Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kidnapping spoiler tweet from Soaptown_USA 12/22
Topic Started: Dec 22 2009, 08:46 PM (5,857 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

aimees76
Dec 23 2009, 11:32 PM
I don't believe for a second that TPTB are scared of pissing off any fan base. In fact, I think that is their main goal. To piss them all off, one by one.
ICAM. I think you'd be hard-pressed to name a happy fanbase right now--maybe Safe (but they have an interloper and Sami's child is missing), possibly Bo and Carly (but Bo's still a married man), and perhaps those Philip and Melanie fans who aren't upset that they're already engaged, but I really don't see anyone else who has much to be happy about.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 23 2009, 11:36 PM
aimees76
I don't believe for a second that TPTB are scared of pissing off any fan base. In fact, I think that is their main goal. To piss them all off, one by one.
ICAM. I think you'd be hard-pressed to name a happy fanbase right now--maybe Safe (but they have an interloper and Sami's child is missing), possibly Bo and Carly (but Bo's still a married man), and perhaps those Philip and Melanie fans who aren't upset that they're already engaged, but I really don't see anyone else who has much to be happy about.
Yeah, and those that are happy, or kinda happy, shouldn't get to comfortable.

angmc
Member Avatar

Paxton
aimees76
I'm not sure how EJ is an interloper at this point? Other than being around Sami in relation to finding Sydney?

ETA: I do agree that they don't give a shit about fanbases. I don't think anyone is safe on the show.
Edited by angmc, Dec 23 2009, 11:42 PM.

bobbilou
Member Avatar

TINA222
Dec 23 2009, 10:42 PM
EJ is playing Arianna big time. That whole scene was to keep her off balance. Go in act all crazy and then apologize. it totally worked too. EJ going to the pub for a drink was probably because he knew Arianna was working there that day. Again she totally fell for his act. What Sami says reenforces he cant trust her. I think he was biding his time and staying close to Sami to see if she would mess up and say something. Well she did. Just as EJ feared. Sami forgot who she was dealing with I guess. she thought her glitter had EJ totally snowed and she could somehow get away with saying such awful things. Not this time.
I totally agree that EJ is playing Ariana, again considering how calm he was with Kate. I don't necessarily believe it's because he's working with Anna. From the way Anna was talking today it seems like she's flying solo - or atleast not working FOR someone else. If anyone she has a 'minion'. I think his motive for playing Ariana is separate from the kidnapping which atleast shows he's still his badass self. I can't wait to see the old EJ come back - as he hinted at in a recent article, that we'd be seeing a less 'whipped' Elvis Junior. So exciting!!

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Paxton
aimees76
Sorry, I mean piss them off to the point of giving up. I think they will either give the fan's Ejami for a short time before it someone else's turn or given ejami fan's enough that they keep on hanging in there hoping. Making EJ fully dark would make a lot of Ejami's give up and I don't think they'll want to restrict their options.

As for all the fan bases being po'd, lol, from what I've read even Safe fans aren't happy after that 2010 preview.

angmc
Member Avatar

UKDaysFan
Dec 23 2009, 11:42 PM
Paxton
aimees76
Sorry, I mean piss them off to the point of giving up. I think they will either give the fan's Ejami for a short time before it someone else's turn or given ejami fan's enough that they keep on hanging in there hoping. Making EJ fully dark would make a lot of Ejami's give up and I don't think they'll want to restrict their options.

As for all the fan bases being po'd, lol, from what I've read even Safe fans aren't happy after that 2010 preview.
Oh, because Rafe falls off his pedestal? :eyeroll:

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

angmc
Dec 23 2009, 11:44 PM
UKDaysFan
Paxton
aimees76

Yeah, and the glitter starts to fall from Sami's eyes. I can't wait for the sanctimonious tosser to get bitten on the arse. Hopefully this could actually make his character more than one dimensional........but probably not!

angmc
Member Avatar

UKDaysFan
Dec 23 2009, 11:49 PM
angmc
UKDaysFan
Paxton

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Yeah, and the glitter starts to fall from Sami's eyes. I can't wait for the sanctimonious tosser to get bitten on the arse. Hopefully this could actually make his character more than one dimensional........but probably not!
I love how your UK slang came out in that post! But I think hell will freeze over before Rafe becomes more interesting.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

What I dont get is what is the difference between "dark, gray, not-Steffy,etc" The guys done some evil things just this past year....trying to kill Phil, TWICE, kidnapping Stephanie, selling drugs. And thats NOT counting all the stuff that has happened in the past!

Now, with speculation about his role in this sydnapping, we add this to the list and I really dont see a difference? EJ is meant to be this way. I want him badass, gray, dark, Steffy-like, whatever box you what to put him in that says DIMERA!

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

angmc
Dec 23 2009, 11:50 PM
UKDaysFan
angmc
UKDaysFan

I love how your UK slang came out in that post! But I think hell will freeze over before Rafe becomes more interesting.
Lol, I actually like dumbass, but just can't write it without the r & the e and then it's just not the same. ;)

six
Member Avatar

UKDaysFan
angmc
UKDaysFan
Paxton

I'm willing to bet it ends with Sami apologizing for ever doubting him, and afterward the entire town will be basking in his awesome glow.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

angmc
Dec 23 2009, 11:41 PM
Paxton
aimees76
I'm not sure how EJ is an interloper at this point? Other than being around Sami in relation to finding Sydney?

ETA: I do agree that they don't give a shit about fanbases. I don't think anyone is safe on the show.
I fully agree that we don't see any obvious attempts by EJ to break up Sami and Rafe and get romantically involved with Sami, though if he's behind Anna taking Sydney then clearly he's out to ruin Safe's lives and get revenge on them and/or manipulate Sami into a relationship with him. However, Sami clearly sees him as an obstacle or at least a potential obstacle to her happiness with Rafe, given her comments in tomorrow's show which were referenced earlier in this thread--to the effect that EJ wouldn't be in their lives at all if Nicole hadn't switched the babies. In my opinion, that's enough to qualify EJ as an interloper or at least, an obstacle to Safe.

angmc
Member Avatar

I'm not sure (shockingly) that I understand Sami's logic. They still have another child together so EJ will always be in her life. But they seem to have conveniently forgotten about Allie and Johnny for the sake of this stupid storyline.

lysie
Member Avatar

angmc
Dec 23 2009, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure (shockingly) that I understand Sami's logic. They still have another child together so EJ will always be in her life. But they seem to have conveniently forgotten about Allie and Johnny for the sake of this stupid storyline.
They remembered to drop them off at the pub yesterday. They forgot that that's where they already were, but you know...baby steps.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Dec 23 2009, 11:51 PM
What I dont get is what is the difference between "dark, gray, not-Steffy,etc" The guys done some evil things just this past year....trying to kill Phil, TWICE, kidnapping Stephanie, selling drugs. And thats NOT counting all the stuff that has happened in the past!

Now, with speculation about his role in this sydnapping, we add this to the list and I really dont see a difference? EJ is meant to be this way. I want him badass, gray, dark, Steffy-like, whatever box you what to put him in that says DIMERA!
I do to, but only to a point where it's still possible for him to potentially be with Sami. For that it has to mean that his actions have to be soapworld forgivable or his character makes you love to love/hate him or you think he's hot enough that you'll give him a few free passes, lol.

I don't care that EJ's the "druglord" of Salem now. Hey at least he's working. Who else in Salem can boast that? :D

As for trying to kill Phillip........twice, eh, they're Kiriakis's & DiMera's, that's what those people do! That's not even a crime. As for kidnapping Stephanie, I think he did us all a favour. Who amongst the fans didn't want her butt tortured within an inch or her life.....kinda like her acting does to us really!

As long as he looks great and no one actually dies, then it doesn't really count as a crime in Salem, or have I missed something? :biggrin:
Edited by UKDaysFan, Dec 24 2009, 12:03 AM.

six
Member Avatar

angmc
Johnny doesn't matter, because it's already too late for him, in her eyes. Sydney was her fresh start to finally have a happy perfect family with Rafe, and EJ and his need to be in his children's lives has ruined it.

angmc
Member Avatar

six
Dec 24 2009, 12:01 AM
angmc
Johnny doesn't matter, because it's already too late for him, in her eyes. Sydney was her fresh start to finally have a happy perfect family with Rafe, and EJ and his need to be in his children's lives has ruined it.
I've been struggling with this "logic" since last year. Johnny is what, between 2 and 4 and he's a lost cause. Has Stefano been brainwashing him? :headbang:

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 23 2009, 11:55 PM
angmc
Dec 23 2009, 11:41 PM
Paxton
aimees76

I fully agree that we don't see any obvious attempts by EJ to break up Sami and Rafe and get romantically involved with Sami, though if he's behind Anna taking Sydney then clearly he's out to ruin Safe's lives and get revenge on them and/or manipulate Sami into a relationship with him. However, Sami clearly sees him as an obstacle or at least a potential obstacle to her happiness with Rafe, given her comments in tomorrow's show which were referenced earlier in this thread--to the effect that EJ wouldn't be in their lives at all if Nicole hadn't switched the babies. In my opinion, that's enough to qualify EJ as an interloper or at least, an obstacle to Safe.
Following that logic, then wouldn't Rafe be an interloper in Ejami's relationship, because if Sami had never gone in WP then Rafe would never be in their lives?

TINA222
Member Avatar

Rafe will not leave if he thinks he can have Sidney. Sami is trying to secure that ring. Johnny doesnt matter cause she doesnt want EJ. He cant secure her a man who will never leave her. So he is a lost cause to her. Not messed up at all.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

UKDaysFan
Dec 24 2009, 12:01 AM
Liz<3Days
Dec 23 2009, 11:51 PM

I do to, but only to a point where it's still possible for him to potentially be with Sami. For that it has to mean that his actions have to be soapworld forgivable or his character makes you love to love/hate him or you think he's hot enough that you'll give him a few free passes, lol.

I don't care that EJ's the "druglord" of Salem now. Hey at least he's working. Who else in Salem can boast that? :D

As for trying to kill Phillip........twice, eh, they're Kiriakis's & DiMera's, that's what those people do! That's not even a crime. As for kidnapping Stephanie, I think he did us all a favour. Who amongst the fans didn't want her butt tortured within an inch or her life.....kinda like her acting does to us really!

As long as he looks great and no one actually dies, then it doesn't really count as a crime in Salem, or have I missed something? :biggrin:
Hey, I'm a-ok, with everything he did, Nicole was ok with it too! I just dont think that Sami will EVER be!
I personally thought everything he did to Sami and her family qualified as "soapworld unforgivable," but if you need more, well, I think its coming!LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply