Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC Interview with Crystal Chappell, Entertainer of the Year
Topic Started: Dec 29 2009, 12:56 AM (5,885 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Crystal deserves the title. She carried GL on her back for a long time. She's been amazing on DAYS. Such a breath of fresh air. And even though I think Venice is a mess, it shows she is dedicated to drama and trying to create new ways of delivering it with a cast full of familiar faces in daytime.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Euripedes
Dec 29 2009, 07:16 AM
ladyofthelake
Dec 29 2009, 06:20 AM
cassie1013
Dec 29 2009, 02:54 AM
I seriously don't get all the CC propping...maybe it's because I had no idea who she was until 6 weeks ago, but she has yet to prove her "amazingness" to me. Further, hasn't GL always been THE worst soap with THE worst ratings? lol! So the fact all this propping is coming from someone off that show of all soaps is even more surprising. Unless, of course, she was the only good thing.

Anyway, yes, her performances were off at the beginning of DAYS. It was like she was there, and "acting", but not all there - in the moment - ya know? Even the scenes with Vivian, the first time around, were awkward, as much as I still liked them.
Amen. Course, I never watched GL, but CC hasn't overly impressed me. I saw this mentioned somewhere else (can't remember if it was here or another board), but someone said CC is coming right up behind Lisa Rinna in the PR department, and I agree with whomever made that comment.
I'll come out on a limb and say it....it's possible there's a lot of hype because this Otalia or whatever was rather groundbreaking, as is Venice, and not necessarily because of CC's acting. Now, I'm saying that as someone who hasn't seen them, but it's speculation.
I watched the preview freebie for Venice, and I was NOT impressed. Then again, (LK aside, because I think she's a good actress and somehow, she's just grown on me over the years), I tend to be turned off by actresses with overly-Botoxed lips.
That being said, I think CC is awesome against Louise Sorel, who is one of those actresses who seem to bring out the spunk in anyone, like AZ.
LOL at the comments about CC's Sweeney compliments!
As Crystal would say: For those people who think my lips are not real, they can kiss my God-Given gift.
She's very eloquent, isn't she? :huh:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sorry. I cannot get on the lovewagon, but more power to those of you who do.

Cerulean
Member Avatar

Crystal has been praised to high heaven for the last several months, but nothing I have seen on Days justifies the love fest. :shrug:

designergirl777
Member Avatar

Kirk
Dec 29 2009, 01:17 AM
Loved this interview Nelson.

I am glad CC actually has some meaty material coming up for February sweeps and I hope she delivers. So far I don't understand all the praise for her.
If you go to Youtube and watch some of her earlier Day's stuff from the 90's...you'll see why they rave. Just type in Bo and Carly, Dool and tons of stuff will come up. She's better with Peter Reckell though than with Faux Bo Robert Kelker Kelly. The Katerina Von Leuschner Storyline and the stuff after that was awesome stuff. And her buried alive stuff at the end was really good as well.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

designergirl777
Dec 29 2009, 01:43 PM
Kirk
Dec 29 2009, 01:17 AM
Loved this interview Nelson.

I am glad CC actually has some meaty material coming up for February sweeps and I hope she delivers. So far I don't understand all the praise for her.
If you go to Youtube and watch some of her earlier Day's stuff from the 90's...you'll see why they rave. Just type in Bo and Carly, Dool and tons of stuff will come up. She's better with Peter Reckell though than with Faux Bo Robert Kelker Kelly. The Katerina Von Leuschner Storyline and the stuff after that was awesome stuff. And her buried alive stuff at the end was really good as well.
Thanks for the heads up. I started watching DAYS because of the Buried Alive Story, so I did get to catch the end of her run, although I was only 10 at the time, LOL.

AlteredStates

cassie1013
Dec 29 2009, 02:55 AM
wasn't she quoted recently saying there wasn't going to be anything romantic between Bo and Carly?
No. Around the beginning of Carly's return, CC said that a Carly/Bo romance was not imminent and indeed it wasn't.

She also said in her conference call with PR in early November that she figures Bope are endgame and that from an acting standpoint she prefers the loser-in-love role. That should be music to the ears of Bope fans (Barly fans not so much).

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

AlteredStates
Dec 29 2009, 03:00 PM
cassie1013
wasn't she quoted recently saying there wasn't going to be anything romantic between Bo and Carly?
No. Around the beginning of Carly's return, CC said that a Carly/Bo romance was not imminent and indeed it wasn't.

She also said in her conference call with PR in early November that she figures Bope are endgame and that from an acting standpoint she prefers the loser-in-love role. That should be music to the ears of Bope fans (Barly fans not so much).
I think a lot has changed and maybe they decided to give Barly a shot after seeing enough fans willing to let Bope break up for a while to explore Barly. Wasn't the original articles promoting a Carly and Daniel romance? And wasn't Justin not originally planned to be on this much at all? So obviously a Justin-Hope pairing wasn't considered early on.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Dec 29 2009, 07:05 AM
Bo and Hope are being ruiend for this mediocre actress. Ridiculous.
Bo and Hope were being ruined long before Crystal came back.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Many Days fans are just so used to crap, they don't recognize talent when they see it. :P

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
Dec 29 2009, 04:29 PM
Many Days fans are just so used to crap, they don't recognize talent when they see it. :P
Actually, I would hope they didn't just watch Days, so yeah,I'm sure they recognize talent. I don't think she's untalented....I just don't think she's Meryl Streep. Shoot, she's not even Louise Sorel, who can really show some variation in her acting. Crystal Chappell is good. She's fine. She's just not an acting goddess.

cassie1013

Kenny
lol! Seriously, though, I don't think that's fair. She hasn't had a chance to really show her stuff yet. And she was OTT in the scene with Bo - I was laughing.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ITA and I was a HUGE Bo & Carly fan back in the days! I'm still waiting to praise her, but I think I'll keep waiting until this SL goes further. She's not a bad actress, but not DAYS' messiah either and sometimes I feel that others portray her as that!

Kenny
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 29 2009, 04:40 PM
Kenny
lol! Seriously, though, I don't think that's fair. She hasn't had a chance to really show her stuff yet. And she was OTT in the scene with Bo - I was laughing.
LoL, I was being facetious. I, myself, have said that Crystal hasn't done anything impressive since returning to Days. I love Carly though.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
Dec 29 2009, 05:09 PM
cassie1013
Dec 29 2009, 04:40 PM
Kenny
LoL, I was being facetious. I, myself, have said that Crystal hasn't done anything impressive since returning to Days. I love Carly though.
Ah, Kenny, we know your heart is really with Kristen anyway. :D

Kenny
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 29 2009, 05:10 PM
Ah, Kenny, we know your heart is really with Kristen anyway. :D
Always!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I LOVED Kristen! I rooted for her even though I knew bitch Marlena would always win! I would LOVE a Di-house with Kristen and Nicole...awww HEAVEN!!!LOL

KathyRon

IMissAremid
Dec 29 2009, 03:40 PM
AlteredStates
Dec 29 2009, 03:00 PM
cassie1013

I think a lot has changed and maybe they decided to give Barly a shot after seeing enough fans willing to let Bope break up for a while to explore Barly. Wasn't the original articles promoting a Carly and Daniel romance? And wasn't Justin not originally planned to be on this much at all? So obviously a Justin-Hope pairing wasn't considered early on.
The Barly thing is on it way to it's climax and then it will end! Sorry Barly fans! They needed closure since they neverr really got it before and with this storyline of Bo/Hope/Carly, they will finally get the closure they both need. Stuff has already been shot to wind the Bo & Carly stuff to a close. I think the upcoming stuff for Carly/Crystal will be alot more challenging for her and we will get to see the "dark" side that Crystal as referenced in the past. Carly will have a relationship down the line, don't worry. She's got other stuff that she is going to be dealing with to keep her busy!

This is still a Bo & Hope story. And now we are going to get to the Phase three of the story. The writers had to tear Bo & Hope completely down, to rebuild them! They first need to find Hope the individual and Bo the individual, before they can re-find Bo & Hope! And that is going to be the good upcoming story that we are going to be getting in this next phase!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Dec 29 2009, 05:21 PM
I LOVED Kristen! I rooted for her even though I knew bitch Marlena would always win! I would LOVE a Di-house with Kristen and Nicole...awww HEAVEN!!!LOL
It's really a shame that they didn't bring her back a few years ago when Eileen Davidson was let go from Y&R. The timing was perfect since her "son" had just returned to the show. Unfortunately, B&B snapped her up and Days never even approached her about coming back. I was pissed, LoL.

dooldooldool

Sindacco
Dec 29 2009, 07:05 AM
Why can't she just leave Days? It's obvious she only cares about that crap called Venice and those rabid Otalia-fans. Bo and Hope are being ruiend for this mediocre actress. Ridiculous.
Um, DOOL pays the bills. It's a "job". Plus, with the extremely tight DOOL filming schedule, many DOOL actors have said they now have "tons" of free time. We may see actors almost daily, but those scenes are shot in clumps, which often explains the somewhat dramatic changes in appearance some of them have when they return back to work and shoot another 5-6 episodes-worth of scenes in a single day or two.

As for CC, Clearly her heart is elsewhere though. And in 5 years when "webisodic programming" can actually pay the mortgage, regular broadcast TV will be virtually dead anyway.
Edited by dooldooldool, Dec 29 2009, 06:11 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply