Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Infamous "Spit Take" with Rowell and Stafford
Topic Started: Dec 30 2009, 03:47 AM (3,250 Views)
Sindacco

Kirk
Jan 7 2010, 06:58 PM
Deidre Hall spitting a piece of gum on Peter Reckell's forehead didn't get that much attention. And just for me personally, if a piece of gum was spit out and onto my forehead it would be on the same line as a spray of liquid spewed onto my face. Deidre also didn't mean to do it and it wasn't in the script either. I think the situation with MS and VR was and is a tad overblown. But PR and DH are probably friends whereas VR and MS most likely arent.
Not only was it not in the script, but Peter had told Deidre before the scene not to do it.

But Peter is a white guy so it's not a big deal to the PC-people.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DeeDee
RIP GL

Wow.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

DeeDee
Jan 8 2010, 02:52 PM
Wow.
And on THAT I agree with you! :unsure:

Daytime
Member Avatar

I understand that maybe MS should have gotten permission, but honestly I don't see what the big deal was.

DeeDee
RIP GL

Daytime
Jan 8 2010, 06:50 PM
I understand that maybe MS should have gotten permission, but honestly I don't see what the big deal was.
Do you see Bergman spitting on Braeden?

Daytime
Member Avatar

DeeDee
Jan 8 2010, 06:58 PM
Daytime
Jan 8 2010, 06:50 PM
Do you see Bergman spitting on Braeden?
In a scene like that, I would have no problem with it.

It actually made the scene better.

DeeDee
RIP GL

[/quote]
Quote:

In a scene like that, I would have no problem with it.

It doesn't matter.

It would NEVER happen.

Quote:

It actually made the scene better.

It doesn't.
Edited by DeeDee, Jan 8 2010, 09:00 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The weird thing is, if this was any other actor/actress this wouldn't even be an issue.. but since its VR we're talking about who is a complete drama queen, she ofcourse has to leak this to the public.. if it was Sharon Case or anyone else they would just move on with their day and forget about it.

I am not saying that this isn't rude on MS's part but come on, Victoria.. its a little bit of spit, fucking deal with it.

but I guess you gotta be a bit of a drama queen to make it in the acting industry.
Quote Post Goto Top

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

It's COMPLETELY inappropriate for an actress to arbitrarily decide to spit on someone else without INFORMING HER FIRST of her intentions!! Vicki Rowell seems to be a team player, and probably would have welcomed the idea with open arms, had she been clued in to it first, which I doubt she was.

Furthermore, this scene was not even REMOTELY interesting or funny. Spit takes are rarely funny, in my book, and are a means to a cheap and easy laugh, much like the "pratfall" in the early days of Hollywood, or bunny ears behind someone's head. It's juvenile and pedestrian. The end result was HARDLY worth the hoopla or the drama that ensued.

will81

I agree with the above poster. Victoria Rowell probably would have gone with it if Michelle had asked first. Two things, MS was clearly getting ready to do a spit take and so could have done it to the side instead of right on her, also the spray was quite big and overdone, and the second, it ruined what was already a badly written scene. Any comic/dramatic scene between Jill and Kay never resorted to this BS and was always well written and acted by Jess/Brenda/Jeanne (before Brenda forgot how to act in the late 80's).

In fact Brenda had enough respect for Jeanne that when a line called for her to rub in the fact that Kay might die on the operating table during her face lift, Brenda purposely left it out as Jeanne was already nervous about the surgery.

Victoria Rowell does herself a disservice by crying wolf so loudly and dramatically. So many actors have been treated badly in the past and have had some poise about it and their point has come across so much better.

Michelle Stafford to me has no or had no respect for Victoria, this sort of thing if it was unscripted should have been worked out in rehearsal and talked about. It is unprofessional, especially to do this with someone when your acting relationship is tenuous. Acting involves a great deal of trust, especially on a show where you work so closely so often.

Lastly it was out of character, especially on Dru's part. Drucilla would never accept that from anyone. As I said the whole scene was poorly written and made worse by a comedic moment that didn't fit. You could always tell the difference between a campy scene with Kay and Jill where it was played for laughs and a dramatic one. This seemed not to know what it was and Michelle confused it more by thinking she was one of the stooges.
Edited by will81, Jan 2 2011, 11:26 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Video Vault · Next Topic »
Add Reply