Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for wk of December 21st; It's time for some Christmas miracles in Salem.
Topic Started: Dec 18 2009, 05:06 PM (2,017 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The promo person said in Twitter that the Christmas and New Year's promos would both be 30 seconds so I was looking forward to them.

Good promo. I like how we saw more then one story and got a glimpse into the Christmas party at the hospital and the vigil. the vigil look so emotional and it almost makes me wish we didn't get the Anna twist and Sydney was returned as part of a miracle. Notice I said "almost" because I really think this Anna thing will be great.

It all looks so good. Also, the sneak peek is up for Monday. I have trouble embedding so I will just post the link but it's a great Bo/Carly scene (that follows the EJ/Sami/Rafe stuff) and it's CC's best scene since returning IMO. I love that Bo calls her "princess" and it's just such a good scene that explains how Carly has been feeling. I also love using the old Santeen/J&M music from last year for them. It fits.

Here is the link: 12/21/09 Sneak Peek

lene
Member Avatar

Can't see it.
Can anyone upload to YT? :)

Kenny
Member Avatar

Eh... kind of a boring promo for Christmas week.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

If only EJ would give Sami a lil' shove off of the Stairs of Death....problem solved. Actually, it all looks rather sappy, but good for the holidays.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Looking forward to seeing the Bo/Carly scenes! :wub: Thanks for posting!

Sarah
Member Avatar

lene
Dec 18 2009, 05:15 PM
Can't see it.
Can anyone upload to YT? :)
upload, to youtube

oldschoolfan

What the hell is wrong with Philip?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Dec 18 2009, 06:08 PM
If only EJ would give Sami a lil' shove off of the Stairs of Death....problem solved. Actually, it all looks rather sappy, but good for the holidays.
OMG...I LOVE IT! YES!! OH PLEASE!!!

The pier looks so tiny with all the people of Salem, or should I say the Bradys?! Oh the engagement is just SO WRONG on so many levels! I just no champagne toast since the bride's not legal!LOL

Thanks for posting!

jane1978

The promo looks good but why oh why canīt DAYS hire someone less fake for the voice over. He sounds like some creep trying to lure little girls in his van. Just so cheesy and smooth-tongued.

Well, Iīm looking more forward to the New Year promo anyway. Christmas is usually nice and slow and full of family moments, but New Year is where the drama kicks in and the buildup towards February starts.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I'm suprised the show remembered Abe and Lexie.

lysie
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Dec 18 2009, 07:25 PM
mer4santo
Dec 18 2009, 06:08 PM
OMG...I LOVE IT! YES!! OH PLEASE!!!

The pier looks so tiny with all the people of Salem, or should I say the Bradys?! Oh the engagement is just SO WRONG on so many levels! I just no champagne toast since the bride's not legal!LOL

Thanks for posting!
There really aren't that many Brady's anymore, are there?

My computer doesn't have sound anymore/right now, so I didn't get the full effect. Or even a quarter of the effect. Is Sami supposed to be crying? She had gotten slightly better, but if that's what she's doing it doesn't come across...without sound (which usually makes it better). Are those the BOPE scenes we got today? I've been in denial about that engagement. I think I'll stay there.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm really not into that promo at all.

First of all, why must the show keep styling Molly Burnett to look like a teenager? I could probably count on my one hand the episodes where Melanie looked mature enough and her scenes with Philip didn't come off creepy. Those are the scenes that made me consider Philip and Melanie as a couple. But for some reason, the show won't capitalize on that and continue to dress Melanie like in the promo. It just makes Philip come off as creepy. Anyone that doesn't watch the show and is watching NBC would probably wonder why this grown ass man is asking a 16 year old to marry him. Creeeeeeepppyyyyy!

And I wish they didn't feature Anna in the promo. Is she a villain? What's her motive? I totally understood the reason to keep who the kidnapper was a secret, but I feel like her motive should be revealed asap. Otherwise, she comes off as a villain and I don't think that's the case here.

slayer2
Member Avatar

Thanks so much for posting the promo! Yay I am so thrilled about Phelanie and I love that DOOL is doing old school promos revving up the interest I think that necessity is indeed the mother of invention! Cut the budget and get better stories! Who knew! Drew....

Quote:

First of all, why must the show keep styling Molly Burnett to look like a teenager? I could probably count on my one hand the episodes where Melanie looked mature enough and her scenes with Philip didn't come off creepy. Those are the scenes that made me consider Philip and Melanie as a couple. But for some reason, the show won't capitalize on that and continue to dress Melanie like in the promo. It just makes Philip come off as creepy. Anyone that doesn't watch the show and is watching NBC would probably wonder why this grown ass man is asking a 16 year old to marry him. Creeeeeeepppyyyyy!

This is kinda funny, and I agree, I've been shipping Phelanie like crazy and they are my favourite couple in years but here's to hoping that after the wedding Vivian hooks her up with a new wardrobe huh! Not such a big deal the drinking thing as in Canada our legal limit is 18 in Quebec and 19 in Ontario so no big! But much word on the threads, I do think Aunty Viv will step in though in all manner of ways, feel free to ship on lol!

cassie1013

Melanie IS styled like a teeny bopper here, completely agree. Bad look all around.

And GAG to everyone around Saint Sami...

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

jane1978
Dec 18 2009, 07:50 PM
He sounds like some creep trying to lure little girls in his van.
:lol:

It's funny cause it's true.

This looks like a good and sappy holiday promo. I just wish they had somehow not cut it off so weird at the end with Sami's breathing.

Also, LOL at them not only using the pier for this vigil scene complete with Tony death stairs but having Sami stand ON Tony's death stairs while appealing to Anna to return her baby.

Melanie's ring looks ugly, but I don't think she's styled like a teenybopper. I mean I'm several years out of my teens, but do teens nowadays really wear checkered blazers? I mean it's not as adult as in say those really fun promo pics that Phil and Mel had a while back with her holding his tie, but I don't think it's that bad.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't think Melanie's look is bad either.

I think her look is fine. Frankly, I doubt many people offline or outside of message boards even give a damn about her age or how young she looks. That isn't to say that I don't think the show should just age her to 21 just to end this issue because I think that is a good idea but I just don't see an issue. Philip is a creep and Jay is even playing it like he is one. This is the same guy that was an obsessive maniac at times with Chloe in high school and look at his behavior during his relationship with Belle. Maybe that is why I have no problem with this. I've always seen Philip as this sleazy, immature jerk while others holds him up to some sort of high standard.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 19 2009, 01:17 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 19 2009, 12:55 AM
Melanie's ring looks ugly, but I don't think she's styled like a teenybopper. I mean I'm several years out of my teens, but do teens nowadays really wear checkered blazers?
Yes, they do, if they want to class it up a bit. And it's not just that outfit. All of her outfits seem like the come from Limited Too, LOL!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Much better promo than we've had in a while, IMO. A little boring, but the length is intriguing. Christmas at the hospital looks great ... love that tradition.

I still wish Phillip wouldn't rush into marriage so soon ... such a fool. I'm sure Melanie won't decline, so whatever ... let them do as they please.

Bradyclan

awful xmas promo. Not a good look for Mel, at all. They are just destroying Phil's character. Phelanie is creepy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply