Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Week of 12/28 - 1/1; Happy New Year!
Topic Started: Dec 27 2009, 12:46 AM (11,450 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Jan 2 2010, 02:41 AM
StephanieYates
Jan 2 2010, 02:36 AM
cassie1013
Jan 2 2010, 02:21 AM
Oh and can someone quickly remind me why Vivian hates Carly? Like, why did she bury her alive exactly?
Vivian was "jealous" cause Carly took Lawrence and Nikky away from her.
at least that's what i'm understanding....
I got that too - but did she dump Lawrence and go hook up with Bo or something?
Vivian was with Carly when she gave birth to Nicholas. At that point Carly thought Vivian was a friend. Vivian lied and told Carly the baby died. Vivian then raised Nicholas as her own. Nicholas never called her Mom but Aunt Viv. When Vivian brought Nicholas to town it was only a matter of time until Carly and Lawrence figured out that he was their child.

During this time Carly was still with Bo but bonding with Lawrence over Nicholas and they became closer over their anger at Viv for keeping Nicholas from them. Vivian was afraid that Carly would succeed in pushing Vivian out of Nicholas and Lawrence's life. That is why Vivian buried Carly alive and tried to kill her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

cassie1013
StephanieYates
cassie1013
Oh and can someone quickly remind me why Vivian hates Carly? Like, why did she bury her alive exactly?
Heres the story between Lawrence and Carly.Carly ran away from boarding school because of the arranged marrage between her and Lawrence.They was supposed to get married on Carlys 25th birthday.Anyways Lawrence tracked Carly down and used an alias James.Lawrence charmed her and seduced her into falling in love with him.Vivian told her who he really was and that he was after her money.I think at first Lawrence was after her money but then he genuiely fell in love with her.Then Carly was so upset that she ran away from him.She ended up pregnant.She went to Viv for help.Then she drugged Carly and told her that her baby had died at birth.Lawrence pretty uch stalked Carly sent her wedding invations.Lawrence was obessed with her.He tried to kill Bo over her a few times.Lawrence was pretty crazy although entertaining.But I'm not sure why Vivian blamed Carly for taking Lawrence away from her at the time either.Since she was engaged to Bo at the time.

cassie1013

The feud doesn't seem to have much to go on then... all because Vivian wanted to be a part of Nicholas' life? LOL!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cassie1013
Jan 2 2010, 04:41 PM
The feud doesn't seem to have much to go on then... all because Vivian wanted to be a part of Nicholas' life? LOL!
Hey, remember the reason behind the DiMera/Brady Family Feud.......reasons for these feuds are often pretty lame.

Harmony233

cassie1013
The part that I find stupid is Nicholas isn't even around and he was a big part of the feud.I mean before the buried alive story.While yes Carly wanted custody.I don't think that Carly would have totally cut Nikki's ties with Vivian for the simple fact that Nikki loved Vivian.It was actually Lawrence who took Nikki away from Vivian and he was disgusted with her for burying Carly alive.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Carly has killed Lawrence and Vivian is out for revenge, I would say that is a pretty good motive.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jan 2 2010, 06:31 PM
cassie1013
Carly has killed Lawrence and Vivian is out for revenge, I would say that is a pretty good motive.
I think Cassie was talking about Carly and Vivian's rivalry back in the 90s, before Carly killed Lawrence.

AlteredStates

dc cubs
Jan 2 2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:

Vivian was with Carly when she gave birth to Nicholas. At that point Carly thought Vivian was a friend. Vivian lied and told Carly the baby died. Vivian then raised Nicholas as her own. Nicholas never called her Mom but Aunt Viv. When Vivian brought Nicholas to town it was only a matter of time until Carly and Lawrence figured out that he was their child.

The part I don't understand is why Vivian stole Nicholas from Carly in the first place. If I were Carly I would find that crime even more unforgivable than the buried alive follow-up.

Harmony233

AlteredStates
Jan 2 2010, 06:59 PM
dc cubs
Jan 2 2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:

The part I don't understand is why Vivian stole Nicholas from Carly in the first place. If I were Carly I would find that crime even more unforgivable than the buried alive follow-up.
IA while I think being buried alive is horrfic.I have always thought that Vivian kidnapping Nikki and making Carly believe her baby was dead a lot more creuler.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 2 2010, 06:49 PM
Sindacco
cassie1013
I think Cassie was talking about Carly and Vivian's rivalry back in the 90s, before Carly killed Lawrence.
Cassie said "The feud doesn't seem to have much to go on then", speaking in present.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jan 2 2010, 07:34 PM
Mason
Sindacco
cassie1013
Cassie said "The feud doesn't seem to have much to go on then", speaking in present.
Thanks for the English grammar lesson, but I do know what the present tense looks like, LoL.

Anyway, maybe she misspoke/typed? It does happen to all of us, sometimes, LoL.
Edited by Mason, Jan 2 2010, 07:50 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Jan 2 2010, 07:36 PM
Sindacco
Mason
Sindacco

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Maybe she misspoke/typed? It does happen to all of us, sometimes, LoL.
But technically, Vivian is STILL probably holding all that against Carly in the present time, so in essence, you're BOTH right! She's continuing an old feud and now is especially pissed off with another reason: Lawrence's death.
semantics, semantics... :D

karmakatch63

cassie1013
StephanieYates
cassie1013
Actually Carly was forced into a relationship with Lawrence by her family. I am a little hazy remembering but she ran away from it before meeting him, but he found her, posed as someone else, and she fell for him. She got pregnant (not sure they ever married) but when she had the baby she was told the baby had died (it hadn't, Viv had stolen the child to raise it). Also Carly found out about the hoax Lawrence had played and ran away.
She got to Salem. She became active on waterfront issues against a company named GenCon that was hurting the fishermen. That is how she met the Bradys. But not Bo, who was isolating himself because Hope had died. Later on, Carly found out that Lawrence had kidnapped her brother Francois in an effort to get Carly back. So she sought Bo's help to rescue her brother. That is when their relationship started. But before it could develop, Bo was poisoned with a biotech virus that was deadly. He refused to tell Carly and dumped her because he did not want her to be hurt by his death, the way he was by Hope's. Eventually she found out and she saved Bo.

Then her son Nikki came to Salem (he was about 9). He ran away from boarding school. That's when Carly became enraged at Viv for keeping her son away from her and letting her believe he was dead. Carly was fighting to get her child back and that is when Viv decided to bury Carly alive.

For me there was no feud. Viv was a kidnapper. Lawrence was a bully and a kidnapper and responsible for the serum that nearly killed Bo. He also tried to blow Bo up but killed Steve instead. Carly was their victim.
The ONLY reason they had Carly go back to Lawrence is because they fired the actor playing Lawrence (and CC was dating him, they are now married)......seemingly in retaliation for CC's complaints about the actor that was then playing Bo. So they let her out of her contract and just shoved Carly off with Lawrence. it was bad writing done to get rid of actors.... :shame:

jane1978

Sam09
Jan 2 2010, 08:45 PM
cassie1013
StephanieYates
cassie1013
Actually Carly was forced into a relationship with Lawrence by her family. I am a little hazy remembering but she ran away from it before meeting him, but he found her, posed as someone else, and she fell for him. She got pregnant (not sure they ever married) but when she had the baby she was told the baby had died (it hadn't, Viv had stolen the child to raise it). Also Carly found out about the hoax Lawrence had played and ran away.
She got to Salem. She became active on waterfront issues against a company named GenCon that was hurting the fishermen. That is how she met the Bradys. But not Bo, who was isolating himself because Hope had died. Later on, Carly found out that Lawrence had kidnapped her brother Francois in an effort to get Carly back. So she sought Bo's help to rescue her brother. That is when their relationship started. But before it could develop, Bo was poisoned with a biotech virus that was deadly. He refused to tell Carly and dumped her because he did not want her to be hurt by his death, the way he was by Hope's. Eventually she found out and she saved Bo.

Then her son Nikki came to Salem (he was about 9). He ran away from boarding school. That's when Carly became enraged at Viv for keeping her son away from her and letting her believe he was dead. Carly was fighting to get her child back and that is when Viv decided to bury Carly alive.

For me there was no feud. Viv was a kidnapper. Lawrence was a bully and a kidnapper and responsible for the serum that nearly killed Bo. He also tried to blow Bo up but killed Steve instead. Carly was their victim.
The ONLY reason they had Carly go back to Lawrence is because they fired the actor playing Lawrence (and CC was dating him, they are now married)......seemingly in retaliation for CC's complaints about the actor that was then playing Bo. So they let her out of her contract and just shoved Carly off with Lawrence. it was bad writing done to get rid of actors.... :shame:
This is not completely true because she and Lawrence started to grow closer way beyond that. I think around mid 1992. She was still with Bo and they even planned a real wedding, but CC had very little chemistry with RKK and the couple was never happy. And it got worse when Nicky had accidentaly murdered Lisan (Lawrence´s lawyer) and Carly and Lawrence decided to keep it a secret while Bo was investigating the murder and later had to protect Billie who fell in love with him. Even when Lawrence was still manipulating things against Bo and Carly/Bo had one last happy reunion after the truth about Nicky finally came out it was very obvious the couple is doomed.

karmakatch63

jane1978
Jan 3 2010, 08:31 AM
Sam09
Jan 2 2010, 08:45 PM
cassie1013
StephanieYates

This is not completely true because she and Lawrence started to grow closer way beyond that. I think around mid 1992. She was still with Bo and they even planned a real wedding, but CC had very little chemistry with RKK and the couple was never happy. And it got worse when Nicky had accidentaly murdered Lisan (Lawrence´s lawyer) and Carly and Lawrence decided to keep it a secret while Bo was investigating the murder and later had to protect Billie who fell in love with him. Even when Lawrence was still manipulating things against Bo and Carly/Bo had one last happy reunion after the truth about Nicky finally came out it was very obvious the couple is doomed.
What's not completely true? That the writers wrote cr*p to end Bo and Carly because they knew CC and rkk not only did not have chemistry, but that there were problems there no one would acknowledge. When you want to end a pairing quickly, there is a way to do it and that's what they did.

cassie1013

Mason
Sindacco
Mason
Sindacco

Thanks for the English grammar lesson, but I do know what the present tense looks like, LoL.

Yeah, I did - sorry about that. My initial post cleared that up, but it got lost in the great wireless internet crash of every hour on the hour, LoL.

I meant that the feud - initially, from Vivian's point of view - doesn't seem to have much to go on. Of course it does now with buried alive, Lawrence's murder etc. but Vivian's dislike of Carly doesn't seem to have started from much. In fact, it just makes Vivian look more absurd and crazy. Compared to Kate, at least she had a reason (a very soapy reason) for wanting to kill Chloe - she slept with her man!

Another confusing thing is that the majority of this back story, I'm assuming (such as Lawrence and Carly meeting and falling in love, Nicholas' birth) was actually off-screen.
Edited by cassie1013, Jan 3 2010, 12:18 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cassie1013
Jan 3 2010, 12:16 PM
Mason
Sindacco
Mason

Yeah, I did - sorry about that. My initial post cleared that up, but it got lost in the great wireless internet crash of every hour on the hour, LoL.

I meant that the feud - initially, from Vivian's point of view - doesn't seem to have much to go on. Of course it does now with buried alive, current plots etc. but Vivian's dislike of Carly doesn't seem to have started from much. In fact, it just makes Vivian look more absurd and crazy. Compared to Kate, at least she had a reason (a very soapy reason) for wanting to kill Chloe - she slept with her man!
There have been more superficial reasons than that for vendettas. I don't know if you watch One Life, but Stacy's motive for wanting Rex (to the point where she was willing to screw around with Rex's son's blood donations for leukemia) was that, when they were in high school, Rex picked up her back pack for her?

cassie1013

^ I don't watch OLTL, but that gave me a chuckle.

Anyway, the feuds are always good when they get going for a decade (or two), but trying to pinpoint what the start of feuds was often draws a big question mark. Y&R's Jill/Katherine is a good one - over a man they both married - but then you look at DAYS and the ridiculousness of Brady vs. DiMera...not much to it, really, and the backstory didn't help either.

Harmony233

cassie1013
Mason
Sindacco
Mason

I meant that the feud - initially, from Vivian's point of view - doesn't seem to have much to go on. Of course it does now with buried alive, Lawrence's murder etc. but Vivian's dislike of Carly doesn't seem to have started from much. In fact, it just makes Vivian look more absurd and crazy. Compared to Kate, at least she had a reason (a very soapy reason) for wanting to kill Chloe - she slept with her man!

Another confusing thing is that the majority of this back story, I'm assuming (such as Lawrence and Carly meeting and falling in love, Nicholas' birth) was actually off-screen.
Yes Carly and Lawrence and Nicholas's birth was off screen.But there was flashbacks.I mean Vivian hating Carly now is understandable but back then it was WTH although I think Viv was in lust with her nephew.

On the Bo/Carly breaking up.Yes they was bringing Lawrence and Carly closer ecspecially after they found out there child was alive.During the buried alive story.It was Lawrence that was shattered by Carlys death.MS was awesome in that story.

cassie1013

Harmony233
Jan 3 2010, 01:04 PM
cassie1013
Mason
Sindacco

Yes Carly and Lawrence and Nicholas's birth was off screen.But there was flashbacks.I mean Vivian hating Carly now is understandable but back then it was WTH although I think Viv was in lust with her nephew.

On the Bo/Carly breaking up.Yes they was bringing Lawrence and Carly closer ecspecially after they found out there child was alive.During the buried alive story.It was Lawrence that was shattered by Carlys death.MS was awesome in that story.
If he was my nephew, I would have been in lust with him too! :laugh: Circa 1999, of course....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply