Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Week of 12/28 - 1/1; Happy New Year!
Topic Started: Dec 27 2009, 12:46 AM (11,669 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Week of Dec. 28

Posted Image

Classic Days clip: The people of Salem ring in the new year and celebrate Eugene and Calliope's nuptials.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :cheers: :rockon: :boobs: :dance: :drunk:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

I can't wait til New Year's Eve,,,

cassie1013

Actually pumped for this week!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Love that pic of Hope with the gun. I can stand her when she's bad ass! I don't see myself being too excited for New Years unless this kidnapping story can be put to rest.

slayer2
Member Avatar

Love holiday eps! Anyone know when the Christmas ep will be up anywhere?

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Looking forward to this week!!! :D

cassie1013

In case anyone still needs to catch up, I just found the Christmas ep here: http://www.youtube.com/user/jessemacslover87#p/u/3/srLlqtURfII

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Ugh at the Nathan and Melanie angst from Christmas and Phinie hashing over things today. Silly me, I knew I should have kept in mind Corday's idiotic blatherings from the fall preview where he spelled out exactly where this quad was going, but I couldn't help it and got caught up in the fun of Phelanie even with the stupid early engagement.

The best part of the show was definitely the monsters-in-law fighting over the wedding plans. LOL at Melanie's face when Vivian talks about having the stretch marks to prove it. Also LOL at Kate threatening to go all Snow White witch on her if she cheats on Phil.

Whoever was talking about a Swiss Lives spinoff for Days wasn't kidding.

I really enjoyed that Bo and Hope flashback sequence that Hope had today. Why couldn't they have put that in the Christmas epi though and kept it separate from Bope coming apart today? :shrug:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I *really* liked that Bo/Hope flashback montage because it really gave a thorough overview of Bo/Hope through the years (even with memorable clips from the New Orleans & Miami location shoots) and thought it lent a lot of oomph into Hope changing her mind in regards to the future of her marriage leading up to her heartbreak at seeing Bo/Carly kiss. IMO, that was some classic soap opera.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm loving Kate and Vivian's rivalry revisted. However, and I know I may sound like a broken record, but looking at Melanie, it's completely unbelievable that Kate and Vivian are planning "their" 28/29/30 year old's son to a girl that looks like she's 17. AHHH! It's ruining a storyline that could actually work if Molly Burnett looked older.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I too loved Vivian and Kate arguing over Phillip and Melanie's wedding plans. These two are great rivals.

I'm all aboard the Bo/Carly train but I did love the Bope flashback montage. That New Orleans remote was fabulous. I'm glad Justin was honest with Hope about his feelings. So far the ones who don't seem to be very honest and talking about things are Bo and Hope.

I still think its too soon but I loved the Bo/Carly kiss. It was important to note that Bo is the one who initiated it. Of course Hope had to see it and I hate that they focused more on her reaction than the actual kiss.
Edited by dc cubs, Dec 28 2009, 05:12 PM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

the nathan/melanie stuff sucked. this kid is well on his way to becoming a doctor, but he's so hung up on a student nurse that dumped him that he feels the need to question her about her engagement. wtf? seeing that nathan still wants melanie back makes me lose a ton of respect for him. melanie clearly isn't all that bright(see today's scenes with kate), and she spent the majority of their relationship lusting after philip, only to dump nathan for him. so why does nathan want anything to do with her? why? why?

another problem is how fickle melanie is. it would be one thing if this were a slow burn kind of thing, and she started to see her feelings for nathan resurface after months of haggling with vivian and kate, and after her issues with philip wanting her to be a trophy wife have been addressed more fully. but the writers-on-speed have her sobbing over nathan not two hours after she gets engaged to philip. this doesn't endear me to melanie. i don't feel angst over who she really loves and who she doesn't. i'm irritated that she's a spoiled brat that only seems to want what she can't have, and that two attractive, reasonably intelligent men are falling for it.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Dec 28 2009, 03:59 PM.

LiZa
Member Avatar

So has anyone heard if there was any truth to the Wes Ramsey Twitter that he was returning to Days?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I absolutely love this Bo, Hope, Carly, Justin, Victor, Vivian storyline. Nice seeing all these vets getting so much story. The Vivian and Victor scenes were excellent today. I'm actually kind of scared for Carly and her child. Also great scenes with Bo and Carly and awesome cliffhanger with Hope walking in on the kiss. And thank you Days for that wonderful montage. I love me some Bope!!

Days4Life

It's a little odd to see the zany Vivian scenes like we did at the Kiriakis Christmas celebration, with her funny little digs and snipes at Chloe and Kate, and then see how genuinely terrified Carly is about Viv finding out about her daughter. I'm not complaining, though, because I actually enjoy the complexity of a character that can make me laugh in one scene and then send chills down my spine in the next.

It's also very odd to hear Carly referring to her daughter as a "little girl".

The senior characters and the little ones are definitely the best parts of the show right now. I'm really enjoying seeing so much of Victor, Stefano, Vivian, Kate and Maggie. And little Johnny and Sydney are just too adorable for words.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Dec 28 2009, 06:13 PM
It's a little odd to see the zany Vivian scenes like we did at the Kiriakis Christmas celebration, with her funny little digs and snipes at Chloe and Kate, and then see how genuinely terrified Carly is about Viv finding out about her daughter. I'm not complaining, though, because I actually enjoy the complexity of a character that can make me laugh in one scene and then send chills down my spine in the next.
I think the writers are trying very hard to showcase every side of Vivian. They don't want her to be just the comic relief and they don't want her to be just the evil bitch, either. So far they're writing her pretty well. I just wish that the people around her reacted more with fear to her presence rather than annoyance.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

So I decided to watch today because Sami and her drama was FAR FAR AWAY!

I love the snarkiness from everyone on todays show....lets see..

Victor and his line about his "playboy" son and all his women wanting him for money!

Hope and her temporary Ode to Princess Gina! LOL @ her realizing what a huge bitch she was being! Maybe its living in the K-mansion? I like that she has Justin as her sounding board. I liked how Hope was trying to rationalize Justins feelings and he turning her argument around.

I loved how jealous Mia was while everyone was happy about Gabi staying. I didnt even touch my FF button once! Will and Mia are such DOWNERS!

Stephanie is looking very desperate. Give her a spine please! This is Steve's daughter! Her hair is very pretty though! Phil is jealous of Stephanie/Nathan and Mel wants Nathan! LOL @ JKJ and pouring the sugar in his cup o' coffee and Kate's little "open marriage" line!

Kate and Viv were very funny and their clothes were very nice...Kate rocked the Burberry trench coat! Did LK dye more of her hair blue? LOL @ Kate saying that Melanies not a gold digger, the pre-nup will do that! YOU GO KATE, threaten the "flighty" Mel! I also loved how Nathan was saying that Mel was trying to "over-sell" her potential marriage to Phil.

I miss Ivan.....Gus just doesnt cut it!

I didnt find myself liking the acting choices from CC. I didnt like her little SHHHH and the snapping-looked really pretentious. Then her little "tell me what to do and I'll do it" tirade, a bit OTT! Why didnt Carly get admitted under a fake name? If she was so determined to hide this pregnancy, having a fake name would do it! OH SHIT...plant that kiss PR!

The flashbacks were great! Aw, poor Hope (I cant believe I said that.) "I do believe!"
Edited by Liz<3Days, Dec 28 2009, 07:13 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Dec 28 2009, 06:32 PM

I didnt find myself disliking the acting choices from CC. I didnt like her little SHHHH and the snapping-looked really pretentious. Then her little "tell me what to do and I'll do it" tirade, a bit OTT!
I liked it from the standpoint that it evoked a response from me and I felt Carly's pain but I agree with your post. It enforces my wondering why all the raves about CC's super-acting abilities.
Edited by Halloween Family, Dec 28 2009, 07:18 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Hope KNEW that Justin was into her, that's why she asked him and not Mickey to be her lawyer. She was totally fishing for compliments to ease her insecurities. I think she did feel bad at the end when he professed his feelings to her, she did have an "oh shit, I opened Pandora's box" look on her face but it was just the little oomph she needed to go claim her man.

They did the matchy matchy stuff today and Hope and Justin were dressed in the same colors. I'm thinking if Hope ends up in Justins arms they (the whole team) are going to have to work hard to sell it because Justin is coming off as asexual.

The Bope flashbacks didn't reinforce any great love story for me but it was nice seeing a chubby Hope, OMG she was SOOO beautiful back then. Not that she isn't now, but seriously, the skinny look is not suiting her.

In the back of my mind I KNEW that Carbo were going to kiss but it still took me by surprise. I'm interested in seeing the fallout.

The real triangle between Phillip and his two mommies is good, especially when the two of them swoop down on Melanie. I'm really enjoying the way Vivian is interacting with Melanie, she doesn't automatically hate her and she knows that melanie is her in with Phillip but at the same time she can't help herself in making little digs with comments like "well dont you look comfortable". And Kate too, with her "open marriage" comment, lol.

I feel bad for Stephanie, she's got it bad for Nathan and he's being careless with her feelings. Steph and Phil were color coordinated today.

The teen chatter was so beyond ridiculously stupid it was entertaining to watch. The way Kinsey is written and portrayed is so OTT that I can't take her seriously enough to dislike her, I like her much better than Jan Spears. Casey is looking more and more out of place in the high schooler crowd, they should just make him graduate early or something. Mia still looked drugged when she was being bitchy but her interaction with Gabs was semi entertaining.
Edited by Halloween Family, Dec 28 2009, 07:19 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Granted, I rarely pay attention to DAYS anymore, but since I have the week off and AGAIN no SAMI DRAMA, I decided to actually sit and watch.

I'm surprised that Carly (and CC) wasnt insta-rootable for me? I loved Bo and Carly back in the days, so I still cant pinpoint why I'm not as enthused about Carly this go around. It may have to do with her SL about the lost daughter. After the baby switch, I'm really sick of kid-centered SLs PERIOD!

I dont know which team to root for...I can see both Bope and Bo/Carly, but what I dont want is Justin being used as the chump! I hope Justin can just be Hope's friend....PLEASE!!
Edited by Liz<3Days, Dec 28 2009, 07:22 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply