Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stephen Nichols Cast as Y&R's Tucker!; William Russ OUT!
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 10:39 PM (4,277 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Dec 16 2009, 11:12 PM
I think we all know who he is "related" to, this is completely predictable and boring...

I certainly didn't need them to tap into that angle. :hmmph:

I mean, certainly it isn't any coincidence that Jill is having Paul track down Katherine's lost "daughter" right now. This daughter may just as well be a son. I'm betting on it.
Well... yeah. Was there ever any doubt? LoL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I wanted Katherine's lost spawn dead. If this is how they're going to tie him into the show, I don't think it will go over too well with many fans.

It seems like every time Katherine and Jill get a damn story on this show, it involves a DNA fiasco somehow...

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm happy for Nichols and can't wait to see what he brings to the role of Tucker.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think this is both a good and a bad move.

It's good in that I feel he's a better actor and could stand out. He would also have great chemistry with actresses like Stafford, Case, and Walton.

The bad is that Russ actually suited the character but maybe they are going to change the character quite a bit. SN will do his best to suit Tucker but I just worry about him standing out for the wrong reasons. We'll see.

Now, can we get a Malcolm recast?

DeeDee
RIP GL

FINALLY TPTB make a good casting decision.

DeeDee
RIP GL

Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 11:13 PM
I really think this is an inspired move. Stephen Nichols isn't your typical Y&R business-tycoon male and that's exactly what's going to make him stand out -- in a good way, IMO. I can also see him having loads of chemistry with Michelle Stafford, so let's hope they pair her and Tucker up, LoL.
She has more chemistry with Kanan.

Nichols & Walton should be dynamite.

Sherry S.

Stephen Nichols would have chemistry with a phone book!!! I am thrilled beyond words!!!

Daytime
Member Avatar

I will always love my Phick no matter what, but Stephen and Michelle would have awesome chemistry. I am all over the place, heck, I even like SK and MS chemistry.

Maybe, I just love Michelle Stafford! LOL
Edited by Daytime, Dec 16 2009, 11:42 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Rhi
Dec 16 2009, 11:04 PM
I guess I'm the only one who liked Walton & Russ together.... :laugh:
No, I was liking him too.

I'm a bit disapointed with this news. Nichols is a good actor, but I'm seriously sick of seeing the same people bounce around from soap to soap. The fresh blood was nice.

cassie1013

Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 10:55 PM
Rhi
Dec 16 2009, 10:52 PM
What creeped you out about about Russ as Tucker and his scenes with Jess Walton?
I don't know. There's just something about him that was creepy to me. I'm not sure why, because I always thought he was cute on "Boy Meets World," LoL.
OMG - that's where he's from. WEIRD!

Anyway... I find this odd news. Well, good for Nichols, I guess. And I think he's going to be Katherine's son. Sick, though, that Jill already tapped that shit (right? haven't been watching)...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It is funny how Y&R seems to like casting from the 90's sitcom talent pool.

Bryton and McClary from Family Matters. Russ from Boy Meets World. Who knows who may be next? :laugh:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DeeDee
Dec 16 2009, 11:25 PM
Kenny
Dec 16 2009, 11:13 PM
I really think this is an inspired move. Stephen Nichols isn't your typical Y&R business-tycoon male and that's exactly what's going to make him stand out -- in a good way, IMO. I can also see him having loads of chemistry with Michelle Stafford, so let's hope they pair her and Tucker up, LoL.
She has more chemistry with Kanan.

Yeah, I normally hate Phyllis but if they really went there with Phyllis and Deacon I could enjoy it. Phick is the suck for me and I don't think I would enjoy Phucker either.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 17 2009, 12:27 AM
It is funny how Y&R seems to like casting from the 90's sitcom talent pool.

Bryton and McClary from Family Matters. Russ from Boy Meets World. Who knows who may be next? :laugh:
The 90s ABC TGIF sitcom pool to be exact.

So I'm kind of expecting the guy who played Balky from Perfect Strangers or Lori Loughlin or Dave Coulier from Full House to show up next. Oh and if Jamie Luner wound up on Y&R, she was on the Growing Pains spin-off sitcom "Just the Ten of Us." :D

DeeDee
RIP GL

Quote:

So I'm kind of expecting the guy who played Balky from Perfect Strangers

Been there done that. lol

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

LOL!!!! How did I miss Bronson Pinchot's turn on Y&R? That's so fucking HILARIOUS!!!

Bremol
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 16 2009, 11:56 PM
Rhi
Dec 16 2009, 11:04 PM
I guess I'm the only one who liked Walton & Russ together.... :laugh:
No, I was liking him too.

I'm a bit disapointed with this news. Nichols is a good actor, but I'm seriously sick of seeing the same people bounce around from soap to soap. The fresh blood was nice.
I was liking him, too.

I was also thinking that he would turn out to be Kay's son since I remembered the interview where JC hinted that her child may not have been a daughter (read it here I believe).

DeeDee
RIP GL

IMissAremid
Dec 17 2009, 01:04 AM
LOL!!!! How did I miss Bronson Pinchot's turn on Y&R? That's so fucking HILARIOUS!!!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Awww. That was really cute. Maybe Bronson turned out OK so that's what had them going back to the ABC sitcom well?

Shylock

Any rumors on who he's supposed to be connected to? Preferably in spoiler tags so that people who don't wish to be spoiled won't be. =P

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Dec 17 2009, 01:37 AM
Awww. That was really cute. Maybe Bronson turned out OK so that's what had them going back to the ABC sitcom well?
He was also on AW for a little bit too in the late 90's. I forgot who he played...someone related to Carl, I think. I know he was involved with Amanda, Cameron, Gary, and Josie and helped bring about Josie and Cameron's affair.

LMAO to the sitcom actors and actresses you mentioned. I LOVE Lori Loughlin and would love to see her back on soaps again so her turning up on Y&R would be a good casting decision for me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply