Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stephen Nichols Cast as Y&R's Tucker!; William Russ OUT!
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 10:39 PM (4,266 Views)
mysteryqueen

I'm sorry about William Russ l.osing his job but let's give Stephen a chance
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SteveKaylaFan

I am soooo excited about this. I saw some of William Russ as the character and he just didn't do anything for me as the character. I couldn't stop thinking that he was Mr. Matthews of Boy Meets World. I totally love SN and I think he's going to rock in this role.

sungrey

There's a reason why Y&R is No. 1, and this is it. What a casting coup!

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I enjoy Lori Loughlin a lot on 90210 these days and always loved her on Edge of Night with Jody and Preacher.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I liked him, he reminded me of Colombo.
Ditto on the Malcolm replacement.

six
Member Avatar

Rhi
Dec 16 2009, 11:04 PM
I guess I'm the only one who liked Walton & Russ together.... :laugh:
I liked them, too.

This'll be my first time seeing SN without the eye patch.

Reisling

Amello
Dec 16 2009, 10:50 PM
This is who they wanted for the role originally. I wonder why Stephen finally gave in?
Did they really? It seems that he did try out for it but didn't get it? I wonder why if they wanted Stephen all along why he wouldn't take it? Maybe the interview coming up will let us know.

I think this is a good casting scoop for Y&R. It will be interesting to see him in the roll and what he can do with it. I hope it is different than Steve from Days which it sounds like it will be. Maybe he will make the character as a Stefan/Steve hybrid.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Yay, I cannot wait to watch Stephen! Congrats to him.

pikki123
Member Avatar

okay good news with the casting, all we need now is a new directiion with the writers and producers fire they all.

SAmstl

Excellent news!! Stephen Nichols adds a spark to any role he is given. He is a true actor. I think he is PERFECT for this role in many ways! He will be super hot in this role and add a wonderful dynamic to the show! As a former Days fan, this just confirms all the reasons why Y&R has generated my attention lately! I am so excited to become a daily viewer. Y&R is where it is at!!!

MEK
Member Avatar

Braeden should feel threatened by the hiring of Nichols who was a super star while he was on Days. The show could be viewing Nichols as someone who could pull the rug out from under Braeden. When EB was throwing his hissy fits about coming back to Y&R Nichols was one of the names mentioned the show was considering bringing on. So maybe despite re-signing EB the show is still planning have another male character take over from Victor.

Kenny
Member Avatar

MEK
Dec 17 2009, 03:41 PM
Braeden should feel threatened by the hiring of Nichols who was a super star while he was on Days. The show could be viewing Nichols as someone who could pull the rug out from under Braeden. When EB was throwing his hissy fits about coming back to Y&R Nichols was one of the names mentioned the show was considering bringing on. So maybe despite re-signing EB the show is still planning have another male character take over from Victor.
As much as I would like to see the rug pulled out from under Eric/Victor, I'm not sure if Stephen Nichols will be popular enough with Y&R fans to do that. Hell, he wasn't even popular enough with Days fans and that's where he was considered a superstar, LoL.

He's a great actor, but to many Y&R fans he's going to be "just another new face."

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Nah, they learned their lesson. When Victor and Nikki left the ratings immediately fell in the toilet. The show is not the same without those two. I don't think there's any taking over for Victor. I just hope when V&N return they get true frontburner stories instead of playing second fiddle to other people as they did all year.

MEK
Member Avatar

The ratings did not fall when Braeden waddled off. Y&R's ratings were at around 3.5 for the last few months. They went up or down a point or so but they averaged out at 3.5. Which is what they have basically remained during EB's absence. I am a huge MTS fan and do think she unlike EB is an asset to the show. But even so MTS' absence did not negatively impact the ratings. And neither did EB's despite what he claimed in his hissy fit interviews.

The show's ratings reached 4.1 last year at the height of the Katherine story line.

MEK
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 17 2009, 03:45 PM
MEK
Dec 17 2009, 03:41 PM
As much as I would like to see the rug pulled out from under Eric/Victor, I'm not sure if Stephen Nichols will be popular enough with Y&R fans to do that. Hell, he wasn't even popular enough with Days fans and that's where he was considered a superstar, LoL.

He's a great actor, but to many Y&R fans he's going to be "just another new face."
There you go Kenny bursting my bubble. LOL! Weren't Patch and someone named I think Kayla a supercouple on Days?

Kenny
Member Avatar

MEK
Dec 17 2009, 04:20 PM
There you go Kenny bursting my bubble. LOL! Weren't Patch and someone named I think Kayla a supercouple on Days?
Yeah, but that was back in the 80's. When they came back to the show a few years ago, they weren't nearly as popular with fans.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

MEK
Dec 17 2009, 04:20 PM
The ratings did not fall when Braeden waddled off.
This part is just to funny.... :laugh:

DeeDee
RIP GL

Kenny
Dec 17 2009, 03:45 PM
Nichols is in trouble cause Maria is gonna pair him with Judith & Judith ruins everything.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Sherry S.
Dec 16 2009, 10:51 PM
Yes, yes, yes!!!!! I could not be happier!!!!!
Same here. I will have to watch Y&R now.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Hogan Sheffer must be really pleased - one could tell SN/Steve was one of his favourites at DAYS. I'd expect him frontburner a lot at Y&R until EB gets jealous.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply