Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Who does Melanie love?; Jan 12th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 30 2009, 05:04 PM (4,759 Views)
Sariah
Member Avatar

It sounds to me like MB WANTS Melanie to be in love with Philip - but this upcoming dialogue/scenes make it sounds like she loves him that .2 percent. She's obviously not over Nathan and obviously not totally in love with Philip if she's fantasizing about Nathan while having sex with Philip (stupid girl - how could she have Philip and be thinking about anybody else? LOL)

I just want Philip out of this storyline STAT. Let Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie have their tortured love triangle and please, for the love of Mike, let Philip be a grown-up and stop him from marrying/even remotely caring about teenagers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

thanks for posting this Ellie!

I like MB and finally I like Melanie. But these odious writers do not take time to develop anything. I was fond of Melanie and Nathan but it went by so fast and nothing was really built up. The McDimples/Melanie duo is essentially a microwaved couple much like Danloe was. They, at least, had the added spice of forbidden passion since Chloe was engaged then married to Lucas.

But what in the world is this show going to do with Philip. He and Sanctomonious Stephanie are a dud. She sucks the life out of any man foolish enough to get near her. Melanie is really too young for Philip. Who's left? H#2 but she is too busy boinking Brady 24/7. Who is left? The teenies? Please no.

PHELLE FOREVER

WTH are they doing? They ruined Ejami and gave us boring Safe, and now they're ruining Phelanie to put Melanie with that dullard Nathan???
You have got to be kidding!!! Why is Dena Higley against the passionate couples?
The spark is with Ejami and Phelanie. Melanie and Sami are in nature too 'spicy' to be with such mundane characters as Rafe and Nathan. OMG....what next!
I'm a good girl, but now I have to say it, "Kiss my ass Corday!"
OK, I feel better, thanks.

kitkat
Member Avatar

I tell you my problem... I love Mel but hate her with Nathan and Philip... it's like Melanie watered down... For me you could take Philip, Stephanie, and Nathan... in a relationship threesome.
Edited by kitkat, Dec 30 2009, 09:05 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Don't care.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Sariah
Dec 30 2009, 08:32 PM
I just want Philip out of this storyline STAT. Let Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie have their tortured love triangle and please, for the love of Mike, let Philip be a grown-up and stop him from marrying/even remotely caring about teenagers.
I could not agree more. I really wish I knew what horrific thing I had once done to Ken Corday, Gary Tomlin and/or Dena Higley, perhaps in a former life, for them to allow and abet the ruination of Philip.

slayer2
Member Avatar

Quote:

WTH are they doing? They ruined Ejami and gave us boring Safe, and now they're ruining Phelanie to put Melanie with that dullard Nathan???
You have got to be kidding!!! Why is Dena Higley against the passionate couples?
The spark is with Ejami and Phelanie. Melanie and Sami are in nature too 'spicy' to be with such mundane characters as Rafe and Nathan. OMG....what next!
I'm a good girl, but now I have to say it, "Kiss my ass Corday!"
OK, I feel better, thanks.

Word! Ejami and Phelanie bring the heat man. This crap is hopeless and out of the blue bullshit. Next thing you know they will be pushing Stephanie/Melanie I mean at this point who knows what they're going for! Grrr argh blah! I'm a Phelanie fan through and through and even I know this shit ain't right! Philip is not a damn prop to be used for Mate. What girl in her right mind would fantasize about Nathan while in bed with Philip anyways....seriously writers? I don't think they even know what they are trying to do because you've got me a Phelanie fan hating on Melanie wishing Kate/Vivian and Victor would band together and exact some kind of smackdown. If you want Nathan so bad than go have him! Idiot! No one is twisting her arm/poisoning or blackmailing her there is no reason in hell she should be stringing Philip along, he deserves better and so do we! Stupid, stupid writers! Poor Molly B for trying to find some sense and a through line in this suckfest!

Quote:

I like Melanie but they are really making it hard to like her. This stuff is so repetetive. I knew this marriage thing with Phillip was going to kill her character, maybe it's too soon to tell.

Word! It is super hard to like her right now. It's not like her character to be wishy washy and Philip deserves better! Losing to Nathan of all boring brain drain characters? Bitch please!
Edited by slayer2, Dec 31 2009, 01:20 AM.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

To say this whole thing is ridiculous is an understatement. :hmmph: I'm so sick of wishy-washyness on soaps. :frustration: I'm just tired of it. :angry: Melanie can jump off a bridge for all I care. She is absolutely despicable and I'm done with her.

slayer2
Member Avatar

Quote:

To say this whole thing is ridiculous is an understatement. I'm so sick of wishy-washyness on soaps. I'm just tired of it. Melanie can jump off a bridge for all I care. She is absolutely despicable and I'm done with her

I hear ya sister! :shame:

OliveAnn

Aloha, everybody, new kid on the block. Well, not quite; those who are members at GoldDerby might remember me.

OK, quick question: WTF is going on with Melanie? First, the writers put in a lot of work to make her likeable: they turned her into a nice person, almost a good girl (which fits the actress better, IMO) and made her a nursing student, thus establishing her as a character always ready to help everyone (Stephanie, Chloe and Brady to name a few). Now, they're letting it all go down the drain so she could become a barely legal Hausfrau? That's worse than where she was this time least year!

Luvndool

Ellie
Dec 30 2009, 05:04 PM
Melanie then decides to quit the nursing program she's in, because as Burnett says, she wants to "take some time and reboot", and she wants to get away from Nathan, who also works at the hospital...
OK I wasn't going to post anything about this because my 'giveashit' factor with this quad is very close to nil but....

Why on earth are they having Melanie quit the nursing program instead of just insta-graduating her? Stephanie managed to get a four year degree in three or so months so we know its not out of the realm of doolpossible. Mel could have graduated the program and then gone to work at some clinic or somesuch to get away from Nathan. :frustration:

I guess the writers at Days have a minimum unemployment rate they must adhere to in Salem.

OliveAnn

If that's the case... wanna bet once her and Philip are over, she'll be back in the nursing program, something you'd never be allowed in RL? Or worse, she'll have finished it in less than a day and be an actual nurse!

slayer2
Member Avatar

Grrrr how can have so much potential for good stories and fuck it up so completely? Everytime they do this too, It's the same reason they are screwing up EJ with this drug dealing crap and turning Sami into a damn martyr! Now Melanie is madly in love with Nathan and "settling" for Philip when just last month she was madly in love with Philip and "settling" for Nathan, because we all missed Belle sooooo much we just had to have version 2.0. Do the writers even remember who these characters are at all?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Luvndool
Dec 31 2009, 07:51 AM
Ellie
Dec 30 2009, 05:04 PM
Melanie then decides to quit the nursing program she's in, because as Burnett says, she wants to "take some time and reboot", and she wants to get away from Nathan, who also works at the hospital...
OK I wasn't going to post anything about this because my 'giveashit' factor with this quad is very close to nil but....

Why on earth are they having Melanie quit the nursing program instead of just insta-graduating her? Stephanie managed to get a four year degree in three or so months so we know its not out of the realm of doolpossible. Mel could have graduated the program and then gone to work at some clinic or somesuch to get away from Nathan. :frustration:

I guess the writers at Days have a minimum unemployment rate they must adhere to in Salem.
Dontcha know that quitting indicates the extreme sacrifice she is making in order to marry Philip?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Phelle & Slayer, good posts.

I know there are people who think that Melanie has ruined Phillip but quit the opposite has happened. Nathan is way more mature than Phillip is and that is not because it's OOC for him--he's always been this way. I didn't see fire between Melanie and Nathan but I didn't hate them together, I could appreciate the cutesy factor to them. One of the reasons why is because Melanie was on her way to be a stand alone character, she was getting some good character development. Now they have her getting married, ok, a good indication Phelony aren't meant to last but at least they could have some passion, have it be destroyed by all the factors the Phelony detractors list out. But to have it destroyed by wishywasyness, gmafb, do something new. And now, they are going to have her quit the nursing program, great. Melanie is being slowly destroyed-no school, no job.

Usually, MB sounds pretty clear in what is driving Melanie. This sounds like total spin on her part and sounds like it going to be total shit onscreen when the actress doesn't even know what her motivations are.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ Nice post. Thats how I feel about this character.

I hated her when introduced because she took too much air time and was so green that I couldnt stand her. I also couldnt stand her in the Fuel's project SL...she ruined it for me!

Then she got a bit tolerable when she met Nathan. I liked their working relationship. How he helped her study and it was getting to be a slow build. I found myself not being distracted my her acting choice in mannerisms and found her to be a cute match to doc Nathan. I also liked her in the Daniel SL, where Nathan saved Chloe and she covered for him. Maybe I miss a workplace romance.

This was all ruined because playboy Phil came back into the picture. She went back to being OTT annoying and I would FF Phelony scenes. It just looks like hes using her and she's GA GA over him because she thinks of him as this unattainable man that she "won." The, we see poor Nathan left in the dust for some shiny new toy that Mel has always wanted.

I wish there was someone else for Nathan then Stephanie. Its painfully obvious that Nathan considers her a friend and Stephanie is trying so hard to get him to notice her. Even now, when Nathan heard of the engagement, it kind of destroyed the buildup that I was liking about his relationship with Mel.

And why does she have to quit Nursing school?! I hate it when women on this show cant work? WTF? WHY? That should have been a warning sign right there for Mel, but shes too busy playing with her shiny new toy!

jane1978

Call me optimist or naive but this will be a good story to play. Yeah, some character development is rather rushed so they can make the february deadline, but the conflict they are building now has so much more potential than just Phillip/Steph and Mel/Nathan getting together and living happily ever after. If things go right, soon Mel will be Mrs. Kiriakis thus unavailable for Nathan, Steph will be determined not to loose yet again thus finally taking active steps to stop Mel/Nathan from reunion and Phil will try to help her keep their current respective partners while surprisingly discovering her evil scheming side thus realizing they arenīt so incompatible after all.

Tomlin and Whittesel are showing they know exactly what they are doing yet again because while some scenes and movements are somewhat shaky and doesnīt make perfect sense, itīs the large picture what counts. This story promisses a lot of goodies and Iīm definitely looking forward to the wedding and what comes after it.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Dec 31 2009, 12:06 PM
And why does she have to quit Nursing school?! I hate it when women on this show cant work? WTF? WHY? That should have been a warning sign right there for Mel, but shes too busy playing with her shiny new toy!
The hospital taking up her time would have been good angst for Phelony. They could have Melanie working like mad for money (because she needs it) which could cause tension between Phelony. Nathan is her superior is nursing school, more tension fo everyone. Phillip is on the board of trustees, Stephanie is in administration... potential tension galore.

Having Melanie quit school also makes me think that in a blink of an eye she's going to be CEO of something, without any kind of training. It bugs me that all these characters have these high end jobs because they have secret talents under the surface like Barbie and her many careers.. I was ok with Melanie and her Fuels Project s/l, I'm ok with Phillip being an executive...it made sense, it was handed to them because of family and they screw up all the time.
Edited by Halloween Family, Dec 31 2009, 12:18 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

jane1978
Dec 31 2009, 12:08 PM
Call me optimist or naive but this will be a good story to play. Yeah, some character development is rather rushed so they can make the february deadline, but the conflict they are building now has so much more potential than just Phillip/Steph and Mel/Nathan getting together and living happily ever after. If things go right, soon Mel will be Mrs. Kiriakis thus unavailable for Nathan, Steph will be determined not to loose yet again thus finally taking active steps to stop Mel/Nathan from reunion and Phil will try to help her keep their current respective partners while surprisingly discovering her evil scheming side thus realizing they arenīt so incompatible after all.

Tomlin and Whittesel are showing they know exactly what they are doing yet again because while some scenes and movements are somewhat shaky and doesnīt make perfect sense, itīs the large picture what counts. This story promisses a lot of goodies and Iīm definitely looking forward to the wedding and what comes after it.
I think that's the problem...they are looking at the large picture and not the pieces that it takes to get them there like character development. Without those things people won't give a shit. Look at how many people hated Melanie in the beginning, mainly because she was on too much but they gave her some development and it worked wonders. Chemistry isn't going to be enough to get them to the big picture. IMO, phelony and sathan have fire chemistry but it needs to be fanned. Stephanie and Phillip really didn't seem to have enough to carry them through, it seemed like people are sick of the makeup breakup cycle so why do they think this will work? They really need to put some effort into these characters.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jane1978
Dec 31 2009, 12:08 PM

Are you and Phoenix related? :D You take after one of my favorite songs "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".
My take on this story is more like the King's "Life's a piece of shit when you look at it".
I HATE what this is doing to Philip!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply