Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Hunley's secret return, Corday on the ratings; Dec 29th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 08:35 PM (3,639 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

In this week's SOD, Leann Hunley discusses her surprise return, and Ken Corday makes a short statement on Days' ratings.

Hunley says she was "pleasantly surprised" to get the call from Days and that she "didn't really expect it". She says they asked her if she'd come back for a few days, "and then we'll see what happens". They told her that she was not allowed to tell anyone at all about it. She says that no one at the studio knew either, except the costume designer, who figured it out from the shoe size he was given.

As for why Anna has Sydney, Hunley says that Anna either does things for love or for money. "So, you offer either one of those and she's your girl. But she does have a heart and she does have feelings." SOD says that this week, Anna hears from Roman and Stefano, but as for her connection to Sydney, "We don't really know yet."

Regarding how long she'll be on Days, she says, "I honestly don't know... but I've been here a little longer than I expected."

SOD then has a short discussion on Days' ratings. Ken Corday says, "We have shown growth over the previous year." He continues that the ratings are up compared to a year ago, "And NBC says, 'Okay, fine, they're able to wipe the canvas clean, turn the hourglass over and in a way, remodel the show with a different production plan and be just as effective.'"

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I hope we get more secret returns in the future. They are very exciting. Good job Days.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

TFP. I'm glad Corday was cautious with his comments on the ratings from the sound of it. I just don't trust that man not to jinx things. LOL.

Wish we got more tidbits about what Anna is up to. It doesn't sound like she is back for revenge but is more a Sydnapper for hire.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

I like that the show is managing to keep the kidnapping plot a secret.

I really hope they can find a way to keep Anna around after this storyline.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

At least they're keeping Anna in character so far. She is a greedy bitch. I'm still hoping Tony is the one ultimately behind this.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Dec 16 2009, 08:51 PM.

kitkat
Member Avatar

boy that sounds interesting...
Edited by kitkat, Dec 16 2009, 09:34 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I am thrilled the ratings are up, and the stories are really awesome so far...and NBC's quote sounds positive!

Loved the secrecy behind Anna's return, and they still haven't hinted who she is working with...other than Roman and Stefano...so I am sure that it isn't either of them.

Thanks for posting this for us!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I love LeAnn. I like the Anna return. I am excited to see her.

Taelyn

Well .. when you think about Tony knew about Sydney.. So it would be great if he were involved.
She did mention "love or Money" Either one could point to Tony.. But I just dont see Thaao returning.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm glad to hear Hunley is sticking around some. It sounds as if Corday is cautiously optimistic about a Days renewal.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That's all they say about the show? I was expecting a big article and the how and why Days has succeeded this year.

Corday does sound cautious, which is smart after 2008 when he kept saying a renewal was coming and it took forever. For once, he didn't say anything stupid either.

Good stuff with Hunley. Curious as to how she hears from Roman and Stefano. That is interesting. I figured she had already been there longer then expected because she did say only a few days and we know this stuff has already played beyond the amount of scenes one may tape in a few days time.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 16 2009, 11:10 PM
That's all they say about the show? I was expecting a big article and the how and why Days has succeeded this year.
Not sure if you're really asking, but yes, that's it. Not even enough for its own thread, lol.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 16 2009, 11:48 PM
PhoenixRising05
Not sure if you're really asking, but yes, that's it. Not even enough for its own thread, lol.
LOL. I figured that was all. I was just surprised because it would've been an interesting read, even if I would've preferred Tomlin to be interviewed instead.

mysteryqueen

:) i love anna being back too bad she's playing a kidnapper

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

I LOVE that Anna is back too. She has always been one of my favorites, and her being the kidnapper makes me love her more. I can't wait to see how this plays out! OMG what if Tony really is alive?

As far as secret returns, ITA! It would be soooo great for Days to continue to do this. I think it will greatly help keep the show on the air.

shytstarter
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 16 2009, 11:51 PM
Ellie
Dec 16 2009, 11:48 PM
PhoenixRising05
LOL. I figured that was all. I was just surprised because it would've been an interesting read, even if I would've preferred Tomlin to be interviewed instead.
Has Tomlin ever done an interview since he has been with Days?

Is it strange that neither one of the named co-headwriters has given an interview? I think it is a safe bet that Higley has been completely spayed and has no real power, but it would be nice to here from someone besides KC who actually is involved in the day to day stuff and instrumental in shaping and telling story.

sungrey

Naa, I'd much rather have Corday do all the talking. Opens mouth, inserts foot. Gives us stuff to talk about. lol

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 16 2009, 08:35 PM
She says that no one at the studio knew either, except the costume designer, who figured it out from the shoe size he was given.
Maybe that's what this casting call was for?
Quote:

DAYS OF OUR LIVES (Actress -- MUST MATCH SIZES!)
Caucasian adult, any age, female actress needed and sizes need to be exact. Female shoe size 7 1/2, Skirt size 10, Suit Size 10, Blouse size 8 - 10 a woman's Medium. Height needs to be 5'5. Please do not submit if sizes are not exact...
UNDER FIVE; NO LINES
Perhaps they were looking for a person to play the mystery woman before Hunley was brought back.

Ellie

Kenny
Dec 17 2009, 03:53 PM
Ellie
Dec 16 2009, 08:35 PM
She says that no one at the studio knew either, except the costume designer, who figured it out from the shoe size he was given.
Maybe that's what this casting call was for?
Quote:

DAYS OF OUR LIVES (Actress -- MUST MATCH SIZES!)
Caucasian adult, any age, female actress needed and sizes need to be exact. Female shoe size 7 1/2, Skirt size 10, Suit Size 10, Blouse size 8 - 10 a woman's Medium. Height needs to be 5'5. Please do not submit if sizes are not exact...
UNDER FIVE; NO LINES
Perhaps they were looking for a person to play the mystery woman before Hunley was brought back.
Oh, interesting! That is SO funny because in the article, it said she's a 7 1/2 shoe size, and I was going to put that in my summary but I thought, nah, who really cares... lol guess I should have included it! I think you're right!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Well, it says "no lines"--doesn't that just mean a body double?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply