Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another World Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 04:46 PM (4,455 Views)
lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Matt
Dec 29 2010, 12:15 PM
lightandday
Oct 15 2010, 11:00 AM
As usual I'm the odd ball.

Catlin & Sally were one of my fav's.
I *loved* Caitlin & Sally. They were the show's "IT" couple when I first started to really pay attention to soaps in the early/mid 1980s. I always loved the fact that the actors (Thomas Ian Griffith & Mary Page Keller) actually got married in really life (and are still together!)
This is wonderful :smile: I had no idea they were still married I was such a young girl mesmerized how Broad & Big shoulder Ian was my Auntie would loose it when he was on but he Mary onscreen connection was great because during their era they reminded me of a real life couple so imagine to my surprise when I found out the two were really item. :) Truly A Gorgeous Pair.

Posted Image
Edited by lightandday, Dec 18 2011, 04:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lightandday
Member Avatar

Checkers
Dec 18 2011, 02:54 PM
lightandday
Oct 15 2010, 11:00 AM
As usual I'm the odd ball.

Catlin & Sally were one of my fav's.

For you. :wub:
:whooohooo: LORDY LORDY :thankyou: O'My and this is a brand new clip of Sally and Catlin :cupid: he was really teasing the heck out of her with the older woman & clothes comment she was so aggravated by'em :blulaugh: GAWD they were an awesome soap couple.

lightandday
Member Avatar

Chex look what you've gone & done to me.. :hypnotize: :biggrin:

This quote comes from a Thomas Griffith interview with that Old soap mag called Daytime TV.

Quote:

How do you and Mary get along off the set?
Thomas: Very well. She's a fine actress. Mary has a great straightforward quality about her. You can touch that and deal with it. I enjoy working with her.
Sally and Catlin's romance has progressed so slowly. Has that ever made your love scenes difficult?
Thomas: A little. There have been scenes Mary and I have together where I'd just naturally reach out and put my hands on her shoulders. All of a sudden the director would yell cut and tell me not to touch her. I guess it's because Sally and Catlin are supposed to fall in love gradually and they don't want me to rush it. So I've found myself really having to hold back sometimes.

:cloud9: SWOOOOOOOOOON~ He couldn't wait to touch her in their scenes :cloud9:

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

lightandday
Dec 18 2011, 05:55 PM
Chex look what you've gone & done to me.. :hypnotize: :biggrin:

This quote comes from a Thomas Griffith interview with that Old soap mag called Daytime TV.

Quote:

How do you and Mary get along off the set?
Thomas: Very well. She's a fine actress. Mary has a great straightforward quality about her. You can touch that and deal with it. I enjoy working with her.
Sally and Catlin's romance has progressed so slowly. Has that ever made your love scenes difficult?
Thomas: A little. There have been scenes Mary and I have together where I'd just naturally reach out and put my hands on her shoulders. All of a sudden the director would yell cut and tell me not to touch her. I guess it's because Sally and Catlin are supposed to fall in love gradually and they don't want me to rush it. So I've found myself really having to hold back sometimes.

:cloud9: SWOOOOOOOOOON~ He couldn't wait to touch her in their scenes :cloud9:
Mary Page Keller is more gorgeous than ever. She turns in an amazing performance in last year's film Beginners, which has won numerous independent film awards and will likely have Oscar nominations. She plays the wife (in flashback scenes) of Christopher Plummer, an older man who comes out as gay after his wife dies. Mary Page gives such a subtle, heartbreaking performance. It reminded me of why I adored her so much on AW.

Tom

DrewHamilton
Jan 10 2010, 11:16 PM
Mason
Jan 10 2010, 11:07 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 10 2010, 09:22 PM
And one of my favorite storylines in daytime history has to be the John/Sharlene/Taylor saga. It was a great psychological storyline and the writers did a fantastic job with it.
Yes, this is my favorite storyline at the moment. The last episode I watched, Taylor had taken Sharlene to the creepy old amusement park (a great location shoot!).
OMG! Isn't it creepy?! I loved it.
Please, post clips of this! I want to see it! somebody? I searched on Youtube.

Checkers
Member Avatar

fritosguy
Jan 12 2012, 02:04 AM
DrewHamilton
Mason
DrewHamilton
Jan 10 2010, 09:22 PM
And one of my favorite storylines in daytime history has to be the John/Sharlene/Taylor saga. It was a great psychological storyline and the writers did a fantastic job with it.
Yes, this is my favorite storyline at the moment. The last episode I watched, Taylor had taken Sharlene to the creepy old amusement park (a great location shoot!).

Tom

Checkers
Jan 12 2012, 07:00 PM
fritosguy
Jan 12 2012, 02:04 AM
DrewHamilton
Mason

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Thanks so much! I almost forgot about these official episodes!
I'm watching now...

mb1982
Member Avatar

does anyone have any another world on dvd? private message me.

lightandday
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Jan 9 2012, 12:48 PM
Mary Page Keller is more gorgeous than ever. She turns in an amazing performance in last year's film Beginners, which has won numerous independent film awards and will likely have Oscar nominations. She plays the wife (in flashback scenes) of Christopher Plummer, an older man who comes out as gay after his wife dies. Mary Page gives such a subtle, heartbreaking performance. It reminded me of why I adored her so much on AW.
She most certainly is I like to categorize her as "Classic Beauty" and I had no idea of this movie Beginners you spoke of so I went found the trailer & to my surprise Ewan McGregor ("DECEPTION"<Luv This Movie) is also playing Christopher Plummer son. I will definitely take a look @ Beginners watching the trailer Christopher Plummer character made me LOL when he call his son up to ask about "What's the name of the "Loud Music" his new boyfriend likes.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

I recently been reading the history of AW and holy christ this show made so many mistakes in the early to mid 80's.

Writing out Pat and Marianne. Recasting then killing Sally. Killing Julia. Letting Jacqueline Courtney go for a second time when she returned in 1984. :shame:

Writing Pat, Alice and Sally out IMO were the shows biggest mistakes. These characters had so much more potential. Especially Pat. An alcoholic business executive with a history of emotional instability.....and murder. You would think a character like that would be a writers dream.

It's a real shame they didn't bring these characters back permanently in 1989 when they brought back Russ and introduced Olivia.

Edited by somersetfan, May 4 2012, 07:13 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

somersetfan
May 4 2012, 07:11 PM
I recently been reading the history of AW and holy christ this show made so many mistakes in the early to mid 80's.

Writing out Pat and Marianne. Recasting then killing Sally. Killing Julia. Letting Jacqueline Courtney go for a second time when she returned in 1984. :shame:

Writing Pat, Alice and Sally out IMO were the shows biggest mistakes. These characters had so much more potential. Especially Pat. An alcoholic business executive with a history of emotional instability.....and murder. You would think a character like that would be a writers dream.

It's a real shame they didn't bring these characters back permanently in 1989 when they brought back Russ and introduced Olivia.

Don't forget Bill. He had one of those, "his body was never found" deaths. I like to think Joseph Gallison's amnesiac character on OLTL was, in fact, Bill Matthews. LoL

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
May 4 2012, 07:16 PM
Don't forget Bill. He had one of those, "his body was never found" deaths. I like to think Joseph Gallison's amnesiac character on OLTL was, in fact, Bill Matthews. LoL
LOL Bill's death was dumb to. I guess it was the only way the writers felt they could bring back Missy before sending her to Somerset with little Ricky to "start a new life." But the character of Missy disappeared after only a few months on that show so really it was all a waste.

A few other mistakes I forgot to mention was spinning Iris off to Texas. From what I read it was the only way P&G/NBC could keep Beverlee McKinsey in the fold. But Harding Lemay said McKinsey told him she only did Texas for the money. Couldn't they have gave her the extra money to stay on AW? The show lost alot of viewers when BM left.

And letting Laura Malone go then writing Blaine out a year later. Blaine like Pat Alice and Sally had so much more potential. Blaine was such a classic example of villainess tuned heroine. Like Pat she had so much history and could of been involved in countless more stories.

Edited by somersetfan, May 4 2012, 08:53 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar

The Bitch That was DONNA! I was too young and had no business having such contempt for a character as I did her she was a hot twat heffer throwing her stuff in Catlin's face any chance she got and speaking ill of Sally.. If memory serves I think she hired Catlin as a stable hand.
Anna Stuart was FIERCE in her role of Donna Love

GAH!! Someone Get Me Off of YouTube I'm clicking on AW clips like I've lost my damn mind... :biggrin:

Catlin Ewing didn't help the situation either he fell right into Donna baited bed.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Reading about the last two years of AW brought back so many horrible memories UGH!

I will admit there were bits and pieces of 1997 that I enjoyed. Toni's rape story was fantastically told. Michael Malone really crafted a wonderful story there. The rape/trial unfolded so well and Rhonda Ross and Mark Mortimer gave wonderful performances. I also enjoyed the Alexander Nikos story as flawed and ridiculous as it was.

Bobby/Robert was a character I hated. Why they didn't just bring RKK back as Sam is beyond on. They recast Amanda with Laura Moss and they toyed with pairing Amanda and Jake which could of created a quad that might have been interesting. I totally forgot that Lindsay Lohan played Alli. She had some great scenes with Tom Eplin and Charles Keating. Shame the show couldn't have held onto her a while longer.

1998-1999 was just god awful. Micheal's death didn't need to happen and was poorly executed. The Lumina/Jordan Stark story had no business being told on AW. I understand they were just keeping up with the times but there was so many other ways that could of happened. Bringing Frankie back in the form of Anne O'Donnell was dumb. They should of just brought Frankie back outright. Hell even better why didn't they bring back Cecile or Kathleen as a spoiler for Lila and Cass. These characters were actually alive and were just as popular(if not more) pairings with Cass. In mentioning Cass and Lila I will say I loved them and was very happy they gave Cass another love interest before the end of the show.

The Marley/Jake/Vicky story was disgusting. Marley lusting after her rapist (a fact that was rarely mentioned during this time) was just so wrong. As much as I loved the character of Etta-Mae everytime she stood up for Jake and Vicky when it came to Marley she just looked like a monster. Her daughter was raped and here she is standing by a rapist. Yes Jake was reformed and he and Marley had come to an understanding but that does not change the fact. It would of made more sense(and probably been a better story) if Marley had wanted to break up Jake and Vicky because of her hatred for him not her love.

In saying that, I will add, I loved Ellen Wheeler's return. Anytime I think of Marley I see Ellen. She really is a wonderful actress. Bad producer of course.

Oh lightandday Anna Stuart is :wub: One of the better AW actress that never got an emmy nomination let alone an emmy award for her time on the show. Shame they wasted her talent pretty much the last 5 years the show was on the air :shame:

KMan101
Member Avatar

Once Phelps came onboard, Donna was done as a character. I mean, she was slated to die but they switched it to Frankie.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Yesterday, while I was out walking alone, I started thinking about AW and Passions. This weird thought popped in my head. What if NBC had never commissioned Passions and instead sent James Reilly to AW to be the head writer. I still can't fathom what would of happened. Would he have buried Rachel alive or had Vicky possessed by satan?

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

somersetfan
Aug 27 2012, 12:13 PM
Yesterday, while I was out walking alone, I started thinking about AW and Passions. This weird thought popped in my head. What if NBC had never commissioned Passions and instead sent James Reilly to AW to be the head writer. I still can't fathom what would of happened. Would he have buried Rachel alive or had Vicky possessed by satan?
Vicky WAS possessed by Satan for a time. His name was Bobby-Shane-a-Reno-Roberts. :D

jewlmc

I loved this show! I love LOVED Ryan and Vicky(with Anne Heche AND Jensen) IMO Jake and Vicky was a pale comparison. Jake belonged with Paulina. Joe belonged in the dirt.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Aug 29 2012, 03:59 PM
somersetfan
Aug 27 2012, 12:13 PM
Vicky WAS possessed by Satan for a time. His name was Bobby-Shane-a-Reno-Roberts. :D
Don't you mean Sam Fowler :P

littleAWfan
Member Avatar

jewlmc
Sep 3 2012, 11:35 AM
I loved this show! I love LOVED Ryan and Vicky(with Anne Heche AND Jensen) IMO Jake and Vicky was a pale comparison. Jake belonged with Paulina. Joe belonged in the dirt.
Yes! I feel like they gave up on Jake,Vicky and Paulina towards the last few years of the show. I couldnt stand Vicky,but she belonged with Ryan. Paulina belonged with Jake. They screwed up so badly with Grant breaking the two couples up. Downhill from there. I know Paulina was originally with Grant,but when Dack died,the whole dynamic of the character changed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply