Days should resurrect Renee Dimera and bring Philece back to the show. She's a powerhouse actress and I'd love to see Renee standing up to Stephano for ruining her life by faking her death and keeping her away from Tony. As a bonus, it could turn out that EJ is Renee and Tony's son, conceived on the night of her "murder." I'd love to see scenes with Mascolo, Scott and Sampler as Stephano tries to explain why he took EJ from his mother and raised him as his own son. The story would mirror what happened to Renee when Lee led her to believe she was her sister rather than her mother. Sins of the father type stuff. Could be powerful and would get James Scott into his own storyline and out of Sami's orbit for a change.

ultimate777

Do any of you remember Steve Frame? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Frame

He reminded me of Donald Trump before I ever heard of Donald Trump:) The cancellation of Dark Shadows and the first killing off of Steve pretty much put me off soaps.

*6Lee

Of course. Steve Frame was a soap icon. He was drawn differently than a lot of other cookie-cutter men on soaps. He was dark and sensual. He was one of the first men on soaps- maybe one of the few ever- who would not marry the vixen who "trapped" him. He supported his child, visited with him and developed a relationship with him, but he simply refused to marry the mother. Kind of startling in 1969. That he later wed Rachel (and soon divorced her) was due to Alice leaving him. Steve had interesting back story- his humble Oklahoma beginnings- making him ambitious and seeking wealth and power. Steve and Alice (she also called him "Steven") were the epitome of the "another world" theme ("...not in this world alone.."). They probably were not suited to each other, realistically, but they were terribly drawn to what the other represented. Like in real life, couples like that have palpable chemistry. Steve and Alice certainly did.
Edited by *6Lee, May 21 2011, 03:28 PM.

Jason
Member Avatar

I loved Another World --started watching sometime early in the 80's. Some of my earliest memories are of Rachel being blind, Alma Rudder and Cecile trying to drive Blaine crazy and then Alma's subsequent murder. Loved Catlin and Sally, Cass and Kathleen, Peter and Brittany, and much later Ryan and Vicky and Cass and Frankie. Favorite characters were Cecile and Donna.

Jason
Member Avatar

Logan2010
Jan 11 2010, 06:47 AM
Right now it is time to think who is your favorite actor/actress in the role as original or recast.

Amanda: Sandra Ferguson, Christine Tucci or Laura Moss
Donna: Anna Stuart or Philece Sampler
Gary: Timothy Gibbs or John Littlefield
Grant: Dack Rambo or Mark Pinter
Iris: Beverlee McKinsey or Carmen Duncan
Jamie: Laurence Lau or Russell Todd
Josie: Alexandra Wilson, Amy Carlson or Nadine Stenovitch
Lorna: Alicia Coppola or Robin Christopher
Marley: Ellen Wheeler, Anne Heche or Jensen Buchanan
Paulina: Cali Timmins or Judi Evans
Sam: Robert Kelker-Kelly, Danny Markel or Brian Lane Green
Vicky: Ellen Wheeler, Anne Heche or Jensen Buchanan
Amanda: Sandra Ferguson (but liked Christine Tucci too)
Gary: I wasn't really watching regularly by the end when Gary was a character but Timothy Gibbs is hot and was good on Santa Barbara)
Iris: Only ever saw Carmen Duncan but I've heard no one compares to Beverlee McKinsey
Jamie: I think its a tie between those two (I was liking Richard Bekins as early 80's Jamie when AOL was showing classic AW)
Josie: never really cared for Josie but later Josie was MUCH better than early Josie
Marley: Anne Heche (but liked all three)
Matt: Brian Krause
Paulina: Cali Timmins
Sam: Not a Sam fan
Vicky: Anne Heche but enjoyed all three in the role.

Edited by Jason, Jun 14 2011, 10:13 PM.

SMidnite

I'm trying to remember the storyline where the high school merged with another, and one of the snobby rich kids refused to dance with Thomasina Harding. The same kid was involved in a drunk driving accident with Marley. What happened to him?

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

Logan2010
Feb 20 2010, 10:08 PM
Who was your favorite couple on the show back in the day?

Mac and Rachel
Rachel and Carl
Ryan and Vicky
Jake and Paulina
Sam and Amanda
John and Sharlene
Cass and Frankie
Steve and Alice
Jake and Marley
Felicia and Lucas
Michael and Donna
Gary and Josie
Jake and Vicky
Grant and Vicky
Jamie and Lisa
Jamie and Marley
Jamie and Vicky
Matt and Donna
Marley and Dennis
Grant and Cindy
Lorna and Kevin
Lorna and Gabe
Cass and Kathleen
Cass and Lila
Joe and Paulina
Dean and Jenna
I freaking loved Matt and Donna. They were so funny and sexy. Also from age nine to like sixteen I was obsessed with New York City and I used to write poems. So of course I fell for Carl wooing Rachel. I didn't realized their history but the man could read poetry. :wub:

Checkers
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 15 2010, 11:00 AM

For you. :wub:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply