Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Carly declares her love to Bo!; Dec 29th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 09:09 PM (7,952 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features interviews with Peter Reckell, Crystal Chappell and Kristian Alfonso, and this week's SOW features an interview with Peter Reckell.

Bo tells Carly in detail that things are not going well with his marriage to Hope. Reckell says, "Carly's like the port in the storm during Bo's troubles with Hope." Carly is emotional after having remembered her Mayan wedding to Bo, and she tells Bo she's falling in love with him again. Chappell explains to SOD that Carly wasn't really planning to tell Bo this, but she just blurts it out after Bo says his marriage is over. Chappell continues, "I don't think [Carly] has any expectations of a relationship. She is totally just trying to be in the moment, which is, at this point, avoid her feelings for him."

Reckell says that while Carly opens up about her feelings, Bo doesn't. Instead, he tells Carly he'd rather not talk about it. However, Reckell says, "It's not right for [Bo] to say anything, but hopefully you'll see the underlying feelings he has for her."

Carly tries to leave, but Bo stops her. As Reckell explains, Bo "wants to be near her". They are about to kiss when Hope walks in to tell Bo that the Hortons want to have Christmas Eve festivities at Bo and Hope's house. Carly leaves quickly and Hope sees that she's interrupted something, but Bo tells her it was nothing.

Once Bo and Hope are alone, she asks him what's going on. Reckell explains, "Bo wants to hug Hope and kiss her, but it's not right. It's an emotional struggle."

However, Bo does agree to host Christmas Eve at his home. Reckell explains, "Doug and Julie are there. Mrs. Horton is in the kitchen. Maggie shows up.. they're all trying to get Bo and Hope back together." Bo tells everyone he appreciates their efforts, "but he just doesn't think they're going to have a Christmas miracle this year."

Bo decides to step out for a few moments to take a walk. Reckell explains that Bo can't be with Carly, which would be "nice and relaxed and simple", but he can't be with Hope either, because "Hope's family is making it uncomfortable for him." Alfonso says, "Bo walks out of the house and Hope walks out after him. She knows that she's losing him and she says to him, 'I wish we could go back. If this was a movie, you would wrap your arms around me and tell me it was going to be okay.' And he basically says, 'But it's not' and walks off." Alfonso says Hope "crumbles" and realizes things are over between them; she's upset that Bo "doesn't seem to have any remorse or empathy or guilt about what's taking place."

Reckell tells SOW that everyone is making Bo out to be the bad guy, "and Bo is like... I'm not the bad guy. Hope's the one who moved out."

As for Bo's future with Carly, Chappell says that she likes the way Peter's put it, that Carly "was more of an adult love" for Bo, because she came later in his life when they were "both starting over". Chappell says that's what's happening here too. "They find themselves in the same position of being at a crossroads and where do they go?"

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Whoa. I can't believe they are really going there with a possibility for Bo and Carly. I wish Hope had someone to comfort her besides Justin. Jupe or whatever just does nothing for me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daisy132

I can see them going with Bo and Carly, but we all know it's all for nothing because Bope are the show's supercouple. Both Bo and Carly are on the rebound - it won't be permanent.

Ellie

I haven't been following too closely, so someone please correct me if we've heard otherwise, but does this mean no Horton house set for the holidays? Wow.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Wow. So is this really "it" for Bo and Hope or will they be back in each other's arms by New Year's Eve? As happy as I am that this story is finally moving forward, I find it hard to believe that Bo and Hope will be apart for more than a week or two, LoL.

Anyway, this sounds pretty good. I'm really looking forward to all these scenes -- especially the ones with Peter and Kristian. My only complaint is that we won't get to see the Horton house for Christmas this year. Couldn't they at least drag that set out for just one day?! It's such a crock. They can build a set for the kidnapper and a living room set for Mickey and Maggie, but they can't bring out the Horton set for Christmas? Such a crock.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

This sounds like it could be a really great triangle, but I'm shocked that Hope sounds like the odd woman out.

Ellie

Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 09:21 PM
My only complaint is that we won't get to see the Horton house for Christmas this year. Couldn't they at least drag that set out for just one day?! It's such a crock. They can build a set for the kidnapper and a living room set for Mickey and Maggie, but they can't bring out the Horton set for Christmas? Such a crock.
Ok sounds like I was right haha. What Kenny said.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I like it! I enjoy Bo and Carly, but everyone knows Bope want be apart for too long.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

IMissAremid
Dec 16 2009, 09:15 PM
Whoa. I can't believe they are really going there with a possibility for Bo and Carly. I wish Hope had someone to comfort her besides Justin. Jupe or whatever just does nothing for me.
I agree. I don't see anything between Justin and Hope.

This sounds decent. Thanks, Ellie!

peaches179

This actually sounds pretty good. Thanks Ellie!

Mason

I can (grudgingly) buy that Carly has renewed feelings for Bo. OK. What I can't swallow is that Bo returns those feelings, regardless of his situation with Hope. I do look forward to the scenes between Bo and Hope, though.

And I too am upset that we won't be seeing the Horton house for Christmas this year.

kitkat
Member Avatar

This actually sounds like I will watch certain scenes I'm with BO, this is not his fault and do not care to see her family blame him. Now the Bo, Carly scenes sound okay, he needs to go to his mom's.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Sounds awesome! Watching Bo and Carly, I agree that it is more of an adult kind of love.
Weird that Hope wants Bo to feel more guilt...the dude didn't do anything wrong...why guilt? She is the one that right when things get a bit rocky, packs up the kid and hightails it out!

I am surprised that they would do this to Bope, but I am ready for them to have a break and get different material for a bit...but I am sure it won't last long.

peaches179

Alligato
Dec 16 2009, 09:41 PM
I am surprised that they would do this to Bope, but I am ready for them to have a break and get different material for a bit...but I am sure it won't last long.
I know. That's why I'm not getting invested in this storyline because we all know what's going to happen. :shame:

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Not liking Bo with Carly one little bit.

kabre
Member Avatar

Looking forward to the Bo/Carly scenes!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alligato
Dec 16 2009, 09:41 PM
She is the one that right when things get a bit rocky, packs up the kid and hightails it out!
I just don't understand Hope. She wants to throw her tantrums and leave Bo high and dry for the stupidest reasons, but at the same time she expects him to put his own life on hold and kiss her ass until she finally decides to grow up and go back home. You can't have your cake and eat it too, bitch!

lastDays
Member Avatar

I hate what the writers are doing to Bo and Hope.In my opinion,Bo is behaving like a turd..If he gives in to his feelngs for Carly,he is no better than what some people think Daniel is

six
Member Avatar

TFP.

If I knew for sure that barly was a real possibility I could get more invested in this story.

Xmas at Bope's just won't be the same. :shame:

karmakatch63

Mason
Dec 16 2009, 09:36 PM
I can (grudgingly) buy that Carly has renewed feelings for Bo. OK. What I can't swallow is that Bo returns those feelings, regardless of his situation with Hope. I do look forward to the scenes between Bo and Hope, though.

And I too am upset that we won't be seeing the Horton house for Christmas this year.
Why? Bo loved Carly deeply. Hope has been treating Bo like a piece of trash for a long while now. She never lets him forget his flaws. She blames him for everything and always assumes the worst. This is not new. Hope has been doing this to Bo since the return from Aremid.

So here's a man who is being blamed by everyone for Hope's decision to move out. Here's a man who has been beaten down and suddenly here is a woman who he loved deeply, who loved him and is now soothing his ego. I don't see it as a stretch at all.

Maybe GT is not into KC's "endgame/supercouple" scenario which I think has hurt the show. Seriously, how many times can the damsel in distress stories work. For J/M, for S/K, for B/H that's all there was left..over the top, silly gimmicks to create craziness where one of them needed to be rescued.
Finally, here is a real story about love not being enough.
Hope cannot get past the blame game. Nothing Bo does will ever stop that. Realism. Time for a new chapter.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply