Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Confirms: Bryan Dattilo Out; Update: No exit story at all, will last air in Feb.
Topic Started: Dec 21 2009, 02:01 PM (6,077 Views)
aimees76
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Dec 21 2009, 03:09 PM
I want to go to my room, curl up into a ball, and quietly sob for a few hours. My favourite memories of this show involve Lucas and Kate. The Roberts family is now officially dead without Lucas. BD has always been in my list of 'The show will never be the same without ______' people. Plus, this means that LK is totally screwed.
Yeah. :shame:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

I've never been a Lucas fan myself, but it's always sad when someone loses a job and I feel bad for Bryan's fans. The character was treated horribly by the writers over the years and was used mostly as a prop for Sami and Kate. There was a lot of potential, but TPTB never seemed interested enough to develop Lucas as a character in his own right.

I wish Bryan the best of luck and hope he finds work very soon. And for his fans...you all tried hard to keep him and probably are responsible for him staying on DAYS as long as he did; I'm very sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted. I've lost a lot of my favorites over the years, and it sucks!

Vicky4Mimi

aimees76
Dec 21 2009, 03:35 PM
fenderbabe
I want to go to my room, curl up into a ball, and quietly sob for a few hours. My favourite memories of this show involve Lucas and Kate. The Roberts family is now officially dead without Lucas. BD has always been in my list of 'The show will never be the same without ______' people. Plus, this means that LK is totally screwed.
It's a sad day. I'm hoping one of the..shall we say "SMARTER" soaps do hire him quickly. I will follow wherever he goes.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 21 2009, 03:41 PM
aimees76
Dec 21 2009, 03:35 PM
fenderbabe
It's a sad day. I'm hoping one of the..shall we say "SMARTER" soaps do hire him quickly. I will follow wherever he goes.
OLTL was interested in him back in 2008 when he was supposedly fired before Higley was hired as head writers and saved the character for a return. They wanted him as a Joey recast. With the news that both Kevin and Kelly are coming back and the Buchnans are center-stage over there right now, it would be a perfect time for Joey to come back to Llanview. I think that Dattilo will shine over at OLTL. He'll be given the respect that DAYS failed to give him. Look at what happened to Farah Fath. While it's not saying much, Dattilo is more talented than Fath, so I would love to see how well he'd do at OLTL.

KathyRon

There is an upcoming GH casting call coming up regarding the Cassadine family. Maybe he can try that and go to GH! At least he may have a better chance of being treated better than Days treated him! Like Stephen Nichols said in the TV Guide interview, Days is not the brightest place to be right now in terms of vets and appreciation! :shithitfan:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Some of my Twitter followers are just not getting it. They are asking me how Bryan can be out - they are watching him right now (canada next-day eppy). :drunk:

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Dec 21 2009, 03:06 PM
BD always seemed like a nice guy in interviews and stuff, so I feel bad for him. But I'd be lying if I said I would miss the character. For a good 5 years, all he did was shout.
For a good five years, all there has been is bad writing! Rewriting of core characters. And pimping of new characters.

Edited by Aliaron, Dec 21 2009, 03:59 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Why did they even bother bringing him back from rehab? This show does thing at times that amazes me. I am sooo sad now...I hate this. This sucks the big one.....go ahead have Safe carry DOOL for as long as it lasts...I'll be done pretty much...nothing left for me to invest in....I can keep watching for Vivian but then realistically I don't think I can stomach the rest of the stories....Days lied to him, his fans and have really made a great attempt to dismiss anything that remotely resembles Lucas next to Sami....so I can by that as long as they kill him and he's gone. I don't want Sami to refer to him as being in Africa, or out of town or whatever...have superRafe play step daddy to Allie and Will and let's be done with it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Wow! Really seems like this show is doing it's damndest to get rid of all the familiar faces on the show :shame:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OneBadKitty
Dec 21 2009, 03:58 PM
Some of my Twitter followers are just not getting it. They are asking me how Bryan can be out - they are watching him right now (canada next-day eppy). :drunk:
oh dear. :huh1: :blink:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

Taylor Spreitler (Mia) just posted on twitter: "Bryan =:(" which Mark Hapka (Nathan) RT'ed

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Aliaron
Dec 21 2009, 03:59 PM
Southofsoap
Dec 21 2009, 03:06 PM
BD always seemed like a nice guy in interviews and stuff, so I feel bad for him. But I'd be lying if I said I would miss the character. For a good 5 years, all he did was shout.
For a good five years, all there has been is bad writing! Rewriting of core characters. And pimping of new characters.

What does that have to do with "shouting?" :laugh:

The writers over the past decade treated him horribly, yes, but Bryan's performances, particularly in the last five years, left alot to be desired too. I felt he became very hit or miss during his second run (2002-present) on the show. He had some good moments in 2006 and in 2007 but there were misses too.

I think this is a sure sign that Higley has no power because she is the one who, along with fans, saved him in 2008. It's sad because we are losing another Horton and one whose potential was never truly realized. I feel for his fans. I've always enjoyed Bryan. I just hope this leads to good story for those involved with him. Lucas simply leaving town would be yet another disservice to the character IMO.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lene
Dec 21 2009, 04:13 PM
Taylor Spreitler (Mia) just posted on twitter: "Bryan =:(" which Mark Hapka (Nathan) RT'ed
Can someone translate what she is saying because I have no ide? :laugh:

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I wish Bryan the best. I really hope he lands a new job quickly and that it is a role he has always wanted to play.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. I do feel bad for the Lumi's, they've fought long and hard. Maybe this will be better for BD in the long run, to have a chance to start over with a clean slate on a different show. Good luck to him and my condolences to the Lumi fanbase.

aimees76
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2009, 04:19 PM
lene
I think she is saying that she is sad about Bryan.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

aimees76
Dec 21 2009, 04:29 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2009, 04:19 PM
lene
I think she is saying that she is sad about Bryan.
I figured it was something along those lines but it was hard to make out :laugh: .

lene
Member Avatar

what's so difficult to understand?
Taylor Spreitler wrote on her twitter, "Bryan =:("
?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lene
Dec 21 2009, 04:32 PM
what's so difficult to understand?
Taylor Spreitler wrote on her twitter, "Bryan =:("
?
I have no idea what those symbols after his name mean LOL.

sungrey

Boy, this makes me wonder if the show is really screwed up. On one hand, I'd love to see Corday have more of a hand in the decision-making process, but then we'd get longtime vets like S/K, J/M, written off or treated like crap. While Tomlin's shown a lot of signs that he gets it, this decision does not make a lick of sense given the renewed focus that you could have on the Hortons with Mickey's death. Plus you've fucked over the Lumi contingent, which could result in lost viewers.

Overall, I like where the show is headed for the most part, but there are some decisions that boggle the mind. This is one of them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply