Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]



Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOAPnet's "Best of 2009!"
Topic Started: Dec 18 2009, 06:11 PM (961 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar


Best of 2009: Days of our Lives

We remember the last 12 drama-stuffed months in Salem.

Most Welcome Presence

Maggie Horton, as portrayed by Suzanne Rogers, has been a great influence on the good folks of Salem all year. We may make fun of her uncanny ability to overhear the wrong conversations... but we love her for it. And the fact that Days is using Suzanne -- a vet on the show since 1973 -- so much lately makes us love the show even more.

Biggest "Wait, Where Did You Go?"

You guys, seriously. We love these Patch and Kayla, and in February 2009 they just... disappeared. They'd returned to Salem in 2006 after a long sabbatical, and Kayla even had a baby in 2008. We would LOVE to see them back -- Stephanie could've used her dad around when she was kidnapped!

Strangest Imprisonment

You remember Steph's kidnapping, right? Where that bizarre (but hot) gardener Owen took her hostage and hid her in a morgue? And Philip pretended to be a corpse to try and save her? Yeah, that was kinda creepy.

Best Character Rehab

Remember when Melanie was a total beeyotch? We do. And now -- despite giving Carly some sarcastic lip recently -- she's actually, well... kinda cool and fun. Total 180, right? We wonder if her burgeoning relationship with Philip will last through '10...

Saddest Exit

Don't even get us started. When (a now paraplegic) John and Marlena reunited, and decided to permanently leave Salem to seek treatment for John in Switzerland, it was one of the saddest moments in our Days-viewing life. JOLENA 4EVA!!

Best Undercover Birth

We don't know about you, but we hear about people (like Sami) giving birth while in the Witness Protection Program (after seeing a murder) all the time. And in a convent, of course. Where else? The irony of this picture is that the baby Sami is holding really isn't hers. If only she knew that then...

Best Baby Switch Made for All the Wrong Reasons

Speaking of Sami's baby, it took almost all year -- but Nicole finally got hers for taking Mia's baby, swapping it with Sami's, and passing it off as her own. Sydney had it OK there for a while... but now she's in a stranger's hands! We hope '10 sees a true reunion for Sami and Sydney... and EJ?

Best Use of Poisoned Bon-Bons

Kate was so angry that Chloe cheated on her son Lucas with the handsome Dr. Daniel that she took some delicious candies, filled them with POISON, and fed them to her. Natch. Daniel saved his beloved's life, but Kate hasn't gotten her comeuppance... yet. We adore Kate, especially because she's so rational.

Best Rivalry

THE rivalry in Salem, for time immemorial, is between the Kiriakis and DiMera families. It came to a(nother) head earlier this year when Victor held Stefano hostage. We hope these two clans never get along, because the show wouldn't be nearly as fun! And we love that the next generation -- Phillip and EJ -- are continuing the rivalry.

Best Mel Gibson in "Ransom" Impersonation

Bo and Hope went ballistic (and rightly so) when someone kidnapped their daughter Ciara -- turns out, it was a cop named Dean who worked with them! Bo wanted to enact his own kind of justice in this case, which caused strife with Hope -- strife that continues in their marriage to this day.

Best Return, Pt. 1

It was big news when Crystal Chappell returned to Days in October '09. Carly, the character she'd last played almost 20 years prior, had murdered her husband Lawrence and was looking for Bo Brady's help. Her presence has only added to the stress in Bo's marriage to Hope. And just who is this mysterious daughter Carly keeps speaking of?

Best Return, Pt. 2

Hot on the heels of Carly's return to Salem came the effervescent and evil Vivian Alamain, Lawrence's wacky aunt who has vowed to enact revenge. Her mere presence delights us. LOOK AT THAT HEADSCARF! 'Nuff said.

Craziest Idea

Much of the current Days drama is centered around Nicole's misguided attempt to "save" Sydney from EJ and Sami, which sent the tot straight into the arms of a mysterious lady kidnapper. Nicole admitted recently that the whole thing began as a way to "get one up" on Sami... maybe a nice game of pool would've sufficed?

Source: SOAPnet
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Kenny
Member Avatar


I wonder what 12-year old wrote this mess? LoL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
aimees76
Member Avatar


Yeah. Pfffftt. LOL. Thanks for posting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar


Kenny
Dec 18 2009, 06:16 PM
I wonder what 12-year old wrote this mess? LoL
It was probably that lame-ass guy that thinks he's funny and does the previews for the week! What garbled piece of shit writing and categories did they invent!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar


Quote:
 
Most Welcome Presence

Maggie Horton, as portrayed by Suzanne Rogers, has been a great influence on the good folks of Salem all year. We may make fun of her uncanny ability to overhear the wrong conversations... but we love her for it. And the fact that Days is using Suzanne -- a vet on the show since 1973 -- so much lately makes us love the show even more.
Agreed. They've really impressed me the way they beefed up the vets this year. Even though they remained supporting characters to the main set, they were used for a surprisingly large amount of time.

Quote:
 
Biggest "Wait, Where Did You Go?"

You guys, seriously. We love these Patch and Kayla, and in February 2009 they just... disappeared. They'd returned to Salem in 2006 after a long sabbatical, and Kayla even had a baby in 2008. We would LOVE to see them back -- Stephanie could've used her dad around when she was kidnapped!
Agreed X 100!

Quote:
 
Strangest Imprisonment

You remember Steph's kidnapping, right? Where that bizarre (but hot) gardener Owen took her hostage and hid her in a morgue? And Philip pretended to be a corpse to try and save her? Yeah, that was kinda creepy.
Yeah, I still don't understand what the point of Owen was.

Quote:
 
Best Character Rehab

Remember when Melanie was a total beeyotch? We do. And now -- despite giving Carly some sarcastic lip recently -- she's actually, well... kinda cool and fun. Total 180, right? We wonder if her burgeoning relationship with Philip will last through '10...
I have to agree on this one too. She has come a long way from what she used to be in 2008.

Quote:
 
Saddest Exit

Don't even get us started. When (a now paraplegic) John and Marlena reunited, and decided to permanently leave Salem to seek treatment for John in Switzerland, it was one of the saddest moments in our Days-viewing life. JOLENA 4EVA!!
If by saddest, they mean disrespectful, then I agree. Worst exit for a couple that literally carried this show for a whole decade.

Quote:
 
Best Use of Poisoned Bon-Bons

Kate was so angry that Chloe cheated on her son Lucas with the handsome Dr. Daniel that she took some delicious candies, filled them with POISON, and fed them to her. Natch. Daniel saved his beloved's life, but Kate hasn't gotten her comeuppance... yet. We adore Kate, especially because she's so rational.
The fact that this is even a category is why DAYS is considered a joke at times.

Quote:
 
Best Return, Pt. 1

It was big news when Crystal Chappell returned to Days in October '09. Carly, the character she'd last played almost 20 years prior, had murdered her husband Lawrence and was looking for Bo Brady's help. Her presence has only added to the stress in Bo's marriage to Hope. And just who is this mysterious daughter Carly keeps speaking of?

Best Return, Pt. 2

Hot on the heels of Carly's return to Salem came the effervescent and evil Vivian Alamain, Lawrence's wacky aunt who has vowed to enact revenge. Her mere presence delights us. LOOK AT THAT HEADSCARF! 'Nuff said.
Agreed on both counts.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good selections but whoever wrote this had to be under the age of 13 LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 19 2009, 01:27 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
SpriteEyes
Member Avatar


I think Viv's return has been the best.

Still not seeing a reason for Carly's return except to precipates Viv's.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply