Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of January 4th; *UPDATED 1/4*
Topic Started: Dec 23 2009, 02:55 PM (15,946 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ITA, I think they could have started the trial a bit earlier, but I think they'll waiting til she comes back to go full force on the baby SL again. I think it'll be a lot of filler...SAFE w/EJ as interloper....maybe EJ as interloper w/Brianna.

Then Nicole comes back...I cant wait!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 23 2009, 11:31 PM
Liz<3Days
Dec 23 2009, 11:28 PM
And she taped the last show of TBL then went to deliver her baby or something like that, then she went straight back to work.

I guess my point is that we never really got a break from Sami...NEVER...EVER..EVER! So those that complain that its the Nicole show, well, here's your chance to have the Sami show back!
I have felt like they've overplayed Nicole these last couple of weeks, but most people that have been complaining have been complaining since, like...last September, lol. I think she's been awesome, and she can totally carry it. I don't feel like they've planned the last leg of this for her very well. You'd think if they were going to insist on keeping her onscreen for so long, they'd at least think it through better than this. But oh well.
I'm one of the ones who has been complaining since July 2008 :tounge: But when you look at Jason's tally of her appearances, you can imagine some people did get tired of seeing her on 4 of the 5 days...but at least AZ can act. I have a feeling that someone else will dominate the show in 2010. :shame:

lysie
Member Avatar

angmc
Dec 23 2009, 11:39 PM
lysie
Dec 23 2009, 11:31 PM
Liz<3Days
Dec 23 2009, 11:28 PM
And she taped the last show of TBL then went to deliver her baby or something like that, then she went straight back to work.

I guess my point is that we never really got a break from Sami...NEVER...EVER..EVER! So those that complain that its the Nicole show, well, here's your chance to have the Sami show back!
I have felt like they've overplayed Nicole these last couple of weeks, but most people that have been complaining have been complaining since, like...last September, lol. I think she's been awesome, and she can totally carry it. I don't feel like they've planned the last leg of this for her very well. You'd think if they were going to insist on keeping her onscreen for so long, they'd at least think it through better than this. But oh well.
I'm one of the ones who has been complaining since July 2008 :tounge: But when you look at Jason's tally of her appearances, you can imagine some people did get tired of seeing her on 4 of the 5 days...but at least AZ can act. I have a feeling that someone else will dominate the show in 2010. :shame:
Oh, I've noticed all along. I've just been thankful it wasn't...anyone else in that age group. She's really the only thirtysomething I like, lol. Plus, we haven't had a break from Sami since 1993, and a year of 5 days in a row of Nicole still hasn't changed that.
Edited by lysie, Dec 23 2009, 11:45 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

According to Jason's rankings, AS appeared in 28 fewer episodes this year than AZ through the end of November. I imagine the ratio will be similar for the final rankings. AS worked throughout almost her entire pregnancy just as AZ did, delivered her child in January 2009 and yet still only had 28 fewer episodes. It will be interesting to compare the rankings a year from now and see how AZ's rankings compare factoring in her maternity leave. Given that we know her last airdate is January 6, that she still hasn't returned to work, and that before the Days set went dark at the end of last week they were taping into mid-February, it will seemingly be at least 6 weeks to 2 months before we see Nicole again. At five days a week, six weeks would be 30 potential episodes AZ won't be in.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^Thats just depressing when you see the raw numbers! HURRY BACK AZ!

aimees76
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Dec 23 2009, 11:56 PM
^Thats just depressing when you see the raw numbers! HURRY BACK AZ!
LOL, thats what I was thinking ... :drunk:

DOOLFan85

good job, carly keep digging yourself a hole! :laugh:
Edited by DOOLFan85, Dec 24 2009, 01:46 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

angmc
Dec 23 2009, 11:39 PM
But when you look at Jason's tally of her appearances, you can imagine some people did get tired of seeing her on 4 of the 5 days...but at least AZ can act. I have a feeling that someone else will dominate the show in 2010. :shame:
And that's the reason I didn't get tired of Nicole.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I will definitely miss AZ and the character of Nicole. Hell, I already do - these random scenes of her walking around her jail cell feel like filler to me. I agree they could have done a better job of utilizing her right up until she actually went on leave...but if that would have meant dragging out the baby reveal any longer I would have hated that. But the Nicole and Syd on the run thing could have lasted longer because I liked her scenes with the baby. Anna could have swooped in later.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

SocRMum1
Dec 24 2009, 09:54 AM
I will definitely miss AZ and the character of Nicole. Hell, I already do - these random scenes of her walking around her jail cell feel like filler to me. I agree they could have done a better job of utilizing her right up until she actually went on leave...but if that would have meant dragging out the baby reveal any longer I would have hated that. But the Nicole and Syd on the run thing could have lasted longer because I liked her scenes with the baby. Anna could have swooped in later.
These scenes with her stark Chelsea-dark hair are rather unsettling.....I do like her concern and the Brady-Nicole vibe, though, even if it does mean Brady is a wuss. I miss the Sydney/Nicole scenes, too. I would like to see some of the sarcastic, snarky Nicole back, though. I'm thinking about when she first swooped back in, Pookie in tow.....that was over-the-top great.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

CDN TV Guide Spoilers

Monday
Bo tells Carly that her daughter appears to be safe; Melanie and Stephanie learn that Philip and Nathan are in jail and rush to their aid.

Tuesday
Sami secretly meets with EJ, who informs her that he's received another note from the kidnapper.

Wednesday
Brady enters the pub just before Troy's assassin can hurt Arianna; Rafe informs Sami that the FBI reinstated him.

angmc
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie!

I wonder how secret the meeting is? I'm sure she has to get permission from Rafe first.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^Well, at least we can say that superRafe is back as FBI. It made NO SENSE why he was using all his FBI contacts without the FBI saying no way!

So this is the "secret meeting?" LOL..bet this is the $5 ransom note! Hmmm, wonder why EJ dont want Rafe in on this, they could dust the note for fingerprints since we watched Anna touch the note without gloves??? BAD BOY EJ!!!

Thanks for posting!

TINA222
Member Avatar

brady gets to save Arianna. Oh that will turn him on since he doesnt have Nicole to save.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Angie79
Dec 24 2009, 01:59 PM
Rafe informs Sami that the FBI reinstated him.
Holy freaking shit!!!! Agent Hernandez is back! :rockon: :cheer: :cheers: :dance: This explains why Sami doesn't tell Rafe.... no cops, no FBI... I have a feeling...

And all the Safe hearts, skip a beat...

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Angie79
CDN TV Guide Spoilers

Monday
Bo tells Carly that her daughter appears to be safe; Melanie and Stephanie learn that Philip and Nathan are in jail and rush to their aid.

Tuesday
Sami secretly meets with EJ, who informs her that he's received another note from the kidnapper.

Wednesday
Brady enters the pub just before Troy's assassin can hurt Arianna; Rafe informs Sami that the FBI reinstated him.
Awww....SupeRafe got a job. *pats his wittle head* 'Bout damned time. :huh:

Brady gets to save Arianna for a change? Hmmm... I'm just glad it's not EJ. :)

ETA: Thanks for posting, Angie!
Edited by SocRMum1, Dec 24 2009, 03:33 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

kitkat
Dec 24 2009, 02:11 PM
Angie79
Holy freaking shit!!!! Agent Hernandez is back! :rockon: :cheer: :cheers: :dance: This explains why Sami doesn't tell Rafe.... no cops, no FBI... I have a feeling...

This is great news. Now, no matter what EJ tries to do, Agent Hernandez will have the bureau behind him to find Sydney and bring her back.
I would bet that the ransom note does say no cops, etc., but of course, Sami will tell her man!!!

If EJ isn't in on this yet, he will be to spite Sami and get back at Rafe. Couple this with the fact that he is now a drug king pin.
Yep, he is a great father figure for his kids.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Dec 24 2009, 04:01 PM
kitkat
Angie79

This is great news. Now, no matter what EJ tries to do, Agent Hernandez will have the bureau behind him to find Sydney and bring her back.
I would bet that the ransom note does say no cops, etc., but of course, Sami will tell her man!!!

If EJ isn't in on this yet, he will be to spite Sami and get back at Rafe. Couple this with the fact that he is now a drug king pin.
Sadly I don't think she will, I think Sami is gonna pull a stupid and listen to her idiot Aunt, and go with her gut, and this is what irritates Rafe, I think. Not realizing he would definitely put her and the children above his job, if she asked him too. But Safe fans are still happy because this means EJ and the phoenix better watch out as a private citizen he was simply a thorn in their side, but after this, he'll have a badge... and a license to kill, lol... no just joking!
Edited by kitkat, Dec 24 2009, 05:57 PM.

CapeSafe

kitkat
Angie79

Can you just picture our man in full FBI mode... :wub:
This is a Christmas present I didn't expect :dance: :applause:

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Dec 24 2009, 04:01 PM
kitkat
Angie79

Yes. Good on him.

And maybe he wants to ensure he's actually is involved in his own daughter's life.

At this point, I'm rooting for him. Sami needs to learn that she's not always right and self-righteous intransigence can have consequences. Getting back at Rafe is just a bonus. :biggrin:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply