Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stephen Nichols Cast as Y&R's Tucker!; William Russ OUT!
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 10:39 PM (4,159 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Y&R Shocker: Stephen Nichols Replaces William Russ

That was fast. Actor William Russ, who hit The Young and the Restless December 2 as the Donald Trump-esque jillionaire Tucker McCall, has been ousted from the role and replaced by Days of Our Lives great Stephen Nichols (Patch). Nichols was due to begin taping December 17 and will appear on air January 27. The Y&R execs have kept their statements brief. Co-exec producer/head writer Maria Arena Bell says: “William Russ is a talented actor and we enjoyed working with him. However, we decided to take the character in another direction.” Adds co-exec producer Paul Rauch: “[Russ] did a wonderful job while he was here.”

Why the switch? Here’s my thought: Russ, known for his recurring roles on Boston Legal and The Ex List, has been giving a performance that seems strong enough, but it may be that the soap needed more superstar luster because Tucker will eventually be revealed to have a shocking (and we do mean shocking!) connection to a major (and we do mean major!) denizen of Genoa City. Check back here soon for an exclusive interview with Nichols.

Source: TV Guide
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I actually liked William Russ in the role. I wonder if the "other direction" was somehow dictated by Eric Braeden feeling threatened by William Russ in the role. I could have actually seen Russ and Braeden going toe to toe as business adversaries. I like Stephen Nichols and all but I'm not sure I could see him and Jess Walton fitting together as well as she has with Russ. Of course the "new direction" could be away from Jill too and I was so glad that they had finally put Jill/Jess in a pairing that seemed to actually have potential.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I couldn't be happier about this. Something about William Russ as Tucker just creeped me out, LoL. Especially in his scenes with Jess Walton. Ick!

Hopefully Y&R will give him some good stuff to work with.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Wow, good for him!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

This is who they wanted for the role originally. I wonder why Stephen finally gave in?
Quote Post Goto Top

Sherry S.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!! I could not be happier!!!!!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Every time Tucker was on screen I was thinking he was still the dad from Boy Meets World.

But I really wish Stephen Nichols was going back to GH to inject some life into the Cassadines instead of Y&R. I just can't see Stephen Nichols as a businessman at all, but he is a good actor so I'm sure he'll do everything he can to make it work.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 10:47 PM
I couldn't be happier about this. Something about William Russ as Tucker just creeped me out, LoL. Especially in his scenes with Jess Walton. Ick!

Hopefully Y&R will give him some good stuff to work with.
What creeped you out about about Russ as Tucker and his scenes with Jess Walton?

I'm happy for Stephen Nichols that he's found work though and if the speculation out there is right he certainly looks like he could be related to "someone".

esp13
Member Avatar

Yay! for Stephen. I guess this means I'll have to start watching Y&R again. Hmm.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 16 2009, 10:52 PM
Every time Tucker was on screen I was thinking he was still the dad from Boy Meets World.

But I really wish Stephen Nichols was going back to GH to inject some life into the Cassadines instead of Y&R. I just can't see Stephen Nichols as a businessman at all, but he is a good actor so I'm sure he'll do everything he can to make it work.
Him being older and having the salt and pepper hair helped me forget him as "Mr. Matthews" somewhat. I've seen him on other stuff since then so that also helped too.

Kenny
Member Avatar

¤ Rhi ¤
What creeped you out about about Russ as Tucker and his scenes with Jess Walton?
I don't know. There's just something about him that was creepy to me. I'm not sure why, because I always thought he was cute on "Boy Meets World," LoL.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 10:55 PM
¤ Rhi ¤
I don't know. There's just something about him that was creepy to me. I'm not sure why, because I always thought he was cute on "Boy Meets World," LoL.
He was also younger on Boy Meets World so that may have something to do with it too..... ;)

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I like Stephen Nichols, but so far, this Tucker character is completely boring and useless. I didn't think Russ had any chemistry with Walton either, maybe Nichols will.

But whatever, none of it means anything if the writing isn't there, and for Y&R, it really isn't there these days.

This writing regime's attempt at a business storyline is hallow and laughable.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Dec 16 2009, 10:58 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

I guess I'm the only one who liked Walton & Russ together.... :laugh:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

What a coincidence. Amello knows what I'm talking about. ;)

I'm excited to see Nichols back on my screen. I can't wait to see if he and Walton share chemistry.

Hopefully, the new Malcolm will turn out to be a flop and we can get someone more suited for that role as well.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I think he'll hit it out of the ballpark opposite EB and PB. YEAH!!

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

OMG...I just had a horrible...well maybe not horrible...thought! If they put Tucker and Phyllis togeter, would they call them "PHUCKER?"

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I think we all know who he is "related" to, this is completely predictable and boring...

I certainly didn't need them to tap into that angle. :hmmph:

I mean, certainly it isn't any coincidence that Jill is having Paul track down Katherine's lost "daughter" right now. This daughter may just as well be a son. I'm betting on it.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Dec 16 2009, 11:13 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I really think this is an inspired move. Stephen Nichols isn't your typical Y&R business-tycoon male and that's exactly what's going to make him stand out -- in a good way, IMO. I can also see him having loads of chemistry with Michelle Stafford, so let's hope they pair her and Tucker up, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Dec 16 2009, 11:12 PM
OMG...I just had a horrible...well maybe not horrible...thought! If they put Tucker and Phyllis togeter, would they call them "PHUCKER?"
LoL, how random! I just got through posting that Y&R should pair up Phyllis and Tucker because I think Nichols and Stafford would have great chemistry.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply