Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Week of 12/28 - 1/1; Happy New Year!
Topic Started: Dec 27 2009, 12:46 AM (11,570 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Halloween Family
Dec 28 2009, 07:17 PM
In the back of my mind I KNEW that Carbo were going to kiss but it still took me by surprise.
Me too. It just seemed so out of the blue to me, like Carly's terrified about protecting her daughter and crying and Bo just goes in for the big kiss. Like . . . what brought that on? I'm not a Bo and Hope fan so I really don't care if their marriage ends as long as the story entertains me, but even on this show, where plot points matter more than character consistency or common sense, it seemed random. There just seemed no reason for him to kiss her at that moment other than Hope needing to see it. There wasn't even a pregnant soap pause with some eyesex first. Weird. For me, anyway.

The teens . . . snooze. I do like Gabi though and I guess, maybe, if Mia is going to actually be a bitch and everyone stops making excuses for her selling her baby so she could go Flashdance in Japan maybe I can tolerate her. It's the bitches who everybody pretends is the victim I can't stand (lookin' at you, Sami, but happily, not today because it was a Sami-free zone--hallelujah!).

Love Vivian. Melanie just seems so pathetically out of her league with Kate and to an even greater extent with Vivian. It's too bad that this storyline is positioning Philip to be the new Lucas or maybe the old Philip, marrying someone who wants someone else. This is why it bothers me that Philip was apparently hatched from an egg this past year, with no history whatsoever, because . . . shouldn't he remember what happens when you marry someone who isn't totally committed to you? Time and age should have given him some perspective as well. Oddly, today I saw chemistry between Philip and Stephanie, which I almost never do; in fact, I can only think of one time I saw any before and that was right after she was rescued from the morgue drawer. But ugh to this quad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

I'm a bit put off by the Phelanie engagement, but I'm glad that other characters are addressing the fact that it's rushed. I would have been annoyed if that was ignored, and the wedding went along as normal. The Vivian/Melanie/Kate scenes were great, but I think my worst fear is coming true.. Vivian and Kate are both acting as PROPS to friggin' Melanie? Not cool.

LK's blue streak, OMG. Since when did she get so much..."influence" over things? LK seems to have pull, with her character at least...things that make you go hmm.

The Barly kiss was so random. And Crystal's huge boobs (and boob propping tops) are totally distracting - Ali and Crystal need better clothes. Either way, Hope seeing them through the window was a "so bad it's good" moment. Classic soap, and I ate it up - with a few (ok, a lot) of LOLs along the way. Crystal's acting was OTT.

Justin and Hope - oh, Hope, come ON. She had "no idea" about his feelings? Just goes to show how self centered she is - bitch!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like that the writers are showing all sides to Vivian. Both the comedic side, as well as the threatening side are very popular to different fans, so it's a wise choice for them to have both showcased. Louise Sorel looks like she is having a blast being back on the show too. She's such a breath of fresh air. I'm still not liking Gus though. He'll never be Ivan.

I loved how Hope admitted to the personality change and becoming such a bitch. At least she's aware of it along with us. However, I hated the way Justin admitted his feelings for Hope. While I think that Bo and Carly's feelings returning for each other have progressed at an acceptable pace, I can't say the same for Justin and Hope. Unlike Bo and Carly, Justin and Hope have no history together, none in the romantic capacity at least. I would have rather watched Hope's marriage to Bo be over before anything developed between Justin and Hope. And while Justin only admitted his feelings for Hope, I think that could've waited a little longer. It would have added something special to their friendship, which I totally believe. A relationship? Not yet.

Great ending today with Bo and Carly kissing just as Hope arrives and spots them from outside. Carly's face looked a little red in the previews for tomorrow. I hope Hope lays a good slap across her face. :cheer:

Poor Stephanie. She's turned into nothing but a prop lately. I can't believe this bitch was actually leading the younger set just last year. She could be anybody. Anyone could replace Stephanie and this storyline would still work. That's not a good thing. A great quadrangle needs a little something thrown in from anyone that makes it unique to them. I feel that Philip, Melanie and Nathan are actual parts of the story. Stephanie isn't.

I'm glad Kate threw doubt in Philip's mind where Nathan and Melanie are concerned. It almost looked like she was enjoying putting her son back in his place when she did it too. Go Mama Kate!

I loved Mia being the "outsider" today while everyone else interacted. The bitch did it to herself with all of her doom and gloom. Yes, we understand that your baby died. Will considered the girl his sister and was closer to her than you were and he's dealing with this a lot better than you. Get over yourself! I'm with Kinsey on this one.

Harmony233

How come Kate constantly mentions that Vivian stole phillp from her but yet Carly never mentions that Vivian stole Nikki from her other than the fact that phillip is on the show now and Nikki isn't.Wouldn't that be enough to make Carly afraid of what Vivian would do to her daughter.

The scenes between Melanie Kate and Vivian were hilarous today though.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 28 2009, 08:19 PM
I loved Mia being the "outsider" today while everyone else interacted. The bitch did it to herself with all of her doom and gloom. Yes, we understand that your baby died. Will considered the girl his sister and was closer to her than you were and he's dealing with this a lot better than you. Get over yourself! I'm with Kinsey on this one.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. :flipoff: Now she's turning all jealous towards Gabi. I'm just so sick of this girl. :rolleyes: I want her off my screen! :angry:

Euripedes

I thought Crystal was brilliant today. Carly is an emotional character, and Crystal gives enough just to balance out the rollercoaster of emotions.

You’ve got Carly upset at Bo because she’s falling for him, but he keeps nagging her. So she’s both irritated and upset.

Then you’ve got Carly frantic about Vivian possibly killing her child, coupled with an overwhelming feeling of helplessness and reality.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

The Justin/Hope scenes played out better than I thought. I'm just relieved that Justin didn't come off desperate with his admission to Hope. He was coming from his heart. Sure it was probably too soon for it, but at least he was mature and was honest. I liked it a lot. I felt bad for him when he realized that Hope didn't feel the same and that is no surprise. These were definitely my favorite scenes today. I'm on the fence about them as a couple, but I think they have the chemistry. Justin is definitely NOT asexual at all. trust me that man can heat up a room with lots of sexual tones. I hope that he's given a chance to show that side of him whether it be with Hope, Carly or any other woman on the show.

Wally and Kristian were wonderful together today.

I'm anxious to see where they go with Justin/Hope. I would prefer Justin/Carly, but I will take what I can that give Justin a story.

FF through the teens, that snakeVivian and her antics, ( I want Kate to kick vivian's ass so badly), the Stephanie/Phillip/Nathan crap.

The Bo/Carly stuff was pretty good. Still don't care them as a possible couple.

I look forward to the showdown between Hope/Bo/Carly tomorrow.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Euripedes
Dec 28 2009, 09:07 PM
I thought Crystal was brilliant today. Carly is an emotional character, and Crystal gives enough just to balance out the rollercoaster of emotions.

You’ve got Carly upset at Bo because she’s falling for him, but he keeps nagging her. So she’s both irritated and upset.

Then you’ve got Carly frantic about Vivian possibly killing her child, coupled with an overwhelming feeling of helplessness and reality.
I agree and I'm loving Carly/Bo reconnect and resurrect their old feelings but I hate that this is a kid-centered story line. With what's happening on OLTL, I'm tired of my favorite female characters having secret children. Time for some originality from TPTB.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 28 2009, 08:19 PM
I like that the writers are showing all sides to Vivian. Both the comedic side, as well as the threatening side are very popular to different fans, so it's a wise choice for them to have both showcased. Louise Sorel looks like she is having a blast being back on the show too. She's such a breath of fresh air. I'm still not liking Gus though. He'll never be Ivan.

I loved how Hope admitted to the personality change and becoming such a bitch. At least she's aware of it along with us. However, I hated the way Justin admitted his feelings for Hope. While I think that Bo and Carly's feelings returning for each other have progressed at an acceptable pace, I can't say the same for Justin and Hope. Unlike Bo and Carly, Justin and Hope have no history together, none in the romantic capacity at least. I would have rather watched Hope's marriage to Bo be over before anything developed between Justin and Hope. And while Justin only admitted his feelings for Hope, I think that could've waited a little longer. It would have added something special to their friendship, which I totally believe. A relationship? Not yet.

Great ending today with Bo and Carly kissing just as Hope arrives and spots them from outside. Carly's face looked a little red in the previews for tomorrow. I hope Hope lays a good slap across her face. :cheer:

Poor Stephanie. She's turned into nothing but a prop lately. I can't believe this bitch was actually leading the younger set just last year. She could be anybody. Anyone could replace Stephanie and this storyline would still work. That's not a good thing. A great quadrangle needs a little something thrown in from anyone that makes it unique to them. I feel that Philip, Melanie and Nathan are actual parts of the story. Stephanie isn't.

I'm glad Kate threw doubt in Philip's mind where Nathan and Melanie are concerned. It almost looked like she was enjoying putting her son back in his place when she did it too. Go Mama Kate!

I wish I could enjoy Vivian, but I can't stand her. She annoys me to no end. I hate that I have to FF through Victor when he's in scenes with her. :(

I agree about the rushing of Justin/Hope. I think they are believe, but they could have built it up just a little more before Justin's admission. I agree that I wish that it could have waited til Hope was done with her marriage. My only thing today was that Justin didn't come off desperate and that was my biggest fear when I read about this. He handled the rejection with class and maturity. Do I hope that Hope will have a change of heart, sure, but I know it will take time. The idea of Justin/Hope makes me happy, but I would still prefer him and Carly. Wally and Kristian do have wonderful chemistry and I think given a chance they could make Justin/Hope a hot and fun couple. JMHO.

ITA about Hope putting a slapdown on Carly tomorrow.

the teens just bore me. but I agree seeing Mia on the outside was nice. So deserving lol.

Edited by Mirage75, Dec 28 2009, 09:19 PM.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

UGH! Hope makes me want to barf in my lap. Seriously, cue the freakin violins...Pity party for one.

3 days after Christmas Days gave to me...Justin a smirking. He looked like he was on the verge of snickering several times during the Hope encounter.

I did snicker several times during the Hope encounter.

Oh yay! Gabbi is staying...now just give me the swine flu and my life is complete. Mia needs to strangle her with that stripey scarf and call it a day. Or better yet someone smother broken hip Grandma with a pillow so Gabbi's Mom can recall her annoying, goodie teen daughter.

I am seeing so much purple on DAYS these days....Ej's jacket, which is exactly like Brady's jacket or vice versa...Gabbi's scarf...Melanie's shirt...Viv's eggplant suit...Kate's werid-ass lock of hair and last but not least Phillip's shirt. We could turn purple into a drinking game. A shot everytime someone wearing purple enters a scene...we will be drunk off our asses before the second half of Days Of Our Lives.

Vivan is my Norma Desmond. I want her to look into the tv audience, and tell us that she is ready for her close up.

The best scenes were with Kate and Viv. For years Kate has been lying in dormant. Since the last remains of Sami Brady's true personality were laid to rest and permanently replaced with POD Sami, the jiggle queen..aka victim lady. Kate has had no one to spar with...no one worthy. She just kinda faded. Now Viv is back and she has someone to awaken her mega bitch. I want to keep seeing the brawling broads brawl. I am sitting here praying that truly awful things go down at the creepy Mel and Phil nuptials. I want to see two crazy ladies, Viv and Kate, getting down and dirty with some wedding cake. Give me a cat fight, dammit.

Victor is such an old crotch...I...AM...Loving...IT. They are giving him the best ornery lines. If days won't give me Ejami the least they can do is give me Vivtor....or Vician? These two are too good to pass up. Make them a super-couple, please.

Stephanie just needs to walk around with a pole...Does she fish or what? Nathan...hint hint...Tell me how great I am and how you want to spend time with me...then pat my ego somemore-She makes me sick.

I see no Chem between Bo and Carly. This crap is contrived and ridiculous. I am bored with Carly's secret. I don't care who her baby is...I am just hoping Vivian gets to it before she does. Anything to bring some movement to this awful story. I hate and I mean hate dragging sls...nothing makes me turn on the show quicker. I am not getting any younger. Entertain me or I'll FF right through ya.

And another thing...Why does Carly linger around Salem? As soon as she saw Viv she should have hauled ass out of town to avoid Viv finding out about her daughter. Stupid, just stupid.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I'm glad that they are showcasing every angle of Vivian also. Right before Louise Sorel departed during her last run, they were solely characterizing her talents as a comedian which I felt was a mistake. I prefer the shady Vivian as opposed to the hilarious Vivian.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Dragonish1
Dec 28 2009, 09:25 PM
UGH! Hope makes me want to barf in my lap. Seriously, cue the freakin violins...Pity party for one.

3 days after Christmas Days gave to me...Justin a smirking. He looked like he was on the verge of snickering several times during the Hope encounter.

Oh yay! Gabbi is staying...now just give me the swine flu and my life is complete. Mia needs to strangle her with that stripey scarf and call it a day. Or better yet someone smother broken hip Grandma with a pillow so Gabbi's Mom can recall her annoying, goodie teen daughter.

I am seeing so much purple on DAYS these days....Ej's jacket, which is exactly like Brady's jacket or vice versa...Gabbi's scarf...Melanie's shirt...Viv's eggplant suit...Kate's werid-ass lock of hair and last but not least Phillip's shirt. We could turn purple into a drinking game. A shot everytime someone wearing purple enters a scene...we will be drunk off our asses before the second half of Days Of Our Lives.

Vivan is my Norma Desmond. I want her to look into the tv audience, and tell us that she is ready for her close up.

The best scenes were with Kate and Viv. For years Kate has been lying in dormant. Since the last remains of Sami Brady's true personality were laid to rest and permanently replaced with POD Sami, the jiggle queen..aka victim lady. Kate has had no one to spar with...no one worthy. She just kinda faded. Now Viv is back and she has someone to awaken her mega bitch. I want to keep seeing the brawling broads brawl. I am sitting here praying that truly awful things go down at the creepy Mel and Phil nuptials. I want to see two crazy ladies, Viv and Kate, getting down and dirty with some wedding cake. Give me a cat fight, dammit.

Victor is such an old crotch...I...AM...Loving...IT. They are giving him the best ornery lines. If days won't give me Ejami the least they can do is give me Vivtor....or Vician? These two are too good to pass up. Make them a super-couple, please.

Stephanie just needs to walk around with a pole...Does she fish or what? Nathan...hint hint...Tell me how great I am and how you want to spend time with me...then pat my ego somemore-She makes me sick.

I see no Chem between Bo and Carly. This crap is contrived and ridiculous. I am bored with Carly's secret. I don't care who her baby is...I am just hoping Vivian gets to it before she does. Anything to bring some movement to this awful story. I hate and I mean hate dragging sls...nothing makes me turn on the show quicker. I am not getting any younger. Entertain me or I'll FF right through ya.

And another thing...Why does Carly linger around Salem? As soon as she saw Viv she should have hauled ass out of town to avoid Viv finding out about her daughter. Stupid, just stupid.

You never fail to have me laughing out loud - but the bolded line nearly had me spewing Coke Zero all over the laptop. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Harmony233

lazydazes
Dec 28 2009, 09:35 PM
I'm glad that they are showcasing every angle of Vivian also. Right before Louise Sorel departed during her last run, they were solely characterizing her talents as a comedian which I felt was a mistake. I prefer the shady Vivian as opposed to the hilarious Vivian.
I do prefer evil Vivian over comical Vivian.Evil Vivian is so much more fun but I kinda miss Vivian and Lawrence scheming together.They was so evil together..
i'm glad Vivian mentioned today that her and Lawrence had there differnces.I remeber Lawrence leaving town despisng Vivian..Another thing how come Vivian could figure out about Carlys baby and where she had it but yet nothig about Lawrences mysterios illness.

cassie1013

I, too, love they're showcasing all sides of Vivian. I only knew the comedic side, and I'm glad that's still there - but this added sinister, villainous layer adds an entirely new dimension. In fact, it also justifies her feud with Kate...why would Kate be in a feud with some zany, crazy comedic?

The only thing is everyone's annoyance towards her vs. fear...but I think right now, it's because others don't realize how crazy she really is. Carly knows. I think the thing with Vivian too is that she's supposed to be very under the radar...we're still left wondering how the hell she got that body in the hospital bed. She's cunning and would never leave a trace - when you have a character like that on the canvas, you can't expect other new characters to react with fear when Vivian's never been caught red-handed...or not yet, at least.

Kate was never scared of Vivian, in that way, as far as I remember... I recall the feud over Victor, and that's about it.
Edited by cassie1013, Dec 29 2009, 03:00 AM.

AlisonLou

Dragonish1
Dec 28 2009, 09:25 PM

Great Post!

I agree with you about the Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin sl being boring. It's boring me too now. So contrived. A little too contrived I think. It's also dragging on far too long. Missing Bo an Hope being together!
As for Justin's smirking why can't WK stop it? He's being doing it for nearly 3 months now! Hope and Justin are boring. I do not want to see them as a couple. There is no chemistry between them. They would be just as boring as Danloe. As for Carly I think CC overdid it with the crying just a little bit. What's with the fake tears? Did they have to drench CC's face soo much? That ruined the crying a bit for me. Made it seem unrealistic. For me the writings gone a little bit south for the last month. Hated the christmas eppy! Too much Bope misery in it. There was not much Christmas spirit! I missed the Christmas scenes they used to have at the pub! The only thing I liked was the Horton ornament hanging! Don't know why they had a vigil for Sydney in the Christmas episode! It felt a bit out of place in that eppy! Also not happy that we only saw Ciara for 5 seconds! She didn't even get to say anything! I would have liked to hear her speak. I felt she should have been on more in this episode! I hope we get to see more of Ciara! Wish they would show more of Theo too!

cassie1013

^ LOL to Justin's smirking and near-snickering. It makes me want to snicker WITH him...he needs to put a lid on it! The worst was that smirk he had when helping Hope move out - like, buddy, do you want Bo to fucking slug you?!

Also, what was that word Kate used - cuckholded or something? WTF does that mean?! So random.

And is it just me or is her blue streak terrible? It's gotta go pronto. I don't even see how it suits Kate... I thought Kate was sophisticated, not some trashy wannabe.

Kenny
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 29 2009, 04:03 AM
And is it just me or is her blue streak terrible? It's gotta go pronto. I don't even see how it suits Kate... I thought Kate was sophisticated, not some trashy wannabe.
Blame Adam Lambert. He ruins everything, LoL.

AlisonLou

Was just watching Hope and Justins scenes from Mondays epi and noticed that Hope outright lied to Justin about Bo.
She said Bo was at the Vigil with Carly. Bo wasn't at the Vigil with Carly he was with his family! Why did Hope llie like that? These writers are really annoying me with their writing of Hope! It's disgusting! Now they are making her a liar! Why must they ruin a good character?

cassie1013

Kenny
Dec 29 2009, 04:14 AM
cassie1013
Dec 29 2009, 04:03 AM
Blame Adam Lambert. He ruins everything, LoL.
I can't keep up with Lauren Koslow and all these weird-ass tributes, lol. She really loves the rockers, eh? First it's David Bowie and the nail...now the hair, which doesn't even look good!

I wonder if this is all some under-the-radar PR thing to get people talking. It seems to be working, if it is, as the nail question pops up over and over again (or it used to).

ETA: Does Adam Lambert even HAVE blue hair?
Edited by cassie1013, Dec 29 2009, 04:39 AM.

cassie1013

AlisonLou
Dec 29 2009, 04:19 AM
Was just watching Hope and Justins scenes from Mondays epi and noticed that Hope outright lied to Justin about Bo.
She said Bo was at the Vigil with Carly. Bo wasn't at the Vigil with Carly he was with his family! Why did Hope llie like that? These writers are really annoying me with their writing of Hope! It's disgusting! Now they are making her a liar! Why must they ruin a good character?
Yeah, but when she looked over, he was next to Carly.

Still, though, she jumped to the conclusion that they came to the vigil together. Either way she wants to spin it, Bo's still her uncle (and Hope's her aunt), so who cares who was standing next to who. The important thing is that Bo was there for her niece. Of course, though, Hope doesn't see that - she's too much of a bitch now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply