Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: 2010 Preview!; January 5th issue
Topic Started: Dec 22 2009, 08:48 PM (13,497 Views)
lcarter5

UKDaysFan
Dec 24 2009, 03:52 AM
cassie1013
Dec 24 2009, 02:53 AM
Oh, so it's just some "big story" for Hope. Well, yeah, if it's not a romantic thing with Justin - than what?

She pulls a Sharon Newman and starts sleeping with every guy in town? LOL! I seriously think that would breathe some life into Hope ahaha. But...even I'll admit, that's a bit out of character. Unless she becomes a drunk? Also out of character...

But I'd love for Hope to become a bitch for real - not this whiny, stick up my ass, princess-type - but full on scheming with VIVIAN!
What about if Hope's illness is that she develops an eating disorder from the stress of the whole Barly situation? :unsure:
Maybe Hope will have a health crisis, like breast cancer. You know not many soaps use cancer as a plot line.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

lcarter5
Dec 24 2009, 03:09 PM
UKDaysFan
Dec 24 2009, 03:52 AM
cassie1013
Dec 24 2009, 02:53 AM
Oh, so it's just some "big story" for Hope. Well, yeah, if it's not a romantic thing with Justin - than what?

She pulls a Sharon Newman and starts sleeping with every guy in town? LOL! I seriously think that would breathe some life into Hope ahaha. But...even I'll admit, that's a bit out of character. Unless she becomes a drunk? Also out of character...

But I'd love for Hope to become a bitch for real - not this whiny, stick up my ass, princess-type - but full on scheming with VIVIAN!
What about if Hope's illness is that she develops an eating disorder from the stress of the whole Barly situation? :unsure:
Maybe Hope will have a health crisis, like breast cancer. You know not many soaps use cancer as a plot line.
DAYS did with Chloe and most recently, Kate.

sungrey

Moishele
Dec 24 2009, 12:58 PM
I'm betting Stephanie is pregnant by Phillip and finds out right before Phillip and Melanie's wedding but someone, thank God, talks her out of crashing the wedding.

Stephanie has had way too many dizzy and yawning episodes for her not to be either ill or pregnant.
Refresh my memory... when's the last time those two had sex? (Of course, she could be a few months along...)

Moishele

It's probably been three or four months since the two have been together, but Steph's not the brightest bulb out there. If she missed a period she probably blamed it on being locked in a morgue drawer.

Besides, there are no real calendars in Salem. Time slows or accelerates at the writers' whim.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Moishele
Dec 24 2009, 05:30 PM
It's probably been three or four months since the two have been together, but Steph's not the brightest bulb out there. If she missed a period she probably blamed it on being locked in a morgue drawer.

Besides, there are no real calendars in Salem. Time slows or accelerates at the writers' whim.
Hey, you know. If Bo and Hope can have Mime!Sex and Shawn and Belle can have hypothermia barn sex, anything is possible. :laugh:

sungrey

So we'll call this mob hit sex. Oooooookay...

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

sungrey
Dec 24 2009, 05:57 PM
So we'll call this mob hit sex. Oooooookay...
Morgue sex? Crypt sex? Hopefully, Stephanie isn't pregnant.

DOOLFan85

all i have to say is this hope storyline better be good, and it better not be zach coming back from the dead. as much as i liked zach and also love bo and hope, i do not want that kind of favor. there are other ways to reunite them in the future, but not by bringing zach back from the dead. if days do that take dena's laptop and smash it!
Edited by DOOLFan85, Dec 25 2009, 12:34 AM.

dooldooldool

Manda1
Dec 23 2009, 03:25 AM
dooldooldool
Dec 23 2009, 03:11 AM
Angie79
Dec 22 2009, 08:52 PM
I am wondering what the huge twist concerning Anna and Sydney is?!?
Anna is in cahoots with another Salemite.

Speculation: I still think it's Sami who has orchestrated the entire kidnapping.
But what would her motivation be? Putting Will through the pain and the twins through the confusion, not to mention adding stress to her relationship with Rafe....I can't understand why would she do it?
1. Sydney was "Sami's Child" for exactly 12 hours in Salem-Time. Rafe delivered the child to the townhouse one afternoon, and Nicole swiped Sydney later that night from the DiMera Mansion. The twins and Will did not bond with Sydney.
2. Sami's goal all along has been to keep Sydney from the DiMeras. Nearly every line spoken by Anna could have been spoken by Sami.
3. It's not like Sami will "give Sydney away and never see her" if Anna delivers the child to Switzerland where one-half of Sami's family lives (Carrie/Austin/Marlena/John).

I just don't see Looney Money-Hungry Anna as a realistic tactic. If that's their plan, it's such a copout. Yes, Anna hates the DiMeras. But why would Anna do this to the Bradys. The Bradys helped her find Tony. The Bradys helped her with $$$ when she "sold" them the letters during the Santeen saga. She spent a week or so canoodling with Roman before learning Tony was alive again.

Looney crazy kidnapper has been done a thousand times. At least three other Brady children were kidnapped by looney types (Stephanie, Andrew Donavan, Shawn-Douglas).

Evil DiMera has been done a thousand times.

I know they have positioned Sami as Marlena 2.0, even down to the latest hairstyle. But Sami is playing her "hysterical" role rather calmly IMHO. She would be the last person to be suspected. Plus, it opens up soooo many great storylines. With EJ. With Rafe.

It would be a great storyline.

dooldooldool

magicsteacher
Dec 23 2009, 09:27 AM
Manda1
Dec 23 2009, 03:25 AM
dooldooldool
Dec 23 2009, 03:11 AM
Angie79
Dec 22 2009, 08:52 PM
I am wondering what the huge twist concerning Anna and Sydney is?!?
Anna is in cahoots with another Salemite.

Speculation: I still think it's Sami who has orchestrated the entire kidnapping.
But what would her motivation be? Putting Will through the pain and the twins through the confusion, not to mention adding stress to her relationship with Rafe....I can't understand why would she do it?
Nah-- I am betting it is EJ's plot to get back at everyone who has deceived him, including Rafe, Sami, and Brady. I don't think Sami would do this to her other kids or her family, but EJ, yes. All he cares about at this point is revenge. Rafe will continue to investigate and be the one to find out that it is EJ who is behind the whole thing. Sami will never forgive EJ for this one and she and Rafe can move on with their lives.
Bo-ring.

It would be such a copout to have The Big Bad DiMeras behind everything. Talk about replaying the 1990s over. The one decent point that arose out of the awful Santeen Year was that the Bradys were as responsible for the decades-long "vendetta".

And the DiMera Family Rise to Respectability has been underway ever since. Yes, they are dastardly druglords, hiring assassins, and other creepy behavior. But they were matched crime-for-crime by the Kiriakii.

I am personally ambivalent about Elvis. He should be a tween after all, not a thirty-something race-car-driving, Steve-Johnson-torturing-, black-gloved diabolical druglord/attorney. Making him the "bad guy" in the Sydnapping is a yawner. How would it drive the story? By driving RafeJohn into SamiLena's arms? Yawners to the 100th degree.

And Anna as demented, money-hungry krazy kidnapper is equally yawner. Fun, perhaps, but hardly the catalyst to drive the story to a new level. And not much of a "twist".

RafeJohn and SamiLena need a spark to their relationship. And I can already see SamiLena snarling at RafeJohn that he "has a secret he won't share (about his dead wife) and so she had one too (about her alive daughter)". After all. Sami's plans NEVER work out. That's part of her charm.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

dooldooldool
Dec 25 2009, 05:57 AM
Bo-ring.

It would be such a copout to have The Big Bad DiMeras behind everything. Talk about replaying the 1990s over. The one decent point that arose out of the awful Santeen Year was that the Bradys were as responsible for the decades-long "vendetta".

And the DiMera Family Rise to Respectability has been underway ever since. Yes, they are dastardly druglords, hiring assassins, and other creepy behavior. But they were matched crime-for-crime by the Kiriakii.

I am personally ambivalent about Elvis. He should be a tween after all, not a thirty-something race-car-driving, Steve-Johnson-torturing-, black-gloved diabolical druglord/attorney. Making him the "bad guy" in the Sydnapping is a yawner. How would it drive the story? By driving RafeJohn into SamiLena's arms? Yawners to the 100th degree.

And Anna as demented, money-hungry krazy kidnapper is equally yawner. Fun, perhaps, but hardly the catalyst to drive the story to a new level. And not much of a "twist".

RafeJohn and SamiLena need a spark to their relationship. And I can already see SamiLena snarling at RafeJohn that he "has a secret he won't share (about his dead wife) and so she had one too (about her alive daughter)". After all. Sami's plans NEVER work out. That's part of her charm.
I don't see it as boring at all. For once it would actually be a perfectly-in-character scheme which has the benefit of being able to take revenge on everyone who deceived EJ in one fell swoop. This isn't random "DiMera fucks over Bradys for no apparent reason" scheming, and not only that this is DiMera v. DiMera as well as DiMera v. Brady. Bless you for being able to come up with one redeeming feature of the horrendous Santeen saga, but I think, mercifully, the show has decided to forget they ever put us through that shit anyway. They don't even mention Brady being part DiMera anymore.

As for driving Rafe into Sami's arms, he's already there. That isn't the point of EJ being the Sydnapper, the point is him hurting everyone who lied to him about his children and made him look like a fool. Secondarily, he may try to manipulate Sami into a relationship with him again, so yes, that may have the effect of driving Sami back into Rafe's arms once she finds out that he cruelly kept her child from her (though I'm still hoping Sydney isn't hers). I would rather Sami not be the focus of any story, romantic or not, but if EJ is the napper then this strikes me as being a perfectly understandable revenge plot.

It's not that I don't like your idea about Sami being the napper--I do. I think it would also be in character for HER to do this, because it would prove she meant it that she would do the same thing all over again to EJ if she had the chance. Their graveside forgiveness scene is totally irrelevant at this point because neither of them knew they had a living child and thus neither had a chance, or so they thought, to either exact revenge (EJ) or get a second bite at the apple (Sami). Sami has never shown any compunction about hiding her children from their fathers so again, it's in character for her. Unfortunately, however, we've already seen Sami alone and fantasizing/dreaming about Sydney, which is enough to make me doubt she's in on it. Could be a red herring, but I don't think so. I don't think Sami would be so incautious as to make her remarks she made on the 12/24 show in public, either, about how things would be perfect if only she and Rafe were raising Sydney together where others could hear. We just haven't seen Sami doing any of the suspicious things EJ's done.

I agree Sami and Rafe need a spark to their relationship, which is what I think they're trying to accomplish with this "obstacle" when they disagree over how to handle trying to get Sydney back. Obviously Sami is going to end up trusting EJ, which she ought to know better than to do--it blows my mind she hasn't yet said, hey, I wonder if EJ is just trying to do the same thing to me I did to him--for the plot reason to give some conflict to her relationship with Rafe. Then Rafe will end up being right about something at a minimum or at a maximum find Sydney and blow the whole scheme wide open and she'll be ever so sorry she ever doubted her superhero.

janicew561

I really want them to make this a believable story with bope. Sure they have had lots of problems, but I would love to see that true love wins all. Bo and Carly have not seen each other for 16 years and each felt the need to go on. Carly with Lawrence. here she is back with Bo and wham. she suddenly has all these feelings. I think you call this rebound and the need to feel safe. That is not what you build a relationship on. Show us what true love means writers. Use some different s/l's make us think. Don't use the same old stuff. :puke: :puke:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 25 2009, 12:39 PM
dooldooldool
Dec 25 2009, 05:57 AM
Bo-ring.

I don't see it as boring at all. For once it would actually be a perfectly-in-character scheme which has the benefit of being able to take revenge on everyone who deceived EJ in one fell swoop. This isn't random "DiMera fucks over Bradys for no apparent reason" scheming, and not only that this is DiMera v. DiMera as well as DiMera v. Brady. Bless you for being able to come up with one redeeming feature of the horrendous Santeen saga, but I think, mercifully, the show has decided to forget they ever put us through that shit anyway. They don't even mention Brady being part DiMera anymore.

As for driving Rafe into Sami's arms, he's already there. That isn't the point of EJ being the Sydnapper, the point is him hurting everyone who lied to him about his children and made him look like a fool. Secondarily, he may try to manipulate Sami into a relationship with him again, so yes, that may have the effect of driving Sami back into Rafe's arms once she finds out that he cruelly kept her child from her (though I'm still hoping Sydney isn't hers). I would rather Sami not be the focus of any story, romantic or not, but if EJ is the napper then this strikes me as being a perfectly understandable revenge plot.

It's not that I don't like your idea about Sami being the napper--I do. I think it would also be in character for HER to do this, because it would prove she meant it that she would do the same thing all over again to EJ if she had the chance. Their graveside forgiveness scene is totally irrelevant at this point because neither of them knew they had a living child and thus neither had a chance, or so they thought, to either exact revenge (EJ) or get a second bite at the apple (Sami). Sami has never shown any compunction about hiding her children from their fathers so again, it's in character for her. Unfortunately, however, we've already seen Sami alone and fantasizing/dreaming about Sydney, which is enough to make me doubt she's in on it. Could be a red herring, but I don't think so. I don't think Sami would be so incautious as to make her remarks she made on the 12/24 show in public, either, about how things would be perfect if only she and Rafe were raising Sydney together where others could hear. We just haven't seen Sami doing any of the suspicious things EJ's done.

I agree Sami and Rafe need a spark to their relationship, which is what I think they're trying to accomplish with this "obstacle" when they disagree over how to handle trying to get Sydney back. Obviously Sami is going to end up trusting EJ, which she ought to know better than to do--it blows my mind she hasn't yet said, hey, I wonder if EJ is just trying to do the same thing to me I did to him--for the plot reason to give some conflict to her relationship with Rafe. Then Rafe will end up being right about something at a minimum or at a maximum find Sydney and blow the whole scheme wide open and she'll be ever so sorry she ever doubted her superhero.
Excellent post!! I agree with all you have said. I have no doubt that Sami will be an impetuous fool and believe EJ, but it will no waylay Rafe in any way in finding out the truth about Sydney and bringing her back to her mother. He will be the hero again and EJ will be left alone and pathetic for what he has attempted to do.

angelatil
Member Avatar

I kind of find it interesting and a relief that Corday does not mention Daniel and Chloe this time around. God I pray they break up.
Edited by angelatil, Jan 3 2010, 04:07 PM.

soapfan1

angelatil
Jan 3 2010, 04:07 PM
I kind of find it interesting and a relief that Corday does not mention Daniel and Chloe this time around. God I pray they break up.
Danloe are not even worth mentioning.They don't have much of a story at the moment and they are so boring.I sense the end is near though.The SOW spoilers mentioned them having upcoming problems.I think the writers are getting ready to move Dan into Carly's story.I don't know what will happen with Chloe because I don't see her reuniting with either Brady or Philip.Maybe Nadia will be let go after one of her 13 week cycle periods ends?

daisy132

I'm hoping that part of the twist is that EJ ends up to be the superhero. HE DESERVES IT! He's been the victim here, and I'm rooting for him.

As for the TPTB's "superhero" I hope that he meets Brick and he falls down flat on his face. Posted Image
Edited by daisy132, Jan 4 2010, 06:03 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply