Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Bo and Justin face off!; Jan 12th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 30 2009, 04:36 PM (5,229 Views)
julia1313

Sam09
Dec 31 2009, 09:57 PM
julia1313
Dec 31 2009, 09:45 PM
Morganarose
Dec 31 2009, 09:20 PM
Well, I am a antiBo and Carly fan and see nothing in this couple. It is not time for Bo and Hope to move on, I say they need to work on h the problems that these two have swept under the rug. Hope has been written the way she has so that Saint Caly has a better change to get sympathy. Bo nor Carly should be getting into any relationship. Carly is falling apart at the seams, Bo is hurting from his and Hope's relationship and both of them are jut needy. I love it when fans think that Bo and Hope should call it quits when the going gets rough--just move on is the motto-. This couple has too much history and deep love not be reconnected. that what makes good soap opera, the stuff that is happening right now. I have faith that they will find their way back to each other.
Hope has been written this way the years now. Hope got mad at Bo when he gave Shawn the keys to the boat and he ignored Bo and took it out to far. She would not listen to a word either one of them said and jumped to conclusions.

Hope also gave Shawn money to go and ruin Philip and Belle's marriage when Philip was injured from the war, so clearly she doesn't mind helping ruin marriages (though i was rooting for Shawn to win Belle Back).

Fans think Bo and Hope should call it quits because there boring and have been for quite some time now. Not everyone sees this magical chemistry between them. They could be together for 50 years and that still wont make them any more interesting to watch.
And the funny, hypocrisy part is that Hope was given a pass for rooting for her son to go and break up a marriage. Bo of course was trashed for not wanting to support that. Odd, isn't it. It's a pick and choose world in Salem. It's OK for Shawn to break up a marriage. Not so much for Bo to go for it, when he had been denied physical and emotional love for months. Somehow, cheating is cheating, no excuses, only works when it's Bo. When it was Hope, it was understandable. When it was Shawn with Hope's support and the spouse was in the hospital, it was rootable. But when it's Bo, he's a douchebag.
Yup no mater what Bo does he's always wrong, but Hope gets a pass for everything she does.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

sandyeggo1
Dec 31 2009, 06:11 PM
cassie1013
Dec 31 2009, 05:12 PM
I think Bope are BOTH in the wrong - but, Hope is being a bitch.
I'd be a Mega, Mega Bitch if I was married to a man who cheated with his exes all the time too.
But she was being a bitch before Carly even showed up...and Hope fucked Patrick, in what was one of DAYS most god-awful sex scenes ever...and apparently didn't bother to use a condom, either (not that anyone on this show does). And on top of that, it wasn't even a "WTD while married" story - it was a "I pretty much got knocked up with someone else's kids while married"...until they decided Hope was preg-o for an entire YEAR to make Ciara Bo's, LoL....

I like Hope, but ya gotta look at the facts!

sungrey

dc cubs
Dec 31 2009, 07:37 PM
sungrey
Dec 31 2009, 07:03 PM
CynthiaHaskins1
Dec 31 2009, 05:11 PM
Hi!,I just wanted to say thank-you julia1313 for what you said i agree with you it is time for both bo and hope to move on.
2.1... 2.0... 1.9... 1.8... ;)
The exits of John and Marlena proved that one couple leaving or breaking up is not going to affect the ratings. Everyone was so sure Days would tank when the DHs left and then when MBE and SN left. The ratings did not drop so I don't think they will if Bo and Hope break up.
We can only hope. Listen, I'm for this story. I do think Bo and Hope need some stirring up. But they also need to be back together in the end, especially with all the other upheaval going on. Whether that reunion is six months from now or a year... well, that remains to be seen. I can only wonder if ATWT had reunited Jack and Carly a split sooner whether we would have that cancellation notice hanging over the show now (probably, but who knows) and if GL had listened to its fans and done a Josh/Reva reunion would that show be around longer. Both those breakups cost the show a significant chunk of audience.

As it is, given what's possibly going on at General Hospital, Days has no chance at capturing second place. If GH gets Genie Francis and Vanessa Marcil back they will have a legitimate shot at gaining at least half a million viewers overnight. But I digress. I just don't want the numbers going in the other direction. :)
Edited by sungrey, Jan 1 2010, 04:53 AM.

AlisonLou

We'll according to the latest ratings out Days lost over 200,000 viewers and are only just holding onto third spot. That was for the week before christmas. They haven't released the christmas week ratings yet though. I don't want days cancelled either. I think the Bope split has already effected the ratings and in a bad way. I hope they do reunite Bope soon if they don't days could start to rapidly go down hill. Can't blame everything on the Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin storyline though. The teens are boring. Not much happening there. And the babyswitch/kidnapping fiasco storyline is STILL going. They have dragged that stroyline out far too long. And Danloe are just sooo boring! It's bad when the shows only happy couple is also the shows most boring couple! I think it's time Bo and Hope were reunited. Enough of the breakup. I'm sick of it. It's already dragged on for too long. I don't know if I could still watch days if we have to wait more then 3 or 4 months for them to get back together! I do believe however that we may start to see Bo and Hope reconnect when Mickey dies! Maybe then they will realise how important it is too be together! I would love for them to show Ciara more! If they show how she feels about all of this some more then it may add some more emotion to this story. At the moment I feel it's lacking emotion.

radiodj1520

If Mickey Dies, Bo And Hope's Marriage Would Be Saved, Not Over In Divorce. And Then, Carly Would Be Out Of Bo's Romantic Life And Then Moved Out Of Bo's House. And Then, Hope And Sierra Moved Back Into Bo's House, And Hope Moves Back Into Bo's Romantic Life After Months Of Marriage Troubles.

karmakatch63

radiodj1520
Jan 1 2010, 02:11 PM
If Mickey Dies, Bo And Hope's Marriage Would Be Saved, Not Over In Divorce. And Then, Carly Would Be Out Of Bo's Romantic Life And Then Moved Out Of Bo's House. And Then, Hope And Sierra Moved Back Into Bo's House, And Hope Moves Back Into Bo's Romantic Life After Months Of Marriage Troubles.
Seriously? Bo and Hope get together because an uncle no one ever sees dies of old age????

karmakatch63

AlisonLou
Jan 1 2010, 08:32 AM
We'll according to the latest ratings out Days lost over 200,000 viewers and are only just holding onto third spot. That was for the week before christmas. They haven't released the christmas week ratings yet though. I don't want days cancelled either. I think the Bope split has already effected the ratings and in a bad way. I hope they do reunite Bope soon if they don't days could start to rapidly go down hill. Can't blame everything on the Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin storyline though. The teens are boring. Not much happening there. And the babyswitch/kidnapping fiasco storyline is STILL going. They have dragged that stroyline out far too long. And Danloe are just sooo boring! It's bad when the shows only happy couple is also the shows most boring couple! I think it's time Bo and Hope were reunited. Enough of the breakup. I'm sick of it. It's already dragged on for too long. I don't know if I could still watch days if we have to wait more then 3 or 4 months for them to get back together! I do believe however that we may start to see Bo and Hope reconnect when Mickey dies! Maybe then they will realise how important it is too be together! I would love for them to show Ciara more! If they show how she feels about all of this some more then it may add some more emotion to this story. At the moment I feel it's lacking emotion.
DAYS lost less viewers than Y &R and the same as GH. Statistically DAYS was trending the same as it's competition. To say DAYS lost viewers are because of the breakup of Bo and Hope is at best unprovable, at worst, nonsensical.

DAYS, Sony and NBC know the facts. No one couple, no one character make or break a show. Good storytelling and good acting impact a show much more. DAYS has in fact, over the year, improved even with the loss of fan favorites J/M and S/K. I love my faves, but I know that the show will go on with or without any one couple or character. DAYS survived well without Bo and Hope before and will be fine without them cemented to each other now.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sam09
Jan 1 2010, 02:21 PM
AlisonLou
DAYS lost less viewers than Y &R and the same as GH. Statistically DAYS was trending the same as it's competition. To say DAYS lost viewers are because of the breakup of Bo and Hope is at best unprovable, at worst, nonsensical.

DAYS, Sony and NBC know the facts. No one couple, no one character make or break a show. Good storytelling and good acting impact a show much more. DAYS has in fact, over the year, improved even with the loss of fan favorites J/M and S/K. I love my faves, but I know that the show will go on with or without any one couple or character. DAYS survived well without Bo and Hope before and will be fine without them cemented to each other now.
Thank you.
Some say it's Bo and Hope. Some say it's EJ. Some said it the past in would be John and Marlena. If a show is to the point where one character or one couple makes or breaks it, it's a sorry show to begin with.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

ladyofthelake
Jan 1 2010, 02:23 PM
Sam09
Jan 1 2010, 02:21 PM
AlisonLou

Thank you.
Some say it's Bo and Hope. Some say it's EJ. Some said it the past in would be John and Marlena. If a show is to the point where one character or one couple makes or breaks it, it's a sorry show to begin with.
and Thank You! :hail:

coconuts_dog_red

i read the previews for january 11 and it said that victor finds out that bo and carly slept together does that means it happens next week or this week? and when it does will it be an actual love scene?

sandyeggo1

cassie1013
Jan 1 2010, 04:45 AM
sandyeggo1
Dec 31 2009, 06:11 PM
cassie1013
Dec 31 2009, 05:12 PM
I think Bope are BOTH in the wrong - but, Hope is being a bitch.
I'd be a Mega, Mega Bitch if I was married to a man who cheated with his exes all the time too.
But she was being a bitch before Carly even showed up...and Hope fucked Patrick, in what was one of DAYS most god-awful sex scenes ever...and apparently didn't bother to use a condom, either (not that anyone on this show does). And on top of that, it wasn't even a "WTD while married" story - it was a "I pretty much got knocked up with someone else's kids while married"...until they decided Hope was preg-o for an entire YEAR to make Ciara Bo's, LoL....

I like Hope, but ya gotta look at the facts!
Wow, do you eat with that mouth?

You seem to forget that Bo did the same with Billie in the same episode that Hope was with Patrick. I know Bo and Billie going at it on the ground like dogs in the woods it wasn't has romantic as Hope and Patrick, but he was still doing the same thing. Condemn one, condemn the other. And Ciara is not Patrick's kids, she's Bo's. I'm sorry the SL didn't turn out the way you were hoping, but that's the facts.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply