Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: 2010 Preview!; January 5th issue
Topic Started: Dec 22 2009, 08:48 PM (13,452 Views)
chiqche

I really hope that drives a wedge between Rafe and Sami so we can finally have EJAMI BACK, they had the best chemistry, I really hope they don't put Arianna and ej together that would fucking suck!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 22 2009, 09:26 PM
I think it's quite interesting that Bope haven't had a love scene in something like 5 years (right?) but Bo and Carly are having one right away. I wonder if TPTB aren't thrilled with how Kristian looks. (I don't mean anything by that other than, she should start eating, if she isn't.)
I don't think it has anything to do with that. Couples that have been together for many years don't have love scenes often, new couples do. If the "older couples" have love scenes it has usually been to please the fan bases.

And I'm not trying to sound rude but why is Kristian's looks always questioned? Why do I never see comments on how JM and JA should eat less?

Bradyclan

Wow, this sucks. Another ransom? Phelony Wedding? Barly sex? and the new teens? blah.

Terrible previews.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

The Justin/Hope/Bo/Carly stuff sounds interesting. It's definitely go really fast. I just fear for Justin when it's all comes to an end. I know that he will be hurt by Hope.

I'm hoping that once the Bo/Carly stuff plays out that Justin/Carly will be given a chance.

I'm curious about the Hope story...I'm sure that Bo will be saving her as it should be.

All the other previews suck! I hope that Phillip will be saved from Melanie before he makes a huge mistake. free Phillip.

The teens, Safe/Ej crap sucks.

Bring on Brady/Nicole!!!

Edited by Mirage75, Dec 22 2009, 09:50 PM.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Safe angst. :puke:

Ellie

Sindacco
Dec 22 2009, 09:40 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with that. Couples that have been together for many years don't have love scenes often, new couples do. If the "older couples" have love scenes it has usually been to please the fan bases.
Ok - we'll have to disagree on that.

Quote:

And I'm not trying to sound rude but why is Kristian's looks always questioned? Why do I never see comments on how JM and JA should eat less?
Well, the topic of my post was a Bope vs. Bo/Carly love scene, so I'm not sure how JA and JM would fit into that. But in general, I think people are shocked by the way she looks, and it looks to me like she might have an eating disorder. Her health could really be in immediate danger. The reaction to seeing someone looking like that is very different than seeing a person putting on a few extra pounds in their later years.

karmakatch63

AlisonLou
Dec 22 2009, 09:18 PM
I'm thinking the Hope storyline will be an illness storyline. Something will happen to her that will bring Bope back together. Whatever happens I think Hope will need Bo and he will be there for her and not Carly.
That would be a pathetic loser of a story. Such a cliche and why would Hope want someone to be there because she is sick.
Why do Hope fans always want her to be the victim. I think that is why I am so sick of Bo and Hope. It seems like all the B/H fans always want "Hope the victim" stories. Between her zillion kidnappings and deaths, enough already.
I want a love story, not another round of caretaker stories for Bo. Bo is so much better when he has something other to do besides rescuing a damsel in distress.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Ellie
Dec 22 2009, 09:26 PM
I think it's quite interesting that Bope haven't had a love scene in something like 5 years (right?) but Bo and Carly are having one right away. I wonder if TPTB aren't thrilled with how Kristian looks. (I don't mean anything by that other than, she should start eating, if she isn't.)

Because honestly, KA looks Anorexic. My sister almost died of the disease and there are certain things that happen to the body. I saw these things happen to my sis's apperance, and I see them in KA's. One is the condition of her teeth. She suffers from malnutrition. Her teeth are white, yes, but the gums are receeding and no longer look healthy. This is causing them to gap a little. Also the bones stick out all over and not in a naturally skinny way. Her face is the biggest. The human body has a natural layer of fat. When that fat goes you really age and you being to see the naked skull beneath the skin.

Granted, I am not a doctor...but I recognize things from experience. Imagine a person who is 5 foot ten inches who weighs 80 pounds and you have my sister at age 14. She almost had a heart attack. She was thinner then KA, because she just kept on going. I don't see KA going as far as my sister did...However, this is not good for her at all. Look at her just 7 years ago and the comparison is startling. KA is a beautiful woman and oneday I hope she will love herself enough to quit chasing the weight train. When I was a kid I wanted to look just like her and this was during the years, that according to her, she was fat. She was never fat. It makes me sad that she thinks she ever was.
Edited by Red Mist, Dec 22 2009, 09:54 PM.

Ellie

Dragonish1
Dec 22 2009, 09:53 PM
One is the condition of her teeth. She suffers from manutrition. Her teeth are white, yes, but the gums are receeding and no longer look healthy. This is causing them to gap a little.
Hi, I hope your sister's doing better now.

My friend noticed this about KA awhile back and pointed it out. I agree with you. I think she does show the symptoms. I hope she gets whatever help she needs.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 22 2009, 09:50 PM
Sindacco
What do you disagree with? I think it makes perfect sense that a new couple get a love scene and and old don't as often. For example, Sami and Rafe, Stefano and Kate, Philip and Melanie. They are all new couples, so it makes sense for them to have more love scenes in 2009 than Bo and Hope, or any other couple that have been together for so many years. We have already seen it, but with the new couples it's exactly that, new.

That is why many love scenes with B&H and J&M the last years felt forced. I was often thinking while watching "they only throw that scene in to please the fan base". J&M are perfect example of that back in 2006-2007.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sindacco

Quote:

Well, the topic of my post was a Bope vs. Bo/Carly love scene, so I'm not sure how JA and JM would fit into that. But in general, I think people are shocked by the way she looks, and it looks to me like she might have an eating disorder. Her health could really be in immediate danger. The reaction to seeing someone looking like that is very different than seeing a person putting on a few extra pounds in their later years.
I think we all appreciate that they don't.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Sindacco
Dec 22 2009, 09:57 PM
Ellie
Sindacco
What do you disagree with? I think it makes perfect sense that a new couple get a love scene and and old don't as often. For example, Sami and Rafe, Stefano and Kate, Philip and Melanie. They are all new couples, so it makes sense for them to have more love scenes in 2009 than Bo and Hope, or any other couple that have been together for so many years. We have already seen it, but with the new couples it's exactly that, new.

That is why many love scenes with B&H and J&M the last years felt forced. I was often thinking while watching "they only throw that scene in to please the fan base". J&M are perfect example of that back in 2006-2007.
I think TPTB base whether a couple gets love scenes (and how explicit those scenes are) in part on how the actors and actresses look. I'm not saying it's the only factor, but I think it's an important one. Bope had that big vow renewal last year, and no love scene. But then J&M had a random love scene in Marlena's office, of all places. I honestly think TPTB were much more willing to give Deidre and Drake a love scene than they were Peter and Kristian. And now, a few months after Crystal is brought in, Peter has a love scene with her right away. It's clear to me that one of the main reasons Bope have not had a love scene is how Kristian looks.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 22 2009, 09:55 PM

Dragonish1
One is the condition of her teeth. She suffers from manutrition. Her teeth are white, yes, but the gums are receeding and no longer look healthy. This is causing them to gap a little.
My friend noticed this about KA awhile back and pointed it out. I agree with you. I think she does show the symptoms. I hope she gets whatever help she needs.
Ellie, my sister is now 22 and doing great. She had to stay in a hospital...almost had to have the feeding tube, but thank god didn't. She lived there under the care of doctors for 3-4 months before she was well enough to go home. Then after that she had years of therapy and visits with a nutritionist. Sadly, like many young people after the starving stopped she began cutting herself, so then she had to over come that. For the rest of her life will bare the scars. Depression seems to run in my family and I think disorders like these are linked to that. I keep a close eye on my daughter. I am a fashion person. Clothes and shoes are my bread and butter, but I do not allow fashion mags in our home. They really mess with a healthy girl's mind and heart.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 22 2009, 10:00 PM
Sindacco
Ellie
Sindacco

I think TPTB base whether a couple gets love scenes (and how explicit those scenes are) in part on how the actors and actresses look. I'm not saying it's the only factor, but I think it's an important one. Bope had that big vow renewal last year, and no love scene. But then J&M had a random love scene in Marlena's office, of all places. I honestly think TPTB were much more willing to give Deidre and Drake a love scene than they were Peter and Kristian. And now, a few months after Crystal is brought in, Peter has a love scene with her right away. It's clear to me that one of the main reasons Bope have not had a love scene is how Kristian looks.
Maybe that's part of it. That would also explain why they refuse to give Stefano and Kate love scenes. I think it's digusting of TPTB to only give scenes like that to those they think look good.

Bradyclan

Ellie
Sindacco
Ellie
Sindacco

Yep, true. It happened to Nick too. I don't remember giving him any love scenes.

Ellie

Dragonish1
Dec 22 2009, 10:03 PM
Ellie
Dec 22 2009, 09:55 PM

Dragonish1
Ellie, my sister is now 22 and doing great. She had to stay in a hospital...almost had to have the feeding tube, but thank god didn't. She lived there under the care of doctors for 3-4 months before she was well enough to go home. Then after that she had years of therapy and visits with a nutritionist. Sadly, like many young people after the starving stopped she began cutting herself, so then she had to over come that. For the rest of her life will bare the scars. Depression seems to run in my family and I think disorders like these are linked to that. I keep a close eye on my daughter. I am a fashion person. Clothes and shoes are my bread and butter, but I do not allow fashion mags in our home. They really mess with a healthy girl's mind and heart.
Wow... I'm glad she's doing better, and thank you for sharing that story. Sounds like you're a very good parent - I agree with you about the fashion magazines.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

There's a huge twist concerning Anna and Sydney. Can't miss this one.
I'm guessing EJ is the one who masterminded the kidnapping. Not exactly surprising, but it's an interesting twist that makes EJ worth watching again.
Quote:

Arianna has even bigger problems when Troy begins to plot her demise.
I've finally come to enjoy Arianna, but her romance with Brady and this story with Troy = ZZZZZ....
Quote:

Bo and Carly make love.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Quote:

Time is running out for Vivian as Victor grows impatient with her plan to destroy Carly. She manages to narrow down the identity of Carly's daughter. Is it Mia or Melanie? That will be revealed.
Clearly her daughter is Melanie, so I hope the writers don't drag this out too much longer. I'm growing just as impatient as Victor, LoL.
Quote:

Kate and Vivian vie over Melanie, desperate to be part of the wedding plans. There's a huge cliff hanger at the end of January: Will they or won't they marry? Who will stop the wedding? Who will stop someone from stopping the wedding?
This sounds good, but I think Corday said too much here. He basically confirmed that someone (Vivian?) tries to stop the wedding but their plans are thwarted by someone else (Kate?), LoL. So much for that huge end-of-January cliffhanger...
Quote:

Gabi warns Mia that she can't have both Chad and Will. Will catches on to Mia's indecision and breaks up with her.
Oh my God. DON'T. CARE. AT. ALL.
Quote:

A tragic event will occur that will affect many lives. I don't want to get more specific, but stay tuned. You're going to see a lot of great performances.
Clearly he is referring to Mickey's death here, which I'm very excited about. I wish he would've said more about the aftermath since the death has already been spoiled, but whatever.

These previews are pretty decent for the most part. Thanks for posting, Angie! :)

lysie
Member Avatar

Bradyclan
Dec 22 2009, 10:04 PM
Ellie
Sindacco
Ellie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Yep, true. It happened to Nick too. I don't remember giving him any love scenes.
Not a love scene, but he did wake up with Billie...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Sindacco
Dec 22 2009, 10:03 PM
Maybe that's part of it. That would also explain why they refuse to give Stefano and Kate love scenes. I think it's digusting of TPTB to only give scenes like that to those they think look good.
I think it's just the reality of the TV/Entertainment business, sadly. We forget that sometimes here because we talk about story and acting and that end of things so much, but TPTB know that sex sells. I'm sure that explains Nadia's entire career on Days, lol.

The one exception was Nancy/Craig... you could tell they were trying to send a message with that. Didn't they even have a love scene? But sadly, I don't see any couple like that in Days' future.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Just WOW at the level of lameness at this preview!! Most of the stuff here was either spoiled through words or in pictures.

I cant believe that Carly and Bo are having sex this fast?!

Why isnt EJ part in the ransom? Hmmm...the only thing interesting is the connection between Syd and Anna...but thats what we all been waiting since we found out about Anna.

I can see Bricole, but I cant believe that Brady is such a pussy about Nicole. REALLY? You think that the miscarriage happened to HIM??? Well, I guess at least Nicole has one person in her corner! This trial is going to be so lame....the hypocrites are getting their stones ready to toss at her!

Nathan needs to pull a "Bo" and get Melanie out of that wedding!

Thanks for posting!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply