Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Who does Melanie love?; Jan 12th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 30 2009, 05:04 PM (4,859 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features a short interview with Molly Burnett.

Stephanie and Melanie go to the police station when they hear Nathan and Philip are in jail. At the police station, Nathan tells Melanie that she's making a big mistake in marrying Philip. Molly Burnett says that Melanie wants Nathan to tell her he loves her, "but he's not giving her enough." Burnett continues that Melanie can't leave Philip, who she loves "with 99.8 percent of her", unless Nathan would tell Melanie he loved her and wanted to be with her. "But he can't do it and he doesn't do it and he won't do it, so she leaves him in jail. Those are great scenes."

Melanie and Philip then talk about their plans to go to Las Vegas to elope. They make love afterwards, but Melanie fantasizes about Nathan. Melanie asks Philip to take her to Europe on a long honeymoon. Burnett says Melanie is "not running away from her problems"; she just wants to be with Philp so she can be reminded why she loves him.

Melanie then decides to quit the nursing program she's in, because as Burnett says, she wants to "take some time and reboot", and she wants to get away from Nathan, who also works at the hospital...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I just can not stand Melanie...nothing makes me like her. Meh

Thanks Ellie

Kenny
Member Avatar

The better question might be... who cares?

Thanks Ellie! :)

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I was gonna say the same thing Kenny. WTF cares?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 30 2009, 05:11 PM

My thoughts exactly! WTF cares!!!!

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Kenny
Dec 30 2009, 05:11 PM

lol..and here i thought it was herelf.. :laugh:

thanks, ellie!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

MB and her characters motivations just come off as bi-polar! so .2% of her loves Nathan? Then Mel wants to go to Europe but thats not running away?

And I cant believe I just put in more mental thought about this than MB did??? LOL

DIE MELANIE DIE!

peaches179

Kirk
Dec 30 2009, 05:14 PM

Ditto. Its a shame that the writers can't come with something better than this for Philip.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Aww, lol, I like Melanie :)

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

peaches179
Dec 30 2009, 05:23 PM
Kirk
Dec 30 2009, 05:14 PM

Ditto. Its a shame that the writers can't come with something better than this for Philip.
Amen!! JKJ is completely wasted in this gawd awful quad. :shame:

Thanks for posting, Ellie. :)

Moishele

I like Melanie too. She's much more intresting than Arianna and Gabi, and if they ever show one more day of Nicole whimpering about Sydney I'll throw up on the TV.

BillieD
Member Avatar

This twit is getting on my last nerve!

Thanks for posting.

Mason
Member Avatar

I like Melanie, but this storyline really blows.

LiZa
Member Avatar

Moishele
Dec 30 2009, 05:31 PM
I like Melanie too. She's much more intresting than Arianna and Gabi, and if they ever show one more day of Nicole whimpering about Sydney I'll throw up on the TV.
Lol, Amen. I like Mel. I can't stand Gabby, Kensie, or Ari! What is the point to Ari's character anyways? And Nicole, enough already. I'm beyond sick of her crying, whinying over Sydney.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Dec 30 2009, 05:04 PM
Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features a short interview with Molly Burnett.

Stephanie and Melanie go to the police station when they hear Nathan and Philip are in jail. At the police station, Nathan tells Melanie that she's making a big mistake in marrying Philip. Molly Burnett says that Melanie wants Nathan to tell her he loves her, "but he's not giving her enough." Burnett continues that Melanie can't leave Philip, who she loves "with 99.8 percent of her", unless Nathan would tell Melanie he loved her and wanted to be with her. "But he can't do it and he doesn't do it and he won't do it, so she leaves him in jail. Those are great scenes."

Melanie and Philip then talk about their plans to go to Las Vegas to elope. They make love afterwards, but Melanie fantasizes about Nathan. Melanie asks Philip to take her to Europe on a long honeymoon. Burnett says Melanie is "not running away from her problems"; she just wants to be with Philp so she can be reminded why she loves him.

Melanie then decides to quit the nursing program she's in, because as Burnett says, she wants to "take some time and reboot", and she wants to get away from Nathan, who also works at the hospital...
Who does Melanie love? I really don't care. I just want to be able to love Philip again.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I like Melanie but they are really making it hard to like her. This stuff is so repetetive. I knew this marriage thing with Phillip was going to kill her character, maybe it's too soon to tell.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 30 2009, 06:29 PM
Who does Melanie love? I really don't care. I just want to be able to love Philip again.
Indeed.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Quote:

Amen!! JKJ is completely wasted in this gawd awful quad. :shame:

It's a quad??? I thought it was a triangle Lol, Stephanie isn't needed in this SL. Does Nathan even really give a shit about her? He didn't even show interest until after he caught Melanie kissing Philip at the Cheatin' Heart.
Edited by Mason, Dec 30 2009, 07:49 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Thanks Ellie.

Melanie was becoming likable for me. Nathan made a very positive impact on her. But, her and Phillip are getting married for the wrong reason - both to fill that void in their lives. Marrying someone because you love him 99.8% isn't really justified.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Dare I hope that Melanie quitting her job could lead her offscreen? That would be really nice. I don't give a fuck about Melanie's vapors over who she loves. All I care about is her being Carly's daughter so Vivian can carry out a diabolical plan against her that succeeds. None of this digging her up while she's still breathing shit.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply