Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Confirms: Bryan Dattilo Out; Update: No exit story at all, will last air in Feb.
Topic Started: Dec 21 2009, 02:01 PM (6,160 Views)
salempc
Member Avatar

According to "Second Chances," Bryan has taped his last episode as Lucas Horton.
Quote:

As most of you know, Bryan's contract with Days ends at the end of February 2010. We've been waiting to see if he would be renewed by the show, and this past weekend we got our answer. According to Bryan's manager, he has taped his last episode with the show this past week. (it should air sometime in February).

Bryan is thrilled to have new opportunities in front of him, but I know that I speak for everyone here when I say that he will be missed terribly. (cry)
http://secondchanceslumi.com/topic/6599622

SOD confirms...

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

DAYSís Bryan R. Dattilo Out
Bryan R. Dattilo (Lucas), who joined the show in 1993, is out. Before DAYS took its holiday hiatus, Dattilo was informed that the show would not be picking up his next cycle. "He has taped his last episode," confirms his manager. His contract officially expires in February, 2010.
Edited by Ellie, Dec 21 2009, 07:30 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Awww, that's too bad.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Who didn't see this coming?

Sami already has her hands full with EJ, Rafe and the babies. It's too bad the writers never saw Lucas as anything more than a prop for her.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I liked BD but Days wasn't using him. It's sad but the nature of the business. I hope he can find work somewhere else. Good luck to him!

That being said I could see him popping up once in awhile for special appearances like the holidays.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Yup. I found out yesterday. Glad I didn't have to keep quiet about it for long. :(
I fucking hate Days. I am so glad I can say that on this site. Fuck You Days!!!
I'll watch until his last air date, then I'm out. Days wants their Marlena/Stefano/John redux via Sami/EJ/Rafe, fine ... what a way to go out. They can go fuck themselves. I'm going back to GH and/or wherever Bry goes. Days is dead to me.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Wow. Not shocked at all, but I have to admit to being taken back a bit. He's been with the show for 17 years. I'll miss Lucas. Scratch that. I'll miss Lucas, pre-2003.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Although I've never been a Lucas or BD fan, I feel bad for his fans. There was room on the canvas for him if the show had wanted to write for him; I can think of a lot of things they could have done with his character and if I could, I don't see why the professionals couldn't. I wish him well and hopefully his fans will soon be following him with a new show or some other new project.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 21 2009, 02:31 PM
Although I've never been a Lucas or BD fan, I feel bad for his fans. There was room on the canvas for him if the show had wanted to write for him; I can think of a lot of things they could have done with his character and if I could, I don't see why the professionals couldn't. I wish him well and hopefully his fans will soon be following him with a new show or some other new project.
Agreed. Lucas was just a victim of prop writing that went on for years. First, he was used as a prop for Sami, then Carrie, then Sami again and finally Chloe. It's a shame because Lucas used to be one of the most complex characters on the show. He did bad things, along with Sami, but unlike her, he showed remorse afterwards, but continued to do these things for his own selfish reasons.

sungrey

What the fuck, Days? One of your worst decisions in a long, long time.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It's not shocking given his status but I suppose it's shocking given the way it was handled. I mean, why bother bringing him back in the first place from rehab or even putting him in rehab? It makes no sense. They had the perfect exit back in September. He hated his mother and Maggie. He had lost Chloe. Why not just have him leave town?

I'm actually shocked they finally got rid of him since he's had little to nothing to do since he got released from jail (I don't count the Lucas/Chloe/Daniel stuff because that story barely involved Lucas as it progressed) yet the show kept him around. I'm also shocked because I'm sure Ali isn't happy about this but I'm sure she can only do so much and perhaps Bryan wanted to go. His SOD interview when he returned a few weeks ago did have some red flags, like the brutally honest way he was talking about the show and what it was doing.

I can see him coming back at some point but I am curious if he gets an exit or he just leaves town or fades away. The fact that he makes his last appearance in February makes me wonder if rather then an accident involving one of Sami's kids we get an accident involving Lucas and maybe that is an exit arc for him.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

My hope for a true Horton story is gone. I could care less about Sydney. The returns of Carly/Vivian have been lame.

I think the real reason is a viable couple for Sami requires Lucas off the screen. And the writers don't really care about anything except putting couple ls together and ripping them apart.

I think I'm done with this show.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I wonder if there are discount airfares from Salem to Switzerland. :huh1:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

Well this sucks. I wasn't a Lucas fan but I didnt' want to see BD fired.

I just don't understand this. There is the potential for him to be a part of the Maggie storyline :1 with his history of alcoholism 2. He's a Horton.

Harmony233

That sucks but can't say I'm really suprised.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2009, 02:38 PM
I can see him coming back at some point but I am curious if he gets an exit or he just leaves town or fades away. The fact that he makes his last appearance in February makes me wonder if rather then an accident involving one of Sami's kids we get an accident involving Lucas and maybe that is an exit arc for him.
Yeah, I wonder if Lucas is going to be one hurt or killed in the rumored accident invovling Maggie?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Dec 21 2009, 02:47 PM
PhoenixRising05
Yeah, I wonder if Lucas is going to be one hurt or killed in the rumored accident invovling Maggie?

It would make sense if he was given the Will recast. Maybe they wanted someone to better handle the material. I felt Dylan did his best acting when Grace died but maybe they felt it wasn't good enough.

They had plenty of opportunities to write him out. As I said, it could've happened in September rather then sending him to rehab or they could've just never brought him back in December at all. It makes me think they brought him back to finish his run for a reason.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I'm sorry about BD/Lucas! That truly sucks!! There is so much they could have done with him. I hope BD the best!

aimees76
Member Avatar

I saw it coming, but we (Lumi fans) have fought to keep him since they have been trying to get rid of him since 2007. He has been treated like shit, and is looking forward to moving on. I want to be happy for him, but I am just so sad. :(

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

So maybe they got another new Will in preparation for Lucas's's's's death?

I liked Lumi for a few minutes back in the day, before they decided not to have them be devious schemers together. Shame they didn't go that route, or find someone else for him to hook up with.
Edited by px780, Dec 21 2009, 02:52 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Dec 21 2009, 02:47 PM
PhoenixRising05

I don't think so because Nadia tweeted that picture of her and Bryan which is apparently from the Phelony wedding. Isn't the accident with Maggie supposed to happen in January?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply