Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kidnapping spoiler tweet from Soaptown_USA 12/22
Topic Started: Dec 22 2009, 08:46 PM (5,927 Views)
six
Member Avatar

angmc
Dec 24 2009, 12:06 AM
six
Dec 24 2009, 12:01 AM
angmc
Dec 23 2009, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure (shockingly) that I understand Sami's logic. They still have another child together so EJ will always be in her life. But they seem to have conveniently forgotten about Allie and Johnny for the sake of this stupid storyline.
Johnny doesn't matter, because it's already too late for him, in her eyes. Sydney was her fresh start to finally have a happy perfect family with Rafe, and EJ and his need to be in his children's lives has ruined it.
I've been struggling with this "logic" since last year. Johnny is what, between 2 and 4 and he's a lost cause. Has Stefano been brainwashing him? :headbang:
Sami's been called a lot of things, but logical was never one of them. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

angmc
six
angmc
I'm not sure (shockingly) that I understand Sami's logic. They still have another child together so EJ will always be in her life. But they seem to have conveniently forgotten about Allie and Johnny for the sake of this stupid storyline.
Johnny doesn't matter, because it's already too late for him, in her eyes. Sydney was her fresh start to finally have a happy perfect family with Rafe, and EJ and his need to be in his children's lives has ruined it.
I've been struggling with this "logic" since last year. Johnny is what, between 2 and 4 and he's a lost cause. Has Stefano been brainwashing him? :headbang:
I don't think her logic is correct, but...I don't think it has ever had anything to do with EJ. She was trying to keep Stefano from knowing Sydney/Grace existed. Johnny was a "lost cause" because Stefano already knew about him. She couldn't tell EJ because he was trusting Stefano again. And yes, actually Stefano has been brainwashing him. We haven't seen it recently, but there were scenes with him reading war books that were supposed to be very telling (Allie was there, too once) that was the beginning of why Sami freaked out originally. There were some weird things at one point with Sydney, too, I think.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

UKDaysFan
Dec 24 2009, 12:07 AM
Following that logic, then wouldn't Rafe be an interloper in Ejami's relationship, because if Sami had never gone in WP then Rafe would never be in their lives?
To use a Ken Corday line, "that was then, this is now." EJami haven't had a relationship in a long time, other than a co-parenting one which is sometimes civil and sometimes not, whereas Rafe and Sami do have a romantic relationship at this point. Whether you like it or not, and as an EJami fan you obviously don't--and before you accuse me of being a Safe fan, I absolutely loathe Sami and wish she was off my screen entirely--Sami and Rafe are being written as the couple who are in love. I don't see EJ as being on equal footing in Sami's heart and mind with Rafe at all. Thus, he is at best in my opinion an interloper to Sami and Rafe's romance. That could change, of course, and if it does I'll be FF'ing it, but as of now Sami and Rafe are the ones who are telling each other they love each other.

angmc
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 24 2009, 12:16 AM
angmc
six
angmc
I don't think her logic is correct, but...I don't think it has ever had anything to do with EJ. She was trying to keep Stefano from knowing Sydney/Grace existed. Johnny was a "lost cause" because Stefano already knew about him. She couldn't tell EJ because he was trusting Stefano again. And yes, actually Stefano has been brainwashing him. We haven't seen it recently, but there were scenes with him reading war books that were supposed to be very telling (Allie was there, too once) that was the beginning of why Sami freaked out originally. There were some weird things at one point with Sydney, too, I think.
That was one of the funniest scenes! He was reading "The Art of War" to them and I think they were sitting in their highchairs they were that young. :laugh:

six
Member Avatar

angmc
Dec 24 2009, 12:17 AM
lysie
angmc
six

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That was one of the funniest scenes! He was reading "The Art of War" to them and I think they were sitting in their highchairs they were that young. :laugh:
Lol, I remember that, and then nuJohn came in and snarked on it all. I miss his scenes. :'(

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Paxton
UKDaysFan
Following that logic, then wouldn't Rafe be an interloper in Ejami's relationship, because if Sami had never gone in WP then Rafe would never be in their lives?
To use a Ken Corday line, "that was then, this is now." EJami haven't had a relationship in a long time, other than a co-parenting one which is sometimes civil and sometimes not, whereas Rafe and Sami do have a romantic relationship at this point. Whether you like it or not, and as an EJami fan you obviously don't--and before you accuse me of being a Safe fan, I absolutely loathe Sami and wish she was off my screen entirely--Sami and Rafe are being written as the couple who are in love. I don't see EJ as being on equal footing in Sami's heart and mind with Rafe at all. Thus, he is at best in my opinion an interloper to Sami and Rafe's romance. That could change, of course, and if it does I'll be FF'ing it, but as of now Sami and Rafe are the ones who are telling each other they love each other.
Lol Paxton, I've read enough on this board to know your feelings on Sami.

I don't diagree with what your saying. I just believe that we don't know at this point who is the interloper in who's life, long term. Personally, I don't think either is, as I think TPTB are going to keep this as a triangle for quite sometime to come.

For that to happen, I do agree, that we'll have to see a chink in the Safe "love", which I believe is on its way and for Sami to start to get closer to EJ again. I think that's going to happen, but only because EJ is out for revenge and then that will blow up and it will swing back Safe's way for a while. Then, back to Ejami.......yeah, somewhat trying.

However, if they keep writing Sami as she is, with that treacley dialogue, I'll wrap her in a big pink bow and give her to Rafe myself.

kitkat
Member Avatar

UKDaysFan
Dec 23 2009, 11:49 PM
angmc
Dec 23 2009, 11:44 PM
UKDaysFan
Dec 23 2009, 11:42 PM
Paxton
Dec 23 2009, 11:36 PM

Sorry, I mean piss them off to the point of giving up. I think they will either give the fan's Ejami for a short time before it someone else's turn or given ejami fan's enough that they keep on hanging in there hoping. Making EJ fully dark would make a lot of Ejami's give up and I don't think they'll want to restrict their options.

As for all the fan bases being po'd, lol, from what I've read even Safe fans aren't happy after that 2010 preview.
Oh, because Rafe falls off his pedestal? :eyeroll:
Yeah, and the glitter starts to fall from Sami's eyes. I can't wait for the sanctimonious tosser to get bitten on the arse. Hopefully this could actually make his character more than one dimensional........but probably not!
Just so you know from one Safe fan, first we happen to know that the comments derived from the SOD are not exact words... Second, even if they were it says that they blame each other, so even if Sami gets mad at Rafe this means the feeling with be mutual. And it's a repeat story of Bo and Hope, but here's the clenching question, who was right when it came to Bo and Hope? Rafe is simply doing the appropriate thing by calling in the FBI, ransom exchanges usually never go right. Sami is impulsive and doing what she feels is right. Which makes neither right and neither wrong and both right and both wrong. And we Safe fans know one thing, " The ways of true love never always run smooth." There's bound to be rough waters, the difference is neither Rafe nor Sami ever try to force the other to stay together. They are together by choice. Lumi's fans can relate, but others can't.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

kitkat
Dec 24 2009, 03:19 AM
UKDaysFan
angmc
UKDaysFan
Dec 23 2009, 11:42 PM

Oh, because Rafe falls off his pedestal? :eyeroll:
Yeah, and the glitter starts to fall from Sami's eyes. I can't wait for the sanctimonious tosser to get bitten on the arse. Hopefully this could actually make his character more than one dimensional........but probably not!
Just so you know from one Safe fan, first we happen to know that the comments derived from the SOD are not exact words... Second, even if they were it says that they blame each other, so even if Sami gets mad at Rafe this means the feeling with be mutual. And it's a repeat story of Bo and Hope, but here's the clenching question, who was right when it came to Bo and Hope? Rafe is simply doing the appropriate thing by calling in the FBI, ransom exchanges usually never go right. Sami is impulsive and doing what she feels is right. Which makes neither right and neither wrong and both right and both wrong. And we Safe fans know one thing, " The ways of true love never always run smooth." There's bound to be rough waters, the difference is neither Rafe nor Sami ever try to force the other to stay together. They are together by choice. Lumi's fans can relate, but others can't.
Umm how do you parallel Rafe with Bo? It was Bo's child that was kidnapped. Rafe is not a parent to Sydney, he's her mother's boyfriend.

I can understand Rafe counselling Sami & EJ on the benefits of bringing in the FBI. I could even see him trying to get Roman to convince them. But ultimately it was never his decision to make. Period. If Sami & EJ don't want to involve them, he should respect their wishes. He has no right to risk Sydney's life because he thinks he's right. If Sami had asked him to do it, it would be a completely different story.

Whether Sami is impulsive or not, I don't see how that negates SuperRafe's interference. He's her lover, not her parent and should respect her decisions when it comes to her children, not feel that he knows best.

I assume your comments about forcing people to stay together is a not so subltle reference to EJ? For the record, I don't think he's kidnapped Syd to get close & back together with Sami, I think he's doing it to get revenge and the closeness is his way of lulling Sami into a false sense of security. All I can say is bring.it.on.
Edited by UKDaysFan, Dec 24 2009, 03:48 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

UKDaysFan
Dec 24 2009, 01:01 AM
Paxton
UKDaysFan
Lol Paxton, I've read enough on this board to know your feelings on Sami.

I don't diagree with what your saying. I just believe that we don't know at this point who is the interloper in who's life, long term. Personally, I don't think either is, as I think TPTB are going to keep this as a triangle for quite sometime to come.

For that to happen, I do agree, that we'll have to see a chink in the Safe "love", which I believe is on its way and for Sami to start to get closer to EJ again. I think that's going to happen, but only because EJ is out for revenge and then that will blow up and it will swing back Safe's way for a while. Then, back to Ejami.......yeah, somewhat trying.

However, if they keep writing Sami as she is, with that treacley dialogue, I'll wrap her in a big pink bow and give her to Rafe myself.
I think I just might print this post and frame it. ;) Well said! :hail:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

UKDaysFan
Dec 24 2009, 03:47 AM
kitkat
Dec 24 2009, 03:19 AM
UKDaysFan
angmc

Umm how do you parallel Rafe with Bo? It was Bo's child that was kidnapped. Rafe is not a parent to Sydney, he's her mother's boyfriend.

I can understand Rafe counselling Sami & EJ on the benefits of bringing in the FBI. I could even see him trying to get Roman to convince them. But ultimately it was never his decision to make. Period. If Sami & EJ don't want to involve them, he should respect their wishes. He has no right to risk Sydney's life because he thinks he's right. If Sami had asked him to do it, it would be a completely different story.

Whether Sami is impulsive or not, I don't see how that negates SuperRafe's interference. He's her lover, not her parent and should respect her decisions when it comes to her children, not feel that he knows best.

I assume your comments about forcing people to stay together is a not so subltle reference to EJ? For the record, I don't think he's kidnapped Syd to get close & back together with Sami, I think he's doing it to get revenge and the closeness is his way of lulling Sami into a false sense of security. All I can say is bring.it.on.
Damn - you did it again. Awesome post!

I will say I find it hard to was poetic about how any of this will play out since it hasn't even aired yet...so it seems odd that Safe fans (since KitKat appears to be speaking for all of them) are convinced that Rafe does 'the appropriate thing' or that Sami acts impulsively. I don't know - if it were me and my baby was missing and I got a ransom note and had the means (through my own resources or the father's) to pay the ransom I wouldn't consider that impulsive. I would be moving heaven and earth to get my daughter back - appropriately or not.

angmc
Member Avatar

Quote:

And we Safe fans know one thing, " The ways of true love never always run smooth."

So only Safe fans know this? :eyeroll:
Edited by angmc, Dec 24 2009, 11:31 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

angmc
Dec 24 2009, 11:31 AM
Quote:

And we Safe fans know one thing, " The ways of true love never always run smooth."

LOL on this. I think ANY fan of any soap couple knows this. That's what soaps have been about for years.

angmc
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 24 2009, 12:27 PM
angmc
Dec 24 2009, 11:31 AM
Quote:

LOL on this. I think ANY fan of any soap couple knows this. That's what soaps have been about for years.
And real life as well?
Edited by angmc, Dec 24 2009, 12:29 PM.

daisy132

Liz<3Days
Dec 23 2009, 11:51 PM
What I dont get is what is the difference between "dark, gray, not-Steffy,etc" The guys done some evil things just this past year....trying to kill Phil, TWICE, kidnapping Stephanie, selling drugs. And thats NOT counting all the stuff that has happened in the past!

Now, with speculation about his role in this sydnapping, we add this to the list and I really dont see a difference? EJ is meant to be this way. I want him badass, gray, dark, Steffy-like, whatever box you what to put him in that says DIMERA!
Ok, I fee I have to correct everyone who blames EJ for the hits on Phil (so it's not personal :) ). STEPHANO put the hits on Phil, and EJ tried to stop the second. Fact. :D

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Sorry, not fact!
The first hit was on Phil on EJole's wedding day....Steffy asks him if he wants to go through with it. He concerned because its his wedding day and didnt want it to be tarnished. Steffy says its the perfect time and he agrees. He's the one with the phone to Massy. He also wanted to tell Nicole about the hit. He's the one that also had Brady beaten up....so YES, he (and Steffy ordered the hit!)

As for the other hit, I dont remember it as clearly, but I think he only wanted to stop it because he would get caught!

I dont get why this point is so important to you because EJ is a bad character who WOULD KILL ANYONE that steps in his way! He's done it before (Eve Michaels) and tried to do it again (Phil) and will probably do it again in the future! FACT!
Edited by Liz<3Days, Dec 24 2009, 02:24 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

let's not forget, shall we, the infamous freezer truck incident. ;)

daisy132

aimees76
Dec 24 2009, 03:05 PM
let's not forget, shall we, the infamous freezer truck incident. ;)
Or Lucas shooting EJ in the back. ;)

OT: I think that it's Kate. EJ will probably be involved once he finds out about Sydney's whereabouts and will choose to keep quiet about it. Why would he want the bore to raise his daughter?
Edited by daisy132, Dec 24 2009, 03:13 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I'll never forget Lucas shooting EJ in the back, it was awesome! Just too bad he didn't finish the job. I also remember that Marlena, Kate, Steve, and Roman all came to the church with guns prepared to kill him, too. :D They were all trying to save Sami from sacrificing herself for the sake of the stupid vendetta ... not trying to kill off the competition. ;)

daisy132

aimees76
Dec 24 2009, 03:21 PM
I'll never forget Lucas shooting EJ in the back, it was awesome! Just too bad he didn't finish the job. I also remember that Marlena, Kate, Steve, and Roman all came to the church with guns prepared to kill him, too. :D They were all trying to save Sami from sacrificing herself for the sake of the stupid vendetta ... not trying to kill off the competition. ;)
Hey, it's all good... Neither succeeded in eliminating the competition.

And check it out! I'm rooting for the best thing that happened in Salem: The Brick!

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

aimees76
Dec 24 2009, 03:21 PM
LOL..Aimee <3 your banner btw.

Sidenote.. I think that Rafe is the other kidnapper... I wouldn't mind the cougar scenes of Anna and Rafe.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply