Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Who does Melanie love?; Jan 12th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 30 2009, 05:04 PM (4,798 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Tripp
Dec 31 2009, 05:50 PM
jane1978
Dec 31 2009, 02:24 PM
Seriously, I hate this too young girl argument. As if older, rich, good looking guys never had an affairs and/or relationships with good looking young girls. IMO itīs more a rule than exception, just ask almost any model, actress, beauty pageant and a lots and lots of college students who is their boyfriend and how old he is. And itīs not because they are all gold diggers.
Sorry if you hate the young girl argument. Yes, good looking older men have relationships with younger women, but I've not seen anyone ever approve of 30 year olds dating girls who are younger then 20. I realize it still happens, but it's not something that gets ignored. Not by the family, not by the friends, not by society.

Daniel is older than Chloe but that is not an issue because she's not pubescent and has had life experiences with marriage and having a real career. Melanie came on this show as a minor who didn't even finish school. The show pretends that an elitist like Philip would have no problems ignoring the fact his current lover is ignorant in education and is not old enough to buy alcohol.

I will always have issue with men dating GIRLS. It's not something I'm gonna accept and society doesn't like it very much either.

Then you compound the issue that Philip has already been engaged to someone else this year, that he began DATING this year. I never thought it possible to make Philip look more pathetic than his constant Belle obsession even when she chose the uninspiring Shawn over him. But we must give credit to Dena and her writing monkeys. They can take a character who had so much potential and had so far to go, and make him a pathetic loser who prefers girls over women. Though thankfully Max and his niece dating ways are out the door, the show has replaced incest with near pedophilia, and I will never accept it.

But I guess that opinion doesn't count as it's just a "young girl" argument. I don't get into relationships just because the writers tell me to like them, I expect to understand why. It can't be about looks (and that's ignoring the fact Melanie isn't exactly Miss America with her Arial Mermaid hairstyle and weird mouth). I still maintain Melanie needs to be in the teenage generation because SHE'S A TEENAGER. Even Molly Burnett hangs with them in real life. Why wouldn't Melanie?

I saw watching today and I thought SHIT, ITS ARIEL..and Phil's is her Prince Eric! LOL

(Maybe I should amend my previous post about the Jonas Bros?!)

BTW, great post!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

slayer2
Member Avatar

Quote:

Liz<3DaysDec 31 2009, 06:26 PM
As for MB bringing out the best in JKJ...I have seen the opposite. Its almost if hes laughing inside. PLEASE, this actress is so green with her awkward childish mannerisms that she de-ages the character. Just look at the scenes a couple of days ago with LK and LS, a more competent actress would at least be present in the scene. She could have been yelling and no one would have noticed! Sure, it may be unfair to put her with these caliber of actresses, but when they throw you in the water, you better start paddling! She just keeps sinking!

I disagree completely, it looks to me that JKJ enjoys working with her and vice versa, and I find her very talented and have from the start. Obviously {as per avatar} I think they have a great chemistry and I truly enjoy watching them together. Certainly I find it a lot more entertaining than watching him moon over Stephanie. In regards to her age I could give two shits if she's younger, so fucking what I say, his fucking old bag of a father married a 23 year old when he was in his Sixties! No one seemed to give two shits about that. The age is not the issue for me even remotely the issue is TPTB appear to be making Philip out to look like an asshat.....AGAIN, and that's what they seem to enjoy doing in all of his ships irrespective of how old whoever he is involved with at the time is. With respect to that particular issue, JKJ deserves a helluva lot better and so does Philip. Truly in reality a guy like Philip Kiriakis would have no trouble taking a date/wife/lover/trophy wife/mistress anything so for me the believability factor in this storyline leaves a lot to be desired.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

slayer2
Dec 31 2009, 06:28 PM
Quote:

Liz<3DaysDec 31 2009, 06:26 PM
As for MB bringing out the best in JKJ...I have seen the opposite. Its almost if hes laughing inside. PLEASE, this actress is so green with her awkward childish mannerisms that she de-ages the character. Just look at the scenes a couple of days ago with LK and LS, a more competent actress would at least be present in the scene. She could have been yelling and no one would have noticed! Sure, it may be unfair to put her with these caliber of actresses, but when they throw you in the water, you better start paddling! She just keeps sinking!

I disagree completely, it looks to me that JKJ enjoys working with her and vice versa, and I find her very talented and have from the start. Obviously {as per avatar} I think they have a great chemistry and I truly enjoy watching them together. Certainly I find it a lot more entertaining than watching him moon over Stephanie. In regards to her age I could give two shits if she's younger, so fucking what I say, his fucking old bag of a father married a 23 year old when he was in his Sixties! No one seemed to give two shits about that. The age is not the issue for me even remotely the issue is TPTB appear to be making Philip out to look like an asshat.....AGAIN, and that's what they seem to enjoy doing in all of his ships irrespective of how old whoever he is involved with at the time is. With respect to that particular issue, JKJ deserves a helluva lot better and so does Philip. Truly in reality a guy like Philip Kiriakis would have no trouble taking a date/wife/lover/trophy wife/mistress anything so for me the believability factor in this storyline leaves a lot to be desired.
You're right, Victor marrying Nicole was gross. But at the time Victor was WAY beyond 30 and Nicole was beyond 19, so YES, it does make a difference as I and others have referenced with regards to mid life crisis v Phils current age!

I think JKJ works better with the vets. I love his scenes with his dad as well as his mommies. They write for him these juicy one liners and thats where he shines. They cant do that because you will get a vacuous stare from Melanie! (And I didnt like Phil w/Stephanie either!)

Why not pair him up with someone like Arianna. If they have to have her on DAYS, then I think they would look hot together and you have insta-bad blood from Brady!

I totally agree that Phil would have no trouble getting someone better!

phicklover

i like melanie and philip together, i think they are hot and sexy together. i couldnt stand him with stephanice, it was a complete bore. melanie and philip are slowly becoming my favorite couple!!

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 30 2009, 06:29 PM
Ellie
Dec 30 2009, 05:04 PM
Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features a short interview with Molly Burnett.

Stephanie and Melanie go to the police station when they hear Nathan and Philip are in jail. At the police station, Nathan tells Melanie that she's making a big mistake in marrying Philip. Molly Burnett says that Melanie wants Nathan to tell her he loves her, "but he's not giving her enough." Burnett continues that Melanie can't leave Philip, who she loves "with 99.8 percent of her", unless Nathan would tell Melanie he loved her and wanted to be with her. "But he can't do it and he doesn't do it and he won't do it, so she leaves him in jail. Those are great scenes."

Melanie and Philip then talk about their plans to go to Las Vegas to elope. They make love afterwards, but Melanie fantasizes about Nathan. Melanie asks Philip to take her to Europe on a long honeymoon. Burnett says Melanie is "not running away from her problems"; she just wants to be with Philp so she can be reminded why she loves him.

Melanie then decides to quit the nursing program she's in, because as Burnett says, she wants to "take some time and reboot", and she wants to get away from Nathan, who also works at the hospital...
Who does Melanie love? I really don't care. I just want to be able to love Philip again.
Ahh, I love them both and think MB is the first girl since MM left who really sizzles a scene with him.

Who does Melanie love? I think she loves Phil, but realizes it's way too soon to make a lifetime commitment with him.

Nathan? He's the perfect match with Stephanie.

He's the guy she wanted Phil to turn himself into.

Luvndool

Although I think it was a dumb move, perhaps having Mel quit the nursing program was due to the fact that Gabi and Mia are going to be candy stripers. They don't want to put Mel in the same light as the younger set (although she might fit better there due to age).

They should have just graduated her and made her a nurse. That way she would be farther along than Gabi and Mia. :shrug:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Luvndool
Jan 1 2010, 11:34 AM
Although I think it was a dumb move, perhaps having Mel quit the nursing program was due to the fact that Gabi and Mia are going to be candy stripers. They don't want to put Mel in the same light as the younger set (although she might fit better there due to age).

They should have just graduated her and made her a nurse. That way she would be farther along than Gabi and Mia. :shrug:
In all honesty, that shouldn't make a difference. There are a lot of people who start nursing school at the "untraditional" age of past 20-22. If anything, Melanie should have been SORASED earlier. I'm just not sure if it makes a difference with this actress, though.
Funny....when I was watching a Days Christmas montage (when Steve Johnson was reading the Christmas story), Stephanie was played by Shayna Rose. She and Molly Burnett look SO much alike!

PHELLE FOREVER

phicklover
Dec 31 2009, 11:47 PM
i like melanie and philip together, i think they are hot and sexy together. i couldnt stand him with stephanice, it was a complete bore. melanie and philip are slowly becoming my favorite couple!!
Word!
And your Phick banner is smokin' :rockon:

PHELLE FOREVER

SpriteEyes
Jan 1 2010, 06:29 AM
ladyofthelake
Dec 30 2009, 06:29 PM
Ellie
Please link to DR.

Stephanie and Melanie go to the police station when they hear Nathan and Philip are in jail. At the police station, Nathan tells Melanie that she's making a big mistake in marrying Philip. Molly Burnett says that Melanie wants Nathan to tell her he loves her, "but he's not giving her enough." Burnett continues that Melanie can't leave Philip, who she loves "with 99.8 percent of her", unless Nathan would tell Melanie he loved her and wanted to be with her. "But he can't do it and he doesn't do it and he won't do it, so she leaves him in jail. Those are great scenes."

Melanie and Philip then talk about their plans to go to Las Vegas to elope. They make love afterwards, but Melanie fantasizes about Nathan. Melanie asks Philip to take her to Europe on a long honeymoon. Burnett says Melanie is "not running away from her problems"; she just wants to be with Philp so she can be reminded why she loves him.

Melanie then decides to quit the nursing program she's in, because as Burnett says, she wants to "take some time and reboot", and she wants to get away from Nathan, who also works at the hospital...
Who does Melanie love? I really don't care. I just want to be able to love Philip again.
Ahh, I love them both and think MB is the first girl since MM left who really sizzles a scene with him.

Who does Melanie love? I think she loves Phil, but realizes it's way too soon to make a lifetime commitment with him.

Nathan? He's the perfect match with Stephanie.

He's the guy she wanted Phil to turn himself into.
I agree with every word., SpriteEyes. Well said. Phelanie all the way!!! :cheer:
Edited by PHELLE FOREVER, Jan 1 2010, 02:22 PM.

soapfan1

Ellie
Please link to DR.

I hate that the writers are trying to make Melanie and Nathan the rooting couple.They are so boring together :sleep: .What woman in her right mind would fantasize about Nathan while in bed with Philip? :shame:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

soapfan1
Jan 4 2010, 05:23 PM
Ellie
Please link to DR.

I hate that the writers are trying to make Melanie and Nathan the rooting couple.They are so boring together :sleep: .What woman in her right mind would fantasize about Nathan while in bed with Philip? :shame:
Well, actually, in this world, there is more to a guy than his looks. Not that Nathan is shabby. I'd be a little suspicious when a 30 some year old guy who hated my guts last year all of a sudden started getting rather stalkerish after breaking an engagement, no matter how hunky he is. Yeah, this is a soap and she's a vapid 19 year old.... :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply