Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Confirms: Bryan Dattilo Out; Update: No exit story at all, will last air in Feb.
Topic Started: Dec 21 2009, 02:01 PM (6,001 Views)
lene
Member Avatar

this sucks! :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Dec 21 2009, 02:52 PM
Angie79
Dec 21 2009, 02:47 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2009, 02:38 PM
I can see him coming back at some point but I am curious if he gets an exit or he just leaves town or fades away. The fact that he makes his last appearance in February makes me wonder if rather then an accident involving one of Sami's kids we get an accident involving Lucas and maybe that is an exit arc for him.
Yeah, I wonder if Lucas is going to be one hurt or killed in the rumored accident invovling Maggie?

I don't think so because Nadia tweeted that picture of her and Bryan which is apparently from the Phelony wedding. Isn't the accident with Maggie supposed to happen in January?
I doubt it. Mickey dies in early January and they filmed that the Monday after Day of Days so they are likely filming early February or the end of January at the very least.

I can see Maggie falling off the wagon and somehow accidentally hurting or killing Lucas and that causing her to really spin out of control.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

My guess is Lucas and will get shipped off, John/marlena-style. That gives Sami one less kid not to worry about.

I can't believe when I started back watching this show I'm 2002 they would ruin my two favorite characters, Lucas and Sami. But boy have they put the screws to them. And people say this is a good soap? They must forget what a good soap really is.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

That's a shame - it really is. I hope for his sake and the sake of his fans they don't kill Lucas off. He still has ties to the canvas that aren't likely to go away - Kate, Will, Allie, etc. Hopefully things will change down the road and they'll make room for him on the canvas.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

aimees76
Dec 21 2009, 02:50 PM
I saw it coming, but we (Lumi fans) have fought to keep him since they have been trying to get rid of him since 2007. He has been treated like shit, and is looking forward to moving on. I want to be happy for him, but I am just so sad. :(
One thing I hope fans learn is sometimes it's best to just let the actor go.

Look what happened in 2007 with both Drake and Bryan. People fought for their returns and what the writers dished out probably left people wishing they had just let it be. If TPTB decide to get rid of someone, it's a sure sign they just don't want to write for them so forcing their hand and making them bring back someone is something that hardly ever has good results. I mean, if they don't want them around, then they are going to either not use them or write something for them that isn't very good because they just don't want the person around.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 21 2009, 03:01 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2009, 02:56 PM
I doubt it. Mickey dies in early January and they filmed that the Monday after Day of Days so they are likely filming early February or the end of January at the very least.

I can see Maggie falling off the wagon and somehow accidentally hurting or killing Lucas and that causing her to really spin out of control.
Come to think of it, we don't even know that Maggie gets in an accident, right? I don't know why I thought she had an accident in January but I guess the point is that her having any accident at all is still speculation/rumor, I think.

I suppose Maggie could be a guest at Melanie's wedding since obviously Melanie would (should) invite her, maybe start drinking there and get in an accident with Lucas. I kind of doubt they'll kill Lucas off, though. He may just get the Steve and Kayla unmentioned fade-off.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2009, 02:49 PM
Angie79
PhoenixRising05
I can see him coming back at some point but I am curious if he gets an exit or he just leaves town or fades away. The fact that he makes his last appearance in February makes me wonder if rather then an accident involving one of Sami's kids we get an accident involving Lucas and maybe that is an exit arc for him.
Yeah, I wonder if Lucas is going to be one hurt or killed in the rumored accident invovling Maggie?

It would make sense if he was given the Will recast. Maybe they wanted someone to better handle the material. I felt Dylan did his best acting when Grace died but maybe they felt it wasn't good enough.

They had plenty of opportunities to write him out. As I said, it could've happened in September rather then sending him to rehab or they could've just never brought him back in December at all. It makes me think they brought him back to finish his run for a reason.
Yeah, It makes it seem like something big could be going on since they brought him back after he went to rehab. If they are going to just have him leave town now or just disappear, what was the point of having him return after rehab? I won't be suprised if that is all that happens though.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Dec 21 2009, 03:01 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2009, 02:56 PM

Come to think of it, we don't even know that Maggie gets in an accident, right? I don't know why I thought she had an accident in January but I guess the point is that her having any accident at all is still speculation/rumor, I think.

I suppose Maggie could be a guest at Melanie's wedding since obviously Melanie would (should) invite her, maybe start drinking there and get in an accident with Lucas. I kind of doubt they'll kill Lucas off, though. He may just get the Steve and Kayla unmentioned fade-off.
Yes, the accident is just a rumor/speculation at this point. I have not heard anything else about it.

The thing is I can see Lucas just getting a Steve/Kayla kind of exit. Stephanie was already grown so it wasn't as much an issue but Lucas has a teenage son and a little girl under the age of 5. I can't see him leaving his kids and if there is one thing this regime has done right with him it's portraying him as a father that would never just leave his kids and that would do anything for them.

Something has to happen to him or they have to find some reason to have him leave. I just feel like they must have had a reason to bother bringing him back for a few months after they could've just wrote him out once the Chloe stuff ended or while in rehab.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Condolences to Lucas/Lumi fans and best of luck to BD in the future.

This definitely puts another spin on that interview he did about coming back to the show.

I am curious how this exit will pan out. Any scenarios of Maggie falling off the wagon or Will getting paralyzed would seem like they would require Lucas there so I wonder if they could be killing him off (which would be sad since we have so few Hortons left as it is) or what they might have in store for him that would trigger him just deciding to leave town when like others pointed out... they already had the perfect excuse to have him leave town with all of Kate's machinations and the Danloe mess.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

BD always seemed like a nice guy in interviews and stuff, so I feel bad for him. But I'd be lying if I said I would miss the character. For a good 5 years, all he did was shout.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Dec 21 2009, 03:05 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2009, 02:49 PM
Angie79
PhoenixRising05

It would make sense if he was given the Will recast. Maybe they wanted someone to better handle the material. I felt Dylan did his best acting when Grace died but maybe they felt it wasn't good enough.

They had plenty of opportunities to write him out. As I said, it could've happened in September rather then sending him to rehab or they could've just never brought him back in December at all. It makes me think they brought him back to finish his run for a reason.
Yeah, It makes it seem like something big could be going on since they brought him back after he went to rehab. If they are going to just have him leave town now or just disappear, what was the point of having him return after rehab?
Exactly. His contract is up in February or they could've just cut him after his cycle ended.

There has to be a storyline reason behind this unless they had a plan in mind and had to scratch it. I mean, the promo woman on Twitter was asking people to offer up story ideas for Lucas a few weeks ago. The fact that he's been fired now makes that rather strange unless maybe this is going to be like his 2001 exit when he got cut and brought back a year later. Corday claimed back then he liked Bryan and always had plans to bring him back. Of course, times are different now and Corday's hands aren't all over the show right now so who knows.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

:(

I would have loved to have had some scenes of him with Lindsay Hartley..

Sigh.

Lumi is one of the first couples I shipped when I began watching Days

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

I want to go to my room, curl up into a ball, and quietly sob for a few hours. My favourite memories of this show involve Lucas and Kate. The Roberts family is now officially dead without Lucas. BD has always been in my list of 'The show will never be the same without ______' people. Plus, this means that LK is totally screwed.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hope OLTL nabs him this time as Joey.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ok, I get the point that there was no reason to bring him back at all. But OTOH, if they were fixing to write him off with a bang--i.e., killing him off or otherwise making his exit a culmination of or a catalyst for another story--why rest him like they did? To me it would make more sense to use him more, not less, in a build up to a big exit. As it is if you're not a Lucas fan you don't even notice that he's not around so who cares if/when he's gone? They need to remind me why I should care that Lucas will be off canvas.

If his exit is a non-exit like Steve and Kayla's or an open-ended exit like John and Marlena's, I suppose they may be assuming viewers who like him but don't keep up with the mags or the boards won't know for sure he's gone and won't quit watching because of it.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'll be interested to see what the soap press says about his exit. That line about taping his last episode sounded kind of final to me. He could easily go on recurring so maybe they are planning on killing him off.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

SUCKS,Bryan is such a talent and a greay guy,I'll miss him.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2009, 02:59 PM
aimees76
Dec 21 2009, 02:50 PM
I saw it coming, but we (Lumi fans) have fought to keep him since they have been trying to get rid of him since 2007. He has been treated like shit, and is looking forward to moving on. I want to be happy for him, but I am just so sad. :(
One thing I hope fans learn is sometimes it's best to just let the actor go.

Look what happened in 2007 with both Drake and Bryan. People fought for their returns and what the writers dished out probably left people wishing they had just let it be. If TPTB decide to get rid of someone, it's a sure sign they just don't want to write for them so forcing their hand and making them bring back someone is something that hardly ever has good results. I mean, if they don't want them around, then they are going to either not use them or write something for them that isn't very good because they just don't want the person around.
As much as I thought John's funeral was very well done, I enjoyed Jawn in his return too. I don't regret the Drake fans fighting to bring him out of that coma or bring him back to life even after the funeral even if the exit was not as special when it was him and Marlena together and John unfortunately paralyzed.

In BD's case, I also don't think it was a mistake for his hard-core fans to fight to try to keep him and his character on the show. I'm certainly glad they fought to keep him on the show after the first time they tried to write him out with that coma back in the early 2000s. We got a lot of great drama this decade with Kate and Lucas and Sami, even if the last two years have been less than stellar for BD/Lucas.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Paxton
Dec 21 2009, 03:12 PM
Ok, I get the point that there was no reason to bring him back at all. But OTOH, if they were fixing to write him off with a bang--i.e., killing him off or otherwise making his exit a culmination of or a catalyst for another story--why rest him like they did? To me it would make more sense to use him more, not less, in a build up to a big exit. As it is if you're not a Lucas fan you don't even notice that he's not around so who cares if/when he's gone? They need to remind me why I should care that Lucas will be off canvas.

If his exit is a non-exit like Steve and Kayla's or an open-ended exit like John and Marlena's, I suppose they may be assuming viewers who like him but don't keep up with the mags or the boards won't know for sure he's gone and won't quit watching because of it.
I agree. Of course, we haven't seen the shows leading up to his exit so it could be that he's on a lot more over the next two months - but as it stands right now, I would bet that many casual viewers already think he's gone. If they are going to send him out with a bang they need to remind viewers of his significance and importance to others on the show.

There is all kinds of great story potential if the character is killed off - I don't see it as a nail in LK's coffin, but rather an opportunity for some really great material. And she's still tied to the canvas via Philip, Stefano, Victor, etc.

I don't know - I think it could be a really interesting story, particularly if Maggie were somehow responsible - but considering what is coming up with Mickey and the fact that Sydney is still missing for God knows how long it seems like a very sad and depressing start of 2010 for DAYS. :unsure:

jane1978

I donīt think there has to be necesseraly some big reason why he was brought back. Even when the show seems fairly well planned they still change things on daily basis. They could have some story idea for him at some point and later decided to not go there, or they are excited with some new idea we donīt know yet and needed some money for it and Brian lucked out. There is no doubt the show and crew really likes him and heīs been always a team player, but rightfully or not the show never saw him as a rating grabber or someone people watch for. I think especially after the Chloe fiasco they were very wary to invest into him and his character.

As for his final day, it almost looks like he will leave immediatelly after Phillip/Mel wedding, because that was the big event they taped before the brake. I donīt think he will die or something drastic like that, I think rather he will get a nice clean exit, probably deciding to leave week or so before and agreeing to be a bestman on Phillipīs wedding as the last favor before he goes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply