Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Sami and EJ keep Rafe in the dark; January 12th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Dec 30 2009, 10:39 PM (6,329 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

EJ manipulates Sami into keeping secrets from Rafe , when they receive a note and $5 million ransom demand from Sydney's kidnapper.

"Rafe's a little suspicious that something is going on," says GG. "He and Sami have a special connection, and he's able to tell when she's acting weird."

Although Sami wants to call Rafe, EJ convinces her it would endanger Sydney, because the kidnapper ordered Sami to keep quiet. EJ assures Sami he will get the money and all will be fine, but Sami has second thoughts about shutting Rafe out, especially after he delivers some big news. "Rafe tells Sami the FBI reinstated him, because they're impressed by the way he's been coordinating between them and the police department on Sydney's kidnapping," says GG. "Rafe becomes the point person for the case in Salem." Sami then thinks that they better tell him and even goes to EJ to secretly talk to him about it. Rafe overhears and knows that something is being kept from him. "He's been suspicious all along, and this only solidifies that suspicion."

Rafe confronts Sami and EJ point-blank. "He asks them, 'You're sure there isn't something you're not telling me? There hasn't been a ransom note, has there?'" recounts GG. "Because Rafe knows the kidnapper didn't take the baby to keep the baby, especially with a family like the DiMeras. They're usually looking for money."

Sami tries to cover, but Rafe doesn't totally believe her. He tells her they will get through it and get Sydney back and that the most important thing is they need to be honest with each other and communicate. "Rafe is saying all of this stuff to her. It's killing her inside."

The lack of serious lead is killing Rafe. Later he lets his anger and fear show to Bo, but is still determined to bring Sydney home. "Rafe is frustrated and upset, and Sami sees it," says GG. "She's wracked with guilt and torn, but also scared."

Sami tells EJ it's getting harder to keep the secret from Rafe, but EJ skillfully manipulates her into staying quiet. "Not only has EJ pushed Rafe out of the picture, but he's made Rafe look bad and unsuccessful," notes GG. "Rafe's been telling Sami he's going to get Sydney back, but where is she? EJ is succeeding on many levels."

As for how Rafe is going to feel when he learns Sami has been keeping vital information from him, Galen admits he's going to be annoyed. "But that's also a delicate line for him," points out GG. "Ultimately, it's not about Rafe. It's about getting Sydney back, but it will certainly raise the issue of trust. As much as Rafe will be angry, he'll also be empathetic and understand why Sami would do what she did under the circumstances, especially when she was manipulated by EJ."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

In all honesty it is not hard to keep Rafe in the dark. He lives there. It is his world.

They need to wrap this stupid crap story up. And they need to explain why Anna is doing what she is doing already.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Ok, I really think EJ is behind the kidnapping. He is trying to take away Rafe's "hero" image. The face he made when he got the ransom note, was probably a red herring.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Angie.

So many WTF's...............

How exactly is EJ manipulating Sami? Is she unable to make decisions for herself about what to tell Super Rafe? And why was a civilian acting as a liason between the FBI and the Salem PD on a kidnapping?

It will be funny to see ol' Rafester be the one kept in the dark and lied to. Go EJ! :D

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Since when do Sami and Rafe have a 'special' connection? It's called a penis Rafe, and you'll be surprised to know that they are rather common.

The rest implies that EJ is trying to one-up Rafe and make him look stupid which is not what the writing is showing at all currently. I know that Rafe's ego has the insane need to be the 'hero' but making EJ the bad guy here is a bit ludicrous. Was Hope the villain for following the kidnapper's demands in order to get her child back? EJ is a villain, just not in this particular scenario.

And using the term 'manipulate' is just wtf?
Edited by mer4santo, Dec 30 2009, 11:00 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Thanks, Angie!

To borrow a comment from IMiss earlier this week...Sami's never needed an excuse to keep secrets from the guy she's screwing. :lol: I'll wait to see how it plays out but I've yet to see EJ 'manipulate' Sami in to keeping quiet. His point was valid - the note clearly stated they weren't to tell anyone. Why would they risk Sydney's safety? SupeRafe needs to get over himself...he's pretty darned good at keeping secrets himself.

Quote:

"Not only has EJ pushed Rafe out of the picture, but he's made Rafe look bad and unsuccessful," notes GG. "Rafe's been telling Sami he's going to get Sydney back, but where is she? EJ is succeeding on many levels."

:roflol: Oh GG...you're such a kidder! Rafe didn't need any help at all from EJ to look unsuccessful...he just is.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Dec 30 2009, 10:55 PM
Since when do Sami and Rafe have a 'special' connection? It's called a penis Rafe, and you'll be surprised to know that they are rather common.
:roflol: :roflol:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Sami and Rafe do share a special connection--they both suck.

EJ definitely seems manipulative to me, so I can't blame Rafe for picking up on that. Sami should be suspicious herself, wondering if EJ's trying to do the same thing to her she did to him.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

EJ definitely seems manipulative to me, so I can't blame Rafe for picking up on that. Sami should be suspicious herself, wondering if EJ's trying to do the same thing to her she did to him.

:dance: I love your opening comment. It is so true.

Luvndool

mer4santo
Maybe instead of 'special connection' GG meant to say 'special purpose' ala Steve Martin in The Jerk. :lol:

As for the OP...

If the writers are trying to convey that EJ is manipulating Sami they are missing the mark with me. He didn't show her the note and then demand that she keep it to herself. She barged in on him while he was reading it and he took steps to hide it from her. Sami later read it herself while he was out of the room taking a call. He simply begged her not to tell anyone because the note said - 'don't tell anyone' and 'I'm watching you'.

Is there something else EJ did that could be construed as manipulative that I missed? :shrug:

TFP Angie.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 30 2009, 11:03 PM
:hail:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Luvndool
Dec 30 2009, 11:08 PM
mer4santo
Maybe instead of 'special connection' GG meant to say 'special purpose' ala Steve Martin in The Jerk. :lol:

As for the OP...

If the writers are trying to convey that EJ is manipulating Sami they are missing the mark with me. He didn't show her the note and then demand that she keep it to herself. She barged in on him while he was reading it and he took steps to hide it from her. Sami later read it herself while he was out of the room taking a call. He simply begged her not to tell anyone because the note said - 'don't tell anyone' and 'I'm watching you'.

Is there something else EJ did that could be construed as manipulative that I missed? :shrug:

TFP Angie.

You mean to tell me that Sami wouldnt go through a drawer if she knew that someone looked at a piece of paper like how EJ looked at it? REALLY? This is the woman that touched a woman's shirt to only reveal her preggers stomach???

This is classic EJ "black glove,' whats worse is he has the motivation and means to keep playing Sami and dumb-ass Sami is falling for it..AGAIN! When wasnt EJ manipulating her? Immigration hearing ring a bell?

AND SAFE..YOU DO SUCK! :flipoff:

Edited by Liz<3Days, Dec 30 2009, 11:31 PM.

cassie1013

Quote:

"Rafe's a little suspicious that something is going on," says GG. "He and Sami have a special connection, and he's able to tell when she's acting weird."

Oh, please! That should read Sami thinks they have a special connection - just like she did with Austin, Brandon, etc.! Save the connection BS for the real supercouples - like Bo and Hope.

Manda1

EJ puts the note in the drawer and leaves the room to take the call.....the note that says tell no-one and I am watching you...if he didnít want Sami to snoop he should have taken it with him or he doesnít know Sami at all.....

When he told her not to tell Rafe he kept on saying things like it will be on your head if you tell Rafe and the FBI are brought in and it all goes wrong.....a little mean donít you think? Was it really necessary to add those comments unless he was manipulating Sami into feeling guilty and afraid that the whole successful return of Sydney will hinge on whether or not she tells Rafe...which we know is ridiculous....

Luvndool

Liz<3Days
Dec 30 2009, 11:27 PM
You mean to tell me that Sami wouldnt go through a drawer if she knew that someone looked at a piece of paper like how EJ looked at it? REALLY? This is the woman that touched a woman's shirt to only reveal her preggers stomach???
Not saying Sami wouldn't do that at all. Just saying they could have done a much better job showing that he intended to have her read it if they wanted to show him as manipulating her.

Quote:

This is classic EJ "black glove,' whats worse is he has the motivation and means to keep playing Sami and dumb-ass Sami is falling for it..AGAIN! When wasnt EJ manipulated her? Immigration hearing ring a bell?

During the Immigration BS it was blatantly obvious that he was manipulating her. I would expect that same level of obvious if they were suddenly trying to convey EJ as master manipulator rather than the 'in the dark nimwit' we have seen this past year.

Luvndool

Manda1
Dec 30 2009, 11:33 PM
EJ puts the note in the drawer and leaves the room to take the call.....the note that says tell no-one and I am watching you...if he didnít want Sami to snoop he should have taken it with him or he doesnít know Sami at all.....

When he told her not to tell Rafe he kept on saying things like it will be on your head if you tell Rafe and the FBI are brought in and it all goes wrong.....a little mean donít you think? Was it really necessary to add those comments unless he was manipulating Sami into feeling guilty and afraid that the whole successful return of Sydney will hinge on whether or not she tells Rafe...which we know is ridiculous....
Good point. I saw that more as lazy writing/recycle the Bope Ciara kidnapping blather. :shrug:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Luvndool
Dec 30 2009, 11:38 PM
Liz<3Days
Dec 30 2009, 11:27 PM
Not saying Sami wouldn't do that at all. Just saying they could have done a much better job showing that he intended to have her read it if they wanted to show him as manipulating her.

Quote:

This is classic EJ "black glove,' whats worse is he has the motivation and means to keep playing Sami and dumb-ass Sami is falling for it..AGAIN! When wasnt EJ manipulated her? Immigration hearing ring a bell?

During the Immigration BS it was blatantly obvious that he was manipulating her. I would expect that same level of obvious if they were suddenly trying to convey EJ as master manipulator rather than the 'in the dark nimwit' we have seen this past year.
Manipulation is manipulation...a little or a lot, still the same!

Man, I'm going to ENJOY EJ bringing the nasty back! I can just picture him getting the knife she struck him on his back with and shoving it in hers! YES!

Go BLACK GLOVE EJ!

TINA222
Member Avatar

If EJ isnt behind this kidnapping them GG can shove it up his ass. He tries to hard to make his character the good guy. Its like he is scared the fans will not like him otherwise. insecure much? I hope EJ is behind this and is taking delight in torturing Safe. Pay back's a bitch and you dont cross a Dimera!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Luvndool
Dec 30 2009, 11:42 PM
Manda1
Dec 30 2009, 11:33 PM

Good point. I saw that more as lazy writing/recycle the Bope Ciara kidnapping blather. :shrug:
Actually, given that we know that Rafe does get involved with the FBI and the whole thing turns out badly I guess it's not ridiculous at all.

I'm not saying I don't think EJ is involved. In fact, there's a pretty significant part of me that hopes he is because I'd much rather see that version of EJ than what we've had for the past year or longer. But at this point in time I've seen nothing on screen to indicate he's manipulating Sami. I think it's completely reasonable that he would ask her to follow the demand in the note and not say anything - at least until they have a better idea of what they are facing. And leaving the note in the drawer and Sami finding it is hardly a manipulation. We keep hearing about this new and improved 'mature' Sami - so if she's snooping around and reading something he stated was a note from an old college friend that isn't EJ's fault. She's an adult perfectly capable of making a responsible decision - and most adults DON'T help themselves to someone's private letters/notes.

rachel123

SocRMum1
Dec 30 2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks, Angie!

To borrow a comment from IMiss earlier this week...Sami's never needed an excuse to keep secrets from the guy she's screwing. :lol: I'll wait to see how it plays out but I've yet to see EJ 'manipulate' Sami in to keeping quiet. His point was valid - the note clearly stated they weren't to tell anyone. Why would they risk Sydney's safety? SupeRafe needs to get over himself...he's pretty darned good at keeping secrets himself.

Quote:

"Not only has EJ pushed Rafe out of the picture, but he's made Rafe look bad and unsuccessful," notes GG. "Rafe's been telling Sami he's going to get Sydney back, but where is she? EJ is succeeding on many levels."

:roflol: Oh GG...you're such a kidder! Rafe didn't need any help at all from EJ to look unsuccessful...he just is.
so treu this is not a secret gg in the show just becuse gery tomlin other wise we dont hev to toloret hem he is so boring omg this is not hate just boringgg
Edited by rachel123, Dec 31 2009, 12:24 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply