Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Philip proposes to Melanie!; Dec 29th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 09:31 PM (4,029 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW each feature an interview with Molly Burnett.

Originally, Melanie and Philip were going to ignore Christmas and go on vacation. Burnett tells SOW this is "because of their messed-up families and upbringings. It's not like the happy Horton family."

However, Philip then changes his mind, and he decides to surprise Melanie. He puts a blindfold on her, and Burnett explains that when the blindfold comes off, "she's in this cute little inn and it's all decorated for Christmas." Burnett says this is "magical" for Melanie, since this is what she realliy wanted, and Philip somehow knew that.

Then Philip proposes, but Melanie is caught off guard. Burnett says, "Melanie's young, marriage is scary, and she is definitely not expecting this."

Melanie accepts the proposal after asking Philip if he's sure this is what he wants. He tells her he wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

The next day, Melanie has to go into work, so Philip goes to the Kiriakis house to tell everyone the news. However, at the hospital, Nathan sees Melanie's ring. Burnett tells SOD, "She misses Nathan, but she's so in love with Philip."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 16 2009, 09:31 PM
He tells her he wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

Burnett tells SOD, "She misses Nathan, but she's so in love with Philip."
What a joke, LoL. Do they really think we're buying this shit?

Thanks Ellie!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Hey I saw the scenes being taped and even I find it hard to swallow!

peaches179

:eyeroll: Thanks, Ellie!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Why marriage? There has to be some reason behind all of this. I don't buy that these two are in love and ready to settle down so quickly...must be another agenda? Maybe having to do with Carly?

Thanks for typing it up?

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 09:33 PM
Ellie

Thanks Ellie!
ICAM!

My only hope is that Nathan stops that poxy wedding.

I've still got the hives that broke out at the thought of Steph as Mel's bridesmaid at her ex-fiancee's wedding. Ridiculous!

Mason
Member Avatar

All that I could think in my head while I was reading this was 'my ass'...

Ana75
Member Avatar

This is BS! I hope Nathan stops this freakin ceremony!!

kitkat
Member Avatar

I think her brain says Nathan, and her hormones say Philip...

Red Mist
Member Avatar

ISH!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Maybe they should try a date first.

More stupid shit from Higley.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Dec 16 2009, 10:10 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

BalscoFan5
Dec 16 2009, 10:08 PM
Maybe they should try a date first.

More stupid shit from Higley.
Higley has like no power anymore so you should probably blame Whitesell and Tomlin LOL. I guess you can blame her too since her name is still under HW though :laugh: .

Anyway, this sounds good. Thanks for posting.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Marriage is kind of a hard pill to swallow with these two. Way too soon.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 09:33 PM
Ellie

Thanks Ellie!
I'm pretty sure the mantra at Days is, "If we say it often enough, eventually the audience will start to believe it."

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sariah
Dec 16 2009, 11:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the mantra at Days is, "If we say it often enough, eventually the audience will start to believe it."
Well it's not working.

I mean, I get what the writers are trying to do with this. They're trying to get all their ducks in a row for this big "umbrella" Carly story. Breaking up Bo and Hope... getting Carly's secret daughter hitched to the Kiriakis heir and the "son" of Vivian... etc. This story will involve half the town just like the baby switch. It's their next big tale. However, they should've started building this Phillip/Melanie romance months ago if they were planning to marry them in January. It's just too rushed.

liverlips123

Hmmm, mI wonder if he gave her the same ring he gave Stephanie?

cassie1013

Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 11:53 PM
Sariah
Well it's not working.

I mean, I get what the writers are trying to do with this. They're trying to get all their ducks in a row for this big "umbrella" Carly story. Breaking up Bo and Hope... getting Carly's secret daughter hitched to the Kiriakis heir and the "son" of Vivian... etc. This story will involve half the town just like the baby switch. It's their next big tale. However, they should've started building this Phillip/Melanie romance months ago if they were planning to marry them in January. It's just too rushed.
Well, I think they realized that and regretted it, so unfortunately, Philip and Melanie are being thrown under the bus (in a sense) for the greater story of all the other parties involved...mainly, Vivian vs. Carly, Vivian vs. Kate, I'm sure Carly and Kate will start hating each other somewhere in there, too...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

cassie1013
Dec 17 2009, 12:05 AM
Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 11:53 PM
Sariah
Well it's not working.

Well, I think they realized that and regretted it, so unfortunately, Philip and Melanie are being thrown under the bus (in a sense) for the greater story of all the other parties involved...mainly, Vivian vs. Carly, Vivian vs. Kate, I'm sure Carly and Kate will start hating each other somewhere in there, too...
While I think it still works out, I do think it did not go the way it should have.

They took a bit too long to implode Melanie and Nathan. If they had done that around early November, it may have been better.

I do think it works based on both characters and who they are and such but, yes, it could've been done better. I don't expect this wedding until early February and I just feel like it won't even happen. I think the wedding is only happening as a backdrop to other things but we'll see.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Watching Melanie and Philip make out is like watching 15 year old Melissa Gilbert make out with 25+ Dean Butler. Except in this case, the show isn't OBLIGATED to go through with it because there is no real life marriage to look back on. And before anyone tries to remind me, I'm aware technically Melanie is not underage, but for this Philip fan who wanted to watch JKJ dive into meatier, darker and certainly more MATURE roles, having him get married to a teenager pretty much kisses that dream goodbye.

strawberry1971

OneBadKitty
Dec 16 2009, 09:34 PM
Hey I saw the scenes being taped and even I find it hard to swallow!
What do you do there? Can you tell us or have you told us in the past and I just missed it?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply