Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Hope catches Bo and Carly kissing!; Jan 5th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 23 2009, 02:38 PM (4,381 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I will tell you one thing if they drop Carly after this story, I will be PISSED - especially given the pacing.

Hopefully, she has legs to stand on after this is over between her daughter and her friendship (for now?) with Rafe. I am sure they have other plans for her beyond BOPE, but with this show, ya never know!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

King
Dec 24 2009, 05:14 PM
I will tell you one thing if they drop Carly after this story, I will be PISSED - especially given the pacing.

Hopefully, she has legs to stand on after this is over between her daughter and her friendship (for now?) with Rafe. I am sure they have other plans for her beyond BOPE, but with this show, ya never know!
For some reason I feel they will probally move her on to Daniel after Bope get back together.

daisy132

I always loved Bope, but I wasn't watching during the Bo/Carly time. I like them together right now, but I'm sure that Bope will get back together. It's inevitable. ;)

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Daytime
Dec 23 2009, 05:41 PM
I blame hope for her marriage ending, if she hadn't been so ready to leave Bo I would feel sorry for her. Hope is the blame, not Bo and Carly, she should have quit being such a witch and stayed to work things out instead of moving out.
Hope may have walked out but that doesn't give either carte blanch to start new relationships with other people unless they've totally decided to throw in the towel.

Isn't that where the term rebound comes into play?

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

For this story to work, Bo and Carly actually have to have a chance to be together. If we know for sure that Bo and Hope are going to get back together, there isn't a story. With everything that Bo and Hope have been through over the years, a collapse of their relationship makes sense to me. I hope in 2010 we have lots of Peter, Crystal, and Kristian on our screens.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mikegoldy
Dec 26 2009, 11:24 AM
For this story to work, Bo and Carly actually have to have a chance to be together. If we know for sure that Bo and Hope are going to get back together, there isn't a story. With everything that Bo and Hope have been through over the years, a collapse of their relationship makes sense to me. I hope in 2010 we have lots of Peter, Crystal, and Kristian on our screens.
I totally agree with you. For me personally, I'm fine with knowing Bo & Hope will eventually reunite as long as its in the long-term. I want Bo & Carly to hook up and be together for a while ... potentially causing some obstacles that will impact them for a while. I hate baby stories, but hey ... I'm down for them to have a child.

cassie1013

If they're going to break Bope up, I think they should take it seriously this time. Not "lets create some drama where they're still in love with each other and jealous of potential other lovers, and get back together in less than year" type thing. Because that was what happened with the post-Zach story. They need to play this out almost like Y&R with Nick/Phyllis/Jack - which has gone on a year too LONG, but in terms of writing an ACTUAL breakup, there's some things DOOL could adopt.

Firstly, I dislike the double standard with Bope and other love interests. Bo's had these other romances - Billie and Carly - yet, they seem to hold back on giving Hope another serious, character driven love interest. Justin and Patrick (especially Patrick) are/were very plot driven. And of course, Hope always has to feel the "guilt" after. It's like they're holding back with Hope, and I don't think it's fair...it's as if the writers feel Hope can't be with anyone else, so, for example, they had to create "Princess Gina" in order for her to have sex with Stefano and John.

I'm fine with Barly - let's do it and see what they got - but don't give Hope the short end of the stick. She's a main character too, arguably the lead matriarch without Marlena - and deserves more than this...further, I think it would add to her character development to move on to someone else. As a viewer, I don't even know who Hope is without Bo - maybe the character of Hope feels the same way, and that could be the basis of moving on.

ETA: sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm totally falling asleep, lol!

Edited by cassie1013, Dec 27 2009, 05:08 AM.

sungrey

Precisely. They need to play the story beats out, but they also need to be mindful of the audience. I look at the Nick/Sharon story on Y&R. Those two belong together, but the story's been so played out (with all the writing changes and such) that now you wonder if it makes sense. I don't think ATWT had any plans to reunite Jack with Carly right away, but Chris Goutman admitted as such the audience was very upset with the show and that played into Goutman's plans.

I've said it before... give me a good story. If it isn't I'll be one of the first ones to bitch that Bope need to be back together and quickly. If it is, then let's enjoy it.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

What's the rush with the writers? The story would be more effective if the scribes proceeded slowly with this tale. I still can't wait to see what happens, though. ;)

Morganarose

I think Hope will turn out to be the good person in this story line. She will try to find out the secret in order to help Carly. Although she is going to be the one who loses the most, Hope will try to be helpful to try to find out what Victor and cohort are playing to do......that it the real Hope and not the way they have been writing her lately. If you know Hope, she is festy, spoiled and always fights for her man....I hope she continues to do this even tho she gets hurt. It is time for the writers to make her sympathetic as they have bent over backwards to make Carly the saint and victim. It is time to make these two more evenly written.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply